• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Pac-Man's Amazing Full Colour Fan Club! - Pac-Man General Thread

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
You know what, I'm just going to ask.

What exactly wrong with Pac's modern(Party/Ghostly Adventures) design? Ugh, the complaints are just as bad and the complaint about Sonic having green eyes.
I'm gonna agree, someone else explained it to me, but I still don't understand why people hate it.

Pac put on some contacts
Got some neat-ass gloves and shoes and there you go, Pac-Man.

Sure you can argue the limbs and nose size changed but whatever.

ender_idk

Smash Journeyman
MARIO VS SONIC VS MEGA MAN VS PAC MAN, NO ITEMS FINAL DESTINATION, HEY YO LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, congrats everyone! :grin:

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I'm gonna agree, someone else explained it to me, but I still don't understand why people hate it.

Pac put on some contacts
Got some neat-*** gloves and shoes and there you go, Pac-Man.

Sure you can argue the limbs and nose size changed but whatever.
He also got paler, which is my personal beef with it. I made a post about it before.

It might just be because I'm color sensitive and consider pure yellow to slightly orange-tinted yellow my favorite color.

This is about my ideal spectrum (maybe a bit more into the orange spectrum, but you get the idea).

This is the (approximate) base color of the more saturated Pac-Man:
(#FFDD00)

This is the (approximate) base color of the less saturated Pac-Man:
(#FDD95D)

See the difference? The first one is in the spectrum of my favorite colors, and the second isn't even close. That might be what puts me off on the second one so much.

I still do prefer the more simple World design overall, but I actually kind of like the more saturated GA design as well.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I'll admit. I was a dissenter. I didn't like Pac-Man. I appreciated him, I understood his importance, I knew why people, and Sakurai, would want him. But I didn't like him. I, like so many, thought fitting him into Smash would be an impossible feat. I thought he would be out of place and ridiculous. And, like Sonic, I was biased by the fact that all of his games have been terrible in recent years (which has made me dislike Sonic as well, even though it ain't his fault that his creators are butchering him).

But I saw this trailer. I'm a believer. Sakurai stunned me at how well he fit him in. He looks fine, and fights with a nostalgic feel remniscent of G&W while paying homage to his own games, and those of his company. He looks cool.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
That trampoline move is gonna be crazy if you can use it properly, considering after three jumps of increasing height, whoever falls into it next goes immediately into freefall (since that's what happened to Mario without even using Super Jump Punch).

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I love how 8-bit Pinky and Clyde hover around Pac-Man's head, since in Pac-Man World 3 (One of the games this Pac-Man's design comes from), Pinky and Clyde help out Pac-Man during his adventure.
It's the little details.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
In World 3, he's the Red One. ._.
Thanks for correction, I find it hard to believe they'd mix that up in their own game, but apparently there is no continuity whatsoever in these games, even when it comes to names

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
In the reveal trailer what the eff is that ugly stage at :58?
It's the first level from Pac-Land, if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for correction, I find it hard to believe they'd mix that up in their own game, but apparently there is no continuity whatsoever in these games, even when it comes to names
You're right in that continuity is practically non-existent within this franchise, but to be fair, Pac-Man World 3 was made by some small third-party developer, and not the main Namco team, like the previous two games.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's the first level from Pac-Land, if I'm not mistaken.

You're right in that continuity is practically non-existent within this franchise, but to be fair, Pac-Man World 3 was made by some small third-party developer, and not the main Namco team, like the previous two games.
It's hilariously ugly.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Congrats, Pac-fans! I too was rooting for him the whole time, so I'm glad to see him in, especially with such a unique moveset.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The trailer is amazing. My favorite character revealed thus far. Sakurai really poured creativity and a sense of life into this new Smash.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey guys! I'm alive? this is real life? My beloved Pac is in the most famous fighting game of the gaming industry?... In the most awesome crossover that happens just ONCE per generation?... Oh dear. TuT... Still very hyped!

But later I'll share better my thoughts about his reveal trailer, the choice of design (which I, besides liking the modern one, as everybody here knows, completely loved when I saw), moveset, analysis (not a much deep one) and such.

I'll editing my reaction video of E3; the Pac reveal comes in the end. =P

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Or 64 Pikachu.

Probably better than Meta Knight in the amount of positive matchups.
Or Melee Fox/Falco. There's always one character who dominates every other. The trend will hopefully end at Smash 4, and we won't have anyone be that overpowered. Of course, some characters will always be better, and one character will stand out as the best, but it should never be that lopsided again. Meta games shouldn't be defined by one character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So who else downloaded Pac-Land from Wii U eShop? It is somewhat difficult... I managed to get to the mountain level. The controls take some getting used to... you move left with B button and right with A button and jump with the + D pad.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Or Melee Fox/Falco. There's always one character who dominates every other. The trend will hopefully end at Smash 4, and we won't have anyone be that overpowered. Of course, some characters will always be better, and one character will stand out as the best, but it should never be that lopsided again. Meta games shouldn't be defined by one character.
Fox and Falco were just top. They don't have their own tier for a reason.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
Sooooo does this mean that pacman was involved all along? Or was he added when that familiar shaped cloud in greninjas trailer appeared?

D

Deleted member

Guys.
I can't stop watching Pac-man's trailer.
I was indifferent to this character before, but now I might just have to secondary him.

Help

My brother said that his colors should be hats just so that one of his colors could be a bow. Ms. Pac-man recolor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Guys.
I can't stop watching Pac-man's trailer.
I was indifferent to this character before, but now I might just have to secondary him.

Help

My brother said that his colors should be hats just so that one of his colors could be a bow. Ms. Pac-man recolor.
Welcome to the bright and happy side <33

I agree. At least for Classic Pac. I would like to see Ms. Pac-Man, Jr. Pac-Man, and Professor Pac-Man hats.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
So who else downloaded Pac-Land from Wii U eShop? It is somewhat difficult... I managed to get to the mountain level. The controls take some getting used to... you move left with B button and right with A button and jump with the + D pad.
That game is really hard. I think I've gotten to trip three or something before I finally failed. On Pac-Man Museum, there's a goal to get 500,000 points, and there's no way I'll ever do that.

Sooooo does this mean that pacman was involved all along? Or was he added when that familiar shaped cloud in greninjas trailer appeared?
Pretty sure he was planned all along.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
You can switch around the controls to make them feel more traditional, but if I were you I'd just keep it the default way because that's how the devs made it. But that's just me, do what you want.

Also, I'm thinking of buying the NES Pac-Man for $1.00 on eShop. I've got $1.59 right now but I may wait and save up for GBA Pac-Man Collection which includes Pac-Man, Pac-Mania, and more.

Top Bottom