• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Overall best character?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Yoshi's utilts on shield in N64 were too good though
But he is currently 8th out of 12, he can't be one of the best lacking a 3rd jump.

Fox, he was actually in all 3 games and has been good in all 3 I know falco is better then him in brawl but I have to give fox props since he was in 64.
Fox in Brawl is a mediocre character, he hates Pikachu, Ice Climbers and Sheik.

kit

Smash Apprentice
i just can't stand how characters i love like jiggs and captain falcon went from really good in 64 to kick *** in melee... to absolute sh*t in brawl =[

NNID
Budget_Player
Pisses me off too. I've been playing SSB64 on an emu lately and I was really surprised at how downright awesome Captain Falcon was-he was a beast. Looking at him now, I'd rather have his 64Fair than the Melee knee. :(

kit

Smash Apprentice
it took a little bit to get used to his fair from 64 being nair in melee but teh knee is so sexy for brawl they should have given him a super knee with hitboxes on his t*ts as well for maximum move showage

Fiery brawl

Smash Rookie
I'd agree with everyone who said Falco, regardless of him being my favorite char, he is just all around good.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
best
MK: being really high on the tier list.
Marth: Top tier in melee and brawl
Falco: Same reason as Marth

worst
link: he hardly got pass low tier since 64

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yoshi was Mid tier in 64, not -bottom- in Melee, and *should* be mid tier in brawl based on his attributes alone....

the worst overall In my opinion would have to Pichu, the thing friggen hurt itself with it's attacks. I dont care if it was in1 game, its still the worst :p

The best may be :metaknight:.....just because he's the first character to have no true counter on the roster

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
I would say pikachu cause he was in all of the games.

Otherwise Falco or Marth.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
I would have to say Fox on this one. He's overall pretty awesome in all three games of the Smash Series. But characters that are close to him could be Falco, Marth and Pikachu; they're top notch too. Oh, and Meta Knight. He's very good. Most of his attacks are practically lag less!

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I would have to say Fox on this one. He's overall pretty awesome in all three games of the Smash Series. But characters that are close to him could be Falco, Marth and Pikachu; they're top notch too. Oh, and Meta Knight. He's very good. Most of his attacks are practically lag less!
I disagree Fox, 64 he's 4th, Melee 1st Brawl 24th. In Brawl he has poor approach, mediocre priority and bad recovery. Bad approach always hurts when playaing against some characters so Fox is NOT overall best in all 3 games, it's Pikachu.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
I don't care about tier lists, Roy kicked some serious *** in the right hands

he also didn't get a chance to get nerfed for brawl

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We aren't talking about fighting ability.

Lucas sucks as a character, and his "fighting ability" puts him at one of the worst in the game.

You're extremely biased and wrong.

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
We aren't talking about fighting ability.

Lucas sucks as a character, and his "fighting ability" puts him at one of the worst in the game.

You're extremely biased and wrong.
so, you are saying that because he likes Lucas and thinks he is really good, that he is biased when he says that he is one of the best ever?

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Yes, that's exactly what he's saying, and it's true.
if the guy thinks lucas is so good he is the best than that is his opinion, he thinks he is good enough to be the best, i don't think he is, but thinking a character is good really doesn't show bias, if he was saying
"Mother was awesome and Lucas is so awesome and he is the best!"
then you might have a point, but he didn't

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
if the guy thinks lucas is so good he is the best than that is his opinion, he thinks he is good enough to be the best, i don't think he is, but thinking a character is good really doesn't show bias, if he was saying
"Mother was awesome and Lucas is so awesome and he is the best!"
then you might have a point, but he didn't
But Lucas isn't a good character.

This thread is talking about the overall best character. You can't just say a random character if that character sucks. That's biased.

The dude is a ****in Lucas main and Lucas isn't good. Bias much???

boss8

Smash Hero
OVERALL the best chracter is obviously metaknight....

others will have opinions but it doesnt matter....metaknight will continue to win turneys due to his stupid priority....

lucas isnt really winning turneys.....

lucas isnt a bad chracter though....he just cant matchup to the rest whom are higher then him....

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
But Lucas isn't a good character.

This thread is talking about the overall best character. You can't just say a random character if that character sucks. That's biased.

The dude is a ****in Lucas main and Lucas isn't good. Bias much???
if he mains Lucas and wins alot, then he might easily think that it is because he uses Lucas and not because he is good

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
Thinking a character is good because you use them is being biased.
you miss my point,
maybe he thinks that he is bad but because he uses Lucas he still wins
WTF are we doing? hey SOLID, if you care so much, ask him specifically why he says Lucas is the best, maybe he was trolling for all we know

boss8

Smash Hero
lol my good sir your not making any sense....

of course you dont find anything in lucas cause you main marth >_> you clearly grab grab grab over and over.....im sure i can find a lucas or 2 that CAN actually beat you.....

please tell me what makes a GOOD CHARACTER???

because IMO every chracter has there strong points and there weak points....so u cant really say THERE ARE ANY BAD CHARACTERS.....

i mean you can if u want thats just your opinion....my opinion is that no character is bad....answer my question...

Shadow13

Smash Journeyman
lol my good sir your not making any sense....

of course you dont find anything in lucas cause you main marth >_> you clearly grab grab grab over and over.....im sure i can find a lucas or 2 that CAN actually beat you.....

please tell me what makes a GOOD CHARACTER???

because IMO every chracter has there strong points and there weak points....so u cant really say THERE ARE ANY BAD CHARACTERS.....

i mean you can if u want thats just your opinion....my opinion is that no character is bad....answer my question...
yeah, that is what i am saying with MK on the other thread
but, i do think that Gannon sucks anyway

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Thank you, to that person that turned this into a 'Lucas' discussion.

Top Bottom