• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

P.R.E.lude to Papa

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Soz. Not like you properly introduced yourself by telling me your name o_O

Now I know and it's all that matters.
oh nah the face was more at me losing my monster hunter than you not knowing who i was. You're right I didn't introduce myself correctly

Also David had the only valid post in this thread

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Really sorry i couldn't make it out to this, first time ever i had work johns

REALLY impressed with the turnout to this and from what it sounds like there were alot of great matches going on all day. I really hope I can make it to the next one so I can get a chance at revenge vs Daisy and Halzy

Also potentially looking for a team partner for the next regional I attend.
so message me on facebook if anyone's interested

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
SSGuy: Good to see a Wari-bro.
Rakdor: Was happy to see a fresh face who seemed so interested in the more nuanced aspects of the game. Keep coming out (even tho I doubt you'll see me any time soon).
EcksD: Make the switch to Diddy and practice your mechanics/edgeplay. Honestly the only reason you lost so bad is b/c your edge play is awful.
SAX: YOU ****ING SUCK **** OMG YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE. YOU THREW THE SCISSORS LIKE A BLIND MAN AND YOU GOT ****ED. **** PENIS ASS *******

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Who won Snowboard Kids?
Sorry for late reply. I did, but it was just between myself and Ian. I would have liked to get something organized where 4 people throw 10-15$ down and we have 65-25-10 payouts. Like side event status. I'm accepting MM's in SBK/Mario Kart at Come to Papa's

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
When I do bring my Wii next time, it's going to be a place for Fun For All. 4-player battle royale. Items on. Any stage goes. Even Ganon FFA :)

Weegee needs to be there. That's a bonus.

Exdeath

Smash Master
When I do bring my Wii next time, it's going to be a place for Fun For All. 4-player battle royale. Items on. Any stage goes. Even Ganon FFA :)

Weegee needs to be there. That's a bonus.
Don't forget a television; most TOs won't let you take a set-up for something that slows down tournament progression.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Really sorry i couldn't make it out to this, first time ever i had work johns

REALLY impressed with the turnout to this and from what it sounds like there were alot of great matches going on all day. I really hope I can make it to the next one so I can get a chance at revenge vs Daisy and Halzy

Also potentially looking for a team partner for the next regional I attend.
so message me on facebook if anyone's interested
What you really need to do is ask me for notes on how to not get 3 stocked by Daisy ;)

2-0. FREE.

<3daisyjusttrollin

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Yos, stop getting bodied by me!
Come on man, be Tampa's hope just like they keep saying you might possibly maybe be!

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
There were a handful of Lonely Wiis and televisions :(
Most Important reason I'd be bringing my Wii is due to the whole "plenty of TVs, not enough Wiis". I'm sure there are people who want to unwind in a FFA or doubles.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Unoftunately :(

Only two people I know who'd want to FFA are you and Yos. 20+ stages available and a handful of modes, and it's all 1v1 and Neutral stages...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
That's competitive Smash for you.

Want a game where you could pick different kinds of stages and they all have something wacky about them and everyone would be fine with that, it's called Injustice.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Well of course, she's not DC.

As far as being wackier, I didn't say Brawl wasn't. I'm just referring to the abstract rules has for stage selection that the community has put forth to make the game as fair as they see fit.

I used Injustice because the MK (Mortal Kombat) community is having a similar issue except they want to play the game with the game's rules, not abstract ones. Even with high dose of shenanigans each stage delivers, they either learn it or use it to their advantage.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Why would that be recorded? lol

If you really want, I'll take your money in Snowboard Kids as well.

#FGCUbetterthanFSU
Lol havent played that game in AGEs but Id b down.

#FSU****sonFGCU

Which reminds me. My Lil Sis goes there n turns 21 in a few Weeks. Anything fun to do there?

:sonic:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Which reminds me. My Lil Sis goes there n turns 21 in a few Weeks. Anything fun to do there?

It isn't like the college town you are use too. Doesn't have that adventurous atmosphere but you there are some good places to go for someone's 21.

Something else you should look into while down here is coming and playing Smash with us during you're free time. A lot of us went home for Summer but some of us are still down here at Ft. Myers

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
That's competitive Smash for you.

Want a game where you could pick different kinds of stages and they all have something wacky about them and everyone would be fine with that, it's called Injustice.
I don't know. I'm the type to make the most out of the games I play and not zone in on one aspect of it. That's just me. I enjoy my games in their entirety. Always found 1v1 to be a camp fest and why I prefer 2v2 since there's more action in that.

I need to get back into the 1v1s though. I've been horsing around too much in doubles and using Peach and Jiggz too much instead of my mains lol

Ereth

Murda Bidness
We'll call it "Who Wants to Recover Anyway?"

On a side note, extremely upset that shingeki no kyojin isnt finished yet... literally watched 6 episodes in a row to find out there aren't any more QQ

B_AWAL

Smash Master
It isn't like the college town you are use too. Doesn't have that adventurous atmosphere but you there are some good places to go for someone's 21.

Something else you should look into while down here is coming and playing Smash with us during you're free time. A lot of us went home for Summer but some of us ar still down here at Ft. Myers
Lol DUH Im killing 2 Birds with 1 Stone

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
We'll call it "Who Wants to Recover Anyway?"

On a side note, extremely upset that shingeki no kyojin isnt finished yet... literally watched 6 episodes in a row to find out there aren't any more QQ
I should probably watch that.
The manga so turned me off to the show though...

****ING WATCH CHIHAYAFURU S1 AND S2!

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I don't know. I'm the type to make the most out of the games I play and not zone in on one aspect of it. That's just me. I enjoy my games in their entirety. Always found 1v1 to be a camp fest and why I prefer 2v2 since there's more action in that.

I need to get back into the 1v1s though. I've been horsing around too much in doubles and using Peach and Jiggz too much instead of my mains lol
There's nothing wrong with that. I like getting the most out of my games too. It's all about being able to switch between your casual mode and competitive mode. At tourneys, it's go time since money and pride is on the line. They zone out because they are competing, not because they (presumably) hate the game or don't care about the other aspects. I'll compare this to pro sports and just casual pickup games. In pro sports, your only objective is to win and by any means necessary within the rules. If you're just playing a pickup game, you're just playing. That's basically it. No other rules or restrictions outside of the obvious out of bounds or ways to score. However in both examples, they are having fun either way because they wouldn't do what they do if they didn't like it.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Unoftunately :(

Only two people I know who'd want to FFA are you and Yos. 20+ stages available and a handful of modes, and it's all 1v1 and Neutral stages...
Make that three. I'm down to FFA whenever. I actually enjoy Smash in any form, and I'd go out on a limb and say I like it a bit more than the usual competitive deal.

Half the fun of Brawl for me is having stupid **** happen.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Stupid **** makes FFAs fun. Daisy and Weegee were being mean to someone with Wario where the poor soul was in between then two of them and using Wario's biting special... That went on till 400%. I could have stopped it, but its a dog eat dog world... And it was nice to watch lol

Poor DeDeDe.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
The singles bracket for this tournament are missing.
If you would be so kind as to relocate and reupload them that would be sweet of you. It's hard to do PR stuff when there are no brackets~

Top Bottom