• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I like lazy fruit a lot. Freaky fruit takes some getting used to but those oranges. I thought default key was fast. Exploding Hydrant would be more useful if it exploded when it hit the ground and not a couple feet in the air.

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
I like lazy fruit a lot. Freaky fruit takes some getting used to but those oranges. I thought default key was fast. Exploding Hydrant would be more useful if it exploded when it hit the ground and not a couple feet in the air.
Dire Hydrant would be more useful if it was a kILL MOVE JESUS CHRIST

I just think the default fruit have more uses, but hey whatever. To each their own.

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
I lost to a mario due to faulty GC adapters and i lost to ninjalink's greninja which was really close. I played angel cortes in friendlies and did really well

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
I prefer default Pac. I see the benefits from On-Fire Hydrant but I love the mobility of the regular hydrant too much to ever get it up.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I lost to a mario due to faulty GC adapters and i lost to ninjalink's greninja which was really close. I played angel cortes in friendlies and did really well
I tried to follow you in bracket but I didn't recognize what ever tag you entered with.

I play Ninjalink's Greninja about two weeks ago too. He's real tough.

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
Ninjalink greninja is okay, it was nerves, i missed 3 BELL KILLS, did a tilt or jab instead of a kill and second game read him like a book took a risk and we hit each other at the same time as i planned but i died first ! :( the diddy match up isnt bad angel is really good man took games off of him in friendlies, and the mario i played i could have beaten if the gc adapter wasnt do fault but eh 49/184 isnt bad!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Ninjalink greninja is okay, it was nerves, i missed 3 BELL KILLS, did a tilt or jab instead of a kill and second game read him like a book took a risk and we hit each other at the same time as i planned but i died first ! :( the diddy match up isnt bad angel is really good man took games off of him in friendlies, and the mario i played i could have beaten if the gc adapter wasnt do fault but eh 49/184 isnt bad!
What do you mean the GC adaprter was bad? How does that affect your gameplay?

Last edited:

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean the GC adaprter was bad? How does that affect your gameplay?
I played the match and i got killed 3 timed where i was sure I shieldied, i thought hmmm maybe im just ****ing up then after the set i played some friendlies with my bro and he start hos control was acting up , it was forcing him to up smash repeatidly and even made me walk off stage, we plugged out the adapter and plugged it back in then it was better but im like -_- damn adapter I knew i shielded

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I played the match and i got killed 3 timed where i was sure I shieldied, i thought hmmm maybe im just ****ing up then after the set i played some friendlies with my bro and he start hos control was acting up , it was forcing him to up smash repeatidly and even made me walk off stage, we plugged out the adapter and plugged it back in then it was better but im like -_- damn adapter I knew i shielded
Out of curiosity, were you guys playing on a Mayflash converter? Those things are garbage. I really hope TOs start banning those completely.

Great matches regardless though. Man I was salty for you at the end there.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Are Mayflash Adapters as bad as the 3DS because I feel like a good chunk of my deaths are due to something Pac-man did that I didn't want him to do.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Are Mayflash Adapters as bad as the 3DS because I feel like a good chunk of my deaths are due to something Pac-man did that I didn't want him to do.
3DS just has terrible control layout.

Mayflashes will randomly do actions that weren't put in, like say turn around and walk off the ledge for no reason.

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
3DS just has terrible control layout.

Mayflashes will randomly do actions that weren't put in, like say turn around and walk off the ledge for no reason.
Are mayflashes the adapter for wii u and pc ? Because if so they let me down :'( lol every tourney they have tons of them.

BSP

Smash Legend
You guys were right about Peach. I played Samsora in some friendlies (couldn't finish tourney cause time constraints >.> ), and they went much better than my previous set. I focused less on trampoline and more on Bair, Hydrant as a temp. wall, and lower fruits like Apple, Orange, and strawberry to build damage. I held bells to go for KOs.

Also ran it back against Craig tonight and took the set. I'm getting really good at reacting to grav pull and healing off of it without missing a beat. I still think we lose slightly, but I still don't agree with the hard counter nonsense I see thrown about.

