• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Pac Attack - Advanced Techniques and Strategy Guide

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I'm going to make a video with all PAC-MAN killing traps. This is what I know :

DA to Reversal Key
DA Hydrant to Key ( La voladora -> Beatfox)
Hydrant to reversal Key
Fair to Key
Melon Uthrow on the ledge
Melon to Bthrow
Melon to Trampoline (stage)
Apple to Trampoline (stage)
DICTIC Apple to Hydrant (Water Gush)
Ledge Bell to Usmash/Fsmash/sideB
Bell to Water Gush Hydrant
Hydrant trap trampoline
Hydrant Ledge to SideB
Orange Ledge
Usmash Hydrant to Nair ( La Nanon -> Beatfox)
Hydrant ( Air ) to Key
DICTIC Cherry Usmash
Aquaplaning to Fsmash/usmash

To enter on the video the trap must use a fruit or hydrant/ hydrant water gush and it must be a killing setup. Help me to complete the video!!!

Thanks guys!!!

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
-http://youtu.be/FSjI4CBAJ_0

-Jabbed Hydrant to down throw trap

-Trampoline on ledge to bell

-On Battlefield: Trampoline on ledge to fsmash/down smash/key while standing on the platform.

-usmash hydrant to forward throw

-bell z drop to footstool (recatch bell and repeat) to down tossed bell

-DITCIT melon to fsmash (must be timed correctly)
I'll post more later if I can think of any that I missed. I know there are some cool traps you can do offstage by throwing fruit at the wall.

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I never saw those one. Any video or link?

Jabbed Hydrant to down throw trap
usmash hydrant to forward throw

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
Does anyone have a 3DS, I got a video I can send that finally captures the out of side-b super glide function. The best part about this one, is that I never tried fast falling out of side-b.

ALSO WHY DIDN'T ANYONE MAKE THIS NEXT MOVE AS A HIGHLIGHT THAT SHOULD BE PRACTICED UNTIL YOU GET IT DOWN PERFECT EVERYTIME. SERIOUSLY, IT MAKES MY GAMEPLAY SO MUCH EASIER TO SPACE AND LAND.

+Any Bonus Fruit, yes any Bonus Fruit, especially the Cherry, can let you launch hydrants just about as fast as Z-dropping a key onto it. A full hop followed by a Z-drop into hydrant followed by a perfectly timed Nair leaves the hydrant rolling every time and the fruit in your hand.

Every time includes stale Nairs also. Just need about one full sized jump of distance from the ground to get the acquired spacing necessary to perform this. You could do this to land every time. It is somewhat difficult, not performing Nair at the right spot will leave you standing on a hydrant..... AND WOW, A SHORT HOP WORKS BETTER THAN A FULL HOP, just don't fastfall.
Just practice this if you want to find out all the pro's and cons, o.k.? Maybe even comeback with a tip or confirmation or something, that would be nice.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Does anyone have a 3DS, I got a video I can send that finally captures the out of side-b super glide function. The best part about this one, is that I never tried fast falling out of side-b.

ALSO WHY DIDN'T ANYONE MAKE THIS NEXT MOVE AS A HIGHLIGHT THAT SHOULD BE PRACTICED UNTIL YOU GET IT DOWN PERFECT EVERYTIME. SERIOUSLY, IT MAKES MY GAMEPLAY SO MUCH EASIER TO SPACE AND LAND.

+Any Bonus Fruit, yes any Bonus Fruit, especially the Cherry, can let you launch hydrants just about as fast as Z-dropping a key onto it. A full hop followed by a Z-drop into hydrant followed by a perfectly timed Nair leaves the hydrant rolling every time and the fruit in your hand.

Every time includes stale Nairs also. Just need about one full sized jump of distance from the ground to get the acquired spacing necessary to perform this. You could do this to land every time. It is somewhat difficult, not performing Nair at the right spot will leave you standing on a hydrant.....
Just practice this if you want to find out all the pro's and cons, o.k.? Maybe even comeback with a tip or confirmation or something, that would be nice.
I would love to see that side B trick. I still don't understand it.

I never saw those one. Any video or link?

