• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Outer Heaven - Kept You Waiting Huh?! Snake Social Thread

Who are The Patriots?

• Zero, Ocelot, Big Boss, EVA, Sigint, and Para-Medic

• La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo.

Results are only viewable after voting.

mechmaster90

Smash Rookie
I mean, she basically look like this to begin with, so I see her "new" body as being really more like a return to how she looked like.
Just adding on a bit for the sake of accuracy, this is an artwork from Super Metroid, technically her first suitless appearance is the Justin bailey one, which definitely showed generous curves, and kept it that way even in the in-game sprites from the following games (II and Super). The actual ZSS design first appeared in Zero mission, once again with her usual generous chest. So they didn't "return to how she looked like" at all, originally Samus always had that "Space bimbo" design. They seem to like changing her in-game model anyway (from Other M to Brawl, then Smash 4 and now this one), and they probably toned down her breast size along Snake's arse because of Esports / ESRB shenanigans rather than actual design choice.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Snake confirmed to be in Brawl, Wii sells like hotcakes. Snake dropped from Smash 4, Wii U under performs. Snake comes back, the Switch is best-selling console in years.

Coincidence? I think not! :p

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Hey I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but how would y'all feel about Liquid Snake as an echo for snake? I've seen people talk about Ken and Shadow being echo characters, so Snake's literal clone makes since as an clone/echo character.

SneakyBox

Smash Rookie
His specials are similar, but the rest of his attacks and animations are (mostly) unique. He's a cool character and plays quite differently from the other spacies, and it's looking like he'll be even more different in Ultimate. Wolf does reuse some assets from Fox/Falco - Sakurai says by doing so he could make the character in about 70% of the time it takes normally - but calling him "just a clone" is not really the whole story. He's far more unique than any Melee/4 clone.
Thanks for answering my question, I apologize if that sounded like I was angered at his inclusion in SSBU.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Hey I don't know if this has been talked about yet, but how would y'all feel about Liquid Snake as an echo for snake? I've seen people talk about Ken and Shadow being echo characters, so Snake's literal clone makes since as an clone/echo character.
I feel like Big Boss would make more sense honestly, although he's already kind of a mashup.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Snake's finally back! It's good to see him, but more importantly, Raiden has a chance now.

Wouldn't Big "Naked "Punished "Venom" Snake" Snake" Boss be the more logical choice?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I feel like Big Boss would make more sense honestly, although he's already kind of a mashup.
I mean i'd be fine with any metal gear representation I can get, but I feel as though Big boss/Naked Snake can work as an alt costume with his military fatigues and eyepatch rather than an echo character. David Hayter is ls already voicing Snake, so its not like you need new lines for Big Boss as you can just reuse his voice, nor do you really need any new animations to have Big Boss' personality displayed.

Snake's finally back! It's good to see him, but more importantly, Raiden has a chance now.

Wouldn't Big "Naked "Punished "Venom" Snake" Snake" Boss be the more logical choice?
Venom snake i think could make a great echo character, they could just reuse voice lines from the Phantom Pain. His Up-B could use the same animation but use a Fulton balloon instead of the Cypher Drone. Maybe if we're lucky Venom snake could use his prosthetic arm rocket punch instead of the Nikita.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
His Up-B could use the same animation but use a Fulton balloon instead of the Cypher Drone.
Gotta be honest, I was really disappointed that Solid's up special wasn't changed to the fulton balloon. The cypher drone made no sense and the fulton balloon would've fit perfectly.

Maybe if we're lucky Venom snake could use his prosthetic arm rocket punch instead of the Nikita.
That'd be awesome.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Man, wouldn't it be cool if Omega form of Shadow Moses was the top of destroyed REX's head like the end of MGS1? It'd fit SO perfectly.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Man, wouldn't it be cool if Omega form of Shadow Moses was the top of destroyed REX's head like the end of MGS1? It'd fit SO perfectly.
That would make Liquid as an echo fighter perfect! Now I really wanna do a jab combo-only fight between Solid and Liquid on top of REX...

