• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
>Gamefaqs
Didn't care anymore. But I read the thread anyway and I feel like a bunch of brain cells died from that terrible troll/joke thread.

D

Deleted member

Word of advice to those out of the know:

When you see a ViewtifulGene thread, and what he is saying in the first post sounds "stupid" and "wrong", it's satire used to mock a certain demograph. This topic happens to be mocking the arguments of the anti-Pac-Man people.

It should be especially obvious that he's saying the opposite of what's true on purpose.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You guys thought the OP was stupid? I thought it was pretty good satire of the mostly poor arguments Pac-Man haters make.
I don't think it was meant to be a satire.

EDIT:
Oh. Nevermind.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Eh, I realised rather quickly that he was being sarcastic.
LOL I knew he was from first sentence about message board. I also loved the spin on Sonic and Miyamoto haha. Sums it haters perfectly.

I still want Pac-Man in the game and I think he would be a fun character. Prefer Megaman more

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I fell for it because I've seen much dumber things posted of game faqs before. From past experience I was under the impression that was about the average intelligence of a game FAQ user. I avoid that site like the plague these days.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Well now I feel like an idiot...XD. There were so many hints that he was meaning the opposite (ex. Lloyd and the ghostly adventures, Lloyd is Namco's mascot) But I was furious and I posted it to find out if it was trolling or not by you guys' responses.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I posted a Pac-Man Moveset on the first page but it got no attention. Here's a tweaked one, can you tell me if it's any good?

Size: Smaller Body than Kirby but taller thanks to his legs.
Weight: Heavy for his small size

B- Pac-Chomp: Pac-Man walks forward while Chomping the air. If it grabs the foe then it is similar to Wario's but with more potential bites and a worse throw.
B Side- Pac' n Roll: Pac Man rolls forwards a few times to damage the opponent and aid recovery. (Reference to obscure DS game)
B Up- Pac-Charge: Pac-Man charges up and body slams in the direction the stick is facing.
B Down- Power Pellet: Pac-Man chows down a Power up and his opponents glow Blue/Team colour. Reverses the Pac-Chomp's properties by making it less damaging but greater knockback. Pac-Man also gains a small (5-15%) measure of Knockback resistance. Effect lasts 5 seconds, eating animation can be interrupted.

FINAL SMASH: GHOST ATTACK
The Ghosts (Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde) appear and float around the screen in a similar pattern to the original Pac-Man game. Namely, Blinky Charges opponents, Pinky goes around the back to catch foes off guard, Inky follows Blinky's lead and Clyde stubles around cluelessly.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I posted a Pac-Man Moveset on the first page but it got no attention. Here's a tweaked one, can you tell me if it's any good?
cool! but more people probably saw mine since I posted a full one based on the popular world series, which is where most of his moves came from.

B- Electro-Shock pellet- pac-man uses the electro shock pellet to shoot electrical beams at opponents in the form of a projectile. (7% each)
From Pac-Man world 3

Side B: Rev Roll- Pac-Man charges up a run in place and like Ike's side B, you are fully charged after about 3 seconds and you roll into the opponent after you release B. Has decent knockback like Ike's side B. But, like in pacman world 2 opponents running at pac-man while Pac-Man rolls toward them, is not only blasted away with high knock back, but dazed for 3 seconds as if they were hit with a deku nut. (Does 17% if fully charged.) From Pac-Man world 2

Down B: Butt Bounce- Pac-Man jumps up and bounces back down with his...Butt. Can be use 3 times in a row after the first bounce. Meteor smashes in mid-air, 3rd hit pushes opponent away like toon link's d-air. Can be moved side to side across the whole stage. (1st hit does 9%, 2nd does 10%, and 3rd does 13%. ) From Pac-Man world 2

Up B: Red Pac-Dot- Pac-Man throws out a red pac dot and eats it. When he does a line of pac-dots form in mid air. You can control where the pac-dots turn. It can also latch onto the stage. Pac-Man eats the dots as fast as a fire fox's speed. Opponents can be hurt if they touch Pac-Man's mouth while eating. From Pac-Man world 2

Forward smash- Chomp: I believe this should be his smash instead of B move so hat way, we keep the iconic chomp, and give Pac-Man a useful projectile. also, it protects from having to give him a boring punch. (18% uncharged 28% fully charged.) very high knockback. From original pac-man

Up Smash- Uppercut:

do I even need words to explain this iconic jump? jumps up like Sonic's up-smash but does an uppercut instead. (12% uncharged 22% fully charged.) average knockback. from world series

Down Smash-Pellet Wave: This was hard, but I finally got it. Pac-Man hits the ground and a small circle of pellets waves around him that do damage on contact. It might sound lame,(or creative in my eyes) but it was hard to make. cut me some slack. ;) (14% uncharged 18% fully charged.) average knockback. From...my imagination

Final Smash: Pac-Man turns retro and huge while everyone turns blue, if pac-man comes in contact with anyone, they die immediately.

