• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

D

Deleted member

I never believed in the rumour, but all the characters suggested who aren't yet announced seem to be likely candidates. The ones that were confirmed are the surprising ones.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
What does everyone want for Pac-Man's vocals? Any voice actor you're hoping for, or would you rather he be mute? I think I'd just prefer if he used retro sound effects for his "voice", like in SFXT.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I fully support the idea of Pac-Man. Truly a perfect character for retro throwback with a new twist.

Somewhere in this topic is a fantastic moveset, and I'm sad to say I've lost it. It was pretty similar to the one on the OP, but more detailed. But that moveset really made me see how cleverly this retro character could fit into Smash Bros. It even seemed to balance his retro side with his newer side. It really almost seemed like something Sakurai would do.

In any case, on the issue of sounds: I would have to say that retro sounds mixed with sounds from his newer games (I haven't played any of the 3D ones) seems to make the most sense and would likely work the best too.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I fully support Pacman and I think he has a very good chance as well considering his series long history Nintendo and you know being an icon of the gaming industry.
I'm probably one of the only people who actually liked the Pac-man World 3 voice... even if it were to be used it would probably just resort to being part of taunts (a la Sonic) anyways so I don't think it would be that bad.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Even though sakurai is giving namco no special treatment he might add PAC-man due to popularity and request amount I mean PAC man is the next sonic ( most requested character)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Even though sakurai is giving namco no special treatment he might add PAC-man due to popularity and request amount I mean PAC man is the next sonic ( most requested character)
He's really not. There are tons of characters more heavily requested than Pac-Man, and many with far less vocal outcry against their inclusion. He's definitely the next after Sonic if we're talking about how recognizable he is, though. In fact, Pac-Man is more recognizable than Sonic. If characters were included based on how iconic they are, we'd be having the same discussion, but in reverse. We'd be saying that "Sonic is the next Pac-Man."

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Pacman Specials

Side B Mega Pellet: Throws a bold-bigger-than-normal dot. It has ricochet properties. Can be angled. Bounces up to three times (hitting a wall or floor or platform counts as one hit; hitting an enemy counts as two hits). On the third bounce the dot begins to run out of momentum then stops. It flashes. If Pacman touches it, he turns blue and gains a limited speed and attack boost. An opponent can destroy the stationary Mega Pellet with a hit.

B Dot Chain: Creates a line of (ten) dots where the lead dot is controlled. Could move up, down, left, or right as long as the lead dot doesn't collide with the dots behind it. Pacman follows while chomping away. Mouth does damage.

Down B Berry: Pacman flips backwards (in air) or skids backwards (on ground) leaving a berry where he was a moment ago. Berry cannot be destroyed, but flickers out of existence after thirty-five seconds. A press of Down B again will have Pacman charge toward the berry (as the crow flies) with mouth open, chomping for good KO potential if he reaches the berry and for slightly less KO potential if he hits an enemy. Goes maximum length of Fox Illusion.

Up B Pinball Launcher(aerial): Pacman tucks in and begins spinning in place like a yellow sphere and a pinball launcher appears behind and under him at an angle. Chargeable for a couple seconds as an option. Launches in an arch. Beware of the charge. Can launch Pacman, but he can bounce. With each bounce, Pacman's momentum is slowed and more control is allowed.

Up B Pinball Launcher(ground): Like Sonic's spring but chargeable and not nearly as quick. And does not go as high as Sonic's launch without the charge. Can follow up with aerials and B moves (But not Up B).

* Up B, B, and Down B (if a berry is already laid out as a target) count as a recovery move in the air.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Pacman Specials

Side B Mega Pellet: Throws a bold-bigger-than-normal dot. It has ricochet properties. Can be angled. Bounces up to three times (hitting a wall or floor or platform counts as one hit; hitting an enemy counts as two hits). On the third bounce the dot begins to run out of momentum then stops. It flashes. If Pacman touches it, he turns blue and gains a limited speed and attack boost. An opponent can destroy the stationary Mega Pellet with a hit.

B Dot Chain: Creates a line of (ten) dots where the lead dot is controlled. Could move up, down, left, or right as long as the lead dot doesn't collide with the dots behind it. Pacman follows while chomping away. Mouth does damage.

Down B Berry: Pacman flips backwards (in air) or skids backwards (on ground) leaving a berry where he was a moment ago. Berry cannot be destroyed, but flickers out of existence after thirty-five seconds. A press of Down B again will have Pacman charge toward the berry (as the crow flies) with mouth open, chomping for good KO potential if he reaches the berry and for slightly less KO potential if he hits an enemy. Goes maximum length of Fox Illusion.

Up B Pinball Launcher(aerial): Pacman tucks in and begins spinning in place like a yellow sphere and a pinball launcher appears behind and under him at an angle. Chargeable for a couple seconds as an option. Launches in an arch. Beware of the charge. Can launch Pacman, but he can bounce. With each bounce, Pacman's momentum is slowed and more control is allowed.

