• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Xhampi

Smash Lord
If Pacman is in the trailer, I hope that he will fight Donkey Kong.
Battle for the best arcade character : Round 2.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I was thinking they would hold off on Megaman because he would have the greater hype! However, it is clear that Megaman was one of the first newcomers Sakurai had in mind and he has already put development into the character heavily. I still have a feeling this game has more development time to go and we got this trailer earlier than we should have gotten it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
NOTE: This fit in right along with the entire Capcom rep being one of the first things Sakurai said might happen in Smash. :)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah, I KEPT saying that to the doubters like Smashchu in his thread. I even said Megaman's chances were greater than King K Rool and Ridley. I mean both of those popular characters may not even make it in.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The game will probably release in late 2014.
I do think Pac-Man's chances have taken a hit with Mega Man's reveal.

I suppose we'll play the waiting game.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think we will get a Namco character but I would have thought Pac-Man would come in before Megaman. I was very confident of Megaman making the game. I am a little worried about Sonic but I still think he is in because of all the support SEGA is giving to Nintendo and SEGA wants Sonic's face in everything.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I agree I think we will see a Namco character In smash 4,Lets not forget that Pac-Man and Meg Man was both in Street Fighter X Tekken.

I think Sonic will be back. seeing how hes got 3 games coming out only to Wii u and one of them is the olympic games.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I have to admit guys, i'm disappointed and scared. They revealed megaman first, no one is showing their support for him by tweeting to sakurai or Tetsuya Akatsuka to put in pacman, and the pac-man fanbase continues to get dwarfed by megaman. I really hope he's in the game because as a die hard fan of pac-man, I won't get the game if he isn't in.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I have to admit guys, i'm disappointed and scared. They revealed megaman first, no one is showing their support for him by tweeting to sakurai or Tetsuya Akatsuka to put in pacman, and the pac-man fanbase continues to get dwarfed by megaman. I really hope he's in the game because as a die hard fan of pac-man, I won't get the game if he isn't in.
I dont think theres any need to be disappointed yet they could be holding him back to be announced later to keep building hype why would they put Megman in and not put in Pac-Man to?..And i find it funny that Namco waits till to day the same day smash 4 is shown that they announced that they have a pac-man museum in the making.

And not only that but The last 3 mario kart GP games Nintendo and Namco worked on pac-man was in so why ..Why would they leave him out this time? makes no since.

and dont forget mario had a guest appearance in Pac-Man VS. so i think that pac-man has already got a spot in smash 4.!

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I dont think theres any need to be disappointed yet they could be holding him back to be announced later to keep building hype why would they put Megman in and not put in Pac-Man to?..And i find it funny that Namco waits till to day the same day smash 4 is shown that they announced that they have a pac-man museum in the making.

And not only that but The last 3 mario kart GP games Nintendo and Namco worked on pac-man was in so why ..Why would they leave him out this time? makes no since.

and dont forget mario had a guest appearance in Pac-Man VS. so i think that pac-man has already got a spot in smash 4.!
Yeah! that's true, I feel better now that there are other people who believe in pac-man's appearance still :-)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm expecting Pac Man now, I also hope Sonic makes it as well

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

volbound1700

Smash Master
Rumors are stating that Pac-Man (along with Little Mac and Mii) is in the game and will be revealed soon.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I doubt the rumor is true but it would be cool if Pac-Man got revealed and they give him an amazing moveset.

Anyone who says they can't give Pac a good moveset after the Wii Fit Trainer reveal doesn't know what they're talking about.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I doubt the rumor is true but it would be cool if Pac-Man got revealed and they give him an amazing moveset.

Anyone who says they can't give Pac a good moveset after the Wii Fit Trainer reveal doesn't know what they're talking about.
doubt it's true?

The guy predicted villager and wii fit trainer

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah. Saying you knew who it was after the trailer really is evidence isn't it?

Anyone can say that.
What are you talking about? The rumor didn't originate from someone saying they knew after the fact. Where did you get that impression?

D

Deleted member

Sorry to be ask so much of you all, but if you can, would one of you quote some posts I should add to the OP? I've been neglecting my duties quite a bit, but the OP should be far more detailed than it is based solely on posts in the thread. Thanks in advance.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Sorry to be ask so much of you all, but if you can, would one of you quote some posts I should add to the OP? I've been neglecting my duties quite a bit, but the OP should be far more detailed than it is based solely on posts in the thread. Thanks in advance.

Heres a move set by Pacman9
well I came up with more moves for Pac-Man!

Side smash: Pac-Man leans out and chomps the opponent. High knockback and Pacman's strongest smash. Sweetspot is the tip of Pac's mouth and does reeling horizontal knockback. Lag equal to Mr.g&w's side smash. 18-25% fully charged. 20-30% fully charged at tip of mouth.

Up smash: Pac-Man throws a jumping uppercut (goes only as far up as sonic's up smash) Does 5 connected hits within the hitbox and drags opponents up to the tip of the uppercut. If opponents reach, or hit the top of Pac-Man's fist it does strong vertical knock back. 17-25% fully charged if all 5 hits and the tip of Pac's fist connects.