AAA: Pac-man throws a left hook, right hook, then a jab that sends out a small shock wave in front of him. (4%, 6%, then 9%.)
example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UFMBujNRfs 5:12 - 5:15. From Pac-Man world 3

U-air: Pac-Man does a flip kick with skates on and does slicing damage, like a blade. (does 12%)From Pac-man world 2.

D-air: Pac-Man does a swinging punch underneath him, like marth's down air only with a fist instead of blade. (does 13%) Meteor smashes.

F-air- Pac-man takes both fists and smashez opponents. Acts like ike's(it doesn't meteor smash) 11% damage.

B-air - Pac-man does a backwards roundhouse kick like fox. (10% damage)

N-air - pac-man spins around in a circle and hurts opponents. I lost ideas for this one XD. (does 6% on first hit, 1% on any other frame but the first.)

F-tilt - pac man does a simple front kick (7%)

U-tilt.- pac man does a small headbutt upwards. Can juggle. ( 8%)

D-tilt - pacman does two floor kicks.( 4% first, 3% second)

Z- air - pac man uses his grapple from the old pac man 2 game. Only the tip does damage (5%)

F- throw - pacman throws opponent up and elbows them forward. (does 9%)

D-throw- pacman throws opponent down and hammers thwm with his hammer from pacman 2. (does 12 damage) does no knockback like mr.g&w's down throw.

U-throw - pacman throws opponent up and flip kicks them (8% damage)

B-throw- pacman tosses opponent in a backwards overhead toss (10% damage)

up- taunt - pacman looks around amazed like in pac man world 2

Down taunt- pacman's eyes turn to x's and he spins around and fall. Pacman death music plays. Death animation in the world series.

Side-taunt- pacman throws and kicks a pac dot around like a soccer ball then eats it. From pacman world series.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i highly doubt Pac-Man would use Electro-Shock. it's like if Mario used the ice ball in the next smash. yeah it exists in his game but it feels really odd to have that in his moveset. it just doesnt sit well with me u know

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I still think they should change Wario's neutral special and give Pac-Man the bite attack as a neutral special.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Chomp: Like Toad waaaaaay back when I started this project, Chomp requires Wario to change his standard special (or they could just have to same one) due to a cool little idea I had a while ago (and will hopefully draw at come point.) It works pretty much the same way.

Rev Roll: What is this, Sonic the Hedgehog? This little manoeuvre is just like Yoshi's Egg Roll, or possibly Jigglypuff's Rollout. It involves rolling, is what I'm saying.
Dot Chain: For this move you don't actually control Pac himself, but a chain of dots which he follows. They begin by moving upwards but you can control them - only at right angles - until they run out, seven to ten of them, I'm thinking.

Butt Bounce: What is this, Super Mario? Not unlike the Yoshi Bomb and Bowser Bomb, but Pac-Man actually bounces, allowing the chance to chain them. I know some of these moves are a bit straightforward and/or derivative but I think it makes for a simple, accessible moveset.

Power Pellet: Throwing a glowing orb down his gullet (?) causes Pac-Man to grow to several times his size, lose his limbs and features and go back to that classic cheese/pizza/trivial pursuit shape everybody knows him for. Fully controllable but again only at right angles, Pac has to chase down his opponents in an effort to eat them. Not sure which is more balanced, biting them for big damage (a la Ultimate Chimera) or swallowing them for and instant knock out (a la Balloon Fight Fish) but either way maybe your enemies will turn blue for this technique?

By Professor Fandango @ DevientArt
http://professorfandango.deviantart.com/art/SMASH-Pacman-352445010?q=gallery%3Aprofessorfandango%2F341752&qo=37

volbound1700

Smash Master
Wario can keep his chomp and Pac-Man can have a chomp as well. I mean you have multiple characters with punches and stab moves. Pac-Man's chomp wouldn't be quite the same but even if it is a cloned move, it wouldn't mean Pac-Man and Wario would be clones of each other.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
i highly doubt Pac-Man would use Electro-Shock. it's like if Mario used the ice ball in the next smash. yeah it exists in his game but it feels really odd to have that in his moveset. it just doesnt sit well with me u know
True, it is a little awkward but I wanted to include it because its a projectile, a unique one at that, but throwing a pellet from pacman world would work well too. I just don't want him to have no projectile and a B move that needs direct contact because usually a character without a projectile or longer range(besides meta knight) usually ends up low or mid tier.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
You guys think Pac-Man Tilt would make a good reference for a stage in Smash 4?

