• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oxnard Brawl/Melee Tournament: Saturday, August 16th

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
I dont think people are gonna complain if you ban the marth and ddd character specific infinites, i've actually never seen any of them in person in tournament, just stories of people using them so i dont know if its a big deal or not

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
The Marth Infinite on Lucas was used on me in tournament by Mike Haze, but that was because of my dumb*** trying to see if there was any way to get away.

I'm not saying ban it or leave it, it is what it is. It's up to the Lucas player to decide to play Lucas in an obviously uneven match-up.

mio

Smash Ace
Nes, I really have no idea and I'm sorry nobody has answered your question yet lol. Pat is running the Melee tournament, so I'd recommend asking him personally.

I've looked through and I was going to respond individually, but instead I'll just ask ask everyone: do you actually have a reason for leaving infinites in? I'm not trying to sound rude, but all I've heard is that they aren't that bad as I'm making them out to be and that people will complain. Regardless, they are broken techniques that take potentially balanced situations and make them entirely in favor of the one with the infinite. The goal of my rule set is to provide balance and fairness, and to determine who performs best in the tournament. Infinites are components of Brawl that prevent that goal from being fulfilled.

Everyone please remind me to charge P a $20 venue fee if he comes.

Noble-

Smash Ace
I can see why that's not banned.
I don't think it should be.
That's a situational gimp, like Melee Fox on Marth on the Rock Stage of Pokemon Stadium.
What should be banned are stages that D3 can utilize his CG off stage thing 100% of the time I.E. Stages that don't change.

replicate

Smash Lord
why would you ban drillshine against the wall in pokemon stadium?

the dtilt infinite with marth is the same thing. Actually, it's not even an infinite because the stage will change--if anything, just make sure you leave out stupid-*** stages.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
this thread has nothing to do with the melee rules.
this is just how mio set his rules for the brawl tournament.

mio you should ask other brawl tournament hosts how they held their rules. the no infinite rule is going to be hard to enforce anyway. i don't think that when a player starts an infinite on accident and the guy runs over to you and tells on him you're going to ruthlessly lay down the hammer. besides, wtf can ice climbers do then?

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
DDD's infinites, IC's infinites, Yoshi character specific infinites, Marth character specific infinites, dtilt against walls, CG against walls... basically if you know how to do one, you should have a good idea that it is an infinite and is not permitted. I'll gather a list but I think most of them should be known already. Regarding the doubles chain grab, only do it when it is escapable. Once it is eternally inescapbale and therefore an infinite, it's banned.

Chain grabs are still allowed because they are considered to be part of the character's moves/attributes. Infinites however, are unintended, inescapable loops in the game that give free kills to certain characters or match ups rather than large advantages that require skill to counter. I know that most chain grabs probably weren't intended either, but they are not so significant that they can single-handedly determine the match.
This is plain out ridiculous...

Non of these "infinites" are even ban worthy (maybe the IC chainthrow is broken but even that is arbitrary simply because it is arguably difficult to get the grab and that it's escapable at early percents). Not to mention, dtilts/grabs against walls are entirely situational since not all stages have walls. Character specific infinites should also not be banned because they are.. character specific. This game allows for counterpicks for situations similar to this. If your going to select a character like DK vs DDD, then expect a very difficult match. And if you have no secondaries to make up for DK's weaknesses vs certain match ups then tough luck. Pick up a secondary. That's how competitive smash works.

What you should ban is CG stalling simply because that is a form of stalling. That's really about it.

Also, I find your notion of trying to create a balanced and fair game very naive. I mean, how ignorant are you? Do you fail to realize that some characters have natural advantages over other characters to begin with without the use of infinites? Do you fail to realize that some of these "infinites" would help level the playing field for certain characters in match ups they would normally fair poorly against? Let's take IC as an example. Do you understand how difficult it is for IC's to get a grab on MK? It's just down right hard. And the fact that MK already has the clear advantage doesn't make things any easier. There are times when Nana would be on the other side of the screen once the IC gets the grab and at that point, the grab won't mean much at all. This match up is practically as hard as IC vs Peach in Melee.

Mio, you play 3S right? I'm going to assume you know a good deal about that game. You know what happens when a Makoto lands one Karakusa grab on Akuma? Instant stun, which could lead to an easy 100% combo.

Mio, don't follow through with banning all these infinites please. It's only going to make you look like a Brawl noob.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I'm not for banning infinite, but really, I don't think it's a big deal either way. If Mio wants to do so then let him do so, its his tournament and if one doesn't like the rules they are free to go through the pain, trouble and hassle of running a tournament with a different rule set.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Everyone please remind me to charge P a $20 venue fee if he comes.
Actually, in that case I'd take a big **** in the middle of the venue and then ask around as to what you look like to shove your face in it. :)

Kouryuu, you never responded to me in the Oxnard thread so I'm going to assume you're dodging me. Where are you housing in the 805 so I can come over and fight you? I'm not wasting my time at the tourny, let's get this done. Again, I'm still down to drive to your house and get it done there, or you can come to mine. No, I didn't forget.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
lol don't try to make it out like i'm the one who started the fight. he's the one that wanted to escalate it to violence; i think violence is morally a pu$$y's way out, but that doesn't mean i'm not ever going to finish something that someone else starts. if he wants to back down, he's welcome to, but honestly i'm really looking forward to fighting him at this point.

and i still have to get my $15 in melee money matches too.

only way i'd back out from this is if kouryuu came out and publically said something. otherwise the fight's going down or i'm never, ever ever ever going to let him forget it every time i see him and in every match he plays.

trust. i am petty. ask mr b1tches at ucla 5. i can be extremely petty and vindictive. i like it.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
it doesn't matter, it's their business atlus, if they want to fight, let them.

either way it's hella funny.

i wanna fight someone =\

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
he got butt hurt because i took his sensitivity in the palm of my head and said random **** about him just to get a reaction.

it worked. he was like, "omg yous a pu$$y who only talks online. let's fight yo."

i, of course, said i am down as fux.

that's where we are now.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
I just checked the Oxnard thread. I haven't checked that thread in a while so I can see why you would assume that I was eluding you. And LOL @ thinking I'm the one who started this.