Jabbed Hydrant to down throw trap
usmash hydrant to forward throw
Here you go:
Usmash hydrant -> forward throw
http://youtu.be/LEDduLPFi6Q

Jab hydrant -> Down throw
http://youtu.be/YLxy8NNG6so

Last edited:

Joecreak

Smash Rookie
Hey folks i made some kind of new discovery in my last 2vs2 Session and i thought i share this move with you guys. =)
So i asked a friend to take some of my replays and describe the Way how to use this trick.
I dont know if that trick is discovered by anyone else but i never heard of it either did i see a video. :X
If that Trick is a new Trick for us Pac-Mains then here we go because that trick is pretty much awesome!!
so all you need to do is this:

"You need to Jump and Charge Neutral-Special and from that point you go into landing/landinganimation and cancel the move with airdodge and the you press Side-Special = Crazy Power Pellet"

PS: No Hate for his average english pls or for his jokes :p

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Hey folks i made some kind of new discovery in my last 2vs2 Session and i thought i share this move with you guys. =)
So i asked a friend to take some of my replays and describe the Way how to use this trick.
I dont know if that trick is discovered by anyone else but i never heard of it either did i see a video. :X
If that Trick is a new Trick for us Pac-Mains then here we go because that trick is pretty much awesome!!

"You need to Jump and Charge Neutral-Special and from that point you go into landing/landinganimation and cancel the move with airdodge and the you press Side-Special = Crazy Power Pellet"

Awesome dude! The opponent won't even see this coming :chuckle:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667

Abadango discovered this 3 months ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C24T6JmyOI

And the turnaround pellet is know, you can do it from a empty hydrant move It allows you to do it too

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
We can use the phantom fruit to jump higher. I do jump phantom fruit -> jump phantom fruit -> Throw fruit / Aerial / delayed hydrant

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Do you guys use z dropped fruits to stop projectiles?

Fruits that are lying on the ground can't be destroyed by projectiles. This allows you to block things like needles and pellets without having to side B on reaction. You have to stay close to the fruit though, or else the opponent will try to pick it up.

I use this method to force projectile opponents to approach. Of course you can't charge anything while your fruit is out, so if your opponent waits, send z drop launched hydrants at them.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
We can use the phantom fruit to jump higher. I do jump phantom fruit -> jump phantom fruit -> Throw fruit / Aerial / delayed hydrant
With this, PAC-MAn can turn around in the air to perform do a reversal phantom fruit

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
Hey guys, if you have time would you kindly rate my Pac-Man "tricks/combo" x/10? ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1h3l6rL-Vc ) I would appreciate it greatly:D Also if you wouldn't mind drop a like/comment/ or sub on my YouTube it would help me out a lot, thank you!!!:D
0.6/10 wrong thread :mad088:

But really

7.8/10
-too much water

+acceptable disrespect levels

-FG scrubs

+proper bell appreciation

...+Witch Doctor

KnightofPizza

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LergiOfficial
I've been trying to get the key grab trick, and I can get it fine on stages with flat sides, but I can't seem to get it consistently on certain stages like Battlefield or FD, where the edge is more angled. Any tips on how to be more consistent? Sorry for scrublord Pac question, but it would help.

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
I've been trying to get the key grab trick, and I can get it fine on stages with flat sides, but I can't seem to get it consistently on certain stages like Battlefield or FD, where the edge is more angled. Any tips on how to be more consistent? Sorry for scrublord Pac question, but it would help.
Haha, those stages can be trickier to grab the key. Personally, when those stages appear I work on my Stage-Spiking instead.

So yeah, I don't have any tips off the top of my head other than practice in Training mode. I hope some others come around to answer this.

The Key is really great for recovering on the edge. (That jump trick, i don't know what it is called, when you drop the item exactly while jumping to let go of the edge.)

BSP

Smash Legend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vn4-amdC_g

You can't use BF's ledges for Key recovery.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
Heh oops, went a little inactive on this site and almost forgot about this thread d:

In any case I've updated the guide with pretty much everything I could find since the last update, while also editing some previous sections with videos and updated info.

Added a section specifically dedicated to the mappy trampoline, I felt like it became enough of a fundamental necessity to Pac-Man's gameplay to warrant its own time in the spotlight. As for the trap door glitch I just listed it as Booby Trap for the guide, but I'm loving these super goofy names that were listed in the last few pages lmao, could always change if we all find a name we agree to be great enough.

