• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Outer Heaven - Kept You Waiting Huh?! Snake Social Thread

Who are The Patriots?

• Zero, Ocelot, Big Boss, EVA, Sigint, and Para-Medic

• La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo.

Results are only viewable after voting.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Hey has anybody been able to verify what Snake's boxing ring title is for Little mac's stage yet? I've seen some gameplay of people playing on the Boxing ring stage online, but none with Snake in it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Looks like snakes getting some love in bomberman as well

Konami's definitely trying to redeem themselves. At the very least, all of this free support has me glad that I got Super Bomberman R for the Switch - I'm relieved that Konami isn't trying to nickel and dime us by making each individual character paid DLC, or only making them accessible via lockboxes.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I can't wait to see :ultsnake: fight Daisy and some more characters from the previous Smash games that Snake had never fight before. (:ultwiifittrainer::ultgreninja::ultshulk::ultrobin:ultrosalina::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultlucina::ultpichu::ultroy::ultyounglink::ultvillager::ultdarkpit::ultdoc::ultpalutena::ultdaisy::ultmewtwo:) It's so nice to see Snake fighting and interacting with the other characters that he had never met before become a reality.

Plus, we can now have an fight of this.:

:ultsnake: vs. :ultduckhunt:

Here is a short comic of Mario welcoming back Snake to Smash.:

Some more fan art of Snake in Smash.:

Pixel Art of Snake, and how he was made.:

Those are very wholesome, especially the one with Peach. Post more if you find more!

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Um.....wow. Snake, Big Boss (David Hayter voiced as well) and Raiden being playable in Bomberman. And not just Metal Gear, but Contra and Zone of the Enders...

I wonder what Konami's up to. Also, who's voicing Raiden? That didn't sound like Quinton Flynn (it sounded more like Kiefer more then anything).

EDIT: Also, I just realized this makes Raiden and Zone of the Enders have a debut appearance on a Nintendo console and is in his Rising attire.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
One interesting thing that I noticed in the recent Bomberman Update. I've played a couple matches with Solid Snake Bomber, and one of his victory quote is "Does anyone have some candy?". Besides the silliness of that phrase (which I love), has it ever been said by David Hayter with Snake's voice? Because if it is a new recorded line, I suppose it wouldn't be out of the question that he might as well have recorded new lines for Smash, which greatly increases the possibility of having Codec Conversation back!

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Um.....wow. Snake, Big Boss (David Hayter voiced as well) and Raiden being playable in Bomberman. And not just Metal Gear, but Contra and Zone of the Enders...

I wonder what Konami's up to. Also, who's voicing Raiden? That didn't sound like Quinton Flynn (it sounded more like Kiefer more then anything).

EDIT: Also, I just realized this makes Raiden and Zone of the Enders have a debut appearance on a Nintendo console and is in his Rising attire.
Actually, Raiden technically made his debut in Ghost Babel

And I think ZoE has a gba game

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Those are very wholesome, especially the one with Peach. Post more if you find more!
Thanks! I will try to find some more. There are probably going to be plenty of Snake Smash related fan art in the future. So, I expect more to come.

Also, I can’t wait for Snake :ultsnake: to fight and interact with the Mii Fighters :ultmiifighters:. It’s going to be so awesome and nice having yourselves to fight with him.

Last edited:

Smasher89

Smash Lord
That combo was OD, they might have gone too far in a few places this time around :p:p
Not sure it's been posted yet so here it is:
They definitly do, every time i watch IC gameplay, i see another nerf (just like how in brawl, you found something new gpood with metaknight each time you speculated or played), Snake day 1 it looks like!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That combo was OD, they might have gone too far in a few places this time around :p:p
Not sure it's been posted yet so here it is:
-snip-
I'm wondering if Snake's Nair was given similar numbers, autolink angles and hit lag on the last hit, like Falco's in Smash 4. Zelda I think is capable of doing the same thing with her Nair, but her fall speed is lower than Falco and Snake's, Snake's hop I believe is shorter than Zelda's and Falco's for that matter, and Ultimate changed her Nair from a five-hit move to a three-hit move, so she mght have a harder or less time to land with it unlike Falco and Snake.

