• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If anyone hasn't noticed, Namco Bandai was not included at the bottom of the trailer. (Like where it lists, Capcom, Hal Lab, etc...)

If there wasn't anything to hide, there would be no reason for Namco to not be there.

While I wish for Lloyd, I will admit defeat when I see it coming. Pac-Man has Lloyd beat I believe.

Go Pac-Man.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
If anyone hasn't noticed, Namco Bandai was not included at the bottom of the trailer. (Like where it lists, Capcom, Hal Lab, etc...)

If there wasn't anything to hide, there would be no reason for Namco to not be there.
Yeah....i found that really weird when i saw that also.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
What do people want to happen with Pac-Man's alternate colors? Would his entire body color get color-switched like the pics in the OP or something more subtle?
I can see them simply altering Pac-Man's gloves and shoes; Pac's yellow color may be considered so iconic that he'd appear a bit odd in any other full-body color. Personally, I'd like to see his alternate colors change his entire body, matching the hues of Inky, Pinky, Blinky, and Clyde.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Probably just his gloves and shoes would change color.

Also, this thread is actually a lot nicer then Lloyd's. I'm not saying that out of bias but there is a lot of flak against Pac-Man in the Lloyd thread. I'm sure most of the people here are willing to accept Lloyd if he gets in but a good portion of the people in Lloyd's thread acted like Pac-Man was the end of the world. Again, i'm just being honest.

Yeah, the Pac crowd is actually pretty chill, especially considering how much anti-Pac there is, even without talk of his other Namco competitors.

They might just softly tint his body for each color... Though, yellow doesn't tint super well. Red => orange, Green => Lime, Blue => ... a weird muddy mess?

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace

While I wish for Lloyd, I will admit defeat when I see it coming. Pac-Man has Lloyd beat I believe.

Go Pac-Man.

i think it does in this video tho.

Lol well i guess it dont lol i had to switch it over to HD to see it..Wonder why Namco Wasin't added?

max.

Smash Rookie
If Pac-Man makes it in, I really hope it's his "classic" look. Not a fan of the tennis shoes he's sporting nowadays.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
You think they'd be listed after the site was put up.

EDIT: I doubt getting in a fight would cause Sakurai to take them off. (Unless they quit. Which i doubt) He obviously has his reasons for not listing them.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Yeah, the Pac crowd is actually pretty chill, especially considering how much anti-Pac there is, even without talk of his other Namco competitors.
I have noticed that all over the place. Like on miiverse, people get mad and post things like "who started all this pacman hype, lets ask for more reasonable characters like waddle dee" ( who really has no place near smash, especially over pac-man) and when I mention Pac-man Lloyd people always have to say that "Lloyd can cut pac-man in half" and other dumb replies like "he can't fight" Maybe most of the Lloyd fanbase is made up of anime diehards like someone else on this thread said. No ofence to Lloyd fans that aren't radical though. I had to even change my avatar picture to from Pac-Man to Yami Yugi because I didn't want Lloyd lovers to bash me for being a pac-man fan. (Also, I love yu-gi-oh) I was already prejudiced once for the pac-man avatar. I do not like Lloyd at all, but I don't bash people who say he should be in the game. (Even though I do get a bit mad when they say he is the best, or only choice, and spam Lloyd comments all over miiverse and the internet. But anyway, It is quite weird that Namco wasn't listed, did sakurai feel as if they didn't do enough, OR like Rosalina Supporter said, they could be hiding something...A NAMCO CHARACTER NOT REVEALED YET (Pac-Man probably).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I have noticed that all over the place. Like on miiverse, people get mad and post things like "who started all this pacman hype, lets ask for more reasonable characters like waddle dee" ( who really has no place near smash, especially over pac-man) and when I mention Pac-man Lloyd people always have to say that "Lloyd can cut pac-man in half" and other dumb replies like "he can't fight" Maybe most of the Lloyd fanbase is made up of anime diehards like someone else on this thread said. No ofence to Lloyd fans that aren't radical though. I had to even change my avatar picture to from Pac-Man to Yami Yugi because I didn't want Lloyd lovers to bash me for being a pac-man fan. (Also, I love yu-gi-oh) I was already prejudiced once for the pac-man avatar. I do not like Lloyd at all, but I don't bash people who say he should be in the game. (Even though I do get a bit mad when they say he is the best, or only choice, and spam Lloyd comments all over miiverse and the internet. But anyway, It is quite weird that Namco wasn't listed, did sakurai feel as if they didn't do enough, OR like Rosalina Supporter said, they could be hiding something...A NAMCO CHARACTER NOT REVEALED YET (Pac-Man probably).
Now watch as the bad Lloyd fans say they wont buy the game if Pac-Man's confirmed and they end up buying it despite Pac-Man being in it.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I think Namco supporters (For the most part) have been calm (Asides from the crazy Lloyd ones: No, I'm not going to lure you guys in here shut up) because honestly, we're just happy to SEE Namco-Bandai involved in the game, and not just because of characters (IMPROVED ONLINE AND MORE GOD PRODUCERS? YES) but because when we were all discussing it in pre-brawl/post-brawl days, it felt all too impossible. They didn't even care as much as Ubisoft or Square about doing advertisements or products with them. Now that they're working together and interest has been shown from both sides, the story has changed completely, and that's why for the most part most of what I've seen (especially Pac) is surprisingly... tame.

