• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Thanks for the welcomes (everybody! =D)... and yep, I'm a spriter! 0/... If I remember well I wrote something about that somewhere here on my profile, .. lol, anyway. I always use the "CyberWolfJV" nick, but you can find my as TheGuy07 in some other few places. =P.
I usually do M&L SSS style sprites (edits and custom) and other small sprites from DS and GBA games, like Sonic Advance and Jump Superstars, among others.

but I don't want to go off-topic too much. XD..but glad to know you "know" me by something =P

okay, as I said, they are humble... but there we go:

my actual wishlist \/ (not really expecting all of them, of course)

and this, a horrendous lazy sprite work... =P.. but yeah, I tried to illustrate something I thought about all the potential gluttons of Smash4. lolz
Umm I got some bad news on Ashley she's confirmed as a assist trophy today so her chances of playable is 0% right now

But anyway atleast pac man gets to eat hamburgers at Burger King now since he's a model there now

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Umm I got some bad news on Ashley she's confirmed as a assist trophy today so her chances of playable is 0% right now
yep.. thanks, but doesn't need to say,.. I saw this early by the morning before I went to work. =P.. yeah, it's bad news, but I still liked to see her in the game somehow,.. better than a sticker like last time. =P (anyway, I wasn't expecting her for real)

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Has anyone's opinion on the Disney XD cartoon changed in the last few months? I for one can safely say that no, not really. However, I did manage to actually laugh just once at a certain point, so that's something. Also, I do actually think that the time travel episode is okay. Nothing better than that, but it's not as bad as any other episode I've seen. It's incredibly cliche, but the writing is just a tad more competent than normal.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Has anyone's opinion on the Disney XD cartoon changed in the last few months? I for one can safely say that no, not really. However, I did manage to actually laugh just once at a certain point, so that's something. Also, I do actually think that the time travel episode is okay. Nothing better than that, but it's not as bad as any other episode I've seen. It's incredibly cliche, but the writing is just a tad more competent than normal.
Fuzbitz is basically the only redeeming thing about the XD cartoon to me.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
We on Brazil have only some episodes dubbed in portuguese, .. but I watch in english at internet sometimes .. as I said, I kinda like.. not my favorite show, but at very least, I prefer this than the Hanna-Barbera show (seriously), much more "videogame" related, I think... but of course, I'm no kid that they are trying to impress... in other hand, my little sister loves the show (she also liked the new game, much more than me; I'm considering to buy the 3DS version too).

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
We on Brazil have only some episodes dubbed in portuguese, .. but I watch in english at internet sometimes .. as I said, I kinda like.. not my favorite show, but at very least, I prefer this than the Hanna-Barbera show (seriously), much more "videogame" related, I think... but of course, I'm no kid that they are trying to impress... in other hand, my little sister loves the show (she also liked the new game, much more than me; I'm considering to buy the 3DS version too).
THE HANNA BARBERA ONE WAS MY CHILDHOOD!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
'-'.. okay..I'm not saying is bad, .. just that I prefer the newest for some reason.. nothing arguing about quality of both and such.. I also growed up with some Hanna Barbera cartoons, as Yakky Doodle.. but the Pac-Man show never appealed me.. wasn't even close that something that I could remember the games (even with Pac-Land around)... Things that in The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 were more noticeable, at least.

EDIT: lol,.. just remembered, the portuguese version of the Hanna Barbera's Pac-Man, not even said his name.. was something like "glutton"..... well, anyway, people here at this times often called him of "come-come" (eat-eat, in a literally translation)

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
'-'.. okay..I'm not saying is bad, .. just that I prefer the newest for some reason.. nothing arguing about quality of both and such.. I also growed up with some Hanna Barbera cartoons, as Yakky Doodle.. but the Pac-Man show never appealed me.. wasn't even close that something that I could remember the games (even with Pac-Land around)... Things that in The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 were more noticeable, at least.

EDIT: lol,.. just remembered, the portuguese version of the Hanna Barbera's Pac-Man, not even said his name.. was something like "glutton"..... well, anyway, people here at this times often called him of "come-come" (eat-eat, in a literally translation)
(I was being sarcastic. I wasn't actually affended.)

That is seriously perfect. I love it.

And my brother basically just broke my brain by saying that you could call him "chomp-chomp"...which is the name of his dog.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
(I was being sarcastic. I wasn't actually affended.)

That is seriously perfect. I love it.

