• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Staarih

Smash Master
lol how come so many people are hating on pac-man suddenly now that hes confirmed??
Nah, I guess it's a normal thing whenever a character is revealed, let alone someone even a bit, say, controversial. Luckily no one forces you to use a character you dislike, but I guess some will still be thinking it'll be a "waste of a slot" if their character of hate gets in. Mmh. Pac-Man is super cool and creative though.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
After brushing on his history, I feel terrible for my ignorance on the character. Like many, I associate Pac-Man with his initial arcade appearance. That game is so much fun, and I play it to this day. Anything else with Pac-Man, I associate with some really bad games I have played growing up.

I dug around and I learned that Pac-Land really pioneered a lot of sidescroller and platformer concepts that would soon become standard. Gaming has a lot to be thankful for, and like with Mr. Game & Watch, a character that bears such immense historical import certainly merits a fully fledged fighter in a game that celebrates video games in of itself.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
After brushing on his history, I feel terrible for my ignorance on the character. Like many, I associate Pac-Man with his initial arcade appearance. That game is so much fun, and I play it to this day. Anything else with Pac-Man, I associate with some really bad games I have played growing up.

I dug around and I learned that Pac-Land really pioneered a lot of sidescroller and platformer concepts that would soon become standard. Gaming has a lot to be thankful for, and like with Mr. Game & Watch, a character that bears such immense historical import certainly merits a fully fledged fighter in a game that celebrates video games in of itself.
It makes me happy to read posts like this. Us Pac-Man fans mostly know this stuff, but seeing him in Smash, and seeing the Pac-Land stage, gets others curious, and in some cases, like yours, allows them to discover the history. That's just fantastic.

Smash really is a collection of gaming's greatest icons. Even if they don't shine quite as brightly now, Smash lets people know how important they were and still are to gaming, and that's one of the reasons I love it so much. It's also one heck of a great fighting game.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Let's not forget how Namco's other arcade classics pioneered features in their own right. Pole Position, for example, was the most realistic racing game at the time of its release, implementing scaling sprites to create the illusion of forward movement and utilizing a control scheme that included a steering wheel, break pedal, accelerator, etc. It set the standard for the racing genre that is still in use today. A lot of those early Namco arcade games were among the most popular and influential of their time. Namco really deserves every right to be represented with Galaga, Mappy, Xevious, and the like. They're just as, if not more important, than Nintendo's own retro classics (Donkey Kong, Punch-Out!, Excitebike, Ice Climber, etc).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Pac-Land (Wii U)
Music: Pac-Land Theme
Pac-Park (Pac-Mania)
Title Screen (Pac-Man World)
Pac-Village (Pac-Man World 2)
Pac Dot Pond (Pac-Man World 2)
Title Screen (Ghostly Adventures)
Pac-Man Theme (Street Fighter X Tekken)
Galaga Pac Jam (Ridge Racer 64)
Quack Cookies
Galaga Legions Theme
*Not done yet*

The Maze (3DS)
Music::Pac-Man Theme (Street Fighter X Tekken)
Pac-Rainbow (Pac-Man Championship Edition)

Better yet, why are whiny idiots hating on Pac-Man in this thread, of all places? I can't take these people seriously when they clearly haven't payed attention to the trailer.
Trolling or they think their word means something for some reason.

Last edited:

Topplox

Smash Apprentice
So quick question. There was a picture someone doodled awhile back of Sonic, Megaman and Mario sitting at table eating lunch, Mario was on the phone with snake saying he couldn't make it. On the last chair was Pac-Mans symbol. Was there ever a follow up picture for it after Pac-Mans announcement trailer?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So quick question. There was a picture someone doodled awhile back of Sonic, Megaman and Mario sitting at table eating lunch, Mario was on the phone with snake saying he couldn't make it. On the last chair was Pac-Mans symbol. Was there ever a follow up picture for it after Pac-Mans announcement trailer?
The person is probably making it.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I was so surprised when he was confirmed. I knew he seemed like an obvious choice, but I didn't think they could do much with a moveset (the only pacman game I played was the first one, so not much to work with). Sakurai is proving me wrong with all these characters he's choosing. I now fully believe him when he said that any character is possible.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
I haven't given up on Snake yet! We need those new Codecs, dang it.

