• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Long before I got the NES with Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet... I had Pac-Man. It was a tabletop and it was shaped like an arcade machine. I used to play that game all the time, especially at night... in my bed, with the lights turned off... and I was no longer afraid of the imaginary monsters in the closet and under the bed... because Pac-Man was eating the Ghosts all night till I fell asleep. I am a lifelong fan of Pac-Man. :)
THIS is what I'm talking about man. Pacman is much more than the most iconic video game character in history. He's more than that to many people. Video games change peoples lives, and he was the star of the very first commonly played video game. Especially those of the older generations. When I get the money I'm getting a tattoo on my left bicep, of Pac-man eating a trail of dots all the way around. May get a ghost in there somewhere, haven't decided yet. He deserves it. lol

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
While I do think convincing oneself that Pac-Man is guaranteed is pretty delusional, let's discuss more about what we'd want to see if he's included, rather whether or not he will be. What music do you guys want to see? Personally, my top picks would be:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If a Pac-Man Maze stage is included, one music option should just be the background noise from the game, like 75m or Distant Planet.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How about some music from Pac-Man World 2? Maybe something from the B-Doing Woods?

Oh... how about incorporating something from Pac-Attack for Pac-Man's moveset? Maybe Pac-Man could make a Tetris-like block appear and drop down with the block?

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I'm probably one of the few who prefers the soundtrack of World 1, but World 2 has plenty of good music to lend too. My guess is that they'd try to represent as many games as possible through the music, like they did with Snake and Sonic, so we'd probably see music from all 3 World games.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
"Namco characters will get no special treatment."

BEING A NON NINTENDO CHARACTER AND GETTING INTO AN ALL NINTENDO FIGHTING GAME IS SPECIAL TREATMENT IF I EVER SAW IT!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Namco characters will get no special treatment."

BEING A NON NINTENDO CHARACTER AND GETTING INTO AN ALL NINTENDO FIGHTING GAME IS SPECIAL TREATMENT IF I EVER SAW IT!
Using that quote a bit out of context.

Come to think of it. why are you against Pac-Man so much?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How on earth is that out of context?
Context might be the wrong word.

You're assuming that what got Sonic and Megaman in, was something Pac-Man cannot replicate. Both Sonic and Megaman got in because of populartiy and iconicness. They didn't get special treatment. They had to earn their way through their own accomplishments. In theory, it's possible Pac-Man could do the same.

Snake got the special treatment.

And you didn't answer why you hate Pac-Man, I don't like him but, wow, you go out of your way to crush his fans dreams.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Context might be the wrong word.

You're assuming that what got Sonic and Megaman in, was something Pac-Man cannot replicate. Both Sonic and Megaman got in because of populartiy and iconicness. They didn't get special treatment. They had to earn their way through their own accomplishments. In theory, it's possible Pac-Man could do the same.

Snake got the special treatment.

And you didn't answer why you hate Pac-Man, I don't like him but, wow, you go out of your way to crush his fans dreams.
I really don't see why people like him so much or want him in SSB. It'd be dumb to me. And like I said Special Treatment is something you earn. So that's why they got special treatment.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I really don't see why people like him so much or want him in SSB. It'd be dumb to me. And like I said Special Treatment is something you earn. So that's why they got special treatment.
Snake earned it?

He got in because Sakurai is friends with Kojima! Hardly earning it.

I think Genesect and Sherriff are dumb ideas, but I don't go into their support thread to demoralize their supporters.

It's just rude.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Snake earned it?

I think Genesect and Sherriff are dumb ideas, but I don't go into their support thread to demoralize their supporters.

It's just rude.
So being a popular franchise with affiliation with Nintendo had nothing to do with it? Sonic was requested by Sega too ya know.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So being a popular franchise with affiliation with Nintendo had nothing to do with it? Sonic was requested by Sega too ya know.
Nope.

Sakurai had to ask Sega, not the other way around. And apparently, they were a pain to work with.

Where did you get that idea?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Snake earned it?

It's just rude.
Snake got in because Kojima's son wanted him in Melee... it is like if you wanted a character and your father is friends with Sakurai, wouldn't you try to exploit their friendship to get your most-wanted character in Smash?

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Guys, I ASKED noah to come here because I know we can win the debate. Let it be. It's healthy discussion, if he can think of a good counter argument let him?

His point was also that Snake did absolutely nothing to earn a spot in smash bros. Also, Snake had very little affiliation with Nintendo in the first place. I've already stated elsewhere that if in the crazy occurance that Konami ever EARNED a character in smash it would have been Bomberman, but that'd never happen in the first place and now even if it did we're already covered with Snake.

And people probably want Pac-man because he's the most iconic and well known video game character in the world, not to mention the grandfather of modern icons. I really do get tired of saying that. Come to think of it, Pac-man has earned his spot in smash more than any third party other than Sonic, I'd say.

D

Deleted member

I actually do not get tired of saying that! Pac-Man is video games.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I am a supporter.

As am I. I support Pac-Man to be a rep in the next Smash due to his iconic stature. And to me, I'd love it if he got in. A guy can support both Pac-Man and Lloyd Irving without getting killed on Smashboards... right?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
As am I. I support Pac-Man to be a rep in the next Smash due to his iconic stature. And to me, I'd love it if he got in. A guy can support both Pac-Man and Lloyd Irving without getting killed on Smashboards... right?
...not really, from what I've seen.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pac-Man eats ghosts... ghosts are souls... Pac-Man eats souls... Pac-Man will eat Lloyd's soul. :troll:

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
You know, of all the reasons to believe that Pac could be in the game, I think the one that I cling to the most is the Villager/Mega Man/WFT/Little Mac/Pac-Man/Mii leak. A legitimate leak if I ever saw one. Nobody will ever convince me that Sal's source was just lucky on that one. I mean... Wii Fit Trainer.... WII FIT TRAINER.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Pac Man Park Theme from Pac Mania. They even remixed it in the TV show fro Christ's sake. DX

Gam3rALO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gam3rALO
You know, of all the reasons to believe that Pac could be in the game, I think the one that I cling to the most is the Villager/Mega Man/WFT/Little Mac/Pac-Man/Mii leak. A legitimate leak if I ever saw one. Nobody will ever convince me that Sal's source was just lucky on that one. I mean... Wii Fit Trainer.... WII FIT TRAINER.
I agree.
One can not simply... Predict the Wii Fit Trainer

Top Bottom