• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You missed the pun.
^
Derp

The thing is, 'amaze' is a word in and of itself, and it looks like it was spelled wrong when the 'ing' was added...it's kind of funny now that I see it, but it made me avoid it when I first came onto the site. Is there any way that we could change the title to "Pac-Man's A'maze'ing Full-Colour Fan club"?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have been here since December but thought it was a mistake until now. *shrugs*

D

Deleted member

Guys, if you didn't get it at first and had to think about it, the pun is good.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm a Pac supporter too which is why I don't want us to appear that way.
I'm sorry, then. So, in a corrected form, it should be: "...currently makes Pac-Man supporters look mentally-challenged to onlookers."? The phrasing made me interpret it to be "just goes to show that Pac-Man supporters are mentally-challenged" in reference to not getting the joke/pun.

volbound1700

Smash Master
It may not have been in this board but someone debated using Pac-Man's 3D image vs. his 2D image. While I think we will use the 3D image, a response was the 2D format would be impossible but I laughed when I heard that and thought of Mr. Game & Watch.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Pac-Man has appeared in more games with a 3D model than with a limbless 2D "model" and I don't recall Mega Man ever having a 3D model... so how would that make any sense?

Sakurai should do it exactly the way he did Mega Man. Give him his 3D model and make his movements and attacks resemble his classic counterpart.

D

Deleted member

I agree that he should have a 3D model, though the 2D model could be used for his final smash. That'd make a lot of sense.

D

Deleted member

I updated the title, for all who care.

I've been considering making a full-blown Make Your Move set for posterity's sake. But I'm not as knowledgeable about the world of Pac as some of you are, any ideas that haven't already been put in the OP?

D

Deleted member

I think what he meant was that it would resemble the classic version, but not directly replicate it if it doesn't make sense.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I updated the title, for all who care.

I've been considering making a full-blown Make Your Move set for posterity's sake. But I'm not as knowledgeable about the world of Pac as some of you are, any ideas that haven't already been put in the OP?
I haven't seen anyone pull from Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures. A prominent part of that game was the hang-glider that Pac-Man could use. Maybe it could be incorporated as a glide?

1983parrothead

Smash Cadet
He chomps................................that's it? What about moves from other Pac-Man titles like Pac-Land?

D

Deleted member

Pellets could be a bit odd only because he never actually places them down himself, as far as I know. It's best not to break the series logic when making sets.

D

Deleted member

I'm not big on the 3D Pac-Man games, to tell you all the truth. I may go look them up sometime to see what I missed.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I just watched Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures for the first time and it is truly an embarrassment to Pac-Man's legacy. Namco should be ashamed for allowing it. It honestly isn't even a good fit for Disney XD, it feels more like a poorly designed, early Jimmy Neutron.

That said, I actually like his Pac-Man Party design, as well as his SF x Tekken design, but I swear if they even dare use that dorky, creepy looking Ghostly Adventures design I will rage.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I just watched Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures for the first time and it is truly an embarrassment to Pac-Man's legacy. Namco should be ashamed for allowing it. It honestly isn't even a good fit for Disney XD, it feels more like a poorly designed, early Jimmy Neutron.

That said, I actually like his Pac-Man Party design, as well as his SF x Tekken design, but I swear if they even dare use that dorky, creepy looking Ghostly Adventures design I will rage.
Imagine if the new Pac-Man game becomes one of the Wii U's killer apps.... lol. I looked into the game because I love 3d platformers, but do not have any experience with Pac-Man except for the classic game. Regardless, I think Pac-Man will be in the next smash and would definitely enjoy playing as him.

D

Deleted member

Classic's the way to go. The new design is far from iconic and Sakurai has the final say on these things, I think Namco would love for any version of Pac-Man to be in this game.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
No Power Pellet is commonly said for a final smash.
Well that's only because no one can think of something better. The Power pellet idea being common means nothing as it's just fan speculation, the Mokujin Mecha is better IMO because it would also represent the Tekken franchise. Also, it's just an idea you don't have to come straight out and "No", that was a little rude don't you think?

CalumG

Smash Lord
Well that's only because no one can think of something better. The Power pellet idea being common means nothing as it's just fan speculation, the Mokujin Mecha is better IMO because it would also represent the Tekken franchise. Also, it's just an idea you don't have to come straight out and "No", that was a little rude don't you think?
Because it's the most representative Final Smash for Pac-Man - I think it speaks volumes that nearly every fan has come to the same conclusion of what Pac-Man's Final Smash should be, often without actually discussing it with one another. I know for sure that months before I read any threads about Pac-Man's inclusion in Smash I thought a Power Pellet would be his most fitting Final Smash. It's iconic, simple as that. Pac-Man's Final Smash being anything other than the Power Pellet would be like Sonic's Final Smash being anything other than Super Sonic - there are probably alternatives that could be used but there's one very clear choice.

In the same vein, there are dozens of moves Pac-Man could take from his many ventures and spin-offs but I think for the sake of retaining the iconic aspects of the character, 90% of his moves will be, in some way or another based on his maze-based games, or generic biting, swallowing and rolling moves. Not unlike Sonic, who was visually his newest incarnation but still very much rooted in moves he's had since the Genesis/Saturn days.

Top Bottom