[/QUOTE]

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Pac-Man Tilt is too hype for hardcore players if it became a stage.

EDIT: But yes, i want a Pac-Man Tilt level.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think I got some unique ways Pac-Man can use his pellets without much awkwardness:

B- Pellet Plant: Pac-Man plants a pellet in the air immobile. Pac-Man can place up to ten of these pellets around the stage. These pellets will be used for his other special moves. Hold the B-Button, to plant more pellets in the air while still. He can still plant pellets when knocked back. The pellets, however have a life bar, and can only survive up to two hits.

B-Up- Pac-Trail: Pac-Man follows the pellets he planted in the air. This allows for some interesting strategies for Pac-Man to do. For example, if he were to create a swirly pattern of pellets he would follow the pellets in the whirly fashion. He follows the pellets that are near him. If Pac-Man doesn't have a pellet near him in a certain distance, he will fall helplessly.

B-Side- Pac-Pellet Row Throw: Pac-Man throws five pellets in a straight line in any direction to make a straight row of pellets. This allows for some rush recoveries, or maybe some immediate attacks.

B-Down- Pac-Magnet: Pac-Man whistles to collect pellets he planted that are near him. This allows for some replanning.

I think we obviously know what the Final Smash Pac-Man would have, so I don't really have to explain it.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I think I got some unique ways Pac-Man can use his pellets without much awkwardness:

B- Pellet Plant: Pac-Man plants a pellet in the air immobile. Pac-Man can place up to ten of these pellets around the stage. These pellets will be used for his other special moves. Hold the B-Button, to plant more pellets in the air while still. He can still plant pellets when knocked back. The pellets, however have a life bar, and can only survive up to two hits.

B-Up- Pac-Trail: Pac-Man follows the pellets he planted in the air. This allows for some interesting strategies for Pac-Man to do. For example, if he were to create a swirly pattern of pellets he would follow the pellets in the whirly fashion. He follows the pellets that are near him. If Pac-Man doesn't have a pellet near him in a certain distance, he will fall helplessly.

B-Side- Pac-Pellet Row Throw: Pac-Man throws five pellets in a straight line in any direction to make a straight row of pellets. This allows for some rush recoveries, or maybe some immediate attacks.

B-Down- Pac-Magnet: Pac-Man whistles to collect pellets he planted that are near him. This allows for some replanning.

I think we obviously know what the Final Smash Pac-Man would have, so I don't really have to explain it.
pretty cool I suppose ,but It doesn't come from any of his games, and actually, it seems like he's more of a gardener than a fighter with that moveset XD.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
HIs only main goal in the actual original first game involved only pellets and ghosts and fruits. So it gives an arcady feeling when he makes a path of pac-dots.
Plus chomping people for a special move feels pretty weird to me and boring.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
HIs only main goal in the actual original first game involved only pellets and ghosts and fruits. So it gives an arcady feeling when he makes a path of pac-dots.
Plus chomping people for a special move feels pretty weird to me and boring.
Well we agree on the fact that a chomp for a special is boring. That's why I wanted a pellet toss or electro shock to be his special, a projectile of some sort. But, I don't want a moveset based on the arcade because that was the 2d pacman, we need a moveset based on recent appearances in his 3D form. A 2D moveset in a 3D age(plus there is much more moveset potential in the 3D games) is kind of rediculous. Also, it would make pacman boring if we gave him moves from one game, just look at another retro character, Mr.game and watch. What if we gave mr.G&W a moveset from only spitball sparky, it would be fatuous. Pacman should have a movset based on most of his 3D games(pacman world series, pacman 2, a costume from pacman par.ty, look from the original 3D pacman) IMO of course :-)

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Well I think you got a good point, but mostly everyone knows Pac-Man as an eater rather than a shocker.
Sonic is known for his speed, he has some speed based special moves that fit his characteristics. Pac-Man should be known for his eating too.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
well just because his B move is an electro shock doesn't mean he's only a shocker. That's like saying mario is a fireball thrower instead of the jumper he's known for, or that link is a bowman instead of a swordsman. Just because they have power ups or abilities as B move doesn't mean there known as only that. Also, him as ONLY an eater is boring, you gotta incorporate other moves from his game, like mario didn't only jump and samus didn't only shoot. BTW your moveset for him involved more pellets than any real moves he has from his games. If that was in the game, people would never be able to find the reference from other games. Imagi.e if megaman was in the new game and only shot lasers like in his first game, we would die of boredom.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I'm gonna say Electro Shock is a stupid move for a projectile, and unnecessary. a character doesnt need a projectile to be effective in Smash.characters like Meta Knight, Marth, DK, Capt. Falcon etc. do just fine without them. and even if he needed a projectile then why not give him something not so obscure. like a simple pellet shoot. giving him Electro Shock is like putting Grass Knot in Pikachu's moveset. yeah he can learn it, but it would be very awkwardly placed and very few people would understand why he's even doing that

