• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I'm rather indifferent of Pac-Man. I'm not specifically rooting for him, but I'd be happy if he got in. I loved his games.
His moveset just seems like all of the moves would be similar to other characters for the most part.
I would love to see a traveling stage like Mushroomy Kingdom and Rumble Falls, where you're being chased by the ghosts around the original Pac-Man stage.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I'm rather indifferent of Pac-Man. I'm not specifically rooting for him, but I'd be happy if he got in. I loved his games.
His moveset just seems like all of the moves would be similar to other characters for the most part.
I would love to see a traveling stage like Mushroomy Kingdom and Rumble Falls, where you're being chased by the ghosts around the original Pac-Man stage.
Thats only if you take his world series moves. He has moves from his classic games that he can utilize too. His world moves may seem similar to spin dash and ground pound, but thats a but subjective considering all platformer characters have moves that may look like another's. Mario ground pound and dk ground pound anybody? But his classic games can have influence like using ghosts and pellets.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
YES! THE FORUM'S BACK UP!!

In other news, the Wii U has dropped $50, the 2DS is a thing, and a leak was proved false.

...you have no idea how much Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures I watched while this site was down.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So, Peach is confirmed, I ran out of Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, and Toad supporters are all crying in a corner.

Anything new with Pac-Man?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So, Peach is confirmed, I ran out of Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures, and Toad supporters are all crying in a corner.

Anything new with Pac-Man?
A few new screenshots were shown, a new multiplayer trailer is revealed, and the full game will be out October 29th according to yesterday's Tokyo Game Show news.

http://www.gamershell.com/news_156367.html

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Glad to see that Public Domain munching sound is gone. Thankyou 8-bit sounds. Also, that trailer just proved that Pac-Man has moveset potential.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You know... people always joke about a Tetris block as a playable character... but it's not happening... but Pac-Man could be the closest thing we have to a Tetris block if he incorporates moves based off Pac-Attack.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You know... people always joke about a Tetris block as a playable character... but it's not happening... but Pac-Man could be the closest thing we have to a Tetris block if he incorporates moves based off Pac-Attack.
Sorry, but that sounds a little more than a little more than a little odd.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Blood? This is proof that Pac-Man is not a peaceful character. He is just as violent as Villager and therefore he is fit for Smash! :awesome:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So heres some aerial moves.

Neutral Air: Pac-Man eats the tornado pellet and spins around. This will give a wind bassed attack that will damage anyone near him. (Range is the same as Sonic's neutral air)
Down Air: Pac-Man turns into his ball form and slams himself down onto the ground. (Works like a dive kick) Once he lands he will bounce back up like a super ball and the down air can be done again. (He can also bounce off opponents)
Up Air: Pac-Man does his flip kick from Pac-Man World.
Back Air: Pac-Man spins around and bites anyone behind him.

D

Deleted member

Hey, we're back.

I like those aerials, Peacock. Pac-Man bouncing around makes a lot of sense and I imagine would be really fun to play.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Wouldn't that be great if Pacman is hit off the side of the screen, he appears flying with his momentum from the other side of the screen like in his games how he can navigate from one side to the other by going off screen. It would force one to kill Pacman vertically.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Wouldn't that be great if Pacman is hit off the side of the screen, he appears flying with his momentum from the other side of the screen like in his games how he can navigate from one side to the other by going off screen. It would force one to kill Pacman vertically.
No, thanks. I don't want something that gimmicky, tbh.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No, thanks. I don't want something that gimmicky, tbh.
This... what if the match takes place on a stage with no pits... just walk-off stages... you know, like that Metal Gear stage... the only way to beat Pac-Man is to knock him upward. No... but the idea just gave me an idea... what if Pac-Man has a move that makes him disappear from one side and reappear from the other side... you know, like Meta Knight's Down B move? It would pay homage to the arcade games where Pac-Man disappears in one side of the maze and reappears from the opposite side of the maze.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Back from the roster prediction thread.
ProTip: Don't reply to an overly dramatic reason for why pac-man shouldn't be in smash, or you will be sent 18 alerts and told that you are shoving opinions down peoples throats. Maybe I should just stay in this thread...BTW How do you think the sonic inclusion helps pac-man's chances. I think it may help them since it seems that sakurai is going with the whole "icons duke it out" theme.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This might help pac-man in a way but

Sonic got confirmed today and if pac man does get in this game will make history

One more thing why is pac man getting the mechanics that kirby is has

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Back from the roster prediction thread.
ProTip: Don't reply to an overly dramatic reason for why pac-man shouldn't be in smash, or you will be sent 18 alerts and told that you are shoving opinions down peoples throats. Maybe I should just stay in this thread...BTW How do you think the sonic inclusion helps pac-man's chances. I think it may help them since it seems that sakurai is going with the whole "icons duke it out" theme.
I think it helps him a little, but that he's not really in need of the help right now anyways.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I seriously love the background of the Battlefield stage.

Anyway, i was thinking of ways Pac-Man could be more fun in a gameplay standpoint.

1. Give him some moves from Tekken. Because why the hell not? (Not really needed. At all.)

2. Give him the combo prowess similar to characters from the Tales series. So he'd be great for "HARD CORE" player matches.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I seriously love the background of the Battlefield stage.

Anyway, i was thinking of ways Pac-Man could be more fun in a gameplay standpoint.

1. Give him some moves from Tekken. Because why the hell not? (Not really needed)

2. Give him the combo prowess similar to characters from the Tales series. So he'd be great for "HARD CORE" player matches.
...Um...why?

That's not what he's known for doing. Give him the moves from his own series. He has more than enough potential with just that, and it's more recognizable as stuff that Pac-Man does..

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
...Um...why?

That's not what he's known for doing. Give him the moves from his own series. He has more than enough potential with just that, and it's more recognizable as stuff that Pac-Man does..
Again. I said not really needed. It was more of a joke idea anyway.

I'm more for the combo potential though. That would be really fun.

Top Bottom