• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Lloyd Irving.

I don't actually know but I'm reading how a couple of years ago people wanted some guy I never heard of Llyod Irving instead of Pacman.

Last edited:

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
Id never drop pac-man smh if i ever felt i couldnt do something with him there are secondaries and such smh maybe he just grew away from him.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
The part that stings the most is how he's bragging that his new character is so much better than pacman and is our worst matchup.

He won't reveal who it is yet, but we know it isn't Shiek because he said Shiek is too boring.
I've lost a lot of respect for chef pac due to his way of bashing people who like customs and stuff like that, but this pushed me off the edge.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The part that stings the most is how he's bragging that his new character is so much better than pacman and is our worst matchup.

He won't reveal who it is yet, but we know it isn't Shiek because he said Shiek is too boring.
I've lost a lot of respect for chef pac due to his way of bashing people who like customs and stuff like that, but this pushed me off the edge.
Probably someone with a reflector becuz these are hard counters to us amirite?

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
It could be Rosa. I don't know if he already plays her but people act like it's our worst matchup.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I look at it as people pick Rosa against us as an easy win so they don't try as hard and get surprised/frustrated when we counter her staple move against projectile users. Against lower skill players I like to give them act like Rosa shuts us down hard for a bit. Then I flip the switch and proceed to destroy them.

Slidin

Smash Rookie

Pac-Man's sprite in Super Mario Maker. It's exactly as I had hoped, his Japanese Pac-Land sprite! His boots have been edited shorter so that he fits more appropriately, but it isn't noticeable at first glance. Thank you Nintendo!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
3 Pac-man going to Nebulas ! Lets do this shinji and @ Froggy Froggy we got one day left to train and so forth. Lets get pac man on stream and lets get as high as we possibly can :)
Who is Sinji, does he post on the boards?

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Jesus, peeps in the Viability Thread really trying to tell us Pac-Man isn't hard to play.

I hate how much is misunderstood about him.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Jesus, peeps in the Viability Thread really trying to tell us Pac-Man isn't hard to play.

I hate how much is misunderstood about him.
Lol I know right.

I already know that we're going to end up in mid tier for the first couple of tier lists just because of how misunderstood he is. People just try to call us a "typical zoner" with some unique properties and leave it at that. Remember when someone tried to say that link and pacman are the same?? XD

Give it time. The people will see.

Last edited:

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Lol I know right.

I already know that we're going to end up in mid tier for the first couple of tier lists just because of how misunderstood he is. People just try to call us a "typical zoner" with some unique properties and leave it at that. Remember when someone tried to say that link and pacman are the same?? XD

I think with the right buff Pac could definitely be top 10. Most likely SOMETHING to be done with his POS grab.

But as of right now I firmly believe he's definitely top 15-ish. Which I guess is around mid tier.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Lol I know right.

I will say Link and Pacman have similar roles. I personally thought they could be good together in a doubles match.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I think with the right buff Pac could definitely be top 10. Most likely SOMETHING to be done with his POS grab.

But as of right now I firmly believe he's definitely top 15-ish. Which I guess is around mid tier.
With the amount of characters in this game, top 15 is high tier. That's where I would put him too.
I will say Link and Pacman have similar roles. I personally thought they could be good together in a doubles match.
They share creative zoning, but that's where the similarities fall short. Link is more of a turtle character where he benefits more from a reactive playstyle by beating your buttons whith disjoints, where Pac-Man is built around having the tools for every option. What keeps Pac-Man from being stupid is the fact that he needs time to set up, which is why Shiek is difficult, but not impossible, to beat.

Edit:
I would prefer a team with different roles so that they can cover each other's weaknesses.
For example, Shiek can hold opponents back while Pac-Man sets up and stock tanks.

Last edited:

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Eh, I wouldnt say so. Where Link relies on zoning with his projectiles I see Pac-Man's strengths relying on his REGRABBED fruit.

Setting up traps and using the fruit as an extension of his close combat game to put pressure on the opponent. I don't know how many times I've almost broken someone's shields by z-dropping cherries and nairing into shields.

