• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Design is so important and a big part why he's just not popular anymore, believe it or not, is because of it. The design of the character is representative of a series as a whole. Modern Pacman doesn't have games that actually work with the mechanics of the original; he's trying to be Mario and kid-friendly, whilst shoving outdated references in your face. (He has bloody shoes with himself on them, wtf)

I recently had such a giant pulse of hatred for Pac's modern design, to the point where I made a quick redesign. Pacman never was for kids. He was for everyone the day he began existing. I thought Pac could do with a Rayman Origins treatment, where someone would actually bring some life into him. Letting go off the past would be such a relief for Pac. The Arcade Cabinet Pacman simply does not work anymore; that design was not perfect by a long shot. He doesn't look at all like the never-fulfilled hunger-driven ball that people envisioned him like, he has no character at all apart from "safely marketable"

The arcade cabinet look was fitting for the time being, but times move, and so should he.

Not really a fan.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Quoting this again because it deserves more attention. Seriously.
I would prefer a bit more World stuff, but it's cool.

The cherry bomb idea is especially interesting, because that was an item in Pac-Man World Rally (I love that game). It was basically a landmine in that game, and it could actually be used in SSB in a similar way. There were a couple of them that could actually be included in his moveset if they wanted to. They had the Banana Ram, Blueberry Blaster, Grape Grenades, the Pac-Dot Gun, the Sonic Bell, the Strawberry Striker, and the Watermelon Seed Spitter. They could be items as well.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Design is so important and a big part why he's just not popular anymore, believe it or not, is because of it. The design of the character is representative of a series as a whole. Modern Pacman doesn't have games that actually work with the mechanics of the original; he's trying to be Mario and kid-friendly, whilst shoving outdated references in your face. (He has bloody shoes with himself on them, wtf)

I recently had such a giant pulse of hatred for Pac's modern design, to the point where I made a quick redesign. Pacman never was for kids. He was for everyone the day he began existing. I thought Pac could do with a Rayman Origins treatment, where someone would actually bring some life into him. Letting go off the past would be such a relief for Pac. The Arcade Cabinet Pacman simply does not work anymore; that design was not perfect by a long shot. He doesn't look at all like the never-fulfilled hunger-driven ball that people envisioned him like, he has no character at all apart from "safely marketable"

The arcade cabinet look was fitting for the time being, but times move, and so should he.

Really nice artwork, but I'm definitely not a fan of this particular design ever becoming official. Personally, while I love the Rayman Origins art style, I never felt like it gave Rayman anymore character than he already had (in his case, I feel like only the first game gave him any real personality). The gameplay got better, but it wasn't tied to the art style, and I always liked the smooth, jazzy Rayman of the original game best. I find it hard to believe that Pac-Man's design is a large part of his supposed decline in popularity (though if you have evidence for this, I'd be very interested in seeing it and changing my position). I attribute that more to the simplicity of his good games not having market appeal to most hardcore gamers, and the poor quality of his bad games simply not appealing to anyone. On top of that, he's just really not a character for today's market.

I'm not a fan of letting go of the past in any circumstance, really. Living off of the past solely - as Pac-Man has largely done - is bad, sure. But letting go of it completely? No. Pac-Man's biggest relevance has always been and likely always will be in the 80s, so there's nothing wrong with referencing that on occasion. Having a legacy and referring to it is perfectly fine. If that legacy shackles the character to a point where he can't improve, then yeah, the chains should be loosened, but they shouldn't be tossed aside and forgotten. I definitely agree that Pac-Man should largely reinvent himself in order to succeed nowadays, but if he completely ditches his past, then there's no reason in using Pac-Man anymore; replacing him with another character would be more sensible. Luckily, he doesn't have much to his core character anyway, so shrugging off most of the excess won't change much to begin with. That's the beauty of the situation. He's largely a blank slate, so most changes made to him would mostly only be helping. I fully support a reinventing of the character, so long as it's still recognizable. Or they could just continue on as they have been. While not preferable, I'm not opposed to it. As long as we get the occasional CEDX or Pac-Man Battle Royale from the series, I don't care what he looks like.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
My problem with this sort of redesign is it's not really saying anything about Pac-Man anymore than his Disney/Mario-fied modern form. The art's nice, but all you've done really is take Rayman's art style and uniqueness and applied it to Pac-Man. Hell, the blue ghost looks exactly like Globox even.