Also, how many of you knew that Fruits don't scale with rage? I knew they never staled, but I thought rage affected everything...but I guess not. For that reason, Fsmash, Usmash, Bell, Side B, Dair (KOs earlier off the top than Uair with full rage), and Hydrant should be our go to KO options when we've got rage built up. Key isn't bad, but rage smashes KO much earlier. On omega wily with pac man as the dummy, from center stage, full rage Fsmash and Usmash could KO at 80% and 83%, respectively, uncharged no DI . Key wont KO until ~127%. Go for Bells instead when you've got rage backing you up to take advantage of suped up smashes.

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You guys were right about Peach. I played Samsora in some friendlies (couldn't finish tourney cause time constraints >.> ), and they went much better than my previous set. I focused less on trampoline and more on Bair, Hydrant as a temp. wall, and lower fruits like Apple, Orange, and strawberry to build damage. I held bells to go for KOs.

Also ran it back against Craig tonight and took the set. I'm getting really good at reacting to grav pull and healing off of it without missing a beat. I still think we lose slightly, but I still don't agree with the hard counter nonsense I see thrown about.

Also, how many of you knew that Fruits don't scale with rage? I knew they never staled, but I thought rage affected everything...but I guess not. For that reason, Fsmash, Usmash, Bell, Side B, Dair (KOs earlier off the top than Uair with full rage), and Hydrant should be our go to KO options when we've got rage built up. Key isn't bad, but rage smashes KO much earlier. On omega wily with pac man as the dummy, from center stage, full rage Fsmash and Usmash could KO at 80% and 83%, respectively, uncharged no DI . Key wont KO until ~127%. Go for Bells instead when you've got rage backing you up to take advantage of suped up smashes.
Yeah rage only affects certain moves and throws.

Our rage Bthrow, Nair and Bair also kill pretty well. Fruits being unaffected by rage and not staling is a mixed blessing.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Yeah rage only affects certain moves and throws.

Our rage Bthrow, Nair and Bair also kill pretty well. Fruits being unaffected by rage and not staling is a mixed blessing.
Are the fruits truly unaffected by rage? I don't believe that.

BSP

Smash Legend
Are the fruits truly unaffected by rage? I don't believe that.
I tested it last night. In training mode, Key will KO pac man from center of omega wily at ~127%. It still takes that much % to KO in a real match with the attacking Pac-Man at 150%+.

Compared to Fsmash, which starts KO'ing pac man from the center of omega Wily as early as 80% uncharged when the attacking pac man is at 150%+. Fruits don't scale with rage for sure.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
This category is where you'll find only the best match-up videos (voted on by you).

Here are the general rules. I will adjust as necessary, and inform you of any changes I make as I make them.

• Video submission ends when voting begins.
    • The week prior to voting, I will post the next match-up.
  • You will have three votes.
    • Place your votes in order (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
    • Videos will receive points based on your vote (1st-3pts; 2nd-2pts; 3rd-1pt)
  • The top three videos will be deemed the Best of the Best.
    • Eventually, will we return to revisit certain match-ups. At this time we will create a Legends award. Old match-up winners will be placed against new match-up winners. The winner of these will become the Legend of that match-up. But we'll work that out when the time comes.
Current Discussion:

Video Submission Deadline: 29 Aug
Voting Period: 30 Aug - 5 Sep​
  1. BSP vs Brawlman - 7/8/15 - TPT II
  2. Pika Kong vs ??? - 7/21/15 - WiFi [3]
  3. Froggy vs Vex - 7/28/15 - The Break #319
  4. BSP vs Bman1K - 6/6/15 - Offline Friendlies [1][2][3][4]
  5. Fromundaman vs ITT - 5/5/15 - TTT3
  6. Fromundaman vs JT - 5/5/15 - TTT3
  7. PEPESPAIN vs naT - 5/9/15 - Densetsu Fighters
  8. Firedemon0 vs Chris - 4/1/15 - For Glory
  9. Zage vs DamuJP - 2/5/15 - Apex 2015
  10. BSP vs Bman1K - 3/30/15 - Friendlies
  11. Lord Cruxis vs zeroyos - 1/28/15 - WiFi
  12. BSP vs Bman1K - 3/13/15 - Friendlies [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]
Up Next:
&

Video Submission Deadline: 5 Sep
Voting Period: 6 Sep - 12 Sep

Best of the Best

[Coming Soon!]​

Last edited:

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Lol where do you know me from? And thanks man i wish i got other matches on stream, i did pretty good.
I remember someone posting a video of yours on Reddit or something? Not sure where but I remember being a fan of your Pac-Man, especially since I saw stuff you set up that I could recognize.

