• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
OFFtpc from Smash4 Pac;... but still Pac related... Hey, Pac-friends; I'll be needing some help in the next... months? =P.. If someone is interested, please, PM me; I just can say for now that, I'm needing people with a lot of time avaliable (thing that not even myself have, lolz).

I ask, principally, for @ Bauske Bauske ; @ Pacack Pacack ; @ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles ; @ Nu~ Nu~ and anyone interested =)

--------------
And, taking advantage of the circumstances I'd like to point some things from those days I was OFFline:

- I saw nobody commenting on the Magic Boots subject.. I'm really the only one that find intriguing the fact they are just there in the Pac-Land stage?.. I'm hoping for the become to be a item that any character can use.

- GameXplain still insist to call the Pac-Man's design as a throwback from Pac-Land... ugh.. at least in their last analysis they mentioned Pac-Man World.
-- Also, I'm very disappointed how shallow was the Pac-Man's analysis by them.. missed a lot of things (the MAGIC BOOTS, GOD! >:T),.. obivous things; ... and compared to the recent Palutena's analysis, I can feel a kind of preference between characters, I guess? What a shame! =P (kidding, but was Pac's analysis was one of their worst videos).

- No one cared, but I cared; The Pac-Man's pic of his Bonus Fruit move was posted on the Ghostly Adventures 3DS release date in Japan... *ahem*.. I cared.
Yeah, I would love to, but I'm really busy this summer with an invention me and my buddies are trying to create and patent. I barely have time for smashboards T_T If there's anything small I can contribute, I would love to try and fit it into my schedule

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MgaHrVpHcg
I hope that they include a song like this for the Pac-Land stage but more upbeat and face-paced. Also, what's this project you guys are talking about?
Oh man, that's one of my favorite remixes. I can't wait to hear what our Pac-Land remix is going to be like. Wait...what if they just use the original, so it matches the untouched appearance of the stage itself?

That'd be a bummer. I want a ska remix.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Alright, I'm honestly a little disappointed at the lack of Pac-Man World references with Pac-Man's moveset and stages. It was such a good series that even sold pretty well and it seems that only the original game and Pac-Land are getting referenced.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
That's probably my only disappointment with Pac-Man so far. I didn't want his whole moveset to be based off World, but I wanted to see the Butt-Bounce or Rev-Roll.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I've considered their possibilities as well. I imagine this stage will be somewhat like Golden Plains, rewarding the player who performs the best by granting them a buff of some sort. Perhaps whoever has the highest score by the end of the "level" will be granted the magic boots, which will give them infinite jumps as the stage scrolls back to Pac-Man's house. A little broken, perhaps, but since this stage is a walk-off with no pitfalls (or so we've seen), it probably wouldn't be too unfair.
hmm..maybe,.. but I actually hope it is a item for the general gameplay, not only for this stage... will be funny see the characters with 8-Bit boots in their feet =P.. But, I am also hoping to see content for Pac-Man that's non-sprite based... it's like we had our conversation here before his reveal; it's like ignoring everything done for him, besides the Arcade games.

Think,... The Ribbon Loop Power Pellet for example, working exactly like in Pac-Man World 3; but instead of you needing to make a circle in the ground around the opponent, you need to make a circle in 2D, jumping over the opponent and closing the circle passing beneath him when you can. =D

I'd be glad to help! Let's start a PM once we have everyone.
I already contacted with @ BridgesWithTurtles BridgesWithTurtles by PM, and I advanced the subject, but I'll explain everything better to each one. =) Thanks. 0/

I would love to help, but my new job has been kicking my butt lately. I have almost no free time at all. It sucks. :/ I could still help out in any way I could. Just let me know what you're planning.
Don't worry, I'm not asking for atenção unconditional and permanent. XD.. but if you can help occasionally, it's okay..I'll PM you as well. =) Thanks!

Yeah, I would love to, but I'm really busy this summer with an invention me and my buddies are trying to create and patent. I barely have time for smashboards T_T If there's anything small I can contribute, I would love to try and fit it into my schedule
Any help, even if tiny, will be useful! I'm just needing assist from the most fervent Pac-Man fans. =P... Will PM you too, if you think you can't help, don't worry, I'll understand ^^ thanks!

----changing, once again, the subject;
I know that the video below is more fitting in the Project M section, but... look:

I'm crazy or I already saw this somewhere?

'-'

Staarih

Smash Master
Anyone have any idea what the Japanese reaction to Pac-Man was like? I've been highly curious, but haven't been able to track down much, if any, information on the subject.
I hate that the YouTube comments for the trailer videos are disabled, haha, we'd maybe get a better idea there. Anyway, the Japanese Palutena reveal trailer has gained over 1,2 million views already, while Pac-Man's is somewhere around 415 000. So Palutena was definitely the bigger reveal there, as could be expected I guess. Not that the reaction to Pac-Man is necessarily bad, just maybe... less interesting to them?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I hate that the YouTube comments for the trailer videos are disabled, haha, we'd maybe get a better idea there. Anyway, the Japanese Palutena reveal trailer has gained over 1,2 million views already, while Pac-Man's is somewhere around 415 000. So Palutena was definitely the bigger reveal there, as could be expected I guess. Not that the reaction to Pac-Man is necessarily bad, just maybe... less interesting to them?
I blame the twitter reveal for the views.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yeah. Why on earth did they allow people to tweet the roundtable, but no pictures or video? It makes no sense.
Plus how they have a highlight reel on the NoA youtube channel. :laugh:

So they could've. They just chose not to for some reason.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I DREW A PICTURE, SEE!? NYAAAA, SEE!? NYAAA!

