• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I may get flamed for this post but I will say that I feel there is evidence of Pac-Man being in Smashed based on a comment by Miyamoto.

Before Brawl, Miyamoto made a comment about Sonic stating that "Sonic the Hedgehog would be a great addition to Smash." or something to that affect. It was several months after that we got the trailer and announcement on Dojo.

Miyamoto has recently stated something of the affect that "Pac-Man is his favorite all-time video game character."

To some this maybe a coincidence and not related but it is worth noting to me.
I think he would really want to, and with Namco Bandai next door, this is superduper possible.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's something but to put it in perspective. This isn't like getting a job at the peanut factory is a sure thing because your dad is the foreman, this is getting a job i slightly more likely because your dad is a packer and but a good word in for you.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Well, Pac-Man is following a similar route to 3rd party inclusion, so I believe this might be Tekken's first priority character since tekken characters wouldn't fit. (And Lloyd is more Hype than he's worth.)

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Does anyone else get tuPac songs stuck in their head whenever they come into this thread?
Pac pac run with us run with us run with us pac pac run with us pac and rip with thug *gun shot, gun shot*. :reverse:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Pac-Man is one of the most recognized icons in gaming and Pac-Man was the most profitable arcade game ever. I would say he at least has to draw some attention.

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
Here's my Pac-Man stage idea. Take the borders and ghost box and sink them into the background, like the bottom of of 75m. You get a playfield that looks like this:

An alternate is to only use half and cut off at the ghost box.

I love the Power Pellet Final Smash idea. For his up special, I think he should turn into his pixelated form and have free-movement for a few seconds. He starts going up, but if you press left, right, or down, he goes in those directions as well just like in the classic game.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Even if much of his moveset is based on the World games, I still think that any stage Pac-Man brings with him should be based on his arcade series. None of the locations of his 3D games are really notable or recognizable. Pac-Village itself is rather generic. It's the maze people know Pac-Man for.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Even if much of his moveset is based on the World games, I still think that any stage Pac-Man brings with him should be based on his arcade series. None of the locations of his 3D games are really notable or recognizable. Pac-Village itself is rather generic. It's the maze people know Pac-Man for.
I agree if he brings any stage with him it needs to be iconic and memorable..Pac-Village is a little generic.

Love the Music 8-peacock-8.!:)

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
True, but lets make a stage that doesn't end up like 75m. That stage is annoying

volbound1700

Smash Master
Pac-Man stage would be very hard to do without it becoming annoying. I made a maze level on custom stages for Brawl and everyone hated it. Plus characters could easily get to 999% without being KOed.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Pac-Man stage would be very hard to do without it becoming annoying. I made a maze level on custom stages for Brawl and everyone hated it. Plus characters could easily get to 999% without being KOed.
Stage builder isn't in the same level of quality as the actual stages. So i wouldn't use that as a comparison because the stages would have more detail and attention to them.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah but problem with maze stages is that the walls stop you from being KOed. I can even use this to a degree in Hyrule Temple stage hiding in the bottom area or area between it and get to 300% easily while avoiding KOs. A maze stage works a lot worse. What we will likely get is some platforms with the maze background and perhaps Pac-man enemies and items coming in and hitting us gimickly. Something like Delfino Plaza stage where the background is great but you really don't interact with it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yeah but problem with maze stages is that the walls stop you from being KOed. I can even use this to a degree in Hyrule Temple stage hiding in the bottom area or area between it and get to 300% easily while avoiding KOs. A maze stage works a lot worse. What we will likely get is some platforms with the maze background and perhaps Pac-man enemies and items coming in and hitting us gimickly. Something like Delfino Plaza stage where the background is great but you really don't interact with it.
The maze can easily be one of those changing stages like Dalfino in Brawl or Mute City in Melee.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Maybe the stage can change to different mazes, similar to how they did in Pac-Man Champion Edition.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The idea is for the stage to change locations during battle. (like Dalfino in Brawl lol)

[collapse=Pac-Man stage]

[/collapse]

volbound1700

Smash Master
I want SSE to be more like the Melee Adventure mode in that it represents stages, enemies, themes, etc. with the actual game series in Smash.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I think for the actual stage, i think there should be a hidden version based on the championship edition's neon lights maze. (It could be accessed the same way as the Underground level on Mushroomy Kingdom.)

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
The changing stages like Dalfino idea is a great idea,The stage could switch to his most recognized maze's.

And they could make it look like your playing an arcade while the stage is switching levels.

Like they did with flat zone in brawl.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One idea could be the stage scrolling around in different directions, but always to make sure that only 2 sides are walled off at any time.

Top Bottom