• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Guys, I've been thinking...we need to get more active in our Pac-Man support. Let's get louder, shall we?

WAY ahead of you.

ALL RISE FOR THE NATIONAL PAC-THEME!

Two things:

A. Inky sounds like Neil Patrick Harris.
B. Inky turned into the Devil's face from Devil World :) I'm happy.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
B-but...the loud support groups are the annoying ones!
Exactly! We shall make the people of this world forum feel ashamed to say anything against Pac-Man. We must prevail.

Anywho, I just started watching Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures and came across this little guy:

He is my newest obsession. He is so ridiculously adorable...I just...I can't even.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Ah yes, Ghostly Adventures. I've actually been lazily following the series. Now that it's aged just a bit more, does anyone have any thoughts to share on the show? I haven't seen every episode, but so far I still feel obligated to watch the show's development, despite rarely finding any entertaining qualities in the program.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ah yes, Ghostly Adventures. I've actually been lazily following the series. Now that it's aged just a bit more, does anyone have any thoughts to share on the show? I haven't seen every episode, but so far I still feel obligated to watch the show's development, despite rarely finding any entertaining qualities in the program.
The first episode is garbage, but it gets a bit better from what I've seen so far...which, albeit, is not very far.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
The thing about Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is that it might be a good show (I don't know because what I have seen of the first episode, I didn't like and had to stop watching) but it completely changes Pac-Man's lore. It's way too big a reboot in my opinion. It doesn't help that the character designs are cringe-worthy. That said, I guess I'm okay with it because it gives him relevance.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
The thing about Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is that it might be a good show (I don't know because what I have seen of the first episode, I didn't like and had to stop watching) but it completely changes Pac-Man's lore. It's way too big a reboot in my opinion. It doesn't help that the character designs are cringe-worthy. That said, I guess I'm okay with it because it gives him relevance.
I understand the concept perfectly. The game that I grew up with was Pac-Man World 2, so this isn't the Pac-Man that I used to know...but he's still Pac-Man, my absolute favorite character, so I don't care all that much in the end. I'll end up watching every episode of the series and buying the game for 3DS (at least. maybe the Wii U version too at some point) and I'll enjoy it, I'd just prefer having Pac-Village be a quaint little town with domed roofs, Professor Pac to be my tutorial guy, and that Pac-Man had black eyes instead of blue. In the end, though, it's still Pac-Man to me...just a different kind.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pac-Man cartoon should have been a bit more like Adventure Time with other Namco arcade characters serving as recurring minor supporting characters. It would be hilarious to see Pac-Man in wacky adventures with characters from Tales, Tekken, Soulcalibur, Dig Dug, etc.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Looks like the version of Pac-Man we'd be likely to get is the not as creepy cartoon one. (The one from Pac-Man Tilt and Pac-Man Party)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Did you see that? I think it was around 0:40... Pac-Man can turn himself into a limbless sphere! So, we can have Pac-Man with AND without limbs in Smash!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I've pointed that out many times actually. :laugh:

Pac-Man needs the super ball attribute in his moveset. (Since his body works like a super ball)

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Just a random thought because his chomp is more iconic,but if the super ball was his Nspecial,it would mean that Kirby swallowing him would reference the ball Kirby power-up.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Just a random thought because his chomp is more iconic,but if the super ball was his Nspecial,it would mean that Kirby swallowing him would reference the ball Kirby power-up.
I was thinking that the bite could be his grab and his AAA combo. (Similar to how Mega Man's most iconic weapon is his AAA combo)

Super ball physics would probably be used with some of his aerials and his butt bounce.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pac-Man's down special (butt bounce from Pac-Man World 2) should have Pac-Man bouncing around like a ball and you can bounce three times (for balance purposes) and each bounce makes Pac-Man go higher and land harder.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Looks like the version of Pac-Man we'd be likely to get is the not as creepy cartoon one. (The one from Pac-Man Tilt and Pac-Man Party)

Is this a new game?

Also, not only is it "not as creepy" as the Ghostly Adventures version, I actually like this design a little better than the classic design. The expressive blue eyes are more welcoming than straight, flat, pupiless black eyes.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Is this a new game?

Also, not only is it "not as creepy" as the Ghostly Adventures version, I actually like this design a little better than the classic design. The expressive blue eyes are more welcoming than straight, flat, pupiless black eyes.
It's just a trailer for Everbody's Golf/Hotshots Golf DLC. But it does show that design wise we will have a better chance at getting this design then the cartoon. (This trailer was released today)
I don't know why they had to give him such a long nose.
You should have seen his original art work. His nose is massive when it comes to length.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I actually wouldn't doubt this happening in some form. A ton of characters' attacks (usually specials) are based on Kirby abilities. Mach Tornado is Tornado, Flamethrower and Flame Breath are Fire, Snake's Grenades function like Bomb, Blaster is the Spark projectile, etc.