Pac IMO is THE character that makes you play his game because of how different his neutral is to everyone else.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Ima have on lemon shoes @ Froggy Froggy
I was about to bored the train to thing when I double checked the rules an saw that they changed it so that customs are off. That was the entire reason i was excited for this thing.

I'm sorry Maziyah but I have too much going on in my life right now to attend a tournament I am unlikely to enjoy. I wish you the best of luck at this thing and I'll be checking out the stream so I hope I catch your play if you manage to get on.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I was about to bored the train to thing when I double checked the rules an saw that they changed it so that customs are off. That was the entire reason i was excited for this thing.

I'm sorry Maziyah but I have too much going on in my life right now to attend a tournament I am unlikely to enjoy. I wish you the best of luck at this thing and I'll be checking out the stream so I hope I catch your play if you manage to get on.
Unfortunately, this may be the way smash 4 goes in the future.

Too many people wanted to be lazy instead of learning more matchups :/
Feels like smash players don't like depth tbh

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I saw Link and Pacman being similar as they both can go long and short so they can camp out the opponents if they want or they can go in. I never said they play the same.

Unfortunately, this may be the way smash 4 goes in the future.

Too many people wanted to be lazy instead of learning more matchups :/
Feels like smash players don't like depth tbh

My only problems with customs is almost all of the them need to be unlocked and it's random so I can't get them all in a reasonable time. Also I don't know what the official customs rule was but I would like a rule where the players have to tell each other what custom they are using so I know what I'm fighting.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I saw Link and Pacman being similar as they both can go long and short so they can camp out the opponents if they want or they can go in. I never said they play the same.
Oops. Sorry, yeah you are definitely right about that.

My only problems with customs is almost all of the them need to be unlocked and it's random so I can't get them all in a reasonable time. Also I don't know what the official customs rule was but I would like a rule where the players have to tell each other what custom they are using so I know what I'm fighting.
the rule is that you have to reveal what customs you are using. It is a pain to unlock customs, I agree with you.

Why sakurai made it that way is what I want to know.

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
For REPLAYABILITY, OooooOooooOOOooo! (More Ghost Noises and ghost images!)

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Oops. Sorry, yeah you are definitely right about that.

the rule is so that you have to reveal what customs you are using. It is a pain to unlock customs, I agree with you.

Why sakurai made it that way is what I want to know.
It was some very stupid effort to replicate the success of Pokemon trading I imagine.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
Probably Falcon, then.

Also, he mentions "strong secondary" so he's not dropping Pac, just not maining him anymore.

Last edited:

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Yeah I'd say Falcon is one of our easier MU. He can't do anything to trampolines and we can harass him from afar. Also if he get him offstage GG for him he's way easy to gimp.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
That's because Abadango doesn't play pac to his fullest :denzel:

Seriously, if you wait out behind the trampoline near the ledge, you force falcon to play your neutral.
I think trampoline in the middle of the stage is stronger than the ledge. At the ledge you're one hard read away from dying.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
That's because Abadango doesn't play pac to his fullest :denzel:

Seriously, if you wait out behind the trampoline near the ledge, you force falcon to play your neutral.
Eh, its not a MU I really go up against much. I was just kind of guessing on what he was thinking.

Tramp or not, it can still be kinda tricky. Though yeah it's not too bad after you look at that.

Last edited:

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I revise what I said earlier about customs. Some of the customs seem pretty broken. I just fought some pretty mean customs. Although it was also super stuttery. Pac's customs aren't broken but if I would probably ban all customs except Mii Fighters. To make it easier.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
I revise what I said earlier about customs. Some of the customs seem pretty broken. I just fought some pretty mean customs. Although it was also super stuttery. Pac's customs aren't broken but if I would probably ban all customs except Mii Fighters. To make it easier.
Pac's customs are a bit underwhelming, honestly. On-Fire Hydrant is alright, it's what I prefer to use, but outside of that his customs are pretty...eh.

Top Bottom