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have any idea what the Japanese reaction to Pac-Man was like? I've been highly curious, but haven't been able to track down much, if any, information on the subject.
When Pac-Man was revealed, i was actually tempted to look up Japanese tweets of a few reactions. Though at the time i didnt look at very many since i was more tempted to see ours and my friends general reactions. I was kinda all over the place when he was announced.

Anyways, from what i can remember, some Japanese fans were pretty upset/confused on why Pac-man got in instead of a Tales of character (i dont remember the names of the characters they wanted) or a Tekken character like Jin, King, or Heihachi. Other Japanese fans were happy to see Pac-man included and that it felt obvious he would join the roster. I remember one person in particular who noticed how it was not the "rebooted" Pac-man and was surprised to see that they added the classic Pac-man, but was happy to see him included regardless of his appearance. There were also people who were just happy to see Mr.Game and Watch in the trailer and thought it was funny to see him together with Pac-man. Now dont take this as the opinions of all the Japanese Smash fans. These are just a few i saw on Twitter once he was revealed. This should at least give us a small idea of what they think until someone comes up with a list of Japanese reactions for the packster.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
When Pac-Man was revealed, i was actually tempted to look up Japanese tweets of a few reactions. Though at the time i didnt look at very many since i was more tempted to see ours and my friends general reactions. I was kinda all over the place when he was announced.

Anyways, from what i can remember, some Japanese fans were pretty upset/confused on why Pac-man got in instead of a Tales of character (i dont remember the names of the characters they wanted) or a Tekken character like Jin, King, or Heihachi. Other Japanese fans were happy to see Pac-man included and that it felt obvious he would join the roster. I remember one person in particular who noticed how it was not the "rebooted" Pac-man and was surprised to see that they added the classic Pac-man, but was happy to see him included regardless of his appearance. There were also people who were just happy to see Mr.Game and Watch in the trailer and thought it was funny to see him together with Pac-man. Now dont take this as the opinions of all the Japanese Smash fans. These are just a few i saw on Twitter once he was revealed. This should at least give us a small idea of what they think until someone comes up with a list of Japanese reactions for the packster.
So pretty much the same reaction US fans had? :p

Actually, I didn't see many people here screaming about his inclusion. Even most of the people who were against him ended up liking how he looked and played.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
So pretty much the same reaction US fans had? :p

Actually, I didn't see many people here screaming about his inclusion. Even most of the people who were against him ended up liking how he looked and played.
Well.. sort of lol. The Japanese had it in a way where they were like "A Tales of or Tekken character would have been a bit nicer" while people here in the U.S were more like "Why the **** is Pac-man in the game!?" or "Where the **** is my Lloyd and Klonoa?!" Granted, the reception now is better, but thats based off when he was first revealed. Also, for the record, not a single person i saw in the Japanese tweets mentioned Lloyd. They mentioned other Tales of character, but i dont really know or remember who they are.

In comparison, the Japanese acted more in a way where they were scratching their heads while people here in the U.S were just down right mad at his inclusion. Luckily, things have taken a better turn for Pac-man in terms of response.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Finally talked to a real life friend of mine about the Pac-Man reveal.

And this is basically what he said.

"This is a bunch of bull! Why can't Lloyd be in the game?!"

The funny argument that happened after that stemmed from him being in denial over how Tales isn't that popular outside of Japan as he thought.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
My 8-year-old cousin asked me about Smash today. Somehow, we got on the subject of mobile games, and eventually, Pac-Man. I showed him the Pac-Man trailer, and he was so surprised to find out that he had a 3D form that was different from what he recognized from Disney XD. He was ecstatic when I told him that Pac-Man is going to be in the game, but seemed to completely lose interest when he saw that Pac-Man would appear in his anthropomorphic form. After I explained to him that his design comes from the original cabinet art on the arcade game, he was more receptive of the idea, though still confused at the decision to not use his Ghostly Adventures design.

