• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

volbound1700

Smash Master
I am hoping Sonic and Pac-Man are in the game but there is reason to doubt based on comments. Than again none of the comments are truely definitive.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well my predictions were always Snake, Sonic, Megaman, and Pac-Man. I can still see it based on the comments since they were vague but I am not as confortable about Snake now. Despite that, it sounds like from the interview that Sakurai is "trying hard" to avoid cuts.

To be honest, I can live with Snake being cut even if I don't like it.

D

Deleted member

Snake being cut would be horrible. He's one of the most popular Brawl characters. But I can agree that I see that happening if Sakurai is desperate for cuts, but as long as it's just say, five cuts, Snake should be fine. Plenty to cut before him in Brawl.

Aside from Pac-Man, the only other new third-party I could ever see at this point is maybe a second Sonic rep, I may just be crazy.

D

Deleted member

I dunno, I just thought because Sonic is so popular and his next game is exclusive to Nintendo, he may have a shot at a second rep.

D

Deleted member

Haha, no love for Sonic reps. I'm for Tails or Robotnik... no?

How about a second Pac-Man rep!

D

Deleted member

I'm joking of course. Though a Ms. Pac-Man costume, everyone must approve of that.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Pac-Man gets in, I expect the 2D version to be his Final Smash.

D

Deleted member

It'll definitely be that. It's incredibly obvious and would be really cool.

D

Deleted member

Yes, it'd be a revamp but based on an old design that represents Pac-Man at his best.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
No
Snake being cut would be horrible. He's one of the most popular Brawl characters. But I can agree that I see that happening if Sakurai is desperate for cuts, but as long as it's just say, five cuts, Snake should be fine. Plenty to cut before him in Brawl.

Aside from Pac-Man, the only other new third-party I could ever see at this point is maybe a second Sonic rep, I may just be crazy.
no cuts plz

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Or more like this, :grin: This is Pac-Man at his best.
Yes, pretty much this... it would be an ideal blend of classic and modern designs.

I hope Sakurai is seriously considering putting Pac-Man in SSB4 after the interview with the guy who asked for Pac-Man.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yes, pretty much this... it would be an ideal blend of classic and modern designs.

I hope Sakurai is seriously considering putting Pac-Man in SSB4 after the interview with the guy who asked for Pac-Man.
I think he is since Sakurai seemed legitimately curious.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Don't care if i double post this time.

Heres my moveset.

Standard Attacks:
Basic Combo: Punch, Punch, Bite
Dash Attack: Pac-Man runs forward with his head down and bashes them with his head.
Edge Attack: Pac-Man pulls himself up and rolls forward like a ball.
Forward Tilt: A strong punch similar to Mario's in Smash 64.
Down Tilt: Pac-Man does a foot sweep
Up Tilt: Tosses a pellet up into the air and it will then land into his mouth. (Joke attack)

Aerials:
Neutral Air: Sex Kick
Down Air: Belly flop
Forward Air: Curls up into a ball and spins forward.
Up Air: Flip kick from the Pac-Man world games.

Specials:
Neutral Special: Sling Shot - The Sling Shot works similarly to Link's bow and arrow. However, the projectile (pellet) is faster, does less damage, and can be spammed similar to Fox's blaster. (has a bit of lag time though. So no one can machine gun it)
Forward Special: Rev Roll - Pac-Man spin dashes forward. This move can be charged up but it also is harder to control, harder to stop (He has to enter an animation where he uses his heels to stop himself like a cartoon), and has a decent knock back.
Up Special: Dot Chain - Pac-Man pulls out a red pellet, eats it, then follows a line of pellets upward.

Grabs:
Grab: Pac-Man bites the victim and holds him/her in place with his mouth.
Pummel: Takes more bites.
Forward Throw: Spits the victim out of his mouth.
Down Throw: Slams the victim down on the ground and electrocutes them with his lightning attack from Pac-Man World 3.
Up Throw: Spits the victim upward and tosses a pellet up at the victim.

Final Smash: Power Pellet - Eats a Power Pellet, becomes the original 2D Pac-Man, all opponents become blue ghosts, and now Pac-Man can kill everyone in one hit. The down side is that it's easy to avoid him if you keep moving.