I'll concur he could perhaps look hungrier in his modernized official design though. He is after all an insatiable eating machine...but then again, other insatiable eating machines tend to be quite cute looking within the video game industry:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hmm... What if the Ghosts showed up in Pac-Man's moveset to assist while still antagonizing him? For example his down smash has two Ghosts pop out of the ground next to him to spook him and they hurt enemies on contact?

If Pac-Man was to get in I think that Sakurai would use as many Pac-Man arcade references as possible but not exclusively. Look at how he did Sonic, his main attacks are all mainstays of the old games but his A attacks are from Sonic the Fighters, just about as obscure as they get.

Mega Man also uses famous attacks for his Bs (almost all from Mega Man 2) but his other attacks come from different games, even the Nintendo forsaking Mega Man 8.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Anyone post this moveset yet? I just found it on Deviant Art.
http://moominded.deviantart.com/art/Pacman-smash-move-set-424873649
Ah yes. This is, in my opinion, possibly the best moveset posted here. A good thought-out playstyle, and with moves that interact, no less. I suppose I may be biased, since the moveset I've considered has a few similar features. Still, there's a lot of interesting ideas at play here, and it does a great job of giving the character a ton of personality while still retaining a focus on the arcade games.

It does have its problems, however. The use of bad breath and a prehensile tongue really seem out-of-place on the character. Sure, Pac-Man can use a tongue for attacking in Chameleon Mode, but relying on it for basic attacks would be like having several of Mario's moves make use of the Frog Suit. It's possible, but it's not what the character is best known for.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hello friends. 0/.. Well, if you had checked in the welcome thread, should know that I'm new around here; but I should like to join the discussion. ^^.. I actually was reading by a time before made an account... and you guys really have a nice debate here, and it's good to see so many Pac-Man supporters... I hope we get something, .. after all, was this way that Sonic and Mega Man entered in Smash, huh? with supporters (among other factors, of course. :\/).

first:
This FAKE pic deserves to be posted here! :laugh:

I almost had a heart-attack... it seems that I was one of the first to see it (or at least, one of the first to manifest),.. really really neat,.. pity's a fake.. but, at least, seems to be more support, after all.. if someone is wasting time with things like that. XD

second; about the thing on Ghostly Adventures design, concept and all.. you know, I honestly have no problems with that... I have with Modern Sonic, and I did with Modern Crash Bandicoot.. but Pac-Man's change sounds inoffensive to me.. and I watched the show, I kinda liked.. really, but I know that I'm not the public that NAMCO is trying to reach with this new concept.. in other hand, I can feel myself familiar with the amount of classic references in this new universe, I must say that, for a reboot (whereas compulsorily, they should come off much of the original concept), they're pretty generous putting so much classic content here and there.. principally in the game, which I enjoyed a lot too.
I can live with his changes, and still liking him as I always did before.. I'm a Pac-Man fan, and I'm not really worried about his present, .. I'm pretty sure that, even with his Ghostly Adventures design, he can still representing the icon from the videogame industry that he's, be or not in Smash4. =) (but I do want him! lolz)

I'm curious about NAMCO plans for the future, though.. I hope that they can appeal more people with what they have today.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Ah yes. This is, in my opinion, possibly the best moveset posted here. A good thought-out playstyle, and with moves that interact, no less. I suppose I may be biased, since the moveset I've considered has a few similar features. Still, there's a lot of interesting ideas at play here, and it does a great job of giving the character a ton of personality while still retaining a focus on the arcade games.