And my brother basically just broke my brain by saying that you could call him "chomp-chomp"...which is the name of his dog.
Sorry, my sarcasm detector is broken today. Couldn't notice that. My bad. =P

well, .. talking about this old cartoon, .. I think that a thing that always pushed me away from it (besides to be nothing like the games), is the fact about the name and all.. I wouldn't remember of Pac-Man, in a cartoon that doesn't seems like the game, don't give me references, and even doesn't call him by his actual name.. is like calling Mario as James or something. lol.

but this was just a bad luck of the brazilian version, sadly.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Sorry, my sarcasm detector is broken today. Couldn't notice that. My bad. =P

well, .. talking about this old cartoon, .. I think that a thing that always pushed me away from it (besides to be nothing like the games), is the fact about the name and all.. I wouldn't remember of Pac-Man, in a cartoon that doesn't seems like the game, don't give me references, and even doesn't call him by his actual name.. is like calling Mario as James or something. lol.

but this was just a bad luck of the brazilian version, sadly.
I assure you that the English version is better. At least in the area of it still being Pac-Man.

I am now calling Mario by the name of James, btw.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Aside from the enjoyment I get out of the show from its sheer absurdity (I tend to adore things that are so bad, they're good), there is one thing that I like about the Hanna-Barbera show, and that's the fact that Marty Ingels provided Pac-Man's voice. It's hilariously unfitting for the character, and compared to more modern iterations, by contrast, it's pretty startling. It's pretty much the same voice he used for Beegle Beagle on The Great Grape Ape Show, but that's to be expected. Watch any assortment of Hanna-Barbera cartoons from that era. You'll hear so few variety in voices that if you counted them on your fingers, you'd still have enough uncommitted to play a video game with. You know what? That's a good idea. Let's just forget about Hanna-Barbera's animated atrocities and go play Pac-Man. It'd be a much more entertaining use of our time.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Man, I've wanted Pacman to be in smash before Smash 4 was even announced. The fact Namco is involved in this it makes me more hopeful that he will be playable (Even if Sakurai said they get no special treatment). Ugh, I really hope he makes it in. Also, it sucks how much hate Pacman gets on this site but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Man, I've wanted Pacman to be in smash before Smash 4 was even announced. The fact Namco is involved in this it makes me more hopeful that he will be playable (Even if Sakurai said they get no special treatment). Ugh, I really hope he makes it in. Also, it sucks how much hate Pacman gets on this site but I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Welcome aboard!

Yeah, people on this site don't like Pac-Man...or, at least, they don't like the current Pac-Man. I think people would be more open to the character if he wasn't downright...creepy in his newest incarnation.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Haha, well I like his current look but I'll admit he does look a bit odd in Ghostly Adventures. Imo they should have kept him the way he looked in Pacman Party.

LF2K

Floor Diver
While I would prefer Klonoa, I think Pac Man would make a great addition. Having him, Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man together in one game is just a smörgåsbord of awesome.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Haha, well I like his current look but I'll admit he does look a bit odd in Ghostly Adventures. Imo they should have kept him the way he looked in Pacman Party.
Definitely agree that they should have stayed with the Party design.
While I would prefer Klonoa, I think Pac Man would make a great addition. Having him, Mario, Sonic, and Mega Man together in one game is just a smörgåsbord of awesome.
Welcome! (I think you may be the first person I've ever seen that actually uses the marks above smorgasbord.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I liked your post simply because of the use of the diacritical marks in "smörgåsbord". But I do agree as well. If Pac joins the fight and that match-up is possible without having to unlock characters, you can bet that my first match in the game is going to be exactly that.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Think they'd lock the support thread? :p
nah, it's a support thread for a character with high chances to be in the game!!! ...wait... he's already there! 8D

I think people would be more open to the character if he wasn't downright...creepy in his newest incarnation.
What make him creepy? '-'.. I actually find this design quite sympathetic ... he was gradually changing until how he looks today in GA. ... you know, first in Pac-Man Party they gave him only blue eyes and new shoes ... later Street Fighter X Tekken they changed his gloves, and now, he just had a redesign on his nose, leaving a little longer and thinner. (and maybe the size of the arms and hands)

I got used to it gradually, but I think the argument about the design somewhat invalid ... He hasn't radically changed, he had preparatory versions for what he became in GA.

look, not bad at all... it's the same charismatic Pac-Man of always;

I think it's only one way to find more problems to criticize his cartoon ... There are many Cranky Kongs on the internet.

PS: the thing about the teeths is silly.. he's not always showing his teeth, it's just a thing for emphasize some facial expressions,.. like we saw on newer Dedede desing in Smash4; and none character is free of some weird expressions sometimes anyway. :\/

---EDIT: Oh, and btw, welcome @ Dynamite Dynamite . 0/

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, people on this site don't like Pac-Man...or, at least, they don't like the current Pac-Man. I think people would be more open to the character if he wasn't downright...creepy in his newest incarnation.
Actually it's not just this site, many sites actually express distaste over the idea. It pretty much has to do with people thinking the character is a cheap sellout and a rather bad addition due to lacking any fundamentals that would create interest. The new design doesn't help either.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Actually it's not just this site, many sites actually express distaste over the idea. It pretty much has to do with people thinking the character is a cheap sellout and a rather bad addition due to lacking any fundamentals that would create interest. The new design doesn't help either.
That, and the IP's primary source of inspiration and popularity at the moment is a show on the intellectual level of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
but they (NAMCO) aren't doing anything wrong with the show... of course, some more creativity and more emphasis in some characters, giving him more memorable touches wouldn't hurt... but the show is for kids, it is to be silly and simple like that. They're, in fact, appealing people that they want.. I guess... at least I can give my testimony by my younger sister that really like the show (she is 10 years old). Is like I saying that a violent TV-Show should change because isn't okay for children.. '-'