As for the design, that trailer makes me a bit relieved. I actually like the "modern" design. I just don't like the way he's modeled in Ghostly Adventures. Those teeth...those fingers...bleh. But dang, now he's in Hot Shots Golf? Pac-Man's everywhere these days. I've been kind of doubtful lately, but now I wouldn't be as surprised if he actually did show up in Smash.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I actually wouldn't doubt this happening in some form. A ton of characters' attacks (usually specials) are based on Kirby abilities. Mach Tornado is Tornado, Flamethrower and Flame Breath are Fire, Snake's Grenades function like Bomb, Blaster is the Spark projectile, etc.

As for the design, that trailer makes me a bit relieved. I actually like the "modern" design. I just don't like the way he's modeled in Ghostly Adventures. Those teeth...those fingers...bleh. But dang, now he's in Hot Shots Golf? Pac-Man's everywhere these days. I've been kind of doubtful lately, but now I wouldn't be as surprised if he actually did show up in Smash.

I actually think that maybe if they were to have him like they do in here, he COULD rely on some moves turning him into his ball form. For instance, maybe one move could have him retract his arms and chomp forwards like in the games.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ice Climbers' Squall Hammer? Hammer Kirby when running

Yoshi's Egg Roll? Wheel Kirby

Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick when done in the air? Fire Kirby + Coo

Pikachu's Thunder? Spark Kirby + Coo

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Finnally, we are out of the 29th page. I just thought of something, sakurai said he added wii fit trainer and villager to smash because they add something new to smash right? Well i don't see how a character with exercise moves and a kid with random objects like mr.g&w is actually adding anything to smash that's new (or exciting for that matter) this has led me to believe that a character only needs one gimmick to add something to smash. The question is, what will pac-man's gimmick or special ability be that really makes him shine. So far the straight line based moveset seems cool, but what else? Any suggestions? Come on lets get this thread pumping!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Even Mega Man is pretty unique in that he doesn't really punch or kick... from what I've seen so far, Mega Man seems to have only two moves that involves punching (the uppercut and the Hard Knuckle) and only one kicking move (the slide). He's all about shooting, you know? Just like in the Mega Man games.

So... what's Pac-Man's main shtick? Eating dots, running away from ghosts, and chasing after ghosts. I was thinking that Pac-Man could fight by doing all of these.

Also, I think Pac-Man should utilize his spherical body... become a bouncing ball... like in Pac-Man World 2... oh, how I loved the B-Doing Woods level... and a rolling ball... you know, like Pac 'n Roll... and of course, Rev Roll from Pac-Man World 2. This makes sense since Pac-Man can become a limbless sphere and grow his limbs back at will.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Question for you guys, would you Iike or disIike Pac-Man's recoIors being based off of the other Pac-PeopIe in the series? i.e. Ms. Pac-Man , Jr. Pac-Man (do want), Baby Pac-Man, Professor Pac-Man, OthergenerictitIehere Pac-Man.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Question for you guys, would you Iike or disIike Pac-Man's recoIors being based off of the other Pac-PeopIe in the series? i.e. Ms. Pac-Man , Jr. Pac-Man (do want), Baby Pac-Man, Professor Pac-Man, OthergenerictitIehere Pac-Man.
I'd rather them be based on the colors of the ghosts. Red, blue, pink, orange, and green or violet (for either Funky or post-Ms. Pac-Man Sue).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Default / Yellow - Pac-Man
Red Team - Pac-Devil from Pac-Man World Rally
Blue Team - Jr. Pac-Man
Green Team - Miru from Pac & Pal
Pink - Ms. Pac-Man
Black - Professor Pac-Man

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Default / Yellow - Pac-Man
Red Team - Pac-Devil from Pac-Man World Rally
Blue Team - Jr. Pac-Man
Green Team - Miru from Pac & Pal
Pink - Ms. Pac-Man
Black - Professor Pac-Man
I approve of this. Though, personally, I think red would be better suited to something else, since a minor character from a fairly unpopular racing game is a bit silly to have a recolor of. That's just me, though.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm thinking about trying out some games starring Pac-Man to get an idea for a moveset. Could somebody please direct me to the games I should play in order to make a good Pac-Man moveset? (BESIDES the arcade one and Ms. Pac-Man, I play those ALL the time at my local arcade.)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm thinking about trying out some games starring Pac-Man to get an idea for a moveset. Could somebody please direct me to the games I should play in order to make a good Pac-Man moveset? (BESIDES the arcade one and Ms. Pac-Man, I play those ALL the time at my local arcade.)
PAC-MAN WORLD 2(the most unappreciated game of aII time)
Pac-Man World
Pac-Man WorId 3
Pac-n-RoII?
Pac-Man and Galaga Dimensions?
Also watch what's up of Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (since it's based off the unreleased game and vice-versa)

You shouId also pIay Pac-Man Adventures in Time, Pac-Man AII-Stars, and Pac-Man WorId RaIIy at some point because they're aII awesome games from the goIden age in 3D Pac-Man games (not much in the way of moveset potential, though, I'd say).