It does have its problems, however. The use of bad breath and a prehensile tongue really seem out-of-place on the character. Sure, Pac-Man can use a tongue for attacking in Chameleon Mode, but relying on it for basic attacks would be like having several of Mario's moves make use of the Frog Suit. It's possible, but it's not what the character is best known for.
Yeah. The tongue attacks were something i found weird. But Pac-Man uses his tongue for attacks in Ghostly Adventures. So theres that.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Hello friends. 0/.. Well, if you had checked in the welcome thread, should know that I'm new around here; but I should like to join the discussion. ^^.. I actually was reading by a time before made an account... and you guys really have a nice debate here, and it's good to see so many Pac-Man supporters... I hope we get something, .. after all, was this way that Sonic and Mega Man entered in Smash, huh? with supporters (among other factors, of course. :\/).

first:

I almost had a heart-attack... it seems that I was one of the first to see it (or at least, one of the first to manifest),.. really really neat,.. pity's a fake.. but, at least, seems to be more support, after all.. if someone is wasting time with things like that. XD

second; about the thing on Ghostly Adventures design, concept and all.. you know, I honestly have no problems with that... I have with Modern Sonic, and I did with Modern Crash Bandicoot.. but Pac-Man's change sounds inoffensive to me.. and I watched the show, I kinda liked.. really, but I know that I'm not the public that NAMCO is trying to reach with this new concept.. in other hand, I can feel myself familiar with the amount of classic references in this new universe, I must say that, for a reboot (whereas compulsorily, they should come off much of the original concept), they're pretty generous putting so much classic content here and there.. principally in the game, which I enjoyed a lot too.
I can live with his changes, and still liking him as I always did before.. I'm a Pac-Man fan, and I'm not really worried about his present, .. I'm pretty sure that, even with his Ghostly Adventures design, he can still representing the icon from the videogame industry that he's, be or not in Smash4. =) (but I do want him! lolz)

I'm curious about NAMCO plans for the future, though.. I hope that they can appeal more people with what they have today.
Welcome to Smashboards, CyberWolf. Always glad to see another Pac-Man supporter. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if supporters will have been enough to get Pac-Man into Smash; he simply lacks the huge demand that Sonic and Mega Man had. It's probably more wise for us to bank on the other factors, like the fact that Namco-Bandai is co-developing the game, in addition to Pac-Man's simply iconic status.

Glad to see someone with a different opinion on Pac-Man's newest design as well. Here's hoping to see more of you around here.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
sure I'll be ^^.. as I said, is hard to find company to talk about Smash, so, I think that's my place! =D.. and good point about demand, but I do see his demand getting bigger each day.. sure, nothing compared with the other two guest characters, but we can trust in those "other factors". I actually think that should be a pretty silly move of NAMCO and Sakurai not putting him in the game.. after all, is promotion! and a pretty unique opportunity, Pac, together with Mega, Sonic and Mario, are the biggest mascots in videogames, and all togheter in the same game would be...so amazing! *w*... well, I hope they think by this logic! =P

EDIT:
btw, later, when I have some time, can I share some "Pac-Man in SmashBros" fanart that I have done? Is humble, but I'd like to expose. =)
(and sorry my english.. I forgot to mention this before, .. not my language. :| )

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
sure I'll be ^^.. as I said, is hard to find company to talk about Smash, so, I think that's my place! =D.. and good point about demand, but I do see his demand getting bigger each day.. sure, nothing compared with the other two guest characters, but we can trust in those "other factors". I actually think that should be a pretty silly move of NAMCO and Sakurai not putting him in the game.. after all, is promotion! and a pretty unique opportunity, Pac, together with Mega, Sonic and Mario, are the biggest mascots in videogames, and all togheter in the same game would be...so amazing! *w*... well, I hope they think by this logic! =P

EDIT:
btw, later, when I have some time, can I share some "Pac-Man in SmashBros" fanart that I have done? Is humble, but I'd like to expose. =)
(and sorry my english.. I forgot to mention this before, .. not my language. :| )
Welcome to Smash Boards. I would say that Pac-Man is a popular choice, though maybe not on the level of Mega Man and Sonic. With Namco helping out, more people seem to be confident in supporting him. I myself am mostly indifferent to the character. I would personally prefer is classic look though.

One last thing, you don't happen to be a sprite artist? Your username seems familiar.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
My problem with this sort of redesign is it's not really saying anything about Pac-Man anymore than his Disney/Mario-fied modern form. The art's nice, but all you've done really is take Rayman's art style and uniqueness and applied it to Pac-Man. Hell, the blue ghost looks exactly like Globox even.

