• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I just read the debate thread. I must say, I'm impressed with both sides, I appreciated that the anyi pac team had valid points and didn't just bash him like most pac-haters, and the pro-pac team did a great job in supporting hima and bring up valid explanations for why he should be in the game. I just think the pro pac side could of done better if some more people from this thread joined in. I for one would of loved to argue for pacman.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I just read the debate thread. I must say, I'm impressed with both sides, I appreciated that the anyi pac team had valid points and didn't just bash him like most pac-haters, and the pro-pac team did a great job in supporting hima and bring up valid explanations for why he should be in the game. I just think the pro pac side could of done better if some more people from this thread joined in. I for one would of loved to argue for pacman.

Yeah, we didn't communicate well, but I had fun doing it at least...

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
After realizing that the Ghostly Adventures game will seemingly not be released in Japan, I have much less confidence in Pac-Man's stage being based on that game, should he make the cut. Smash Bros. has usually focused on what is familiar to the Japanese market, so I doubt they'd try to advertise a game that won't even be released there.

A maze stage is a much better (and now, more likely) choice, in my opinion. Everyone would recognize it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
After realizing that the Ghostly Adventures game will seemingly not be released in Japan, I have much less confidence in Pac-Man's stage being based on that game, should he make the cut. Smash Bros. has usually focused on what is familiar to the Japanese market, so I doubt they'd try to advertise a game that won't even be released there.

A maze stage is a much better (and now, more likely) choice, in my opinion. Everyone would recognize it.
It's not being released in Japan? Ouch. Guess that makes that horrible design less likely, though, so everyone wins.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Oh thats a sucker punch for pac man

But on the other hand sakurai did confirm luigi for the us release of dream team

And third the wii u party is release the 25th the pac man game on the wii u on the 29th and if the punch out anniversary is in the middle of those days that fits the bill for the rumor of little mac pac man and mii getting announced rumor

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wouldn't hold my breath for Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man to be confirmed at the same time this week or next week... it would be nice, though...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
One of my friends who plays Smash dislikes almost every option of a playable character, including Pac-Man, Ridley (he's a "too big" guy), K. Rool, MEWTWO, Palutena, Chrom, Toad, Geno, Waluigi, Porky, Little Mac, almost EVERYBODY. I convinced him with my "mad debate skills" that they all were viable characters for Smash 4 (oh my god if you reply telling me one of these characters is a horrible choice and I'm a doo-doo head for liking him/her, I'll Mega-Evolve on your butt) and he wanted to see Master Chief and Bad Box Art Mega Man get in. I'm not even kidding. After showing him the CLASSIC Mega Man and Villager in Smash 4, he raged about "casuals overtaking Smash" (I'm the Nintendog OP and large supporter of Dr. Kawashima and the Miis, so his argument was IMMEDIATELY invalid by my standards) and "ignoring the better Capcom games like Street Fighter and Mega Man Battle Network" (I agree on them both as good franchises, but not nearly as cool as the original Mega Man or the X series) and I promptly showed him Wii Fit Trainer.

He's singing a different tune now, and he actually likes the idea of Pac-Man and is spreading it to his friends. I'm a miracle worker, I tell ya.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
One of my friends who plays Smash dislikes almost every option of a playable character, including Pac-Man, Ridley (he's a "too big" guy), K. Rool, MEWTWO, Palutena, Chrom, Toad, Geno, Waluigi, Porky, Little Mac, almost EVERYBODY. I convinced him with my "mad debate skills" that they all were viable characters for Smash 4 (oh my god if you reply telling me one of these characters is a horrible choice and I'm a doo-doo head for liking him/her, I'll Mega-Evolve on your butt) and he wanted to see Master Chief and Bad Box Art Mega Man get in. I'm not even kidding. After showing him the CLASSIC Mega Man and Villager in Smash 4, he raged about "casuals overtaking Smash" (I'm the Nintendog OP and large supporter of Dr. Kawashima and the Miis, so his argument was IMMEDIATELY invalid by my standards) and "ignoring the better Capcom games like Street Fighter and Mega Man Battle Network" (I agree on them both as good franchises, but not nearly as cool as the original Mega Man or the X series) and I promptly showed him Wii Fit Trainer.

He's singing a different tune now, and he actually likes the idea of Pac-Man and is spreading it to his friends. I'm a miracle worker, I tell ya.
Porky and Geno have approximately zero chance. :troll:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Porky and Geno have approximately zero chance. :troll:

Once I get good enough wi-fi, I'm going to MEGA-EVOLVE!

Yeah, I know they have "zero chance." I used them as he doesn't even want some more less popular characters. Turns out Smash Bros. Brawl and Twilight Princess were the only Nintendo games he's ever played. I still like them, though, no matter how unlikely. Maybe it's just because that the nostalgia factor for Super Mario RPG and Mother 3 blinds me some times.