Snake: This guy looks like a Pizza
Otacon: Snake, that's Pac-Man! He's....blahblahblah

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
I haven't given up on Snake yet! We need those new Codecs, dang it.

Snake: This guy looks like a Pizza
Otacon: Snake, that's Pac-Man! He's....blahblahblah
What about an easteregg where Pit and Palutena can talk to different gods and goddesses on the Kid Icarus stages?

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
I just, I still can't get over this. Pac-Man, he looks great. I've never been much for a character that's a summoner Kind of like Pac, but i'll sure as hell get used to it just for pac. I can't get over the fact that Pac-Man can probably wombo-combo Mega-Man alongside with Mario. I just can't get over this miracle. It's so beautiful. Now excuse me while I go cry tears of joy.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
Expecting a tourney player who mains Pac-Man to make their tag "2Pac". Just wait.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the tourney player tags the nicknames they go by in tornament? If so then if I ever become a professional Smash player then I call dibs on the tag "Quarter-Pac" since Pac-Man ran on quarters and ¼ is a number. I can't tell if this nickname is so dumb-sounding it's cool or so cool-sounding it's dumb but I'll be darned if someone else steals it.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey, I found this fan-remix/arrangement of Block Town from Pac-Mania; I think it's sounds very nice! Very catchy and energizing, would fit perfectly in his Maze stage on the 3DS!
I really curious to hear his musical repertoire on Smash4! I'm really hoping for remixes and arrangements from classic tunes and modern ones too; maybe even orchestrated remakes! ... Block Town is one of those that I want in the game,.. NAMCO made so few recreations of this music, and think it's too great to waste this way; I actually just remember a certain portion of Block Town being in the Main Menu of Pac-Man Collection and nothing more. :\/

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Butthurt fan talks about Pac-Man being confirmed:

"Y U PUT IN YELLOW BALL MAN?!?!?!! Y U NO GIVE ME PURPLE METROID DRAGON???? I HATE YOU NINTENDO!"

Oh, the butthurt over Pac's awesomeness. I love it.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Butthurt fan talks about Pac-Man being confirmed:

"Y U PUT IN YELLOW BALL MAN?!?!?!! Y U NO GIVE ME PURPLE METROID DRAGON???? I HATE YOU NINTENDO!"

Oh, the butthurt over Pac's awesomeness. I love it.
I'll take both, please!

Also, that Block Town remix is great. Would love to hear it in-game. My personal most wanted music track from the "Pac-Man series" would be...

To play on either stage.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I think this is a fitting thousandth post for myself. It tells a story, and demonstrates why Pac-Man is unequivocally the best newcomer so far.
Last weekend I didn't post much, because I was at Denver comic-Con. I found myself spending a lot of time in the gaming area, where I got my first taste of Mario Kart 8, a great game that I finally obtained the next day. That isn't what I'm talking about though. There was also an arcade area, which had multiple free play arcade games and pinball tables for anyone to try. There were, among other games, Mrs. Pac-Man, Donkey Kong Jr. and Galaga. Those 3 I played the most. In particular, I was playing Galaga, when I noticed someone was waiting behind me. I finished my game up, and before I left to allow the fellow behind me to play, you know what I thought?
"I'll see you in Smash."
This is why Pac-Man is among the best possible inclusions in this game. It doesn't ony bring Pac-Man, and the Ghosts. It brings all the classic arcade trappings. Galaga, Dig-Dug, Xevious, Rally-X Pole Position, These games were almost as influential as Pac-Man, to the industry and a generation. This wasn't my generation, I'll be 16 in August, but I can easily understand how important it is, and how beautiful it is that it all has a place in Smash.

There you go, I'm a lord now.

Top Bottom