I'll concur he could perhaps look hungrier in his modernized official design though. He is after all an insatiable eating machine...but then again, other insatiable eating machines tend to be quite cute looking within the video game industry:

Honestly, I'm really hoping for a SSB design for him. It's my only hope.

first:

Welcome! I would like to see your fanart, btw.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Welcome to Smash Boards. I would say that Pac-Man is a popular choice, though maybe not on the level of Mega Man and Sonic. With Namco helping out, more people seem to be confident in supporting him. I myself am mostly indifferent to the character. I would personally prefer is classic look though.

One last thing, you don't happen to be a sprite artist? Your username seems familiar.
Thanks for the welcomes (everybody! =D)... and yep, I'm a spriter! 0/... If I remember well I wrote something about that somewhere here on my profile, .. lol, anyway. I always use the "CyberWolfJV" nick, but you can find my as TheGuy07 in some other few places. =P.
I usually do M&L SSS style sprites (edits and custom) and other small sprites from DS and GBA games, like Sonic Advance and Jump Superstars, among others.

but I don't want to go off-topic too much. XD..but glad to know you "know" me by something =P

Welcome! I would like to see your fanart, btw.
okay, as I said, they are humble... but there we go:

my actual wishlist \/ (not really expecting all of them, of course)

and this, a horrendous lazy sprite work... =P.. but yeah, I tried to illustrate something I thought about all the potential gluttons of Smash4. lolz

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
heh, I thought only after that would be cool adding them. though I not liked the result of this pic, anyway.. but hope you guys have liked. =P

Oh,.. if you don't mind, changing a bit the direction of subject,.. what music you guys would like to see with Pac-Man on Smash? I mean, not only with his reveal, but in the Smash4 content.. I hope for some brand new remixes and orchestrated versions of classic songs, like things from Pac-Land, Pac-Man 2 and World 1! 8D but bringing back music like they were in the old games wouldn't bother me too; NAMCO Museum on PSone have some good remixes...

for his reveal trailer, I'd like to listen the Pac-Park remix from Ghostly Adventures, would be pretty cool for the occasion.. since I thought that he'd be revealed with a more "happy and action" scenes than Sonic and Rosalina were.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As far as Pac-Man music goes I have a few ideas. Most of it being from the PS2 and Gamecube days. I didn't know that it was a bit late though. Doesn't matter though, its Friday. I'll everything in spoiler tags. That way, it'll be less annoying to look through.

Pac-Man Collection(GBA)

Pac-Attack(SNES)

Pac-Man World Rally - Retro Maze(PS2/GCN)

Pac-Man World Rally - Rolling Hills(PS2/GCN)

Pac-Man World 2 - Volcanic Panic(PS2/GCN)

Pac-Man World 2 - Pac Dot Pond(PS2/GCN)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
heh, I thought only after that would be cool adding them. though I not liked the result of this pic, anyway.. but hope you guys have liked. =P

Oh,.. if you don't mind, changing a bit the direction of subject,.. what music you guys would like to see with Pac-Man on Smash? I mean, not only with his reveal, but in the Smash4 content.. I hope for some brand new remixes and orchestrated versions of classic songs, like things from Pac-Land, Pac-Man 2 and World 1! 8D but bringing back music like they were in the old games wouldn't bother me too; NAMCO Museum on PSone have some good remixes...

for his reveal trailer, I'd like to listen the Pac-Park remix from Ghostly Adventures, would be pretty cool for the occasion.. since I thought that he'd be revealed with a more "happy and action" scenes than Sonic and Rosalina were.
There are a couple of near-must pieces from the World series in my opinion.

King Galaxian (World 1) (Just got to him on my playthrough of World 1 and he is really fun, really difficult, and he has killer music)
Far Out (World 1) (One of my favorite video game tracks)
Pinky's Blower (World 2)
Scuba Dooba (I think) (World 2)
Haunted Boardwalk (World 2)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Oh, a fantastic question. I'm imagining a reveal trailer with Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man fighting. Mega Man knocks Sonic away from the fracas. Angrily, the hedgehog rises to his feet, and begins running toward the other two mascots, but stops dead in his tracks and is sent reeling backward as a ghost appears out of thin air, spooking him. The ghost disappears, and a slow-paced, quiet remix of the Pac-Land theme begins playing as the remaining two fighters begin glancing about, trying to find out the source of the attack. The ghost reappears before them, but Pac-Man immediately flies in from off-screen, chomping down on the enemy and smiling. The camera zooms to meet Pac-Man's vanity graphic, with an appropriate punny message attached ("Pac-Man takes a bite out of the action"?). A triumphant arrangement of the Pac-Man "game start" jingle plays, and then the scene immediately transitions into a four-man brawl between the mascots, displaying Pac-Man's moveset in typical newcomer reveal fashion. During this time, a more recent remix of Pac-Man's Park would be playing.