You did! Wish I could do better on stream, the only time I've gone to tournies and gotten on stream I got 2-0'd. Maybe I can blame it on stream jitters? :V

Hopefully next time I go to A&C and go on stream I won't get absolutely bodied. Maybe you'll see me reppin that oven mitts Pac, maybe you'll see my World Warrior Ryu.

I've been playing Ryu too much my Pac-Man's a bit rusty pls help

Last edited:

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
I remember someone posting a video of yours on Reddit or something? Not sure where but I remember being a fan of your Pac-Man, especially since I saw stuff you set up that I could recognize.

You did! Wish I could do better on stream, the only time I've gone to tournies and gotten on stream I got 2-0'd. Maybe I can blame it on stream jitters? :V

Hopefully next time I go to A&C and go on stream I won't get absolutely bodied. Maybe you'll see me reppin that oven mitts Pac, maybe you'll see my World Warrior Ryu.

I've been playing Ryu too much my Pac-Man's a bit rusty pls help
AHHH probably my match against the rob ! Thanks man if youre on wii u we can def play

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Guys I'm like THIS close to dropping Pac-Man. Someone please talk me out of it.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
What's your issue? Why do you wanna drop Pac?
I don't think I'll actually drop him, it's just I was really frustrated at the time when I posted that.

I love Pac a lot, and I think he's the most fun character I've played in any Smash game. It's just disheartening to have so much knowledge of your character and all of these tricks and you put so much work into your play only to fight characters that do so much better with so much less.

I was at a tournament tonight and had like three games where my opponents where up to 200% and I just couldn't take a stock to save my life. No matter how I tried I just had WAY too much trouble killing tonight, like way more than I usually do, and my frustration just got to me really heavily. I ended up getting pretty far in bracket, but I was just feeling super salty in my performance tbh.

Also, I think Lucas legit might give us some trouble.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I lack the MU experience to say as I've only fought one tournament set against a Lucas, but I think you may be right. I know I ended up CPing to Mario against the one I played.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
*Goes into For Glory*
*Gets bodied*
*tries not to cry^
*cries*

Though that was only one match, I did defeat a Shulk, though it wasn't my best play.
All I did was spam fruit outside of his sword range.

Got him to 200% in the first stock after missing two Bell punishes (landed the Bell, didn't get the punish)
Killed him with an offstage Melon in the end.

I was lucky on the second stock, he decided to land right besides me all helpless.
Luckily, Blinky was there to catch the landing.

GG Michel, GG. Was really fun.

I also fought a King DeDeDe.
I learned that you'd rather reflect Gordos for him to shield him than to SH Apple and get it because it's not worth it.
Down Throw Up Air is real too.

Tl;dr My play is rusty and needs focus.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I don't think I'll actually drop him, it's just I was really frustrated at the time when I posted that.

I love Pac a lot, and I think he's the most fun character I've played in any Smash game. It's just disheartening to have so much knowledge of your character and all of these tricks and you put so much work into your play only to fight characters that do so much better with so much less.

I was at a tournament tonight and had like three games where my opponents where up to 200% and I just couldn't take a stock to save my life. No matter how I tried I just had WAY too much trouble killing tonight, like way more than I usually do, and my frustration just got to me really heavily. I ended up getting pretty far in bracket, but I was just feeling super salty in my performance tbh.

Well what's giving you trouble in the Lucas matchup?

What annoys me the most is how his PK Fire creates a big hitbox on our hydrant and fruit. We should beat him in long range and CQC though,

Mid range is a pain because he blows up our fruit in our face

Last edited:
Top Bottom