• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I played, and felt the exactly same when I saw this! XD... well, .. I guess that isn't impossible a reference of Adventures in Time; since NAMCO is always putting some references in the show of all classic games here and there.
Seriously, though:

And the Indiana Pac one looks like it could easily split into four pieces, and that's what happens in Adventures in Time.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
in an utopian scenario, NAMCO and Nintendo would announce in the next ND, a Mario Kart Arcade GP Collection for Wii U, with extras and such! and after that, Iwata would say slowly as usual: "Speaking of NAMCO Bandai, and... Pockaman, we have another announce to make; please tak-a look!"

and then the Pac's trailer begins. *u*.. but well, back to reality, I can wait until the E3; =P

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
in an utopian scenario, NAMCO and Nintendo would announce in the next ND, a Mario Kart Arcade GP Collection for Wii U, with extras and such! and after that, Iwata would say slowly as usual: "Speaking of NAMCO Bandai, and... Pockaman, we have another announce to make; please tak-a look!"

and then the Pac's trailer begins. *u*.. but well, back to reality, I can wait until the E3; =P
I would die if they did the Arcade GP collection on Wii U. I liked World Rally better than normal Mario Kart, so I imagine I'd prefer the GP series better than traditional Mario Kart.

Honestly, I don't see them doing it, but that would be a dream come true. And that's not even getting into a Pac for Smash trailer.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I think that wouldn't be profitable for them (NAMCO Bandai), 'cause, if the games were on consoles, no one would play them on Arcades. =P.. but I'd buy a collection for Wii U, day one! It should even have some extras, as new characters, Cylindria and Betrayus? Diddy and Daisy?... and, seizing the opportunity, I just would like to express my preference for the art and visual of MKAGPDX over MK8; much better IMO. =P

... and hey, Pac-Man Museum is still for release on Wii U and 3DS, right?.. I didn't saw that on the "Release Dates" thread here.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
... and hey, Pac-Man Museum is still for release on Wii U and 3DS, right?.. I didn't saw that on the "Release Dates" thread here.
Yeah, the OP needs updating. It hasn't been changed since the summer.

And I agree. Arcade GP looks nicer than MK8 in many ways, though I do like MK8's excellent lighting. I haven't been too fond of the Mario Kart series since Double Dash, but the arcade games, from what I've played of them, are great. Very tight controls, making for some smooth driving. Can't say the same for Mario Kart Wii (I hate that game). MK7 was good, but lacking. I hope ROB returns in MK8. Wouldn't mind seeing Pac-Man sneak his way in there either.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
So,...took less time than I thought. XD... there you go, Pacster through the years:

some notes: obviously this doesn't include every Pac-Man interpretation,.. theres a lot of disc box-arts, bad localized box-arts from the Atari Games, etc, etc... but I picked these 'cause I thought them more relevant.
--and of course, I know that the first two are out of order, but I put the "International Artwork" first, 'cause he seems more a "early design", .. amh... a Pac-Fetus. XD XD..

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
So, my little brother got a Pac-Man Burger King toy...

...Let's just hope Pac-Man's potential is more unique than his toy line.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, random question guys...is Ghostly Adventures (the game) any good? I kinda want to try it just because I love Pac-Man so much. Has anyone here actually played it?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Hey, random question guys...is Ghostly Adventures (the game) any good? I kinda want to try it just because I love Pac-Man so much. Has anyone here actually played it?
We got that for Christmas... my 9-year old brothers's verdict is, and I quote:

"It's hard... and confusing. Can I play Wind Waker now?".

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I haven't played the game, but I've watched playthroughs. It's...unimpressive. Basically a cookie-cutter 3D platformer. Most, if not all, of the power-ups are blatant ripoffs of those seen in Mario Galaxy, and the platforming amounts to simple and uninspired patterns that seem to require no effort or provide for any challenge. It's definitely nothing like Pac-Man World. It really just looks like the RC Cola to Super Mario Galaxy's Coke to me.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Ouch.