Other music I'd like to see accompany Pac-Man's inclusion in the game:
  • Pac-Man Cup from Mario Kart Arcade GP 2. It's a really nice, electronic remix of the Pac-Land theme. I doubt it'll be included, but it's my favorite variation of the track.
  • Cleopactra from Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness. Another unlikely pick. It's got a really funky beat reminiscent of the 80s that Pac-Man is so much a part of.
  • Pretty much anything from Championship Edition or its sequel. I think Pac Rainbow would be the most likely.
  • If I could only pick one tune from Pac-Man World, I'd probably have to second King Galaxian. It'd be nice to have a Galaga remix somewhere in the bunch.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Good ideas, people. 0/... And really nice to cite Mario Kart Arcade GP, .. I think that some songs from this game have a chance to appear in Smash,.. well, it's another colaboration between Nintendo and NAMCO, and Mario and Pac-Man.. I like the Pac-Man Cup music a lot too. Retro Maze from Pac-Man World Rally is necessary as well (involving Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man and Jr. Pac-Man in the same music, is awesome)... I think that even Pac-In-Time and Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures should have some love, with "The Forest" and "Mischief" (respectively) even with just their original versions in the sound gallery. For the song that I doubt would be included, is Pac's theme from Street Fighter X Tekken, which is awesome... but, obviously, being from a PS3 exclusive version... I dunno. :T

--Oh, about his reveal trailer, I thought something like the Rosalina's trailer... a thing that would let people a bit confused in the begin.. using Luigi walking in a dark corridor, with his Poltergust 5000, with the Luigi's Mansion theme in the background... but then, in a curve a Ghost appears (not entirely showing to the expector what is, exactly),... and Mario, Sonic and Mega Man fighting, far from this, hears Luigi's scream, and quick goes to there.. when, the three heroes arrive, a standard generic ghost (with the Ghostly Adventures design) goes to attack Luigi, but a yellow blur goes through them and the 8-Bit "Waka" sound is listened... Pac-Man falls in the ground with his back for the camera, after a second, he turns to the front and smile for the camera, appearing his title (like every others newcomers) with the "Game Start" tune... now, starts the gameplay scenes with the Pac-Park remix that I mentioned, and you realized that the dark corridor that people were on the CG part of the trailer is his stage, a Retro Maze, with Ghosts as hazards and all! 8D.. at the end of the trailer, Mario, Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man fraternise one with the other, like "the team of mascots are all here now"!. ... Would be the most awesome thing in the world! XD.

EDIT: Another mentions about cool music; Title Screen and Valley Of The Pirates from Pac-Man World and Pac-Steps from Championship Edition DX+.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Burger King is better then McDonald's anyway. :awesome: (I'm probably biased because McDonald's makes me sick to the point of vomiting usually.)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
doesn't really matter how taste the food.. I'd just like those promotions here on Brazil.. always these videogame related toys never comes here... I want this "whatever it's" Pac-Man toy. =\

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I am staunchly opposed to playable Pac-Man, though I respect the rationale behind his support. My question is, does he have the staggering popularity that Sonic and Mega Man had? Or are you banking on him bypassing the popularity contest because Namco is helping with the game?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Pac-Man wasn't remotely popular at all until the Namco announcement, and even then it's still not on par with Sonic or Mega Man.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I can't speak for everyone, but I'm hoping that Namco's involvement with the game, coupled with Pac-Man's iconic status, will be enough to get him included. And I really do hope he's included. There's maybe 3 characters that could be included that would really get me excited, and he's one of them.

