• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

D

Deleted member

I really love how his sound effects still feel sort of arcade-y. Does Pac-man normally have sound effects like that? Only game I've ever played is the arcade one.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
It's great to be here. There is absolutely no negativity allowed! No Hype Killers, no spoilers, no items, Pac-man only.
If Pac-Man is happy, so are we!
Pac-Man's always happy.

I really love how his sound effects still feel sort of arcade-y. Does Pac-man normally have sound effects like that? Only game I've ever played is the arcade one.
Often, yes. However, it's not unusual for him to have a voice either (as he does in Ghostly Adventures).

EDIT: Oops, that was a double post. I thought your post was after mine for a second there >.<

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Further proof Pac-Man can create big hype.
Smashboards was just being the "popular" Smashboards it was, making "popular" "clearly makes sense" assumptions.

Last edited:

Cheesedork

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna agree, someone else explained it to me, but I still don't understand why people hate it.

Pac put on some contacts
Got some neat-*** gloves and shoes and there you go, Pac-Man.

Sure you can argue the limbs and nose size changed but whatever.
I don't mind his new design, but I just hate his new voice.
Pac-Man is a preteen? What?

Also, yaaaaay Pac-Man!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Happy 100th page!

I can't be happier with how Pac turned out.
He looks so unique, it looks like Sakurai really made him specifically to stick it to the haters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I still cannot get over the fact Pac-Man is in... I've been watching the reveal trailer over and over again. Damn... I am so hyped for Pac-Man... far more than I am for Mii and Palutena... and I supported them both too.

PF9

Smash Lord
You know, in a way, Pac-Man is the first character from a Hanna-Barbera cartoon series to appear in Smash. Hanna-Barbera produced a Pac-Man cartoon in the early 1980s, well before Mario or Pokemon had their own cartoons (many elements of Pokemon are in turn influenced by H-B - the main Pokemon, Meowth and Pikachu, are cat and mouse, like Tom and Jerry).

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
FAN THEORY
Remember how Sakurai stated they were aiming towards primary colors? The primary colors are Red, Blue, and Yellow, which means he was hinting at Pac-Man's appearance, even if he didn't know he was!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
BUM-Bum-BUM-Bum-Bunna-Ba, BUM-Bum-BUM-Bum-Bunna-Ba, Budada Buddada Budada BA.
100th page.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why did people think Namco would put someone other than their mascot?

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
Y'know, I expected the little yellow rascal to be in, but I just wanted to congratulate you guys.
No matter how late that congratulations is.
Also, how do you all feel about his moveset?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Why did people think Namco would put someone other than their mascot?
Because people let bias cloud their vision and make up reasons why Pac-Man couldn't work but their favorite character could work better.

There are a lot of great Namco characters that could have been included, but Pac-Man was literally the only one that was going to make it in. Us Pac fans knew it, but I think everyone else underestimated him.

D

Deleted member

Check out his victory animation. He's the cutest !
Favorite parts of the video:
The guy screaming "YEAH!" as soon as you hear the waka waka.
Sakurai taunting at the start of the first Pac-Man match.
That candid thumbs-up at the mega fan.

Pac-Man's moveset has got to be one of the strangest I've seen, what with the dot that he chases in mid-air and the summons. Too bad it's not in the demo. I have doubts this stuff will end up tourney-viable, but I'm going to have a lot of fun using it on my friends online.

Hong

The Strongest
I was like "Why is everyone talking about why this design is so good? I don't see the big deal. What could be so bad?"

Then I saw it.

The new Pac-Man in whatever new ****ty game he is in.

Goodness graciously.

Based Sakurai, representing Mega Man and Pac-Man way better than their respective companies these days. I don't know what the **** that thing is, but I don't want him in this game. I like the design they used in Smash way better.

Our boy is in good hands.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Sorry that I am late, but Pac-Man's trailer was awesome. Definitely planning on maining the Pacster.

It almost made me shed a tear of joy.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Why are Pac-man's eyes floating in this picture?
I assume that's his Final Smash, so maybe when he eats a player, the eaten one will turn into ghost eyes like this, much like what happens in the original Pac-Man arcade game when Pac-Man eats a ghost/enemy.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
But that brings about an interesting point. Is Pac-Man's final smash a one-hit KO? He gets pretty huge it looks like, as he was at least twice as tall as Mario, Sonic, or Mega Man. If his final smash is a one-hit kill, that's going to be stupidly OP.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
But that brings about an interesting point. Is Pac-Man's final smash a one-hit KO? He gets pretty huge it looks like, as he was at least twice as tall as Mario, Sonic, or Mega Man. If his final smash is a one-hit kill, that's going to be stupidly OP.
It's always going to be. No matter how you look at it. However, it'll probably be fairly easy to avoid.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I expected Palutena to be the one stealing the show at E3, but I think I see Pac-Man turning more heads than anything. He seems to be ameliorating the sour taste left by the Miis, as well.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Just stopping in tp share how happy i am with Pacman! His design, moveset, and even the trailer are all perfect!

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey Pac-people! how are the things? What a beautiful day here in Pac-Land! ... Smash4 is coming, the roster and the game looks and plays amazing; and oh... how can I forget, a beautiful yellow tone was added in this game! ^-^ .. Oh, such a perfect week, I won't forget this, ..never!

btw, what you guys think of my profile update post-E3!?; Some will like to see non-blue eyes Pac around XD... I'm just happy!; and I'm still working on my analysis and my video reaction.. can take a while, but, I'll be glad to share soon! =)

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I was one of the ones who didn't think Pac-Man could ever work in a fighting game, and with how poorly Street Fighter X Tekken treated him, my thoughts were that he would never appear in a fighting game ever again.

I was proven wrong, and I am thankful for that.

Last edited:

Lanog20

Smash Apprentice

Can we all take a moment to thank Sakurai for doing the designs for Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man the right way?

Hong

The Strongest
Final Smash and balance don't go together.

On a segregated stage like Palutena's temple or anything with high platforms, I rather have almost any other Final Smash.

Final Fujin 2

Banned via Warnings
and I thought the ****ing miis were dumb.

Pacman is an awful character choice.

Like wtf is he gonna do, eat people the entire time?
He hasn't even had a game anyone wanted to play in like 20 years.

So dumb.

Seriously judging anyone who wanted this thing in the smash series.

Top Bottom