• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I just can't get over how cool Pac's Side Special is. As neat as it would be to see him rolling, what we got still looks friggin' sweet.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pac-Man World 2

It's the definitive 3D Pac-Man game and my personal favorite game of all time (admittedly mainly due to nostalgia). It's super cheap for Gamecube online and you can get Pac-Man Vs. with it, which is a really great game from Miyamoto himself.

Go. Play it. Love it.
In addition to the above, I'd recommend the original Pac-Man World as well. It's a personal favorite, and very difficult (for me anyway; Anubis Rex can go die in a fire).

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX is also the definitive maze experience in the Pac-Man series, if that's more your cup of tea. It's my personal favorite game in the series.
Okee, so, at the moment, I have Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, and Pac-Man World for the GBA. I'm looking into Pac-Man World 2, but is World 3 worth looking into too? Since I'd have the 1st and 2nd, why not the third, you know? Also, are there any other Pac-Man games I should look into, or no? o uo"

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Okee, so, at the moment, I have Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, and Pac-Man World for the GBA. I'm looking into Pac-Man World 2, but is World 3 worth looking into too? Since I'd have the 1st and 2nd, why not the third, you know? Also, are there any other Pac-Man games I should look into, or no? o uo"
World 3 is a decent game, but it's waaaaaaay too easy with no difficulty setting, is kinda slow paced, and just a lot less enjoyable than World 2. It's kinda unanimously agreed upon that World 2's the better game...but I wouldn't necessarily say to not get it either.

Aside from that, consider getting Pac-Man: Adventures Through Time. It's a nice and fun little game in the maze style that doesn't resort to using the pie design.

I also really liked Pac-Man World Rally, but I wouldn't get it unless you're a fan of Mario Kart. It's similar in many ways, though; in my opinion, it's superior gameplay-wise to the Mario Karts of its time.

(Also, be sure to get the Pac-Man World 2/Pac-Man Vs. bundle. Pac-Man Vs. is actually really fun to play with friends and it doesn't up the price too much.)

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Whoa whoa whoa~!

So in the Smash For Wii U forum I just found a thread about some new Famitsu photos of Smash. At first glance, these don't look like anything new, and @ Hong Hong locked the thread because of it, but if you look closely at this page here, you can see something different we haven't seen before.

PAC-MAN HAS DIFFERENT SHOES

Here, I'll show you.

Compare this to my icon or the actual image of Pac-Man on the Smash Bros. site and you'll see what I mean. He has a white stripe on them as well as, from what it looks like, a white heel. Could this be a palette swap in reference to Pac-Man 2?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Whoa whoa whoa~!

So in the Smash For Wii U forum I just found a thread about some new Famitsu photos of Smash. At first glance, these don't look like anything new, and @ Hong Hong locked the thread because of it, but if you look closely at this page here, you can see something different we haven't seen before.

Here, I'll show you.

Compare this to my icon or the actual image of Pac-Man on the Smash Bros. site and you'll see what I mean. He has a white stripe on them as well as, from what it looks like, a white heel. Could this be a palette swap in reference to Pac-Man 2?

Nice find, if this is anything to go buy, Pac-Man probably won't have alternate colors, but his shoes and gloves may change. I'm happy about that, I personally can't see Pac-Man with any other color but yellow.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Nice find, if this is anything to go buy, Pac-Man probably won't have alternate colors, but his shoes and gloves may change. I'm happy about that, I personally can't see Pac-Man with any other color but yellow.
Right, same for me. I like @CyberWolfJV TheGuy07's idea best about using alternate costumes for him instead of colors, like the Sir Pac-A-Lot knight costume, the Pac-Land hat, or the Super Pac-Man cape and mask, so them using Pac-Man 2's shoes makes for a nice color swap without losing his iconic yellowness.

Hong

The Strongest
Hm? Strange, those scans were not in thread I locked, and I didn't see any more included in the imgur leak. Where did you find that, or am I just that bad with the new imgur?

Edit - Nevermind. Found them on the official site. I'll reopen that thread and edit them in. Thanks. ^~^

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Whoa whoa whoa~!

Here, I'll show you.

It's interesting, for sure...but I don't think that's enough of a change to easily tell them apart. Maybe that alt is noticeably paler?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
It's interesting, for sure...but I don't think that's enough of a change to easily tell them apart. Maybe that alt is noticeably paler?
Looks the same color to me. The colors overall look paler, but that's because of the scan, not the game.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
If so, that's a terrible design choice aesthetically. Nothing but the shoes and maybe the gloves being slightly different? That's worse than Sonic.
True, but Pac-Man in Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures didn't look any different than he normally does except for his shoes and brown gloves. Look at the Japanese box art I posted above. He looks the same except for different shoes.