I take it you share his sentiments?
I haven't played it yet, we got a whole bunch of Wii U games for christmas, and I've only played a few of them until our Wii U started having connectivity problems between the console and the GamePad. So, out of them, I haven't played Ghostly Adventures, Pikmin 3 or Scribblenauts Unmasked. But 3D World is pretty fun.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I haven't played the game, but I've watched playthroughs. It's...unimpressive. Basically a cookie-cutter 3D platformer. Most, if not all, of the power-ups are blatant ripoffs of those seen in Mario Galaxy, and the platforming amounts to simple and uninspired patterns that seem to require no effort or challenge. It's definitely nothing like Pac-Man World. It really just looks like the RC Cola to Super Mario Galaxy's Coke to me.
Yeah, that's what I was worried about.

I'm still hoping for the day that Nintendo buys Namco-Bandai and gives us decent Pac-Man games. If only.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Yeah, that's what I was worried about.

I'm still hoping for the day that Nintendo buys Namco-Bandai and gives us decent Pac-Man games. If only.
At least they're about even with one another. Nintendo made Pac-Man Vs., and Namco made the Mario Kart Arcade games, Star Fox Assault, the Donkey Konga games, SSB4, and put Link in SoulCalibur II. Hmm...on second though, maybe Nintendo should try and do something new with Pac-Man.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
At least they're about even with one another. Nintendo made Pac-Man Vs., and Namco made the Mario Kart Arcade games, Star Fox Assault, the Donkey Konga games, SSB4, and put Link in SoulCalibur II. Hmm...on second though, maybe Nintendo should try and do something new with Pac-Man.
Haha, now if only we could get that to actually happen. Too much of a dream.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
If it's wasn't for the lackluster results of the latest attempt of rebooting the franchise, more people would be willing to accept the idea of Pac-Man in Super Smash Bros.

_fiercedeity

Smash Apprentice
So,...took less time than I thought. XD... there you go, Pacster through the years:

some notes: obviously this doesn't include every Pac-Man interpretation,.. theres a lot of disc box-arts, bad localized box-arts from the Atari Games, etc, etc... but I picked these 'cause I thought them more relevant.
--and of course, I know that the first two are out of order, but I put the "International Artwork" first, 'cause he seems more a "early design", .. amh... a Pac-Fetus. XD XD..
Yeah, I definitely think his Party design is the best. The ghostly adventures one is just weird to me, especially with the Pinnocio nose he has.

I for one just hope he's in Smash. Like mentioned before, Mario vs. Sonic vs. Megaman vs. Pac-man is the ultimate dream fight :love:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes... something new like adding Pac-Man as a newcomer in Smash. ;)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I wouldnt mind if they used the voice actor from SFxT. I thoroughly enjoyed his voice there, though he didnt say much.
Agreed. That voice gives the character a lot of energy while giving him a largely ambiguous personality, which is something I think is good for this particular character. I'd like them to throw in some retro sound effects as well to round out his "voice".

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
Yeah, I definitely think his Party design is the best. The ghostly adventures one is just weird to me, especially with the Pinnocio nose he has.

I for one just hope he's in Smash. Like mentioned before, Mario vs. Sonic vs. Megaman vs. Pac-man is the ultimate dream fight :love:
Perfect trailer would be him and the other 3 icons battling or something

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
In other news, I got Pac-Man World Rally in the mail today. Good game. Definitely recommend if you enjoy Mario Kart and Pac-Man/Namco.
Agreed. I played the heck out of that game on my Gamecube back in the day. I played as Pacman, Pacman Jr, and Inky the most. It had great tracks and awesome music. I liked it way more than Double Dash. What's disappointing is that the PSP version had extra stuff: Two extra characters (Mappy and Mr. Driller), an extra race track named Subterranean Speedway (which is a Dig Dug track), and two extra battle courses.

