• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Thank you Rosalina! I plan on making a more detailed set, as I do hail from the Make Your Move community primarily, that I will update into the original post later. Now that Pac-Man seems all but confirmed this thread should be stepping it up!
Your welcome, and i agree can't wait to see what he looks like!.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If he appears, I don't want his new look.

I can only tolerate this one.

and NOT THIS.

D

Deleted member

Okay, updated the OP. It was difficult, though, in no small part because of XenForo's poorly-coded rich text editor. If you guys want anything else added or changed just ask in the thread. It'd be cool if we could build up a big data bank like other newcomer threads.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Heres some stuff i posted.

Trophies:

1. Pac-Man doing his thumbs up pose
2. Power pellet (Final Smash)
3. Pac-Man's two new friends from the cartoon
4. Arcade machine
5. The Ghosts
6. Ms. Pac-Man
7. 8-Bit Pac-Man

Third parties never had a lot of trophies if you look at Snake and Sonic's trophies in Brawl.
Another song for the Pac-Man stage.

The idea is for the stage to change locations during battle. (like Dalfino in Brawl lol)

[collapse=Pac-Man stage]

[/collapse]

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Pac Man has been Confirmed by the leak if you believe it.
Before E3 someone claimed that the WF Trainer, Villager, Megaman, Mii, Little Mac and Pac Man will be announced for SSB4.
Probably not a coincidence.

Kantrip

Kantplay
After seeing the images of Pac-man where he has legs but doesn't look ********, realizing he's a Namco-Bandai character, and hearing about this supposed leak rumour, he is a lot more likely than I originally thought. And I don't think I mind it, either.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I hope he's not perpetually smiling.

Two perpetually happy characters in one fighting game is a new level of psychopathic.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I think Pac-Man is more or less Confirmed http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/66442330

Here's the story.

About a week ago, respectable NeoGAF member Sal Romano, who runs a site called Gematsu, received an email from a source claiming that Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fitness Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii would be revealed at E3. Sal did not post this on his site because he wasn't able to verify the information, but he did jokingly post the list a day before SSB4's reveal on NeoGAF as a "prediction" just in case it was correct.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62304489&postcount=2996

Look at the date. It's important to note that the post hasn't been edited at all.

Sal told me that as soon as Wii Fit Trainer was revealed, he ran and posted the list on his site because he knew at that point it couldn't have been a lucky guess from his source.

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/wii-fit-trainer-joins-super-smash-bros

I received some additional verification that I'm not going to post, but that's the gist of it all. Sal's legit and his source is credible. It's only a matter of whether Nintendo decided at the last minute to change their E3 plans and hold off on Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yes... I'd hate for Pac-Man to suddenly come off as a terrifying psychopath.

Is Pac-Man ever seen with other expressions than happy?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I used to be completely against Pac-Man in favor of Lloyd Irving, but it would appear the writing is on the wall.

I support Pac-Man (even though I don't really want him).

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
He's not my favorite, but I know I'm gonna like him a lot more after we see an awesome trailer and gameplay footage.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I dont think they will use his Street Fighter X Tekken model which is the only game other than his own that he looks scary in lol. i think they will use his classic Model like they have with Mega Man.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I'm supporting Smash 4 > all else, if Sakurai picks Pac-Man as a playable character then so be it. Though I'm not going to rule out the possibility of having two Namco Bandai characters considering how unpredictable everything has been regardless of how 'unlikely' others are going to view the inclusion of two Namco Bandai characters.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman

Okay, now narrow down his emotions in any game besides his own.

Oh my god.

Really hope they use Pac Man Party/Tilt Pac Man. Yes, this Pac Man is different than the one in Ghostly Adventures. It all comes down to emotion, and they way he is portrayed in Ghostly Adventures is downright creepy and cheesy that rivals late 90's/early 00's Sonic.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06...ters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros
E3 2013: Namco Bandai Characters Receive No Priority for Super Smash Bros.

Don't expect a flood of Namco Bandai characters just because the publisher is supporting Smash Bros. development.

My inquiry about Namco Bandai characters did lead Sakurai to ask me a question in return - if I had to pick one character, which Namco Bandai character would I want in Super Smash Bros.? The answer seemed obvious to me - the original arcade version of Pac-Man. Sakurai then asked me what a Final Smash might look like for that, and we started to discuss how how Pac-Man could become super-powered, and chase other characters around a stage, attempting to eat them. It was a surreal discussion to say the least, but shows that Sakurai is always contemplating what else he might add to his projects, packing them full of as much content as possible.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06...ters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros
E3 2013: Namco Bandai Characters Receive No Priority for Super Smash Bros.

Don't expect a flood of Namco Bandai characters just because the publisher is supporting Smash Bros. development.

