• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*P*L*U*R*'s jiggz

illinialex24

Smash Hero
First thing I saw was a ground pound. Never again.

This is more basic critiques, but you should start spacing with bair a lot more. Its a great move and if you space further away with fair or in the air and space grounded opponents with bair or a rising dair, you should do better (dair not so often).

Next, nice edgeguarding on the second stock. That was pretty cool.

Third, don't recover with rollout or approach with an nair before 50%. If they are in the air, you can approach with an nair safely past 50%. On the ground, if you SH an nair when on opponent is close, it is also only safe around 50%.

Next, try air-dodging through your opponent less. You might want to DI backwards if you are going to air-dodge, but it leaves you too open to grabs otherwise.

Finally, nice use of grabs.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
In the future, please post your videos here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199602.
there is a similar problem going on in the link boards. There are 5 dacus threads made by people who think THEY discovered it and they dont pay attenetion to the official Dacus thread on their boards. We should make shure that if anyone has a vid they want to show us, they must post it there rather than bump with topics.

for now this is ok, but it could get worse.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
My advice is use more n-airs and b-airs in your wall of pain. Its really easy to gimp a line of f-airs.

illinialex24

Smash Hero

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Bad choice. way to much lag and it is very easy to gimp. Its more manuverable in the air with rising and falling pounds. I feel the same way alex does about D-Tilt on this. Dont use ground pounds.
how the f*ck do you gimp a grounded pound?

Lol I don't see the problem with it. It's perfect for surprising you opponent. Air pound is better but ground pound is still good. :X

∫unk

Smash Master
:/ don't spot dodge 10 times in a row

ground pound is bad because you don't have the aerial mobility to space it and to float away quickly

"don't get hit"

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
:/ don't spot dodge 10 times in a row
ya what was up with that?!:ohwell:

Your aerial base is really strong! you have good technical control and good DI as well. Your use of pound makes it hard to approach you, be you become quite defensive during landings and ground movement, which I would take as an attack opportunity.

Anyway as far as a more tactical ability, basically I would like to see you plan out your game more, you weren't able to find the tendencies in your opponent, and that made you more vulnerable than you needed to be. In addition you were flaunting your areas of weakness to your opponent, which resulted in a lot of avoidable damage; in short, please think when you play.

That must sound really discouraging, probably because I haven't mentioned all of the positives.:laugh: You carry a strong defensive style, but you can quickly switch to a 'burst' of offensive positions, which is really great because it throws off the opponent, your natural ground play style is shield heavy, so be careful to monitor your shield so a to avoid taking too much damage, too, ya know, die. Your aerial style is quite obviously where you are most comfortable, and you approach from a variety of angles.

All in all your game play is very strong, but if you find yourself against a player with similar ability you may find you become suseptable to mind-gaming.

xMosmo

Smash Apprentice
yeaaaa peace love unity respect...

hardcore in the background, epic lulz.

never ground pound, thats like... basic knowledge from smash 1.

Top Bottom