The other ones of course being George Jefferson and Gumby. And maybe King K. Rool.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
A lot of us actually wanted Pac-Man to make it into Brawl, the Namco involvement just made us more vocal/hopeful. And whether detractors want to accept it or not, Pac-Man has a very good chance of making it in.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
/\ lol
I did some scribbles on a dull moment at work today, I hope you guys don't mind with the poor quality of the drawings. lol
(just for give more movement to the thread, and some fanart...I guess.. even it's terrible. :\/)

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Sorry for the double post,..but I thought that if I edit my last post nobody would see this (only if you're already in the thread seeing things around here), since the thread wouldn't go to the top again. :\/

Well, I was thinking in Pac's Final Smash.. I see a lot of people saying that he could turn in a giant 8-bit verion of himself, and walk around the stage biting the opponents.. while I think that would be cool throwback of Arcades, I think that wouldn't fit too much with his recents incarnations (and I'm not talking just about GA, but in general, Pac never did something before.. in Pac-Man World series, Pac-in-Time, Pac-Land, etc)...

So, for keep his main characteristic (eating) as his Final Smash, I thought that would be cool something like in Pac-Man World series fashion,.. he eats a Power Palette (that would appear from nowhere), the Power Pallet 8-Bit sound would be heard while he's by the effect, and with Pac-Man World 3 as reference, he would shine this way (always found this a nice effect)

the opponents at the stage would get a blue mask in all the body (while we don't know if the Power Pallet effect works in other people, not just ghosts.. it's a crossover, anything can happen. :\/), just like this:

the opponents would stay working normally with their A.I. (or the player commands), you can even stay fighting and hit Pac,... but, if Pac-Man can be able to perform his chomp attack (which obvisously would be part of his moveset, no doubts here, lol), the opponent would be eaten instantly (with the classic 8-Bit SFX, and with a pause in a second, just like in his game), ... the eyes of the character that was eaten, would fly around, and then be out of the stage (when the eyes touches a critical part of the limit of the stage, the standard K.O. effect of SmashBros would occur normally, together with the character scream).... everytime when Pac-Man could bite the characters, everytime they would be instantly KOned.. but as a disadvantage of this "OP" Final Smash, Pac would stay vulnerable to attacks and such..

of course, when the Final Smash/Power Pallet effect finishes, everybody would back to their normal colors.

I thought that would be cool... it's similar of Chaos Dimension of Shuma-Gorath in MvC series (in terms of opportunity to attack the opponent and timer).

what you think? =)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Sorry for the double post,..but I thought that if I edit my last post nobody would see this (only if you're already in the thread seeing things around here), since the thread wouldn't go to the top again. :\/

Well, I was thinking in Pac's Final Smash.. I see a lot of people saying that he could turn in a giant 8-bit verion of himself, and walk around the stage biting the opponents.. while I think that would be cool throwback of Arcades, I think that wouldn't fit too much with his recents incarnations (and I'm not talking just about GA, but in general, Pac never did something before.. in Pac-Man World series, Pac-in-Time, Pac-Land, etc)...

So, for keep his main characteristic (eating) as his Final Smash, I thought that would be cool something like in Pac-Man World series fashion,.. he eats a Power Palette (that would appear from nowhere), the Power Pallet 8-Bit sound would be heard while he's by the effect, and with Pac-Man World 3 as reference, he would shine this way (always found this a nice effect)

the opponents at the stage would get a blue mask in all the body (while we don't know if the Power Pallet effect works in other people, not just ghosts.. it's a crossover, anything can happen. :\/), just like this:

the opponents would stay working normally with their A.I. (or the player commands), you can even stay fighting and hit Pac,... but, if Pac-Man can be able to perform his chomp attack (which obvisously would be part of his moveset, no doubts here, lol), the opponent would be eaten instantly (with the classic 8-Bit SFX, and with a pause in a second, just like in his game), ... the eyes of the character that was eaten, would fly around, and then be out of the stage (when the eyes touches a critical part of the limit of the stage, the standard K.O. effect of SmashBros would occur normally, together with the character scream).... everytime when Pac-Man could bite the characters, everytime they would be instantly KOned.. but as a disadvantage of this "OP" Final Smash, Pac would stay vulnerable to attacks and such..

of course, when the Final Smash/Power Pallet effect finishes, everybody would back to their normal colors.

I thought that would be cool... it's similar of Chaos Dimension of Shuma-Gorath in MvC series (in terms of opportunity to attack the opponent and timer).

what you think? =)
I definitely would rather he have his 8-bit form as a final smash. Sure, he never did it like that in-game, but it'd be the most iconic thing for him to do.