Still a better choice than Bad Box Art Mega Man or Master Chief, though.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Alright alright.

After watching this video interview:
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=214724

And this video posted here:

I am officially now convinced that Pacman NEEDS to be in this game. He deserves it too.

At some point of one's life, everybody must have enjoyed Pacman ini some shape or form!
My time was when I got Ms.Pac Man for the SEGA Genesis. God how I LOVED that game.

And the round yellow mascot seems to have held up quite nicely over the years too.
I saw so many fun games in the second video (I wonder what that video at around the 2:00 mark was, the one where he's launched diagonally forward in a 2D platformer)

So yeah, Megaman, Sonic, and Pacman, and the circle of friends will be complete. :)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Alright alright.

After watching this video interview:
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=214724

And this video posted here:

I am officially now convinced that Pacman NEEDS to be in this game. He deserves it too.

At some point of one's life, everybody must have enjoyed Pacman ini some shape or form!
My time was when I got Ms.Pac Man for the SEGA Genesis. God how I LOVED that game.

And the round yellow mascot seems to have held up quite nicely over the years too.
I saw so many fun games in the second video (I wonder what that video at around the 2:00 mark was, the one where he's launched diagonally forward in a 2D platformer)

So yeah, Megaman, Sonic, and Pacman, and the circle of friends will be complete. :)

That video's Pac-Man voice gave me bad memories of a certain purple dinosaur...

(Not Ridley).

But this guy's absolutely right. I remember playing Pac-Man, Donkey Kong Junior and Dig Dug at my local arcade before a year later they removed them and replaced them with FPS games. It sucked.

D

Deleted member

Pac-Man is absolutely the best candidate for representation alone. He is not only the most well-known icon in games besides Mario but has such a wide library of games, the potential for extras such as items or stages or assist trophies is huge.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Playable Character: Pac-Man
Stage: Pac-Man arcade maze as a scrolling stage much like Rainbow Cruise
Stage Hazards: Ghosts
Assist Trophy: Ms. Pac-Man

Trophies
  • Pac-Man
  • Pac-Man's Final Smash
  • Ghosts (Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde)
  • Ms. Pac-Man
  • Super Pac-Man
  • Baby Pac-Man
  • Professor Pac-Man
  • Miru (Pac & Pal)
  • Jr. Pac-Man
  • Pac-Attack (the puzzle)
  • Toc-Man (Pac-Man World)
  • Spooky (Pac-Man World 2)
  • Dots
  • Power Pellet
  • Fruits
  • Pac-Man (the arcade cabinet)
  • Ms. Pac-Man (the arcade cabinet)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
PacMan visually fits with Mario, Sonic, and Megaman. They look so vibrant, all four together.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Pac-Man is pretty terrifying if you imagine him as a human being.

Well, let's analyze:

In his own mind, spirits of the past haunt this man, constantly pursuing him without any mercy. He only wants to be alone and feed his addiction, but the voices won't leave his maze-like subconscious. His only defense is extra-powerful drugs, which trip him out and make him believe he can defeat these voices. But they always come back.

Therefore, I infer that Pac-Man is about the mind of a drug-addicted schizophrenic, wanting freedom through his stash, but it only thickens his problems.

Thank you, I'll take my reward, everybody love me, Pac-Man 4 Smash.

(:troll:)

AlRex

Smash Lord
I don't know if anyone in this thread has ever suggested this, but instead of his stage being just the maze, it'd be fun if his stage was "NAMCO Museum", switching between Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Galaga, and Pole Position, with a flat arena with arcade machines in the background as the transition area. It'd be fun even if Pac-Man weren't it. It's just an idea I've had for a while.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Its close but no cigar pac man was not revealed today because his game came out today round 2 is the 3ds version in november
We haven't seen any newcomer reveals since E3, so it doesn't surprise me that Pac-Man hasn't been shown. People have already dismissed Wonder Red for the same reason, but both characters are still entirely possible. From what we can tell, Sakurai doesn't want us to expect any newcomer reveals for the time being.

As for Pac-Man being scary, he's got nothing on Dot Gobbler.

I think Idle Thumbs describes it best.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
We haven't seen any newcomer reveals since E3, so it doesn't surprise me that Pac-Man hasn't been shown. People have already dismissed Wonder Red for the same reason, but both characters are still entirely possible. From what we can tell, Sakurai doesn't want us to expect any newcomer reveals for the time being.