The Crazy Pellet section is incomplete, I plan on making a video a little later to showcase it a bit more in-depth that will showcase potential uses as a mixup and such.

As always, feel free to let me know if something wasn't really described correctly or adequately enough, of if I missed something completely.

And thanks of course for being patient with me here. :4pacman:

EDIT: added buffered ledge drop, I knew I was missing at least one thing lol

Last edited:

Joecreak

Smash Rookie
The Crazy Pellet section is incomplete, I plan on making a video a little later to showcase it a bit more in-depth that will showcase potential uses as a mixup and such.
yeah do that i just made that video about that trick to show u guys how to pull it off. :p

But the possibilities are so huge u can do like a 5 minute video and didnt show all the possible angles of it. xD
The craziest kills happen offstage with that move imo

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
https://youtu.be/LR_Er3HT9I4

I mentioned this in another forum a while ago. We need to master this. Don't force it but if you can do it safely then by all means. Melon would also be easier to use.
Something I love to do for gimping purposes. If you're quick enough, you can simultaneously Bair the opponent and catch the fruit after it bounces off of them.

Last edited:

Neutricity

Smash Apprentice
Something I love to do for gimping purposes. If you're quick enough, you can simultaneously Bair the opponent and catch the fruit after it bounces off of them.
would you say you've mastered this? if so then we need you giving tips

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
would you say you've mastered this? if so then we need you giving tips
I suppose. I mean, I get the gist of their trajectories after bouncing off the wall. After learning that, you just get creative with it (like the Bair combo I explained)

Melon is best used for countering anyone who tries to recover horizontally (fox illusion, falco phantasm)

Orange hits slightly lower but has a similar purpose, while the key and galaxian catch lower recoveries.

Maziyah

Smash Apprentice
I love doing that lol its actually really good for surprise kills with the key

AlphaMen

Smash Rookie
Hey there fellow pac-man mains, so yesterday I found out about the technique call DICTIC which I'm pretty sure most of you already master, I however can't do it consistently. While I was trying to perform DICTIC yesterday I found way to get set ups like DICTIC cherry to up smash or DICTIC cherry to grab without doing DICTIC. My question is since most of you already master DICTIC, would you still be interested in knowing more about this tech? If you are I can make a video about it. Basically the tech works like DICTIC in the sense that you can get all the set ups and combos, the main difference between the tech I found and DICTIC is that (aside for being easier to perform) you don't glide towards the opponent. Anyways if you are interested about the tech let me know so I start working on the video.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Hey there fellow pac-man mains, so yesterday I found out about the technique call DICTIC which I'm pretty sure most of you already master, I however can't do it consistently. While I was trying to perform DICTIC yesterday I found way to get set ups like DICTIC cherry to up smash or DICTIC cherry to grab without doing DICTIC. My question is since most of you already master DICTIC, would you still be interested in knowing more about this tech? If you are I can make a video about it. Basically the tech works like DICTIC in the sense that you can get all the set ups and combos, the main difference between the tech I found and DICTIC is that (aside for being easier to perform) you don't glide towards the opponent. Anyways if you are interested about the tech let me know so I start working on the video.
???
I'm interested!!

BSP

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'd like to see this too.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks

I mentioned this in another forum a while ago. We need to master this. Don't force it but if you can do it safely then by all means. Melon would also be easier to use.
Nice shot lol

Not quite the same thing but what's also pretty fun to do is throw a melon upwards off stage near the ledge, then spawn a trampoline underneath as your opponent draws closer to the stage when recovering. Depending on the character they will get either caught by the melon or will get caught by the trampoline into the melon. If they try recovering high you can be there to punish. A good example of a character to try this on is Rosalina since there is no hitbox to beat the melon.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721

I've got a video of practically the same incident, but what is crazy is that I threw the Orange, my opponent (a shiek) footstooled me and got hit by it while still standing on my face. We both recovered, but looked crazy as noodles.
Yeah, it's so fun to bait the opponent into one of those. Pac-Man has a very good offstage game, especially if you can lure opponents to jump after you. The orange's beautiful knock-back trajectory is a great reason to pick one up. Other than Z-dropping damage it retains the knock back power of the direction you face, and throwing it up or down will surprise you!