Also, I just beat Pac-Man World for the first time. It's a really good game. Definitely recommend it if you have a PS1. I also bought Pac-Man vs., Pac-Man World 2, and Pac-Man World Rally for the gamecube. Perhaps I'm getting nostalgic, but I wanted to play those on my favorite system.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
more iconic, sure it would be (the Final Smash with his 8-Bit self), but I thought about two things:

-decharacterization of the character, .. I mean, not of all, but we would already have all the 8-Bit SFX and such, keeping his moveset based most of Pac-Man World series (most probably, taking Sonic and Mega Man as references), and such... lots and lots of throwbacks.. and while I agree that people outisde of Pac's fandom, or even people that don't play videogames so often, would recognize him by this kind of Final Smash,.. but we already have a lot of characters with transformations (temporary or not), and even with some exceptions here and there in minor things, characters don't use things that they usually they actually don't do in their games.. (btw, this remembered me how I hate Giga Bowser... so.. horrible. >->).

-NAMCO Bandai, besides allowing references of the Arcade Game everywhere in Ghostly Adventures and the game with the same name, I think that they wouldn't want to make people "desrelate" Pac-Man of his newer design... that, after all, is what they are marketing right now... I think that this would be a small conflict with their marketing nowadays. But, who knows?

I think that keeping him with his arms, legs and all, and still making references of his old games (not only the original game, but also the World series with the Final Smash that I mentioned), would be a good way to promote and celebrate all the story of the character at the same time.. and even, with the GA design, which would be nice for his actual image. =)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
more iconic, sure it would be (the Final Smash with his 8-Bit self), but I thought about two things:

-decharacterization of the character, .. I mean, not of all, but we would already have all the 8-Bit SFX and such, keeping his moveset based most of Pac-Man World series (most probably, taking Sonic and Mega Man as references), and such... lots and lots of throwbacks.. and while I agree that people outisde of Pac's fandom, or even people that don't play videogames so often, would recognize him by this kind of Final Smash,.. but we already have a lot of characters with transformations (temporary or not), and even with some exceptions here and there in minor things, characters don't use things that they usually they actually don't do in their games.. (btw, this remembered me how I hate Giga Bowser... so.. horrible. >->).

-NAMCO Bandai, besides allowing references of the Arcade Game everywhere in Ghostly Adventures and the game with the same name, I think that they wouldn't want to make people "desrelate" Pac-Man of his newer design... that, after all, is what they are marketing right now... I think that this would be a small conflict with their marketing nowadays. But, who knows?

I think that keeping him with his arms, legs and all, and still making references of his old games (not only the original game, but also the World series with the Final Smash that I mentioned), would be a good way to promote and celebrate all the story of the character at the same time.. and even, with the GA design, which would be nice for his actual image. =)
Eh, I honestly think the 8-bit final smash is the best option. Just my opinion, really.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I doubt Namco would avoid using an "8-bit Final Smash" just because they want to promote the new design. He'd be much more likely to have an arcade-based moveset than a Ghostly Adventures one, if you ask me, so I don't see how an 8-bit Final Smash would suddenly be taboo for them. Besides, it's not like GA doesn't pmilk the heck out of 8-bit Pac-Man iconography anyway.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Actually, I also believe that he would have a moveset more based in the Arcade games and Pac-Man Worlds than anything from Ghostly Adventures, besides the design.. would be pretty much the case of Sonic, having attacks based in Sonic The Fighters and stuff from classic games, but still with the Modern Design... it's like "two in one". But, still taking Sonic as reference.. aside the fact that Super SonIc debuted in Sonic 2, he still borrow some of effects and design from the Modern Sonic games (from before Brawl, of course).. Pac-Man would/could be this way too.. a Final Smash that would remember to the Arcade Games with the Power Pallet stuff and all.. but, he would still keeps with his normal way to be Pac-Man nowadays.. but of course, it's just an opinion/wish/theory.

NAMCO doesn't really have a problem with the Classic Pac-Man.. you can see a bunch of things in the cartoon, even in the game.. just was a thing that I tought for not be to out of the real character abilities, and also by the fact that we already have a lot of Final Smashes with transformations. :T

Last edited:
Top Bottom