I think Idle Thumbs describes it best.[/quote

D

Deleted member

I think Idle Thumbs describes it best.
Good point Turtles, we didn't even get a Pokemon veteran or newcomer for Pokemon X and Y. I wonder what's going on.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So.....Halloween. We might get a Pacster reveal. (Or Ridley, King Boo, Luigi's Mansion Stage, etc. lol)

Also, i've been hearing that the new game is pretty decent. I need to go pick it up though.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939

Alternate skin

Use the Pac-Man Party design so that he doesn't have that creepy mouth and the kitty ears from Ghostly Adventures (that pretty much everyone hate), and have the classic look for his alt. Avoid voice acting, simply making use of arcade sound effects. There. Everyone's happy. Except for the people that don't want Pac-Man at all. But hey, nobody wanted Wii Fit Trainer either, and she's ten times as creepy as Ghostly Pac-Man is on his worst day.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
PACMAN MOVESET
Pacman is an all-rounder in stats, that relies on bizarre movement, power-ups, and a large mouth to gain an advantage.
Pacman Trait: Pacman is the best character at turning in the other direction when running to reflect his turn-on-a-dime quality in his games. (This is from another moveset, I will post username for credit when I find it)

Specials
B Mega Pellet: Throws a bold-bigger-than-normal dot. It has ricochet properties. Can be angled. Bounces up to three times (hitting a wall or floor or platform counts as one hit; hitting an enemy counts as two hits). On the third bounce the dot begins to run out of momentum then stops.

It flashes. If Pacman touches it, he turns blue and gains a limited speed and attack boost. An opponent can destroy the stationary Mega Pellet with a hit.

Up B Dot Chain: Creates a line of (ten) dots where the lead dot is controlled. Could move up, down, left, or right as long as the lead dot doesn't collide with the dots behind it. Pacman follows while chomping away. Mouth does damage with decent knockback. (This is from every Pacman moveset; not sure who is the original person to come up with it)

Side B Ghost Chase: A ghost materializes behind Pacman and he dashes forward as the ghost follows. Goes distance of Fox Illusion. Pacman does no damage, but the ghost behind him does.

*The ghost can absorb a projectile or attack before disappearing. If used in a row, the ghost takes longer time to materialize hindering the usefulness.

Down B Berry: Pacman flips backwards (in air) or skids backwards (on ground) leaving a berry where he was a moment ago. Berry cannot be destroyed, but flickers out of existence after thirty-five seconds. A press of Down B again will have Pacman charge toward the berry (as the crow flies) with mouth open, chomping for good KO potential if he reaches the berry and for slightly less KO potential if he hits an enemy. Goes maximum length of Fox Illusion.
* Up B, Side B, and Down B (if a berry is already laid out as a target) count as a recovery move in the air.

Aerials Moves
Up Aerial: Thrusts his limbs below his body as he launches up with a bite (like a shark shooting up to the surface for a snack).

Forward Aerial: Opens mouth and then closes it. Can be charged like a Smash.

Down Aerial: Butt bounce. Pacman splays his limbs and rockets downwards to bounce off the floor or a character with his rounded posterior. Height of bounce depends on height of fall.

Back Aerial: A spinning donkey kick just like Mario's back aerial. Except it is longer and not as strong.

Neutral Aerial: Spins in a circle while chomping like a maniac. Damage-racker.

Ground Moves
A: Throws a straight punch.
AA: Throws a straight punch, then another with his other arm while doing his trademark wink.

Toward A: With one arm above his body and the other arm slightly below, Pacman claps his hands together (so it looks like crocodile jaws).

Crouch: Hunkers down
Toward A: Does a somersault forward, hitting opponents up with stun

Up A: Squats with legs bent outwards at the knees and quickly propels himself to the tips of his shoes as he bites. If close enough to his knees as he rises, opponents in front or behind him can be lifted into the attack.

Running A: Three bites forward as he runs, with the last hitting the enemy away. Good for eating through shield defenses.

Smashes
Smash Forward: Leans one leg back as if getting ready to sprint. Springs forward with a bite.

Down Smash: Lays on his side and spins in a circle while kicking his legs as if running.

Up Smash: A pinball launcher appears under him and pulls back. Launches him high into the air as he spins like a yellow pinball. Hits opponents straight up with stun. He can use his jumps after he stops spinning.

Throws:
Reaches out with arms, grabs enemy and then stuffs inside his mouth. A random points-score number flashes above his head as a shout-out to his arcade games.
A: Chews

Forward A, Back A, Up A: Shoots opponent out of his mouth in the selected direction. A line of dots appear in the enemy's wake. If the enemy goes far enough, a Mega-pellet will appear at the end. Can be touched for a brief boost in stats just like with his B move.

Down A: Eyes turn to X's and Pacman pukes out enemy onto their back like Snake's down throw.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Having caught myself defending Pac-Man as a choice to my friends over Skype, I suppose I'm a Pro Pac guy!

Still can't believe the amount of hate the most legendary video game character of all time receives. Just baffling.

Top Bottom