Just to refresh your memory P, your the one who decided to escalate it to a level of violence. You brought up the idea of making it personal after I called you a pu$$y and insisted we fight after I told you not to **** with me. In the end, you called me out and I responded. But regardless, I doubt it matters now.

If you still wish to fight me, then it will be at the tourney. That was the initial plan and don't think I'm willing to change the date to fit your convenience.

And as for the MM's; 15$ meaning three different MM's 5$ each, right? I don't mind. But it still confuses me as to why an insolent maggot such as yourself would insist on being shamed so consistently.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
P, I honestly don't know who the **** you think you are but you sure love to belittle/insult me every chance you get, huh?

It's funny how some people feel so safe behind their computer screens and get keyboard courage to type in anything they want. Your all talk, P. A genuine joke.
All I'm saying is... if your going to talk this much **** over the internet, then you better back your **** up the next time I see you. Grow a pair of balls and say it to my face. I'm aware that your not too fond of me. I really don't care. But you seriously don't know when to shut the **** up.

So I'm going to say this now; I don't care who you are, how tough you think you are, if you **** with me, I will F*CKing KNOCK YOU OUT.

/END.
Like Slick Rick said, Stop lyin'. You are the one who wanted to make it personal. I talk **** to ALL easy targets on smash boards. You're not special, but you think you are, and you took it personally. Case closed.

I'll tell you exactly what I'm going to do:

I'm going to come up to you. I'm going to be like, Hey Kouryuu, you wanted me to say whatever to your face? Once you agree, I will precede to ... I don't know, what do you want me to tell you? Well, whatever you want me to tell you to your face, I will do that. What happens from there is up to you. Don't be a little girl, though.

I'm going to **** you in three separate mms with three different characters. One Fox, one Marth, one Sheik. It's gonna be funny.

EDIT: Especially since you made it out like it's some smash boards drama, I'm especially gonna be a **** to you in person. I'll talk **** when you're playing your matches and talk to friends about how much you suck at the game. Basically, what I did online I'm going to do in person, just like you asked. And I hope you want to fight me as a result.

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
Mike I'm going to Joe Peeps in 2 hours. This pizza better be good, or we're fighting. :)

--GCII
805 went to mikes house randomly and he convinced us to drive to joe peeps (like 10 mins away) we begrudgingly accepted.....but holy **** that pizza is amazing seriously the best slice i've had om nom nom nom :)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
LMAO

Every fiber of Kouryuu's being will be targeted. You know, like his questionable relationship with Bone... His whiny, scratchy voice... His lack of any manhood (you know he's real sensitive about that)...

Basically, everything he's insecure about. That's a lot to cover.

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
trust, everyone is WAAAY too into playing playing and enjoying and getting better at melee to discuss brawl. no one cares about brawl. only queers like kouryuuxfighter or something would obsess and discuss something they claim not to like.

so outside of maybe a random harmless "LOL WOULDN'T HAPPEN IN BRAWL!" joke, you're making something out of nothing
P, I honestly don't know who the **** you think you are but you sure love to belittle/insult me every chance you get, huh?

It's funny how some people feel so safe behind their computer screens and get keyboard courage to type in anything they want. Your all talk, P. A genuine joke.
no need to make it personal over the internets. you wanna make it personal, i'll be more than glad to do it in person. in your face. talk to me over AIM, we'll set a date. i'm very very down for this.
All I'm saying is... if your going to talk this much **** over the internet, then you better back your **** up the next time I see you. Grow a pair of balls and say it to my face. I'm aware that your not too fond of me. I really don't care. But you seriously don't know when to shut the **** up.

So I'm going to say this now; I don't care who you are, how tough you think you are, if you **** with me, I will F*CKing KNOCK YOU OUT.

/END.
Then let's go. What's the next tourny you're going to?

Or if you're not going to a tourny anytime soon, I can go to your house. What do you say?

I'm not remotely kidding.
That's how it went. And in the end, you insist on elevating this by belittling me in person. I'll admit, your not as much of a pu$$y as I thought you were. But you really are a genuine d!ck.

So keep doing what you do best; keep talking. And I just might not wait for you to throw the first punch.

P.. know your bounds you piece of ****.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
You just don't get it. Why am I doing this, Kouryuu? Why?

Because you're too sensitive and you allow yourself to be punked.

I am the punkee. When the shark smells blood, he goes into a frenzy. This is my frenzy.

I have no remorse. No morals in this type of situation. I just honestly don't care. It's purely for my own sadistic pleasure. When you stop responding, I stop doing it. When I keep getting responses, I keep doing it.

And all of this started over the truth: I am way better than you in Melee. I'm most excited for the three money matches; imagine how humiliated your pride will be when I beat you with three different characters.

EDIT:

Have you ever read the Bible, Kouryuu? (cue Pulp Fiction scene)

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure I have a much better job than you.

Seriously, why are people who aren't in any position to judge... judging? For all my faults, I don't judge people's situations. Don't judge mine, or you're just gonna get ***** some more =/

Top Bottom