:3

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
PAC-MAN WORLD 2(the most unappreciated game of aII time)
Pac-Man World
Pac-Man WorId 3
Pac-n-RoII?
Pac-Man and Galaga Dimensions?
Also watch what's up of Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (since it's based off the unreleased game and vice-versa)

You shouId also pIay Pac-Man Adventures in Time, Pac-Man AII-Stars, and Pac-Man WorId RaIIy at some point because they're aII awesome games from the goIden age in 3D Pac-Man games (not much in the way of moveset potential, though, I'd say).

:3

M'kay, I've seen quite a bit of Ghostly Adventures, and I know where to get Pac-Man World 3. Pac n' Roll, Pac-Man World and Pac-Man World 2 shouldn't be THAT hard to find, right?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
M'kay, I've seen quite a bit of Ghostly Adventures, and I know where to get Pac-Man World 3. Pac n' Roll, Pac-Man World and Pac-Man World 2 shouldn't be THAT hard to find, right?
Well, Pac-n-Roll is most certainly not a priority unless you want your moveset to include stuff from a game that he's only a ball, but it's only fifteen dollars on Amazon for DS; Pac-Man World 2 is really surprisingly cheap for gamecube on ebay, especially considering how great a game it is, and it's also for computer (which I have it for); and Pac-Man World is only difficult to get if you don't have an original Playstation...which I don't, unfortunately.

Also, Pac-Man Adventures in Time has a lot more moveset potential than I gave it credit for; I just popped it in again (because you made me nostalgic) and it includes lots of stuff that I could see being used (he throws pellets in one mini-game, rides a carpet in a cutscene, launches himself from a palm tree at the bottom of the stage to the top of it, gets teleported multiple times, and even does little dances at the end of some levels that could be used for taunts). I'd recommend you (and anyone else) get that, too (it's also an awesome 3D Pac-Man maze game, and you'd probably enjoy it if you enjoy the original and Ms. Pac-Man).

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, Pac-n-Roll is most certainly not a priority unless you want your moveset to include stuff from a game that he's only a ball, but it's only fifteen dollars on Amazon for DS; Pac-Man World 2 is really surprisingly cheap for gamecube on ebay, especially considering how great a game it is, and it's also for computer (which I have it for); and Pac-Man World is only difficult to get if you don't have an original Playstation...which I don't, unfortunately.

Also, Pac-Man Adventures in Time has a lot more moveset potential than I gave it credit for; I just popped it in again (because you made me nostalgic) and it includes lots of stuff that I could see being used (he throws pellets in one mini-game, rides a carpet in a cutscene, launches himself from a palm tree at the bottom of the stage to the top of it, gets teleported multiple times, and even does little dances at the end of some levels that could be used for taunts). I'd recommend you (and anyone else) get that, too (it's also an awesome 3D Pac-Man maze game, and you'd probably enjoy it if you enjoy the original and Ms. Pac-Man).

OK, just a quick question: are the handheld versions of Pac-Man World games OK? Because I've only seen the GameCube version of World 3 at a Half-Price Books in Milwaukee, WI. Otherwise, they're DS versions scattered across at every store/discount bin I can find (I think there was one at Old Navy the clothes store) but otherwise I can always depend on the same way I play Mother 3 and EarthBound Zero :troll:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
OK, just a quick question: are the handheld versions of Pac-Man World games OK? Because I've only seen the GameCube version of World 3 at a Half-Price Books in Milwaukee, WI. Otherwise, they're DS versions scattered across at every store/discount bin I can find (I think there was one at Old Navy the clothes store) but otherwise I can always depend on the same way I play Mother 3 and EarthBound Zero :troll:
The handheld versions aren't as good, from what I understand...but I would highly recommend you pick up the Gamecube version of World 2 if you have a Wii or Gamecube. I don't know if there are good roms out there of them, btw. Also, I didn't know that World 3 had a Gamecube version...are you positive that it wasn't World 2?

Top Bottom