Up B Pinball Launcher(ground): Like Sonic's spring but chargeable and not nearly as quick. And does not go as high as Sonic's launch without the charge. Can follow up with aerials and B moves (But not Up B).

* Up B, B, and Down B (if a berry is already laid out as a target) count as a recovery move in the air.

Fun moveset. I like it more than a lot of the specials I've seen for the Pac.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
This might be over-complicating things, but I wonder if Pacman's run could have an interesting property.

Pacman can have an above average running speed, however a ghost (color can be random) appears behind him. The ghost has a hit-box and absorbs projectiles. On a press of A, Pacman would do a side-step with arms spinning and the ghost would continue to go forward.

The downside, is that if Pacman tries to run in one direction and then turns to go the opposite direction, he would hit the ghost and take a hit.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
This might be over-complicating things, but I wonder if Pacman's run could have an interesting property.

Pacman can have an above average running speed, however a ghost (color can be random) appears behind him. The ghost has a hit-box and absorbs projectiles. On a press of A, Pacman would do a side-step with arms spinning and the ghost would continue to go forward.

The downside, is that if Pacman tries to run in one direction and then turns to go the opposite direction, he would hit the ghost and take a hit.

Oh gosh, I think I'd want it to go one step further... Each Pac-man in play always ghosts chasing him that can hurt everybody upon touch. At the start of each stock, he'd have three ghosts that spawn at the edge of the screen and start chasing him down, but enemies can hit kill them with 25% of damage.

A free-for-all match with four Pac-men and sixteen ghosts running around the screen? Hilarious.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would like Pac-Man to quickly turn himself into a limbless sphere and bite opponents up to four times for his Running + A move.... and based on the scoring system of the original arcade game, the attack gets stronger with each bite...

1st bite - 2%
2nd bite - 4%
3rd bite - 8%
4th bite - 16%

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I fully support Pacman and I think he has a very good chance as well considering his series long history Nintendo and you know being an icon of the gaming industry.
I'm probably one of the only people who actually liked the Pac-man World 3 voice... even if it were to be used it would probably just resort to being part of taunts (a la Sonic) anyways so I don't think it would be that bad.
I like his voice in pacman world 3 too but i just don't think it would be as recognizable to people as his waka waka noises.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939

This is the kind of suggestion I've been waiting for. I really like this. May be hard to balance, but it's creative and fitting.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ

overpowered but hindering when it comes to fast turns. I wonder how that would work if pressing A while running executes a dash attack

D

Deleted member

I was thinking instead of being automatic, maybe Pac-Man eats a pellet, and then the ghost chases him, just to give a better reasoning for the ghost to appear. The pellet could heal Pac-Man, or he could cancel the move to fake out opponents, because this type of move would be highly-telegraphed.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I was thinking instead of being automatic, maybe Pac-Man eats a pellet, and then the ghost chases him, just to give a better reasoning for the ghost to appear. The pellet could heal Pac-Man, or he could cancel the move to fake out opponents, because this type of move would be highly-telegraphed.
I like this, explains the strategy of the move and the reason for a ghost to appear. Except the ghost should be in front of pacman and be blue. This can be a forward Air or dash attack with the ghost and pacman being hitboxes and the move does multiple hits and high knockback at the end. I should add that to my moveset

ErictheLone

Smash Apprentice
Oh gosh, I think I'd want it to go one step further... Each Pac-man in play always ghosts chasing him that can hurt everybody upon touch. At the start of each stock, he'd have three ghosts that spawn at the edge of the screen and start chasing him down, but enemies can hit kill them with 25% of damage.

A free-for-all match with four Pac-men and sixteen ghosts running around the screen? Hilarious.
That...is an amazing idea.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
...why the wii fit trainer?

Stupid double post. I'm going to try to make others for other characters too. Oh, and 8-peacock-8, I just meant that my Mario pic wasn't working and didn't save the features I added to it.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but at 9:10 the question of whether or not Pac would be included in Smash was posed.

"You never know, you never know... uhhhhh... it's possible.... uhhh... it would be pretty cool, you never know.... uhhhh.... Namco has a lot of tricks up their sleeve.... uhhh.... you never know.... I don't know... uhhh.... we'll see."

Pac-Man is in Smash Bros. 4

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not, but at 9:10 the question of whether or not Pac would be included in Smash was posed.

"You never know, you never know... uhhhhh... it's possible.... uhhh... it would be pretty cool, you never know.... uhhhh.... Namco has a lot of tricks up their sleeve.... uhhh.... you never know.... I don't know... uhhh.... we'll see."

Why do those nasty interviewers always pressure the innocent people into revealing their secrets? :troll:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

This is the most solid proof of Pac-Man yet.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I want Pac-Man in Smash for two reasons.

1) because I actually want Pac-Man
2) to LOL at the Pac-Man naysayers

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

You son of a bit...*gets eaten by Pac Man*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wawawawa wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka 400 wakka wakka 800 wakka wakka wakka 1200 wakka wakka wakka wakka 1600 bew bew bew bew bew bew bew bew bew.

Top Bottom