StormC

Smash Hero
I’d love an Old Snake alt - hopefully there’s an unfinished one like Meta Ridley.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I want ALL the Snakes.
MGS1 Thermal Sneaking Suit
MGS2 Skintight Sneaking Suit
MGS3 Russian Prototype Sneaking Suit
MGS4 Active Camo Sneaking Suit
MGSV Diamond Dogs Sneaking Suit
MGSPW MSF Sneaking Suit
Gimme, ALLLLLL of dat.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Just give me my MGS1 Sneaking Suit with no beard and I’m good.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just give me my MGS1 Sneaking Suit with no beard and I’m good.
That one's my favorite by far.
Seriously, it's his most iconic look and you choose the game design where Snake goes crazy existential on you.
I N F I N I T E A M M O

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
That one's my favorite by far.
Seriously, it's his most iconic look and you choose the game design where Snake goes crazy existential on you.
I N F I N I T E A M M O
Probably because that game sold more + was available on more platforms.
Smashbros sort of solidified it as snake’s iconic look at this point.

Still, MGS1 sneaking suit is a necessity.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
What do think would be some good new metal gear music for Shadow Moses in Ultimate? I'm hoping we get a revengence song.
As long as Calling to the Night and MGS4 Theme of love are back I'm set with Metal Gear music. Although some tracks from Rising and V would be appreciated.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What do think would be some good new metal gear music for Shadow Moses in Ultimate? I'm hoping we get a revengence song.
I'M STIIIIIIIIIIIIILL
IN A DREAAAAAAAAAM
SNAAAAAAAAKE EAAAAAAAATER
DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUN

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I gotta say, i love how much snakes reveal was emphasized in the reveal trailer more so than any other character. It was so awesome, the chills man.

tumblr_pa81moztzd1t4wjzko3_500.gif

Other than ridley's trailer, i think this captivated people the most, sakurai knew we wanted him, and he delivered. Even noting it with "back by popular demand", which is very satisfying.

Its all thanks to everyones hard work here during the ballot days, it feels good

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Now Snake can join fighting with his buddies, these battles can now become true.:

:snake::4myfriends:vs. :4ryu::4feroy:
:snake: vs. :4cloud:
:snake: vs. :4ryu:
:snake: vs. :4bayonetta:
:snake: vs. :4cloud: vs. :4ryu: vs. :4bayonetta:

For your enjoyment, here is a picture of Snake, Lucario, and Meta Knight.:

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
For the last few days i´ve been watching other people's reaction to the direct

and man... the amount of hype when snake gets revealed is universal

I saw a few who weren't happy with Snake but those were fellas who hate 3rd parties in general

all in all people are truly happy the legendary soldier is back

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Late, but I just wanted to come in here and say congratulations and that I’m really happy you guys got Snake back. I may not have played with him much in Brawl or Project M, but he’s always been a hype character to watch in competitive matches, so It should be great to have that again.

Also, Snake vs. Ryu or Cloud is amazing and it’s incredible that we can now have that in Smash.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

look at him. so great!

but wow thats a lot of dislikes on his trailer.
Apparently this backlash is because they nerfed his butt...yeah I'm serious.

BTW I can't wait to see how Snake's grab is going to look with Ridley...that will be funny.

SneakyBox

Smash Rookie
What would really be nice would be a mix of all the alert themes in metal gear solid series.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Yeah, they havent used it since really, the theme from mgs3 has become the replacement. I would love it if we got some phantom pain and peacewalker music in here
If they add music from Peace Walker then I want this song.
https://youtu.be/XGiF0FH-gzU
It doesn't fit at all with Shadow Moses, but I don't care, I would use this song with the Stage Builder.

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Not a Snake main by any means, but I’m very glad to see him return (along with everyone else).

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I just want some Revengeance music

And the mgs2 theme ofcourse
I'd love to see the MGS2 theme, but let's if the whole plagiarism thing let's it slide in.

As for Revengeance, Rules of Nature and It Has to Be This Way are the best choices. Granted, the whole soundtrack could work, but those two are the likeliest ones to appear.

Top Bottom