• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I felt like Pac-Man was portrayed much more positively than Mega Man was in SFxT. He wasn't really portrayed out of character sans the slasher smile, which seems to now be canon if Ghostly Adventures is anything to go by (well, the Paczilla thing was a little weird). And his appearance wasn't played for laughs. It's not like we got Bad Atari Art Pac-Man. I didn't really mind that he fought using a Mokujin either. He's a little short to properly balance in a fighting game like Street Fighter. That doesn't really explain Toro, though...

Despite that, Pac-Man's more than capable of fighting outside of a mech in the Smash Bros environment.
True. And I might just make that monstrosity my avatar. It's amazing (ly bad) xD

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, I don't mind Mega Man's appearance in Street Fighter X Tekken... he is so sexy as a bara man. :love:

Back to topic, yeah, Pac-Man for Smash! I really think he would be pretty fun to play as... and I love the idea of a Mario vs. Sonic vs. Mega Man vs. Pac-Man match... it sounds so epic!

I also love the idea of a Mario vs. Donkey Kong vs. Luigi vs. Pac-Man match (three of the greatest arcade games of all time). Oh, and I would love to see a Pac-Man vs. Mr. Game & Watch match (they are older than Mario). :awesome:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh, I don't mind Mega Man's appearance in Street Fighter X Tekken... he is so sexy as a bara man. :love:

Back to topic, yeah, Pac-Man for Smash! I really think he would be pretty fun to play as... and I love the idea of a Mario vs. Sonic vs. Mega Man vs. Pac-Man match... it sounds so epic!

I also love the idea of a Mario vs. Donkey Kong vs. Luigi vs. Pac-Man match (three of the greatest arcade games of all time). Oh, and I would love to see a Pac-Man vs. Mr. Game & Watch match (they are older than Mario). :awesome:
That is something that's a serious system seller, imo.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Because of what Sakurai said about fighting game characters....
No... Plenty of people wanted Pac-Man before Sakurai said anything about fighting game characters. Though Pac-Man detractors would like you to think that Pac-Man is expected, not wanted.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Why do the majority of ppl want Pac Man over characters like Jin and King...
I personally am not a Tekken fan (SoulCalibur's more up my alley). Also, I didn't like Heihachi much in PlayStation All-Stars. Plus, Pac-Man's just more recognizable, iconic, and deserving. It's the same reason I'd rather have Mega Man over Ryu, or Sonic over Akira.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I personally am not a Tekken fan (SoulCalibur's more up my alley). Also, I didn't like Heihachi much in PlayStation All-Stars. Plus, Pac-Man's just more recognizable, iconic, and deserving. It's the same reason I'd rather have Mega Man over Ryu, or Sonic over Akira.
But-but-but muh moveset potential!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Honestly, I disagree. Even though most characters could be made a moveset, someone like the Goomba simply doesn't have the same kind of stuff to work with as someone like King K. Rool.
Don't tempt me to make a Goomba moveset now. :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
*pre-order offer box says 10.29.13*

*The game is actually rescheduled to next year*

I guess the retailers must have goofed off. :troll:
Like I said the other day on the SSB4 general thread... the game probably got delayed to March just so Sakurai could have more time to finish adding Pac-Man to SSB4. :troll:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Anyway, i was watching a video that was talking about third parties that could happen. They're showing Pac-Man World 2 gameplay during the video and people in the comments are asking what Pac-Man could do. My brain cells died. Again.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Welp, you can consider me a full supporter of Pacman being a playable character in Smash 4. Just the idea of having Mario, Sonic, Megaman, and Pacman makes me want to burst out of excitement!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
It's just me or someone agree that Pac-man would look WAY better if he didn't had a nose?
I think he would probably look terrifying.

But he already does with his current design, so...yeah.

I really hope they use the Pac-Man Party design over the Pac-Man and The Ghostly Adventures design. It's done much better. Though, I might officially die of excitement if his older design (right before his Pac-Man Party redesign) is used.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I think he would probably look terrifying.

But he already does with his current design, so...yeah.

I really hope they use the Pac-Man Party design over the Pac-Man and The Ghostly Adventures design. It's done much better. Though, I might officially die of excitement if his older design (right before his Pac-Man Party redesign) is used.
I would rather them use his older designs over his newer designs just like they did with megaman.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211

The only difference is detailing the shoes a bit more and adding more to his eyes. They're basically the same design, it reminds me of how they changed Mega Man's appearance a bit.

Top Bottom