From what I can tell, GA seems to be the design most youngsters today are familiar with, so even if most of us Smashers are rejoicing at the use of the classic design, it's funny to think that nearly an entire generation of kids may be scratching their heads. While we may refuse to recognize "that abomination" as Pac-Man, for others, it's the complete opposite. Now, I think that, trying to be as unbiased as possible, the classic design is objectively better, but it still goes to show that when we grow up and what we're surrounded with in our formative years shape our perception of differences across time. No doubt there will one day be Smashers who will regard Smash 4 as the greatest in the series, having never even played the "magnum opus" that is Melee, let alone the 64 original.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
My 8-year-old cousin asked me about Smash today. Somehow, we got on the subject of mobile games, and eventually, Pac-Man. I showed him the Pac-Man trailer, and he was so surprised to find out that he had a 3D form that was different from what he recognized from Disney XD. He was ecstatic when I told him that Pac-Man is going to be in the game, but seemed to completely lose interest when he saw that Pac-Man would appear in his anthropomorphic form. After I explained to him that his design comes from the original cabinet art on the arcade game, he was more receptive of the idea, though still confused at the decision to not use his Ghostly Adventures design.

From what I can tell, GA seems to be the design most youngsters today are familiar with, so even if most of us Smashers are rejoicing at the use of the classic design, it's funny to think that nearly an entire generation of kids may be scratching their heads. While we may refuse to recognize "that abomination" as Pac-Man, for others, it's the complete opposite. Now, I think that, trying to be as unbiased as possible, the classic design is objectively better, but it still goes to show that when we grow up and what we're surrounded with in our formative years shape our perception of differences across time. No doubt there will one day be Smashers who will regard Smash 4 as the greatest in the series, having never even played the "magnum opus" that is Melee, let alone the 64 original.
I hilariously had a similar experience with my 7 year old cousin. Actually, before Pac-Man was even revealed, he wanted to see him playable in the next Smash Bros. He's become a fan of the TV show and its because of that reason he wanted to see the packster get in. When Pac-Man was revealed, i showed him the trailer for it and he became so excited that he started screaming. Hilariously though, he didnt really notice a difference between the World design and the GA design. He still doesn't, oddly. Regardless, he's happy to see him in the game.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well what do you know? Miyamoto wanted Pac-man in Brawl back when it was in development and was almost added as a guest character in the game. http://kotaku.com/pac-man-almost-got-into-super-smash-bros-brawl-1599610742
"Almost added" is seriously stretching it. He was requested by Miyamoto and dismissed by Sakurai shortly thereafter.

However, I'm pretty sure Miyamoto asked again when they were going to work with Namco...he might've even arranged that himself :laugh:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
some will want to hit me, but whatever.. here is one more of my montages (funny how I'm still doing these post Pac-Man being confirmed XD);..

A personal wish for an Alt. =P;

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Pac-Man is huge in this game. He's as tall as Mario, Sonic, and friends. I always imagined him as being two feet tall at most.

Also, thanks to Miis, we can host another epic 4-man free-for-all: Miyamoto vs Naka vs Inafune vs Iwatani.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well, as we all noticed before; Pac is smaller than Mario; at least in his appearances in Mario Kart (even having the same states of Mario in terms of acceleration, weight and speed);

but then again, it's Super Smash Bros., size doesn't matter, huh? =P *cof cof*

and Pac have power ups that changes his size anyway...

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
some will want to hit me, but whatever.. here is one more of my montages (funny how I'm still doing these post Pac-Man being confirmed XD);..

A personal wish for an Alt. =P;
I have no problem with the version of Pac-Man.. Except don't like his eyes like that. I like them colored on black and when he closes them they turn into a line... Also the fingers make his hands look gigantic and disproportional... And the shoes are too childish-looking for me with their "cool-kid" sneaker design... Plus the limbs are too thick, the tone of yellow is off, the mouth looks too hollow, the tongue is too pinkish, and the nose looks a little big and stubby...

Lol, sorry just nitpicking to joke around with you GA-design fans. Personally, I prefer the design Sakurai used but if a GA alternate costume will make more Pac fans happy then let it happen.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I have no problem with the version of Pac-Man.. Except don't like his eyes like that. I like them colored on black and when he closes them they turn into a line... Also the fingers make his hands look gigantic and disproportional... And the shoes are too childish-looking for me with their "cool-kid" sneaker design... Plus the limbs are too thick, the tone of yellow is off, the mouth looks too hollow, the tongue is too pinkish, and the nose looks a little big and stubby...

Lol, sorry just nitpicking to joke around with you GA-design fans. Personally, I prefer the design Sakurai used but if a GA alternate costume will make more Pac fans happy then let it happen.
Basically, you prefer the actual Smash/World design.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I have no problem with the version of Pac-Man.. Except *everything
XD XD;

no problem, we all know that most of people are not quite happy with Pac's reboot;.. but I still think it's just a matter of time; it's too new yet.

I'm also happy that Sakurai picked his Pac-Man World design, it's not only MY favorite design, but also embraces more fans and people accustomed to this version;

BUT, I wanted that G.A. Pac instead, seriously; NAMCO could use this for do more marketing on him and his image;.. but I guess Pac-Man is Pac-Man.. so no worries. I'm hoping for a mention of his modern days, at least.. can be tiny as a sticker, but I'll be happy anyway. =)

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm pretty sure that GA Pac-Man will be an alt costume.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
If not that, then the Party design.

Though I only see that happening if Sakurai A: hates the GA design or B: really likes the Party design.
Well, there isn't a differece between the 2, other than fingers.

Top Bottom