D

Deleted member

Since I can't directly quote the list I made of what Pac-Man is capable of since the Roster Discussion Thread is closed, I'll just copy and paste the list here in quote tags.
Me said:
In total, he's got:
Chomp
Pac-Dot Shoot (Shoots a Pac-Dot from his palm)
Super Pac-Dot Shoot (Spins around while shooting 10 Pac-Dots)
Butt Bounce
Triple Butt Bounce (An increasingly stronger Butt Bounce that causes a shockwave upon the final bounce)
Rev Roll
Flip Kick
Steel Body (Pointless in Smash due to Metal Box)
Tiny Pac (Pointless in Smash due to Poison Mushroom)
Red Ribbon Attack
Electro-Shock
Fly Dots (Pac-Man eats a trail of these in a path; possible recovery move)
Magic Boots (These grant Pac-Man infinite jumps in Pac-Land; possible recovery move)
Power Pellets
Super Pac-Man (A power up in the game with the same name, this made Pac-Man larger, invulnerable, and gave him a Super Speed power with the Super Speed button held down; possible Final Smash material)
Magic Wand (A power up in Pac-Man Arrangement that turned the ghosts into edible presents; unlike the Power Pellet, once eaten, they will remain as floating eyeballs where there were eaten until the power up wears off or he eats them all)
Slingshot (How the player interacts with Pac-Man in Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures; the player does not control Pac-Man himself)
Pellet Gun (Similar to the Pac-Dot Shoot, this fires Pac-Dots at enemies; from Pac-In-Time when Pac-Man jumps through a Yellow Ring)
Rope Swing (Think Spider-Man as Pac-Man spawns a rope on a ceiling to swing from; from Pac-In-Time when Pac-Man jumps through a Green Ring)
Hammer Attack (from Pac-In-Time when Pac-Man jumps through a Red Ring)
Bubble Jet (An attack used to attack underwater enemies in Pac-In-Time, only available when Pac-Man jumps through a Blue Ring, which allows him to swim)
Sonic Ray (One of the multiple attacks used to stun the ghosts in Pac and Pal after eating a Galaxian flagship)
Exhaust Smoke (One of the multiple attacks used to stun the ghosts in Pac and Pal after eating a Rally-X car)
Music Notes (One of the multiple attacks used to stun the ghosts in Pac and Pal after eating a trumpet)
Ice Breath (One of the multiple attacks used to stun the ghosts in Pac and Pal after eating a snowman)
Mini Pac-Men (One of the multiple attacks used to stun the ghosts in Pac and Pal after eating a little Pac-Man)

And there's probably more I'm missing. But anyone that says Pac-Man doesn't have potential clearly has not done their research.
One of my plans is to make a Pac-Man moveset that isn't just the same four moves using things from this list (but not everything).

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
True, a pellet would make more sense.
I'm gonna say Electro Shock is a stupid move for a projectile, and unnecessary. a character doesnt need a projectile to be effective in Smash.characters like Meta Knight, Marth, DK, Capt. Falcon etc. do just fine without them. and even if he needed a projectile then why not give him something not so obscure. like a simple pellet shoot. giving him Electro Shock is like putting Grass Knot in Pikachu's moveset. yeah he can learn it, but it would be very awkwardly placed and very few people would understand why he's even doing that
Wow, Dang...You don't sugarcoat your opinion do you XD. No need to get hasty, I just thought it would look cool, but a pellet would be more recognizable and make more sense. But, captain falcon IS pretty close range characters and gets ruined by characters with range, but DK has moves that reach long so he isn't one of the characters I would say needs a projectile. BTW what would YOU want for a B move, please don't say a chomp, that can easily be a smash move.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
yeah i know i said that earlier. its still very much the same situation. i know that sounded harsh, i didnt know how else to say it lol. well i do think chomp is the best option. but if he needs a projectile than pellet shoot is ur best bet. recognizeable and simple

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
well Pikachu did have skull bash as a move. I don't know what sakurai was smoking XD

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Fireball was a move because it's his popularly known power, unlike a shock.
Is everyone against the electro shock? XD Geez, you put one move and everyone says its not iconic. Neither was bowser side B but I just wanted a projectile. As it already said, a pellet toss would also be cool, but not as an entire moveset. He has SO much more moveset potential. Just check goldenyamitsu's post on possible moves for pacman from his games.

Top Bottom