Down smash: Similar to sonic and pikachu's because Pac-man rolls over opponents in a circle and traps them inside. At the end the opponent flies out with considerable knockback. Nuff said. 12-19% fully charged.
Heres a re-color of Pac-Man by Onyx Oblivian

Music Suggestions by CrophMaruMariolu2W0vol41PEeeeeek

CrophMaruMariolu2W0vol41PEeeeeek said:
Don't know if these were already posted, but here's some vgm. I tried to find the less obvious songs, if you know what I mean. But some of these are my favs as well.
World 1 - Pac-Man Arrangement (Whether or not Pac-Man gets in, I'd love to hear this song in Smash. It always got me pumped up when playing Arrangment)
World 2 - Pac-Man Arrangement
Pac-Man's Park - Pac-Mania
Sandbox Land - Pac-Mania
Puzzle Fever - Pac-Attack (This song plays when the blocks are almost at the top. It would be funny if it plays when the timer's running out for a Pac-Man stage)
Whale on a Sub Pac-Man World 2
But anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that I support Pac-Man's inclusion. He's a cool and funny guy that I think will bring a lot of personality to the roster.
Neanderthal,
Chomp: Like Toad waaaaaay back when I started this project, Chomp requires Wario to change his standard special (or they could just have to same one) due to a cool little idea I had a while ago (and will hopefully draw at come point.) It works pretty much the same way.

Rev Roll: What is this, Sonic the Hedgehog? This little manoeuvre is just like Yoshi's Egg Roll, or possibly Jigglypuff's Rollout. It involves rolling, is what I'm saying.
Dot Chain: For this move you don't actually control Pac himself, but a chain of dots which he follows. They begin by moving upwards but you can control them - only at right angles - until they run out, seven to ten of them, I'm thinking.

Butt Bounce: What is this, Super Mario? Not unlike the Yoshi Bomb and Bowser Bomb, but Pac-Man actually bounces, allowing the chance to chain them. I know some of these moves are a bit straightforward and/or derivative but I think it makes for a simple, accessible moveset.

Power Pellet: Throwing a glowing orb down his gullet (?) causes Pac-Man to grow to several times his size, lose his limbs and features and go back to that classic cheese/pizza/trivial pursuit shape everybody knows him for. Fully controllable but again only at right angles, Pac has to chase down his opponents in an effort to eat them. Not sure which is more balanced, biting them for big damage (a la Ultimate Chimera) or swallowing them for and instant knock out (a la Balloon Fight Fish) but either way maybe your enemies will turn blue for this technique?

By Professor Fandango @ DevientArt
http://professorfandango.deviantart.com/art/SMASH-Pacman-352445010?q=gallery%3Aprofessorfandango%2F341752&qo=37
A move set video that i found.

Rosalina suporter

Not sure if any ones posted this yet,But I found a video of Pac-Mans Moves that he could use in smash 4.

And then a history Of Pac-Man games that have been on The Nintendo system

Rosalina suporter

Iv not seen any one do this yet so I thought id make a list of all the Pac-Man History that has been on the Nintendo Console.

Pac-Man 1984 Nintendo Entertainment System.

(Pac-Attack - 1993, Super Nintendo Entertainment System-1994 Game Boy,2008 Wii).

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures 1994 – Super Nintendo Entertainment System).

Pac-In-Time – 1994 Super Nintendo Entertainment System.)

Pac-Man Fever 2002 – Nintendo GameCube.)
Pac-Man World 2 2002 – Nintendo GameCube.)
Pac-Man Vs. 2003 – Nintendo GameCube,2007 - Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man World 2004 – Game Boy Advance.)
Pac-Pix 2005 – Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man Pinball Advance 2005 – Game Boy Advance.)
Pac 'n Roll 2005 – Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man World 3 2005 – Nintendo GameCube,Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man World Rally 2005 - Nintendo GameCube.)
Pac-Man Party 2010 – Wii, Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures Wii U And 3DS Coming Soon Fall 2013.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pac-Man Collection 2001 – Game Boy Advance.)
Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions-2011 – Nintendo 3DS included are the original Pac-Man, Pac-Man Championship Edition, and Pac-Man Tilt (a game that's new to this compilation). The collection also includes three games in the Galaga series.
Namco Museum 64 1999 – Nintendo 64.)
Namco Museum: 50th Anniversary 2005 – GameCube, Game Boy Advance.)
Namco Museum Remix 2007 – Wii.)
Namco Museum DS 2007 – Nintendo DS.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Racing game's developed jointly by Namco and Nintendo,Includes Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, and Blinky as playable characters.
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2005 – Arcade.)
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 2007 – Arcade.)
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX 2013 – Arcade.)

D

Deleted member

Thank you Rosalina! I plan on making a more detailed set, as I do hail from the Make Your Move community primarily, that I will update into the original post later. Now that Pac-Man seems all but confirmed this thread should be stepping it up!

Top Bottom