My inquiry about Namco Bandai characters did lead Sakurai to ask me a question in return - if I had to pick one character, which Namco Bandai character would I want in Super Smash Bros.? The answer seemed obvious to me - the original arcade version of Pac-Man. Sakurai then asked me what a Final Smash might look like for that, and we started to discuss how how Pac-Man could become super-powered, and chase other characters around a stage, attempting to eat them. It was a surreal discussion to say the least, but shows that Sakurai is always contemplating what else he might add to his projects, packing them full of as much content as possible.
Suck on that Lloyd Irving and Klonoa! :demon:

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Well... that's a interesting statement that I'm sure will be used to argue pacmans odds.

But didn't rule out a namco character at all... Pacman could still have been considered for Brawl or even after development, and that statement could be true. Working with Namco on this game had no influence on his inclusion.

I'm not really sure who else is popular enough to warrant an inclusion after that beat down on the of 3rd party characters in general...Geno is a "special situation" for sure, and I doubt Square cares on how he plays...and they aren't invested in the future of the character either...like sega, capcom, and konami... so that kinda inflated my Geno hope a bit... but deflated all the rest of my third party hopes.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Well... that's a interesting statement that I'm sure will be used to argue pacmans odds.

But didn't rule out a namco character at all... Pacman could still have been considered for Brawl or even after development, and that statement could be true. Working with Namco on this game had no influence on his inclusion.

I'm not really sure who else is popular enough to warrant an inclusion after that beat down on the of 3rd party characters in general...Geno is a "special situation" for sure, and I doubt Square cares on how he plays...and they aren't invested in the future of the character either...like sega, capcom, and konami... so that kinda inflated my Geno hope a bit... but deflated all the rest of my third party hopes.

I think Pac-Man still has a great chance and i think he will be in.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I believe he still does too. To me he's still just as likely as before... everyone else became less likely.

Also inb4 someone quotes my last post with a "capcom isn't invested in mega mans future."

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My personal opinion on the matter: Pacman probably has a decent/more than decent chance of getting to be a playable character in the game.
I wouldn't worry much about his chances.

But if he's not in, that's one less psychopathic happy character I have to worry about thankfully.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's still kinda possible that Pacman will be playable. Pacman is still an iconic character, who can fit well into Smash. Even as a guy who's a huge Tekken fan, I can't see anyone from Namco more fitting than Pacman himself. I mean he could still not be playable, but it seems like Smash 4 is the perfect opportunity for him to join. The only thing that worries about Pacman is whether or not he's going to be an interesting character. And one more thing, How cool would it be if Mario, Megaman, Sonic, and Pacman could beat the living crap outta each other in glorious HD? Because I can tell you that it would be pretty freaking cool.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I will very possibly cry like a baby getting an injection if Pac-man is not in this game...I don't care if other people have expressed their utter loathing of him; I have been hyping myself up for a Pac-man reveal because the possibility of the main character from my first game ever (Pac-man World 2...yes, I got into the video game scene late.) being in my favorite series was surreal before, but is now very possible. I know it sounds terribly selfish, but Pac-man being in the game would be the impetus for my purchasing of a Wii U and pre-ordering of Sm4sh. I'm not even joking, it would be a selling point for me. Consider me an official supporter of Pac-man for SSB4!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I noted in particular that they are talking about the arcade version of Pac-Man.

So, will he be in 8-bit form?

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I noted in particular that they are talking about the arcade version of Pac-Man.

So, will he be in 8-bit form?

Hmm i took it that or at lest id hope they mint his form after 8-bit like They did with Meg Man.

This model would represent Pac-Man's Classic 8-bit and would be more ideal.I think this was the version they was talking about.

D

Deleted member

Personally I think that Sakurai talking at length about Pac-Man's inclusion is a very good sign. That he'd entertain the thought to that degree and even talk about final smashes is quite telling. I would predict that Namco would want some later form of Pac-Man, because he would almost definitely have a final smash where he reverts to his original arcade form and the opponents turn into "ghosts."In fact, I'd go as far as to say Pac-Man has a greater chance than any new third-party at this point.

D

Deleted member

Personally I think that Sakurai talking at length about Pac-Man's inclusion is a very good sign. That he'd entertain the thought to that degree and even talk about final smashes is quite telling. I would predict that Namco would want some later form of Pac-Man, because he would almost definitely have a final smash where he reverts to his original arcade form and the opponents turn into "ghosts."In fact, I'd go as far as to say Pac-Man has a greater chance than any new third-party at this point.

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

Oh my. It kept on showing up as not going through, so I kept hitting post reply. XenForo!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Most definitely.
The more I think about Pac-man the more I want to have him in the game, if only because Mario-Megaman-Sonic-Pacman battles would be interesting.

Top Bottom