---EDIT:
Well, here,.. besides not liking everything that new Pac-Man can offer, I can fully understand NAMCO's marketing.. Konito Komori said here; Pac-Man, originally, was a simple concept.. and now, the idea of keep him simple (not matter in what direction) is a way to continue with his original idea..there's nothing wrong with this.. it's a simple cartoon? the kids like? cool, we got the right result...
Mario was once simple (more complex than Pac-Man though), and now, we're getting new things with more and more complexity... nothing wrong either, but was a thing that Nintendo chosen, and knew to lead that.. Mario isn't a "Champion's Road" (SM3DW) or "Tubular" (SMW) all the time... we have some time to know the game after more challenging things, ...this is a concept that suits with Mario..
Pac-Man was no character with a deep story, a very structured world and such.. he's just simple and people (kids too) at 80's liked that. Now, we continue with him simple for his time, and if the kids like, we're cool.

Last edited:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
No one is talking backstory here, it has to do with interest.

People have a distaste for Pac-Man right now, so playing the generic card won't win hearts. Gotta let loose and break the mold, not putz.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I used the "story" as an example about the simplicity of the concept of the character,.. you don't need to like, just understand. It's like, if you really can't stand with the character current design, world, or something.. is simple 'cause he's not done "to appeal you". You're not the public. ... I see kids liking this, ... wasn't the GA Show the first place of hearing at Disney XD on the debut? Well, is somehow risk to say this, but you saw how many people sudden started to like Ponies?... Well, I don't like, but they're not trying to impress me, so, I can't complain either..

I still don't particularly like his design, even if I get why they're doing it.
so, was what I was saying above,.. it's a start. =P...

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Dang, i feel like im tardy to this Pac-man party. Anyways, i fully support the idea of Pac-man being in the new Smash Bros and i kinda feel bad that i haven't been involved in any polls related to Smash 4, so i need to keep a closer eye out there to help the packster out. Also, in terms of his design, i actually kinda like it. I am still fond of his classic Pac-man world design, but this design looks just fine to me. It kinda reminds me of when Sonic went through a similar phase, but i never cared. I love his modern design to death and i actually like it better than his classic one. Anyways, it seems like Namco really wants to push this new design, so it's likely they will use his GA design in Smash 4 if he's added.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
His Pac-Man Party design is easily the best IMO. I prefer the orange gloves over the almost reddish ones and I like the fact that he doesn't look like he's wearing some sort of shell on his body.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
If I needed to chose between the Pac-Man Party and Ghostly Adventures design...I'd choose the Pac-Man Party one with no doubts... but I can live with the G.A. too... If we could get, at least, the middle ground between them (which is the Street Fighter X Tekken design) we would be all cool. =P

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I wouldn't mind the SFXT design. Sure, he has the creepy slasher smile, but I like the shiny palette (everyone in that game is shiny, but Pac-Man especially so), and I didn't mind his voice in that game either.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm planning to do at the weekend a line-up of the main designs of Pac-Man through the years; ..just for base,.. I'd like to make them all in the same pose, and the same size... so yeah, I expect to finish that until sunday.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I'm not too picky when it comes to what design Pacman should get. I just want him in the game, haha. But of course if I could choose I'd pick his Pacman Party design. Hm, I'm sure this has been thought of... but mabey his look from the Pacman World series can be an alternate costume..?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Honestly, I'm not too picky when it comes to what design Pacman should get. I just want him in the game, haha. But of course if I could choose I'd pick his Pacman Party design. Hm, I'm sure this has been thought of... but mabey his look from the Pacman World series can be an alternate costume..?
Just gimme a refined Pac-Man World design. I like his classic look much better.
Honestly, it's too similar in coloration. You'd have difficulty telling the two Pacs apart (on the 3DS screen, at least).

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
those artworks are amazing!... man,.. if Pac get in Smash, I can't wait to see his render... and the screenshots in game, oh gosh! all the characters are so expressive in this game, Pac will fit more than perfectly to this situation!

Anyone here played Adventures in Time? That artifact looks very similar if not identical to the artifact in that game. I can't find a picture online, though.
I played, and felt the exactly same when I saw this! XD... well, .. I guess that isn't impossible a reference of Adventures in Time; since NAMCO is always putting some references in the show of all classic games here and there.

Top Bottom