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I found something yesterday.

Charge a Bell, hydrant to bair and wait to the water gush, throw the bell to the water gush when you start to slide . If you do it correctly the bell and the hydrant will be launched in the opposite direction you are facing, if you do this near the ledge you will perform a wall that it is almost imposible to avoid for low/mid recoveries. You will be launched outside the ledge and you can perform a sideB to add more pressure.

KnightofPizza

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LergiOfficial
I was screwing around in Training with Bowser, and apparently at 42% and onwards (The lower, the better), Short Hop > Fair > Nair > Short Hop > Fair > Fair > Whatever you want (USmash leaves Bowser with 87% when charged and both hits connect, this is what I usually go with) is a rather consistent combo. I don't know if this was already found, but I thought it was pretty cool.

Edit, after further testing, here are some of the characters it works on and the minimum percents they can be at:

:4bowser:: 42
:4dk:: 41
:4dedede:: 40
:4wario:: 40
:4charizard:: 39
:4rob:: 37
:4bowserjr:: 35
:4pacman:: 34
:4duckhunt:: 34 (Inconsistent)
:4mewtwo:: 29 (seems more consistent at 30, but still possible lower)
:4jigglypuff:: 27

Some characters are too low on the ground to get hit by two Fairs for the reset, like Ganondorf or ZSS, and some characters are simply too short to get hit consistently, like Kirby, thus the combo won't work on them, the latter being possible, just not consistent enough to be viable. This combo is not guaranteed and can be teched.

Last edited:

dragontamer

Smash Ace
NNID
dragontamer5788
I was screwing around in Training with Bowser, and apparently at 42% and onwards (The lower, the better), Short Hop > Fair > Nair > Short Hop > Fair > Fair > Whatever you want (USmash leaves Bowser with 87% when charged and both hits connect, this is what I usually go with) is a rather consistent combo. I don't know if this was already found, but I thought it was pretty cool.
Fair->Nair is definitely a common jab-lock setup, but based on how you worded your post... it sounds like you're describing a "true combo".

I'm not very good at establishing jab-lock for the KO, but I've done it at least once in training mode. Fair->Nair (opponent misses the tech) -> Fair Fair -> Highly charged FSmash (not quite fully charged) on the forced getup.

Just looking for some clarification. Thanks.

Last edited:

KnightofPizza

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LergiOfficial
It's not a true combo, as they can shield the Nair if they react fast enough, and they can tech it. It is a true combo after the Nair though, as they can't get up fast enough to avoid the lock.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
One of my pacman friends has discovered one of the best killing setup I have ever seen.

Uthrow DICTIC the bell, pacman must slide a bit, grab , bthrow , and the enemy will be stunned by the bell, turn around and usmash/fsmash. +-36% combo, if you hit the grab it's done. Kills heavy characters around 100%. Light characters around 80%

We call it....."KISS THE GHOST"

It's a bit tricky , you need to slide a bit, but not too much. if you don't slide enough the bell will hit but it won't stun the enemy, if you slide too much, the bell won't hit.

I used to do this like this:

- Hydrant, zdrop the bell , hit the hydrant and nair to launch it + pick up the bell , KISS THE GHOST COMBO.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
One of my pacman friends has discovered one of the best killing setup I have ever seen.

Uthrow DICTIC the bell, pacman must slide a bit, grab , bthrow , and the enemy will be stunned by the bell, turn around and usmash/fsmash. +-36% combo, if you hit the grab it's done. Kills heavy characters around 100%. Light characters around 80%

We call it....."KISS THE GHOST"

It's a bit tricky , you need to slide a bit, but not too much. if you don't slide enough the bell will hit but it won't stun the enemy, if you slide too much, the bell won't hit.

I used to do this like this:

- Hydrant, zdrop the bell , hit the hydrant and nair to launch it + pick up the bell , KISS THE GHOST COMBO.
****ing awesome man!!

DITCIT is already looking great for Pac-Man's future

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I thought I told ya'll to stop talking about DITCIT since I can't do it!?!?!

Also that setup sounds similar to Abadango's up throw shenanigans with the bell and I figured out you could back throw into up thrown bell while practicing Abadango's setup but didn't think it was worth mentioning.

Top Bottom