• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

The only difference is detailing the shoes a bit more and adding more to his eyes. They're basically the same design, it reminds me of how they changed Mega Man's appearance a bit.
The thing is that a lot of us didn't want a more detailed look. We wanted a classic, cartoon-y styled character. I like the new design as well, mind you, but I prefer the classic because it's simple and doesn't add more detail than necessary.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I see him as being revealed at E3, but I could also see him happening at the end of this month (unlikely in my mind, though), or this May, which might be reasonable.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It is to promote the Ghostly Adventures game, Miis are there to promote Wii Party U, and it happens to be Punch-Out's anniversary, so they might reveal Little Mac.
Seems like a coicidence they will all be revealed this month.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
It is to promote the Ghostly Adventures game, Miis are there to promote Wii Party U, and it happens to be Punch-Out's anniversary, so they might reveal Little Mac.
Seems like a coicidence they will all be revealed this month.
I don't think they all will be. At all. That's far too good to be true. Especially without some sort of convention.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope we don't have to wait till May lol.
I'd rather wait till May... this way, Nintendo/Sakurai and Namco could agree to add Pac-Man and Sakurai and team would have enough time to come up with a moveset/playstyle for Pac-Man and add Pac-Man in the game... maybe by then, Sakurai could reveal Pac-Man at E3 2014.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I'd rather wait till May... this way, Nintendo/Sakurai and Namco could agree to add Pac-Man and Sakurai and team would have enough time to come up with a moveset/playstyle for Pac-Man and add Pac-Man in the game... maybe by then, Sakurai could reveal Pac-Man at E3 2014.
Probably by this time Pac-Man has already been made and only now is been worked on to be polished the same is happening with Snake, Mega Man and Sonic, probably because they are third party and need more time to been worked on.
.n_n.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah, they been probably working on Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man since the E3 reveal.
They may have been, and they may be nearly done. I don't think they'll be shown yet, though.

Honestly, I feel like people are too used to the old Dojo revealing newcomers. I don't feel like any newcomers are going to be revealed yet. I just think they'd release newcomers in 2014, since it'd hype the game up closer to release.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I see him as being revealed at E3, but I could also see him happening at the end of this month (unlikely in my mind, though), or this May, which might be reasonable.
I agree i could see him being revealed at E3.

Arcadenik, I'd rather wait till May... this way, Nintendo/Sakurai and Namco could agree to add Pac-Man and Sakurai and team would have enough time to come up with a moveset/playstyle for Pac-Man and add Pac-Man in the game... maybe by then, Sakurai could reveal Pac-Man at E3 2014.
I think or would like to think they have all ready agreed to add Pac-Man to smash 4.But there probably waiting till E3.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
They may have been, and they may be nearly done. I don't think they'll be shown yet, though.

Honestly, I feel like people are too used to the old Dojo revealing newcomers. I don't feel like any newcomers are going to be revealed yet. I just think they'd release newcomers in 2014, since it'd hype the game up closer to release.
Yeah, I remember how Brawl Dojo revealed 12 newcomers (two of them unlockables) and 13 veterans before the game came out... but we found out there were only 4 unlockable newcomers (excluding Sonic and Snake) and 8 unlockable veterans. I wonder if SSB4 is going to be the opposite where most of the veterans are on the starting roster while most of the newcomers are unlockable...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah, I remember how Brawl Dojo revealed 12 newcomers (two of them unlockables) and 13 veterans before the game came out... but we found out there were only 4 unlockable newcomers (excluding Sonic and Snake) and 8 unlockable veterans. I wonder if SSB4 is going to be the opposite where most of the veterans are on the starting roster while most of the newcomers are unlockable...
I'd imagine Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, and Mii being starters, but I don't really see any others as starters besides them. Maybe Chrom if he's in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
When you think about it, announcing 3 third parties seems a bit too fast, so I guess they could be revealed next year.
Yeah... probably... let's see... Mega Man was confirmed on June 2013... Sonic was confirmed on October 2013... that's almost 4 months apart. Assuming Pac-Man is confirmed about 4 months from now, it would be probably February 2014... just in time to promote Pac-Man's Wii U game that was just delayed to March 2014. Just a wild guess... :awesome:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Huh, well, so much for my Nintendo Direct theory of Little Mac, Pac-Man and Mii being revealed together to coincide with everything...

Nado

Smash Cadet
I think Pac-Man looks to similar to Pikachu to be in Smash Bros. Would be simply too confusing to distinguish the two with their similar color and names. I think its very similar to the reason why it would be impossible for both Chrom and Ike to be in the same game. We already saw a pikachu clone get cut so no need to add another.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I think Pac-Man looks to similar to Pikachu to be in Smash Bros. Would be simply too confusing to distinguish the two with their similar color and names. I think its very similar to the reason why it would be impossible for both Chrom and Ike to be in the same game. We already saw a pikachu clone get cut so no need to add another.
What?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I loled....

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

Yeah, I agree. My perspective has just changed. You made me think existentially, I like that. You are a friend of mine.

(:troll:)

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Are you on drugs? Because if is the case, please go and talk to your doctor I think you need to check up your body and head.
.n_n.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, let's look at my Character Reveal thread (yay shameless promotions):

October 25th is Wii U Party's NA release.
October 29th is Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventure's release date.
October in general is the anniversary of Punch-Out!!.
Halloween is Japan's release date for Wii U Party.

