• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should make it so one side warps to the other side and just have top and possibly bottom kills

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
That would be a huge change up in the game play and would be interesting.
That would be interesting game play.

Iv not seen any one do this yet so I thought id make a list of all the Pac-Man History that has been on the Nintendo Console.

Pac-Man 1984 Nintendo Entertainment System.

(Pac-Attack - 1993, Super Nintendo Entertainment System-1994 Game Boy,2008 Wii).

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures 1994 – Super Nintendo Entertainment System).

Pac-In-Time – 1994 Super Nintendo Entertainment System.)

Pac-Man Fever 2002 – Nintendo GameCube.)
Pac-Man World 2 2002 – Nintendo GameCube.)
Pac-Man Vs. 2003 – Nintendo GameCube,2007 - Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man World 2004 – Game Boy Advance.)
Pac-Pix 2005 – Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man Pinball Advance 2005 – Game Boy Advance.)
Pac 'n Roll 2005 – Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man World 3 2005 – Nintendo GameCube,Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man World Rally 2005 - Nintendo GameCube.)
Pac-Man Party 2010 – Wii, Nintendo DS.)
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures Wii U And 3DS Coming Soon Fall 2013.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pac-Man Collection 2001 – Game Boy Advance.)
Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions-2011 – Nintendo 3DS included are the original Pac-Man, Pac-Man Championship Edition, and Pac-Man Tilt (a game that's new to this compilation). The collection also includes three games in the Galaga series.
Namco Museum 64 1999 – Nintendo 64.)
Namco Museum: 50th Anniversary 2005 – GameCube, Game Boy Advance.)
Namco Museum Remix 2007 – Wii.)
Namco Museum DS 2007 – Nintendo DS.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Racing game's developed jointly by Namco and Nintendo,Includes Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, and Blinky as playable characters.
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2005 – Arcade.)
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 2007 – Arcade.)
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX 2013 – Arcade.)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
So, what do y'all think could have been done to make Pac-man's 3D design better and less creepy?

I just can't really think of anything... I mean, there are places where it seems they went wrong.
-Eyebrows look like a strange combination of angry and aroused.
-The nose is offputting...
-These features combined with the giant grin from a maw usually used to engulf his foes.

I was just reminded of how much I love this image, though.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Angry and aroused? Oh god.....
Ayuppp.
Cover up the mouth then the eyebrows are clearly those of a murderer. If you show the sleazy grin, he's drunkenly hitting on girls at a club. Neither's really a winner when he's probably supposed to come off as just happy.

At least they made his nose a liiiiiittle less phallic than the one that his design originally had.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, what do y'all think could have been done to make Pac-man's 3D design better and less creepy?

I just can't really think of anything... I mean, there are places where it seems they went wrong.
-These features combined with the giant grin from a maw usually used to engulf his foes.

That's an awesome image. Do you know where to find it with better quality though?

Edit: I found it by googling "Spaceman Pacman"

Sponge

Smash Journeyman

I think you're missing the point a tad.

Pac-Man's new design is just fine. It's the direction Pac-Man is going that I don't like.

Pac-Man and co. look fine in Pac-Man Party and Pac-Man Tilt. The central story for both is rather simple as it only follows either doing minigames or platforming and eating ghosts.

This new Pac-Man game however is following the TV show that will be hitting Disney XD. While all the characters have the same designs, the way they're animated and how the story goes is a whole lot different. It's in my own opinion, rather cheesy, and in a bad way.

volbound1700

Smash Master
It does look like it is going for the under 5 crowd. Then again some people say that is Nintendo's goal as well so perhaps they are a match made in heaven.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I think you're missing the point a tad.

Pac-Man's new design is just fine. It's the direction Pac-Man is going that I don't like.
Well, his current character design and his current game direction are two separate issues, not sure how I'm missing the point. It's cool that you are fine with his current design though, but I do think a lot of people feel negatively about it.

I guess, in short, the original arcade Pac-man is a lot more iconic than his current incarnation and Namco's having trouble figuring out how to use him properly.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Well, his current character design and his current game direction are two separate issues, not sure how I'm missing the point. It's cool that you are fine with his current design though, but I do think a lot of people feel negatively about it.

I guess, in short, the original arcade Pac-man is a lot more iconic than his current incarnation and Namco's having trouble figuring out how to use him properly.
I was just making a suggestion that Pac-man really doesn't need a better 3D design as he does better direction. I feel as if his newer design is a step in the right direction, but I'm really not found of what the show is trying to do.

I will agree with you that OG Pac-man is the best and most iconic.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I was just making a suggestion that Pac-man really doesn't need a better 3D design as he does better direction. I feel as if his newer design is a step in the right direction, but I'm really not found of what the show is trying to do.

I will agree with you that OG Pac-man is the best and most iconic.
Gotcha, I was just confused by you saying I was missing the point. I think the confusion is just that it seemed like I was going off of the conversation about his new game when I was mostly making a new point. Anyway, no matter.

If you feel like his newer design is a step in the right direction, what do you think the next step is? I have to say, I just showed my girlfriend his current design and her response was "Oh god, that's Pac-man?"

Oh mannn. I'm watching the TV show preview right now... It is patently bizarre to hear Pac-man with a voice, let alone THAT voice... I mean, he's Pac-MAN, not Pac-boy.

But at least he looks a little less creepy animated than he does in still shots.

Edit: Wait, is the show about Pac-Man's kid? Who also happens to be named Pac-man? I'm not sure I get the way the Pac-world works...