Why does everyone forget Solid Snake?
I haven't forgotten about Snake... I just don't care for him. Of course he should (and probably will) return in Smash 4 cause he's really popular and deserves to be in... Plus I'm against cutting characters. Hopefully both Pacman and Snake will be in so we can all be happy, haha.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
For you Pac-Man World Rally fans, what's so great about the game, in regard to gameplay? Why do you prefer it to Double Dash? I'm genuinely curious, as I've never really been able to get into Mario Kart. I much prefer the Sonic & All-Stars Racing games. How does it control? From what I've read, the gameplay isn't that great, but the industry tends to stigmatize any kart racer that doesn't star Mario, so I'm not sure if the reviews I've seen are trustworthy.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
For you Pac-Man World Rally fans, what's so great about the game, in regard to gameplay? Why do you prefer it to Double Dash? I'm genuinely curious, as I've never really been able to get into Mario Kart. I much prefer the Sonic & All-Stars Racing games. How does it control? From what I've read, the gameplay isn't that great, but the industry tends to stigmatize any kart racer that doesn't star Mario, so I'm not sure if the reviews I've seen are trustworthy.
Well imo, the tracks in World Rally are way more creative and interesting than Double Dashes. As for the gameplay the framrate is great and I've never had issues with the controls. The AI were good too. I liked that on harder difficulties they took the shortcuts on the tracks. Don't get me wrong... I liked Double Dash but I enjoyed World Rally much more.
Oh but like you, the Sonic & All-Stars Racing racing games are my favorite racing games, haha. Basically Sonic All-Stars Racing > Pacman World Rally > Mario Kart imo.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Agreed. I played the heck out of that game on my Gamecube back in the day. I played as Pacman, Pacman Jr, and Inky the most. It had great tracks and awesome music. I liked it way more than Double Dash. What's disappointing is that the PSP version had extra stuff: Two extra characters (Mappy and Mr. Driller), an extra race track named Subterranean Speedway (which is a Dig Dug track), and two extra battle courses.

I haven't forgotten about Snake... I just don't care for him. Of course he should (and probably will) return in Smash 4 cause he's really popular and deserves to be in... Plus I'm against cutting characters. Hopefully both Pacman and Snake will be in so we can all be happy, haha.
Yeah, I know. I really want to try that out sometime, but I hardly even see PSPs around, so I don't know when I'd get the chance. I couldn't even find a picture of Mappy (who is amazing, btw) or Mr. Driller online.
I don't know why, but I prefer the overall way Rally plays. Just feels better than Mario Kart to me. Then again, having my all-time favorite characters in the game, I couldn't help but love it, so I might be biased. Then again, I may be the odd one out here, I don't know.

Also, little random, but why the heck wasn't Prof. Pac-Man in Rally? He would have been amazing. I mean, we got Jr., so why not the Professor?

_fiercedeity

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I know. I really want to try that out sometime, but I hardly even see PSPs around, so I don't know when I'd get the chance. I couldn't even find a picture of Mappy (who is amazing, btw) or Mr. Driller online.

I don't know why, but I prefer the overall way Rally plays. Just feels better than Mario Kart to me. Then again, having my all-time favorite characters in the game, I couldn't help but love it, so I might be biased. Then again, I may be the odd one out here, I don't know.

Also, little random, but why the heck wasn't Prof. Pac-Man in Rally? He would have been amazing. I mean, we got Jr., so why not the Professor?
I thought dig dug as a character was awesome :colorful:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm sure that Pac's AT will be, if not the Ghost Gang, one of his friends from G.A., Spiral or Cylindria (she's most likely, IMO).

btw, I find funny seeing some rumors talking about Ms. Pac-Man and such, since that NAMCO had scrapped her and other characters from the past; if we're luck, at least, we'll get some stickers from them.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope we don't get characters from Ghostly Adventures as Assist Trophies... Ms. Pac-Man or bust.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I don't really want any of them (but the Ghost Gang is a thing that I'd like), but I do expect for it. Having Pac as a playable character is enough for me, in any case.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, honestly, I'm not a fan of Pac-Man, and if I have to choose, I'd pick another guest, but if Pac-Man makes it (something I clearly can see happen), I hope the AT is the arcade ghosts, acting with their own algorithms from the arcade game. It could be fun.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think the B move needs to be bite related. That is the iconic thing he does.

B Bite: Pac-Man bites in a constant manner. While he is biting he could be moved in any of the four cardinal directions (even up into the air). Projectiles that hit his mouth will be eaten. Length of his movement and duration of his bites will depend on how long B is charged (held before executing the attack).

Top Bottom