• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OWNTU & Noob Testament Present: 4xT

skrach8

Smash Lord
I only write ******** posts like those to drop some humor in a thread such as this one. No one takes me seriously, he11 i dont even take myself serious.

I just like to see what people say back. You peoples always crack me up.

Cody you are 100% correct sir, $20 and a twinky in ur pocket. KIDS BANKIN RIGHT NOW.

Did i say MM, i meant friendly, "MM" was a force of habit. I forgot you're a cool smasher zoro, where is my head. FRIENDS DONT MM FRIENDS. people get killed for that kinda ****.

Im no prince, i want no praise, only respect. I am the popper. Humble till the end. - Mark Twain... learn yourself somethin.

quote it.

Book of Louis III - Skrach's Proposition

NT

OTRU...

Smash Champion
dang ni99a, ur inspired son?

yo xoff whats up with the angry lobster's rule thats mad lame, me and Rx have been playing mk since brawl came out and that would force one of us to go our secondary which is unfair for us since mk is our main, and its not like everyone is gonna be playing mk either and if they do they wont be good, stop being scared and man up!!! in my opinion that rule is dumb, if a crew mains all mk so be it, if its all snake then so be it!! but i really doubt that will happen

OTRU...

Smash Champion
well im just saying that its not likely that there will be a crew of a uniform character, but yeah in tnt at least we will only have 2 mk's i dunno about the others, also if people could start posting their characters that would be cool so we could have an idea of how this is gonna work out, maybe u can also include their characters on the pre reg list

OTRU...

Smash Champion
thats cool, i was just saying that cuz u guys are making a big deal on characters, people will play whoever they feel like playing, we cant restrict that its a part of the crew strategy

skrach8

Smash Lord
joe i dont think anyone was serious bout the character pick thing. cuz then u would have to pick teams based on characters. angry said it WOULD be cool. so you should prob drop the topic, but i have a question bout our crew. who exactly is in it???

OTRU...

Smash Champion
:tnt: is gonna be:
skrach8
me
dop
rx
xyz
sheer
colbol
queen is marked as a possible if he comes

so basically anyone will play whoever they're main is, or whoever they choose to play, no restrictions on that

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
If you are bent on a making a rule like that have people claim main/secondaries and have them be able to call which ones they want to play before a match starts. This allows Otru to play meta while Rx can play a secondary and then they can vice versa it in the next crew battle.

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
The way this should go down is that you'll have one team captain (who can be a starter or an alternate) along with 5 starters and up to 3 alternates signed up (there should be some kind of limitation on using alternates over starters). At the start of each match, each team captain will have around 5 minutes to come up with a roster that they'll be using for that battle with each name on the list tied to a certain character (for starters and alternates). The first name on each list will be the first two playing and each team captain will get a copy of the other's list at this point. The stage will be a random out of the neutrals (unless, of course, both players can mutually agree on something) and we can add each team getting a stage ban that lasts the whole battle if we want. When the match is over, then the team captain of the losing side has a few minutes to figure out who he'll send in next. That next player can choose to counterpick the stage or go random (keeping in mind the stage bans from the first match if we choose to do stage bans). This new player from the losing side will be playing the character his team captain wrote down for him on the list. If a counterpick stage is chosen, the winning player does have the option to choose a new character. If a counterpick stage is not chosen, the winning player must stay the same character as was written on the list. This continues until one team has lost all 15 stock.

The list for each crew battle is made up on the spot for that specific battle. This way people can decide who'd they'd rather play as for particular battles. The only thing set in stone at registration is who the team captain, starters and alternates are.

I disagree with AL's rule. It unnecessarily creates diversity. I'll admit that an all MK team would be kinda lame, but why should we stop crews from having two or more of any character?

Thoughts?

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
The way this should go down is that you'll have one team captain (who can be a starter or an alternate) along with 5 starters and up to 3 alternates signed up (there should be some kind of limitation on using alternates over starters). At the start of each match, each team captain will have around 5 minutes to come up with a roster that they'll be using for that battle with each name on the list tied to a certain character (for starters and alternates). The first name on each list will be the first two playing and each team captain will get a copy of the other's list at this point. The stage will be a random out of the neutrals (unless, of course, both players can mutually agree on something) and we can add each team getting a stage ban that lasts the whole battle if we want. When the match is over, then the team captain of the losing side has a few minutes to figure out who he'll send in next. That next player can choose to counterpick the stage or go random (keeping in mind the stage bans from the first match if we choose to do stage bans). This new player from the losing side will be playing the character his team captain wrote down for him on the list. If a counterpick stage is chosen, the winning player does have the option to choose a new character. If a counterpick stage is not chosen, the winning player must stay the same character as was written on the list. This continues until one team has lost all 15 stock.

The list for each crew battle is made up on the spot for that specific battle. This way people can decide who'd they'd rather play as for particular battles. The only thing set in stone at registration is who the team captain, starters and alternates are.

I disagree with AL's rule. It unnecessarily creates diversity. I'll admit that an all MK team would be kinda lame, but why should we stop crews from having two or more of any character?

Thoughts?

agreed. AL's rule = gone

and to sum up this wad of info. basically....

1. you pick your ONLY character per battle. each crew battle can be a different character.
(IE: i play falco against noob testament, but then play fox against WATO)

2. each team will have a captain who pretty much is in charge to avoid confusion. Captains trade rosters at the beginning of each match.

good idea Gdawgg

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master

Thoughts?
I think its a good idea as well.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
*sigh*

due to popular demand, our crewname is now officially:

New Kids on the Block

Top Bottom