• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pac-Man Tournament Results Thread

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
PEPESPAIN:
17th out of 107 :: Mr.C Fest 3 :: Offline, Novelda (Alicante):: 28/11/15

Biggest Spanish Tournament

Lost to Robo~Luigi's R.O.B (Played G&W) on winners and against Nexo's Wario in losers

Last edited:

xzx

Smash Lord
Noticed I haven't posted my results yet. Have only attended one SSB4 tournament so far and it was B.E.A.S.T 5. This is irrelevant and outdated, however, as this tournament took place almost one year ago. But I still want to post this nonetheless so I can keep track of my progress in this very thread. (I am going to attend B.E.A.S.T 6 this February though. I have become much better since Beast V and I aim to place much higher at Beast VI - winning it, in fact ;P That's what I'm aiming for.)

xzx
9th out of 136 :: B.E.A.S.T 5 :: Gothenburg, Sweden :: 11/01/15
http://smashboards.com/threads/b-e-a-s-t-5-results-shoutouts.386840/

More info about the event: http://www.ssbwiki.com/B.E.A.S.T_5

Last edited:

LanceStern

Smash Lord
FINALLY CAUGHT UP.

I'm so sorry to everyone that has been faithfully posting and not seeing the main thread updated. I was not responsible in posting in a timely manner and I truly apologize for that.

From here on I WILL be updating every Sunday (or Monday) to make sure the main thread stays current. I'm hoping to do an end-of-the-year awards based on the data we collect (like most consistent, breakout star, etc).

Shoutouts to NCAM for great improvement and WINNING your local.

Shoutouts to Sinji for doing absolutely phenomenal in your tournies. Way to rep Pac Man AND get sponsored.

Pepespain for your phenomenal results always. Thank you for posting even when you didn't see it getting udpated

RaveRemix for showing up out of nowhere and getting 1st in your tournament.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
XZX is that a tournament from this year (11/01/2015) or last year (11/01/2014)?

And Sinji I have 3 posts from you that don't have bracket or challonge info. Can you supply those? The referenced posts are below:

9th out of 176 at KTAR (post #151??)

5th in Nebulous (Post #154)

2nd (Post #157)

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839

revengeska

Smash Apprentice

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Do you have any initial opinions on the Pac/Bayonetta matchup from playing NinjaLink? I'm not 100% sure how to approach her atm.
The things I was looking for, NinjaLink didn't go for it. I had my back towards him and waited for a grounded side b. Then when she passes me I get a free shield grab. He didn't do that. He downsmash my hydrant and it makes it tumble limiting my options. Pac-Man can up air if you power shield her aerial side b going downwards. IDK. If you make one mistake, it's over. I did fade away fair and NinjaLink witch timed me. Her guns drop our fruit. If we get lucky we can drop a galaxion/key for Zdrops but other then that she bodies Pac-Man. For now that's what I have. I'm not sure if I should still use Pac-Man against her or use my secondary. It's still early to tell.

verbatim

Smash Ace
The things I was looking for, NinjaLink didn't go for it. I had my back towards him and waited for a grounded side b. Then when she passes me I get a free shield grab. He didn't do that. He downsmash my hydrant and it makes it tumble limiting my options. Pac-Man can up air if you power shield her aerial side b going downwards. IDK. If you make one mistake, it's over. I did fade away fair and NinjaLink witch timed me. Her guns drop our fruit. If we get lucky we can drop a galaxion/key for Zdrops but other then that she bodies Pac-Man. For now that's what I have. I'm not sure if I should still use Pac-Man against her or use my secondary. It's still early to tell.
I don't think I've ever seen you use a secondary, if it's not a secret weapon who do you secondary?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I never did witch time on you or rather 'freeze you' with it. I know how you play so you need to change it up.

Last edited:

verbatim

Smash Ace
I never did witch time on you or rather 'freeze you' with it. I know how you play so you need to change it up.
I'll bite, what's your opinion on the pac/bayo matchup? Just from talking around I get the opinion (probably wrong) that Bayonetta doesn't have to respect the hydrant as much as other characters but she doesn't have much ways to harshly punish Pacman unless he directly lands on top of her shield (tangentially related, how wide of a range does Bayonetta's up b OOS have, I'm wondering how safe it is to pressure her shield from the side since she doesn't appear to have many other great OOS options).

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Some of my tournaments have some mistakes:

There correct one are :
2nd out of 32 (Pacman + Villager) :: 5th Salon Manga Alicante :: Alicante, Spain :: 04/13/2015
17th out of 50 :: Densetsu Fighters :: Villareal, Spain :: 05/09/2015

and my nick is PEPESPAIN no Pepespain :p

THANKS!

Last edited:

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
Smash @ The Cave: Wii U Doubles :: 2/12/2016
1st of 6 (******Pacman + Pacman*******) : http://thecavessb.challonge.com/xjxp3ki7

The other Pacman was Zage and my god Pacman + Pacman teammates is pure mayhem. But we for the most part walloped the #1 player in our region and his teammate. Just pure chaos. There were team kills all around lol.

idk, maybe the best partner for Pacman in doubles is Pacman lol.

Last edited:

LanceStern

Smash Lord
SINJI Your results have been solid this year. Can you do me a favor and post the location of your tournaments and how many opponents enter? Also do you have any videos of your Pac?

Pepespain thanks for posting. I corrected your results.

Welcome to our new tournament posters Aaron1997 and PurpleDebo. Solid showings

Last edited:

xzx

Smash Lord
xzx
Singles: 17th out of 267 :: B.E.A.S.T 6 :: Gothenburg, Sweden :: 21/01/16

Doubles: 13th out of 83. (Teamed up with my twinbrother ccst, who mains R.O.B.)

Event info: http://www.ssbwiki.com/BEAST_6

Will be posting the matches (that got recorded) in the video thread when they are available. Played good until it became later and later. Having to wake up at 6 A.M. and only get around 4-5h of sleep made (took?) its tolls, which will show in our later team matches. So it could have gone much better. Same with my singles progress on Sunday. Anyway, it is what it is.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
SINJI Your results have been solid this year. Can you do me a favor and post the location of your tournaments and how many opponents enter? Also do you have any videos of your Pac?

Pepespain thanks for posting. I corrected your results.

Welcome to our new tournament posters Aaron1997 and PurpleDebo. Solid showings

Here is a recent one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AagyQgx4-E

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
7th out of 25 (Pacman + Villager) :: VAMPIR3: Love Ed! :: Novelda, Spain :: 02/13/2016

Lost to Rafiki (ZSS + Shulk, played PAC & Villager) and Pitikla's Palutena (Player Villager only)

You didn't solve all my tournament score mistakes :(

- 2nd out of 32 (Pacman + Villager) :: 5th Salon Manga Alicante :: Alicante, Spain :: 04/13/2015
You can see 5 degree that it isn't correct.
- My nick is PEPESPAIN no Pepespain, caps on my nick please

Last edited:
Top Bottom