Taunts:
Up: Plays with a pellet like a basket ball for a few seconds.
Forward: Spins a pellet on his finger for a few second.
Down: Puts on his hat from the Hanna Barbera cartoon and winks at the screen.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Anyway, I'll just write some stuff down.

Although Sakurai said Namco wouldn't get special treatment, he never said that one wouldn't happen. On the contrary, he only said that no one is getting special treatment.

Now, when the IGN interviewer mentioned Pac-Man, Sakurai seemed legitimately curious about the idea and went as far as to start talking moveset potential with the interviewer.

I know this doesn't mean Pac will get in. But it at least shows that Zsakurai has shown interest/curiosity to an extent.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Anyway, I'll just write some stuff down.

Although Sakurai said Namco wouldn't get special treatment, he never said that one wouldn't happen. On the contrary, he only said that no one is getting special treatment.

Now, when the IGN interviewer mentioned Pac-Man, Sakurai seemed legitimately curious about the idea and went as far as to start talking moveset potential with the interviewer.

I know this doesn't mean Pac will get in. But it at least shows that Zsakurai has shown interest/curiosity to an extent.
I almost guarantee that he's in, I swear, sakurai probly has his entire moveset done, I almost guarantee he only says this because there is in fact a namco character in the game lol.

D

Deleted member

That's true, I have always thought Sakurai should try to avoid answering questions vaguely on the roster because it always leads to misunderstanding and misinterpretations. But I think it's safe to say that in the context of that interview, where the question is essentially "will all veterans return?", Sakurai's response is overtly negative.

Groose

Smash Champion
Mario vs. Sonic vs. Mega Man vs. Pac Man. A battle between the four biggest faces in the history of gaming. Make it happen, Sakurai.

I support Pac Man because he is iconic, has a pretty large moveset, and has an ideal Final Smash. I don't want to see more than four third-party characters, but he's definitely my third choice (behind Mega Man and Sonic).

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
If Pac-Man gets in over Lloyd Irving I would be perfectly ok with that, more than anything I want Super Smash 4 to succeed and be the best it possibly can and if Sakurai believes that Pac-Man will contribute to that more than Lloyd can then I'm all in. If Sakurai was able to change my mind about Wii Fit Trainer (And I will admit my reaction for the first 10 seconds of her introduction was quite negative, I instantly warmed up to her after the trailer was completed) then I believe the same can be said for Pac-Man.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
If Pac-Man gets in over Lloyd Irving I would be perfectly ok with that, more than anything I want Super Smash 4 to succeed and be the best it possibly can and if Sakurai believes that Pac-Man will contribute to that more than Lloyd can then I'm all in. If Sakurai was able to change my mind about Wii Fit Trainer (And I will admit my reaction for the first 10 seconds of her introduction was quite negative, I instantly warmed up to her after the trailer was completed) then I believe the same can be said for Pac-Man.

You do know Pac-Man is Namco Bandai's Mascot right?

So if any one gets in from Namco Pac-Man will get in over Lloyd.

Just like Pikachu Is Game Freak's

And Kirby is HAL Laboratory Mascot.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think the Lloyd thread would be a much nicer place if Pac-Man wasn't mentioned there and this thread would be nicer if Lloyd was never mentioned.

We all know the status quo with the two characters' levels of likelihood. Let's just drop it and get back to discussing how cool the characters would be in Smash. :p

What do people want to happen with Pac-Man's alternate colors? Would his entire body color get color-switched like the pics in the OP or something more subtle?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think the Lloyd thread would be a much nicer place if Pac-Man wasn't mentioned there and this thread would be nicer if Lloyd was never mentioned.

We all know the status quo with the two characters' levels of likelihood. Let's just drop it and get back to discussing how cool the characters would be in Smash. :p

What do people want to happen with Pac-Man's alternate colors? Would his entire body color get color-switched like the pics in the OP or something more subtle?
Probably just his gloves and shoes would change color.

Also, this thread is actually a lot nicer then Lloyd's. I'm not saying that out of bias but there is a lot of flak against Pac-Man in the Lloyd thread. I'm sure most of the people here are willing to accept Lloyd if he gets in but a good portion of the people in Lloyd's thread acted like Pac-Man was the end of the world. Again, i'm just being honest.

Top Bottom