Honestly, for the most part as long as it's not something too small time, I'd be okay with any Third-Party. If it was Namco-Bandai, Square, or Ubi, I'd be okay.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Anyway, so the gathered recent evidence so far is....

1. The recently debunked, OBVIOUS, troll rumor did raise a lot of support for Pac-Man. (yeah...i'm not letting anyone live this down)
2. Namco hasn't been listed in the company credits. (Videos and the official site) NOTE: This could be used as an argument for any possible Namco rep.
3. Sakurai seemingly becoming curious about Pac-Man when an IGN interviewer brought him up.
4. The way Sakurai speaks about third parties makes him seem like he only chooses the legendary types. (lol Pokemon pun)

Oh and heres some stuff Pac-Man can use in his moveset.

1. Sling shot (Pac-Man 2)
2. Hammer (Pac in TIme)
3. Pellets (Every Pac-Man game ever)
4. Possibly Galaga bugs. (Namco seems to have taken a liking to having Galaga as part of Pac-Man's franchise)
5. Power Ups from Pac-Man platformers.
6. Red Pellet/Pellet Trail

D

Deleted member

Keep saying the "rumor" is debunked and obvious troll all you want.
It will be funny when it's revealed to be true. :laugh:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Keep saying the "rumor" is debunked and obvious troll all you want.
It will be funny when it's revealed to be true. :laugh:
Well I'm just doing it to be a **** in all honestly. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have no problem if it turns out to be real since two of the choices I actually support. :p

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I would at least prefer that Mii not be in the game. That would be dumb.

Back on topic, I honestly think Pac-Man is already in the game. There really is no reason for Namco to not show up at the bottom. None that I can think of anyway.

D

Deleted member

The rumour may well be true, but the ones already revealed by it were the most surprising ones. Pac-Man, Little Mac and Mii are among the most obvious picks Sakurai could make for SSB4, unlike WTF Trainer. That's really the only thing that makes the rumour stand out, as predicting Villager and MegaMan isn't that impressive. We knew Sakurai had talked to Capcom before, that could only be MegaMan or possibly Ryu and Animal Crossing was coming out just in time for Sakurai to be considering the roster, plus it sold gangbusters.

Either way, I would obviously be happy if the rumour does turn out to be true, as I'm a big Little Mac fan too. As far as Lloyd goes I just don't see Tales getting a rep, it's a multiplatform series and Symphonia was on Gamecube, meaning Brawl was the time for Lloyd if any. Not that I'd be against Lloyd, that'd be awesome, but it's not likely. Pac-Man is one of the biggest gaming icons ever, he can be an exception to the third-party rules.

On being listed on the bottom of the websites, I assume they would be added if Pac-Man was revealed as a newcomer. Clearly they should be listed there already when they're developing the game in part, that they aren't there may be part of an elaborate ruse to trick hardcore fans. Sakurai is the kind of guy who'd do that.

D

Deleted member

Yup! I never knew before this video he drew eighty-percent of Kirby in Dreamland, that is nuts.

D

Deleted member

I'm a huge fan of that game. It was amazing to imagine one guy drawing so much.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This has probably already been talked about but I just noticed the other day when browsing my friends WiiU that Pac-man got added to the virtual console about a month ago.
A few Megaman games were added in months prior.

Suspicious much?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
This has probably already been talked about but I just noticed the other day when browsing my friends WiiU that Pac-man got added to the virtual console about a month ago.
A few Megaman games were added in months prior.

Suspicious much?
Not really. Those games were going to get on the Virtual Console eventually.

The only suspicious thing right now is the fact that Namco Bandai haven't been credited yet in Smash 4 trailers and the Dojo.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Not really. Those games were going to get on the Virtual Console eventually.

The only suspicious thing right now is the fact that Namco Bandai haven't been credited yet in Smash 4 trailers and the Dojo.
Pac Man seems to me like a very odd addition to the virtual console.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Megaman and Pac-Man are the ONLY third party games on the VC.
Not only that but is Pac Man really in the top 20 most important games for Nintendo?

Forgive me for not getting it but how does Namco Bandai not being credited make Pac more likely?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Pac Man seems to me like a very odd addition to the virtual console.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Megaman and Pac-Man are the ONLY third party games on the VC.
Not only that but is Pac Man really in the top 20 most important games for Nintendo?

Forgive me for not getting it but how does Namco Bandai not being credited make Pac more likely?
Solomon's Key, Speluncer, Down Town Nekketsu Koshinkyoku, Ikki, etc. are all third party and on the Wii U VC. Some are exclusive to certain regions.

Never said it made him likely. I'm just stating that it is suspicious because it doesn't make sense to not credit them.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
If he gets in (which I'm fine with but he's not one of my top pics personally) I wanna smash to some music from this old game:

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I would hate that. I want a true Mario vs. Sonic vs. Mega Man vs. Pac-Man. Having the latter character be the odd one out wouldn't feel right.

D

Deleted member

That looks good! I can totally imagine that being the model too.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, Pac-Man is a little creepy. Far more than Villager. It's part of his charm.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This is kinda OCD of me, but could you please fix the spelling of the thread title? Amazing is spelled wrong at it makes me want to take the thread less seriously, in a way.

D

Deleted member

It's spelled wrong on purpose! The base concept of Pac-Man is in many ways a maze.

Top Bottom