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Oh mannn. I'm watching the TV show preview right now... It is patently bizarre to hear Pac-man with a voice, let alone THAT voice... I mean, he's Pac-MAN, not Pac-boy.

But at least he looks a little less creepy animated than he does in still shots.
To be fare, the cartoon takes place back when Pac-Man was still in school.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Whoa man, have any of you ever looked up Pac-man on deviantart? I wanted to find a re-design that I liked, but...

They.
Are.
TERRIFYING (awesome).

I would've just posted the images here, but they're a bit too creepy to post here. :p

I do actually like the concept of him without the nose and arms, though.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I can honestly see Pac-man in smash now. But is it bad that the way i picture him is basically Pac-Man getting beat up by Mario? lol

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
It really could be completely epic. Even if I'd rather see him without arms, legs, eyebrows, and nose.

D

Deleted member

If we're going to have Pac-Man, I'd rather have the 3-D design he had in the Pac-Man World games. Not a big fan of his TV show (and the upcoming game) design.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'd prefer his old design also. But chances are that we'll get New Pac-Man. However, that doesn't mean Classic can't be a type of alt.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'd prefer his old design also. But chances are that we'll get New Pac-Man. However, that doesn't mean Classic can't be a type of alt.
I'm not sure if they'll be able to swing Classic as an alt... if he's given arms and legs, he'll be using his limbs to fight. The closest thing I can imagine is getting rid of his actual limbs and leaving hands and feet (Like Meta Knight) and simplifying his facial features.

I like imagining him not as someone who even talks but as a mindless creature that cheerfully consumes everything he can.

Like, um, here! I cannibalized Alien Hominid.​

Can't you just imagine him happily chasing down various fruits and ghosts and gleefully eating them?

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
A new Pac Man game for the Wii U and 3DS was confirmed today. It's based on the upcoming cartoon and promised to have some nostalgic gameplay. Do any of you think that's a good sign at all?

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/05/1...hostly-adventures-for-wii-u-and-3ds/#comments
I'm super excited! I think it is a good sign things are looking good for Pac-Man,The video said that Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures Wii U is set to come out this fall 2013.

I'm starting to like the newer version of him.

Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures Model.
Pac-Man Party Model.
Pac-Man World Model.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah I'm not a fan of Pac-Man's newest design, but chances are pretty high that's what Namco is going to want to go with. His new eyes creep me out.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I believe this thread would greatly benefit from a Counterargument section.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Too bad that the OP hasn't been around to make changes. Maybe this thread can receive the same treatment as the Mega Man thread.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm super excited! I think it is a good sign things are looking good for Pac-Man,The video said that Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures Wii U is set to come out this fall 2013.

I mean, he kind of looks like he's grinning madly at a girl at a club while making creepy body motions.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, though:
I was wondering about the cartoon design. What do you guys think is up with the circles where his limbs meet his body? Do you think it's implied that every Pac character is some sort of ratcheted together robot?

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I mean, he kind of looks like he's grinning madly at a girl at a club while making creepy body motions.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, though:
I was wondering about the cartoon design. What do you guys think is up with the circles where his limbs meet his body? Do you think it's implied that every Pac character is some sort of ratcheted together robot?
Lol I agree,And yeas iv been thinking that hes like a detachable robot..his newer version makes him look like a toy.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Pac-Man Party model>>>>>>Pac-Man and The Ghostly Adventures model at not being creepy.

Oh and heres the Pac-Man Tilt model. (This is the best one. It has the original design's gloves and the new ones shoes.)

I'll post a picture of the Brawl hacks version also. THIS is the design they should use.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Eh, I'm not interested in the new cartoon. Just seems like standard 5 and under fair. I can't stand the boyish voice either. I know he's supposed to be a kid in the new show, but his name is Pac-Man. I'm guess I'm just used to him being a husband and father, and having Marty Ingels' rough, raspy, chain-smoker voice. They should've just rebooted the Hanna-Barbera cartoon. Or heck, use the H-B/Pac-Land design for Smash.

I don't mind his newer design, though. It actually looks more "retro" than his World design, if that makes sense. Those shoes and gloves just scream "80s" and "arcade" to me.

D

Deleted member

Pac-Man Ghostly Adventures Model.
Pac-Man Party Model.
Pac-Man World Model.
His Ghostly Adventure model does look pretty bad. It makes him look like a creepy robot. Party or World design would work better as he at least looks like his own character.

Onto the game announcement, I don't think it affects his chance. Pac-Man getting a new game is not surprising and considering that the roster should have been decided by now, I don't think Sakurai will take a look at this game and say "Pac-Man should be added because of this one game!". I don't think recentness means anything when it comes to non-recurring franchise like this.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
True. I never really saw it as a thing to increase his chances anyway. I also think that the Party/Tilt would be the best choice. It uses the new design and it has elements of World's design in it. (Prime example: the gloves)

And i feel stupid now because I just realized Party and Tilt's models are the same. Lol

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Yeah...I like the Party/Tilt model, but the Ghostly Adventure model really creeps me out, despite them being the same design at the core. The nose and hands are massive, while the eyes are a bit smaller. And those teeth...

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
While on the topic of Pac's creepy look.

I think he looks way less creppy and cuter without a nose.

A) looks a little weird without a nose because it was harder to get the coloring right on a 3D image.
Emoticon for SSB4! :estatic:

If they changed his design to more like C) with or without the nose I'd be alot happier. He doesn't look creepy at all there.

Top Bottom