• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oxnard Brawl/Melee Tournament: Saturday, August 16th

mio

Smash Ace
Rofl. Nice 3rd place Connor, you beat some really good opponents. Too bad the payout wasn't that great.
Well yes, but only paying 5 dollars for registration also means that he made 8 times what he paid for. I can make the registration fee bigger next time, but I would say the cost to pay-out ratio for this time around was worth it.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
lmao, good **** Connor. I wish I could have stayed to see the whole tournament.

I think at least 70% of the moves I used in the Brawl tourney were squall hammers.

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
amanita props to doing well with ice climbers though, i respect guys who use underdogs, and you held your own

that GW who came in 2nd was pretty **** good, i was very impressed, props to him

i learned a lot from watching bardull's marth, he is always fun to watch

boolossus: tough luck maybe you should give up on video games

always a pleasure to watch futile play, always pulls off amazing clutch victories

im glad to see MS king place near the middle since he is a twit, i cant really talk smack to him online or in person though, because hes only like 11. stop disputing people on gamebattles because you suck, keep practicing instead of being an idiot

fun matches nezumi, i respect you use pit a rare character, you were wondering why i picked jungle japes, it was because you kept dipping below FD and SF, and i was hoping to put more strain on your gameplay, and im sorry i lost the next match explained later in this post

to the fox i played, uchia or whatever, good stuff, that was a thought intensive match for me, keep it up i think you can get a lot better

teba: i know you have a lot of practice against lucarios, while i did some good things against you i let the intimidation factor get to me. i played like a total *******, i hope to get a rematch sometime. way too many chaingrabs i know i can avoid it. also that **** alligator got me at jungle japes =(

bigfoot: thanks for being johnny on the spot at the computer

whoever made the hotdogs: good stuff, i didnt know microwaved hot dogs were that good, and that cheap. ill have to buy them at the market this week

JonT: good talkign to you youre a cool guy, i think they seeded you incorrectly

oxnard: i love your weather and i have a job opportunity out there so maybe ill live there soon

there were a lot of exciting matches this tournament

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
**** fun *** tourny gg's to
plan9-sry i had to be a gay d3 but good kirby tho!
mikehaze-you owned me pretty bad lol but it was fun!
creepyfingers-**** i was so close but u r@pe way to hard with that chain grab!
Jmex-**** 3rd round was close but you killed urself why!!!! but gg tho ur dk is the ****
vicegrip-**** best ness ever!! sry i had to pick frigate...but awsome match tho!

and i have to say good **** to leepuff for getting 2nd **** ur game and watch is Too good!
GG's, i need Snake practice. No johns though. If you go to races tourney, i will have my revenge. ;)

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
WTZZZ i got klap-trapped twice in one match T_T

Mio & Levi, you ****

i love you pat

everyone but festizzio, you **** too

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
yea gg's tyrant, epic lol at you blowing yourself up hehe. Nah you did great, i'm not used to snakes being so patient, usually they just snakedash and lay on the projectiles. gg's man, you made me claw my way through losers, eff.

Charoo

Smash Champion
this tournament was run very smooth =)

fun time guys. Great to see a lot of people that I haven't seen since the good old melee days haha

u guys got this

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
well i had a fun time haha.

hopefully next time i can get a little higher and rep PT some more :(

back to the pokecenter

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I had so much fun at this tournament. Thanks to everyone who made it fun. Props to leepuff for doing so well! Good shiz to champ and jmex. Ungood shiz to champ for losing to unorthodox characters combo (ice climbers and diddy lol) self -**** shiz for making the bracket so i could lose to the two best players there and get 9th (same goes for Nicktendo!) . awesomeeness to nezumi for hanging out as always...thanks siege for teaming with me, and everyone else it was nice seeing u guys again! Props to mio for running such a well run tournament.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Again, nice job to Mio, Levi, and Bigfoot for running this. Thanks to Edrees and Nezumi for seeding. I'd also like to remind everyone about the alligator johns rule: you can't john about the alligator if you're the one who counter-picked jungle japes.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
WOW get ****in ***** Bardull. You said you were gonna **** me and who won our set? yeah, that's right hoe. "I'm gonna cut your head off and **** in your throat." - Bardull "How would I breathe then?!" -Me.
good ****. SQUIRTLE SQUIRT
I'll get you next time.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
oxnard: i love your weather and i have a job opportunity out there so maybe ill live there soon
Oxnard weather is amazing.

Festizzio you *****! Way to get me back for that comment I said about you. I waited at Camarillo Dennys for 20 minutes, and you guys didn’t show. Haze told me that you ended up going to the Hueneme one, that’s ****ed up man lol. I ate all by myself. I guess we’re even now. :(

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Again, nice job to Mio, Levi, and Bigfoot for running this. Thanks to Edrees and Nezumi for seeding. I'd also like to remind everyone about the alligator johns rule: you can't john about the alligator if you're the one who counter-picked jungle japes.
The reason JJ is a fair stage is because everyone who picks is always the one who gets killed by the alligator. It's a golden unbroken rule. Everytime I pick it it kills me, and whenever someone takes me there it kills them. It's pretty crazy how long this has held up..hehe.

The calm tyrant...

Smash Ace
yea gg's tyrant, epic lol at you blowing yourself up hehe. Nah you did great, i'm not used to snakes being so patient, usually they just snakedash and lay on the projectiles. gg's man, you made me claw my way through losers, eff.
Lolzz on killing myself i completely forgot about the c4!! but good **** for making it to 7th place man.

oh and lolz on the ajax vs. creepyfingers match think ajax really wanted his revenge for losing to him at shuffle n cut.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
The reason JJ is a fair stage is because everyone who picks is always the one who gets killed by the alligator. It's a golden unbroken rule. Everytime I pick it it kills me, and whenever someone takes me there it kills them. It's pretty crazy how long this has held up..hehe.
this is true for most hazard stages. i remember losing to atlus via the ships on corneria after i counterpicked it.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
This tournament was fun but announcements during important matches (i.e: Winner's/Loser's Finals or Grand Finals) is annoying

The Great Leon

Smash Champion

dear noobs his name is klap trap. go bust out your snes and play thru dkc. and me and bigfoot didnt run the tourney lol, that was all mio and levi.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
It's my record. 3 claptraps in one match ;) Kouryu that's JUST the vid I was thinking of LOL. When I teched that last alligator, even hugo was in disbelief, "..How did you tech that?" Too good.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
It's my record. 3 claptraps in one match ;) Kouryu that's JUST the vid I was thinking of LOL. When I teched that last alligator, even hugo was in disbelief, "..How did you tech that?" Too good.
i always wanted to try and tech it but i never thought i'd actually see someone do it LOL

also edrees i saw your matches with teba. ahh you were ahead in all of them and teba was high percent then, fsmash :[

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
lol at that video. 3 klaptraps. That tech was amazng.Is it still techable in brawl? :p

Yeah that match with you and teba was hard to watch. You had the win but mispaced in the 2 games you lost and got fsmashed. You totally had him beat. :(

mio

Smash Ace
Quick question: Does anyone know what the exact turn out was for both Melee tourneys? I'm writing an article on the Cafe's new website about the tournament so I want to give an accurate number of singles and doubles entrants for the entire event. I'll post the link once I'm done.

Top Bottom