The all-stars are aligned.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I don't see Pacman being announced alongside the release of Pacman and the Ghostly Adventures since they haven't said really anything about the game in the slightest. I haven't seen any mention of it in any of the directs. I honestly didn't even know it was coming to the Wii U! The game itself hasn't had much promotion either since I've only seen like two trailers for Pacman and the Ghostly Adventures.
Nintendo Directs have shown off Sonic Lost World, Rayman Legends, and even Assassin's Creed more than this Pacman game. And at the state the Wii U is in, I'm sure Nintendo would show off all they can get for it. Pacman seems really unlikely. Rayman looks to have a better chance of getting in Smash 4 honestly.

But hey, I'm welcome to eat my words if Pacman does get in. I just don't see it happening.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I don't see Pacman being announced alongside the release of Pacman and the Ghostly Adventures since they haven't said really anything about the game in the slightest. I haven't seen any mention of it in any of the directs. I honestly didn't even know it was coming to the Wii U! The game itself hasn't had much promotion either since I've only seen like two trailers forPacman and the Ghostly Adventures.
Nintendo Directs have shown off Sonic Lost World, Rayman Legends, and even Assassin's Creed more than this Pacman game. And at the state the Wii U is in, I'm sure Nintendo would show off all they can get for it. Pacman seems really unlikely. Rayman looks to have a better chance of getting in Smash 4 honestly.

But hey, I'm welcome to eat my words if Pacman does get in. I just don't see it happening.
Welcome to the boards. You're always welcome to come here.

Nado

Smash Cadet
Are you on drugs? Because if is the case, please go and talk to your doctor I think you need to check up your body and head.
.n_n.
You see I would but its important for my meth selling business that no one finds out that I'm on drugs. Im sure you understand. My boss is this bald dude and he's really scary and always coerces me into bad situations. I tried going to rehab but he just pulled me back in, all in all, my life is tragic.

Back to the topic...

Pikachu and Pacman are the same height, same color, same first letter in their respective names and both eat things. Literally the only difference is pikachu has a tail and ears and pacman doesn't. Obviously to similar. Its a classic, unnecessary clone situation, Pichu ver. 2.0 one might say. Im not just anti pacman, I'm anti clone and anti pacman.

Picture Proof:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You see I would but its important for my meth selling business that no one finds out that I'm on drugs. Im sure you understand. My boss is this bald dude and he's really scary and always coerces me into bad situations. I tried going to rehab but he just pulled me back in, all in all, my life is tragic.

Back to the topic...

Pikachu and Pacman are the same height, same color, same first letter in their respective names and both eat things. Literally the only difference is pikachu has a tail and ears and pacman doesn't. Obviously to similar. Its a classic, unnecessary clone situation, Pichu ver. 2.0 one might say. Im not just anti pacman, I'm anti clone and anti pacman.

Picture Proof:
So, basically, what you're trying to say is that you're a troll.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
I prefer this design of Pac-Man, even though the older Pac-Man is much more nostalgic:
This is the design they'll most likely use if Pacman is added into the new Smash Bros and i actually like this design of the Packster. However, i think it would be a good idea to use his both this and his classic look as an alternative color scheme.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Source that it got delayed?

It hasen't been delayed.

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures - Nintendo Wii U

This item will be released on October 29, 2013.
Pre-order now.
http://www.amazon.com/Pac-Man-Ghostly-Adventures-Playstation-3/dp/B00CSLIYTI/ref=sr_1_2_title_0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1381913125&sr=1-2&keywords=pac man

Arcadenik just in time to promote Pac-Man's Wii U game that was just delayed to March 2014. Just a wild guess... :awesome:

How about December 5th, 2013? would be a perfect time to announce Pac-Man with his Museum Collection.:)

Pac-Man Museum Release date/December 5th, 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pac-Man_Museum
Namco Bandai Games Announces Pac-Man Museum
June 11, 2013

Namco Bandai Games has revealed that a Pac-Man compilation is in the works. Pac-Man Museum will include classic Pac-Man games in addition to newer arcade releases, and it will be coming to Europe and Australasia this winter via digital download on Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network, Steam and the Nintendo eShop. Read more information on the upcoming Pac-Man collection below:
PAC-MAN MUSEUM will include classic PAC-MAN titles as well as newer arcade releases, allowing gamers to play through the evolution of PAC-MAN from his humble beginnings from 1980 through 2008’s critically acclaimed PAC-MAN Championship Edition* and 2010’s arcade smash-hit like PAC-MAN Battle Royale.​
PAC-MAN Battle Royale turns PAC-MAN’s classic pellet chomping gameplay on its head with multiplayer madness and will be available for consoles and PCs for the very first time. The ghostly mayhem breaks out of the PAC-MAN formula and features an over-the-top experience for up to four players with each player controlling a PAC-MAN character to gobble up pellets, fruits and best of all… each other. Players will chomp their way to victory through fast-paced maze action with the constant threat of both ghosts and opposing PAC-MAN characters around every corner.​

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I've never been suckered into spending $60 for a compilation of mostly 30-year old arcade games before, and Pac-Man seems to be a repeat offender in this line of work, but that compilation actually seems like a pretty good deal. I'm honestly surprised that Pac-Land is included.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Back to the topic...

Picture Proof:
Lol

Nado

Smash Cadet
So, basically, what you're trying to say is that you're a troll.
I dont understand why you don't think I'm serious. You do realize that 100 percent of all characters with the same color as pikachu were cut from smash bros? You also realize that not a single yellow character was added in brawl? Why would samurai do those things if he was to add a character with such a similar yellow color to pikachu. These two facts alone clearly point to the fact that Sakurai is not adding anymore yellow characters.

Top Bottom