To me, it's still a pretty dang cool reference because I love that game.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
True, but Pac-Man in Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures didn't look any different than he normally does except for his shoes and brown gloves. Look at the Japanese box art I posted above. He looks the same except for different shoes.

To me, it's still a pretty dang cool reference because I love that game.
Well, yeah, it's faithful, but it doesn't make sense from a design point of view. How can you tell classic pac from this recolor at a glance?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Well, yeah, it's faithful, but it doesn't make sense from a design point of view. How can you tell classic pac from this recolor at a glance?
Sonic didn't really change much. Even with the subtle color tones, he still looked almost identical in each pallet swap. The only thing different on him was his bracelets, and even that was enough to make them stand out apart from each other.

Same goes for Pikachu with his hats/goggles or Jigglypuff with her decorations. The character still looks the same, but has a little extra detail.

I think Pac-Man will be fine with subtle design changes to differentiate his costumes. Honestly, I don't know what else to expect. Like I said earlier, anything but a yellow Pac-Man is weird to me.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Hey! For those of you upset about lack of Pac-Man World References, I realized that red dot chain will probably be a variant of dot chain.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Sonic didn't really change much. Even with the subtle color tones, he still looked almost identical in each pallet swap. The only thing different on him was his bracelets, and even that was enough to make them stand out apart from each other.

Same goes for Pikachu with his hats/goggles or Jigglypuff with her decorations. The character still looks the same, but has a little extra detail.

I think Pac-Man will be fine with subtle design changes to differentiate his costumes. Honestly, I don't know what else to expect. Like I said earlier, anything but a yellow Pac-Man is weird to me.
But he did have the subtle color tone change. That did help, even if it's not highly praised.

Pacman80

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm new here. I don't really know how this website works, but I can do this!
:4pacman::4pacman::4pacman::4pacman::4pacman::4pacman::4pacman::4pacman::4pacman::4pacman::4pacman::4pacman::4pacman::4pacman:

Pacman80

Smash Rookie
Can I talk about alternate skins/costumes here? Or do I talk about that somewhere else?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
There are specific threads related to Pac. Go there.
Well this is kind of a general Pac-Man support thread, so nothing wrong with talking about any of that here either. You'll get more attention in the appropriate threads, though.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I found something amusing when I paused pac-man's trailer:
pac-man transform.png

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Welp, that'll be someone's icon soon.
You may have just convinced me to change my avatar. Which is no mean feat. I have had 4 avatars my entire smashboards career.
EDIT: I can't believe it.
EDIT2: I have found a hapy medium

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
You may have just convinced me to change my avatar. Which is no mean feat. I have had 4 avatars my entire smashboards career.
EDIT: I can't believe it.
EDIT2: I have found a hapy medium
Haha that looks so awkward and amazing. I love it. :D

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I gotta say, I think Megaman and Pac-Man have the most impressive movesets among the third party characters. They look very loyal to their origins. Though Snake's moveset was cool. But there were certain weapons he wasn't allowed to use.

At first, I wasn't sure what to think of Pac-Man, I figured he'd be okay at best. Though now I'm more excited to actually use him.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't really thrilled about the idea of Pac-Man in the game, but I love what they've done to him. He feels like a character that lovingly represents Namco and their history as a whole, rather than just Pac-Man on his own. Plus he just looks fantastic.

He has a Mappy recovery. That's awesome.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
When Pac-Man was confirmed I immediately rushed to find my Pac-Man world disc.

Ah, nostalgia.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Well, I just got a used copy of pac-man Party for 10 bucks. It is actually really good, has a surprising amount of depth for it's genre.

Pacman80

Smash Rookie
Someone tried to ban me for saying Robin looks like a girl :p This website is worse than Miiverse...

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Regardless, let's get back to the Pac-Man chat, peoples.

So... what does everyone here think of Pac-In-Time?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I did? I only quoted pacman80...
Maybe i wasn't supposed to tinker with the post number while replying to him?
Apparently so. Though it's not the first time I've gotten a confusing alert. Maybe it's just an error on my side.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Possibly. BTW, how did you get a purple username and the word "pranked" underneath it. I've been wondering how that happens to people on this forum XD
All I know is Premium users put it on you. Like a "kick me" sign.
You don't know who does it or why, it just happens.

Top Bottom