Note how Falco lands right after the last hit of Nair like Snake does in the video. So, Smash 4 Falco's Nair has 15 landing frames and according to Zapp: https://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ultimate-frame-data-e3-demo.456171/, Snake's Nair has 18 landing frames in Ultimate's E3 demo build, but by frame syncing, Falco and assuming this is what is happening in the video, Snake can, well... do this. I don't know how to explain frame syncing and I don't understand it entirely. Here's a thread on it: https://smashboards.com/threads/frame-syncing.434603/.

Thing is that Snake's Fair is slow, 23 startup according to Zapp, so I think DK should have been able to air dodge or DI away from Snake. Bair, however, is frame 7, so I would assume that would be a more reliable or possibly a guaranteed follow-up up to a certain percentage threshold.

Last edited:

mechmaster90

Smash Rookie
The last Fair was probably dodgeable, yeah, since DK had time to jump, Interesting to see that those jumps looked like short hops, in Brawl you could only get the 4 hits to connect with a full hop. It looks much harder to fall off from the multi hits compared to Brawl too.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Made a picture of Snake doing yoga with the Wii Fit Trainer. Enjoy!

75155405-3C3E-4E55-B89C-F863B0A44D0C.jpeg

Also, I found this kind of fan art of Snake and Rosalina.:

Here is an fan made codec conversation about Ridley.:

Last edited:

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
What do you guys think would be a cool Metal Gear poster for Smash Ultimate, kinda how the newcomers got posters in Smash 4 with respective artists in the case of the 3rd parties?

I did a post about this in the Smash Ultimate discussion about this and here is what I would have in mind:

Snake, Falcon, Link, Samus and Fox vs Wolf, Sonic, Mario, Cloud and Corrin with the art style of Metal Gear.

In Brawl, Snake was a Falcon fanboy so it would be cool for Snake to have Falcon on his team. Fox being an ally is supposed to be a reference to Gray Fox while Wolf being on the opposing team would be a reference to Sniper Wolf. Samus being on Snake's team would be a reference to Snake's admiration for Samus in Brawl and Link being on his team would be a reference to both of them being Mr. Utility Belt like Otacon puts it.

Mario being on the enemy team references the rivalry Snake and Mario had in Brawl or at least in Snake's trailer. Sonic being on the enemy team is a reference on how Snake doesn't like him and just wants to take him down. Cloud being on the enemy team would be a reference to Metal Gear Solid vs Final Fantasy VII during the Playstation era as well as Playstation mascots fighting each other.

Corrin as the leader of the enemy team for obvious reasons. ;)

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
A little late to report this, but the voice actor of Snake had respond about the butt.:

He also created an movement about it .:
The strangest part of that "movement" is that they used an altered photo from Ultimate. This is the actual game footage
Screenshot_20180704-074235.png

It's not as good as Brawl, but that isn't a flat Snake.
And just lookat him crawling
Screenshot_20180704-074312.png

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I'm really glad they buffed the C4 so that you can get clean KOs with it in the 80-100% range now.

If they axed the whole transferring mechanic from Brawl, getting one planted on you isn't going to be fun to deal with.

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
I just can’t get over how amazing Snake looks in this game! I didn’t even realize how much I missed him and the others that were cut until I saw that trailer!

Here’s to hoping we get a version of Snake Eater with the lyrics and a Psycho Mantis assist trophy.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
How would a Psycho Mantis assist trophy work? I think a combination of Skull Kid and the Devil would be alright enough.

Also, C4 kills stupidly earlier in Ultimate then in Brawl or at least looks like it does. I mean a Pikachu died to a C4 at 72.9% and Snake wasn't even in rage mode yet (he was at 112.4% while rage activates at 120%).

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
So, while I was looking on the internet, I found this fan made render of Old Snake made by a guy named CustomUltimate.:

Gotta to give props to this guy. He made a lot of cool renders.:
https://twitter.com/CustomUltimate/status/1013760587988381697

I found some cool Smash related Snake fan comics that you guys will appreciate. I hope you enjoy them!!!.:

Japanese Fan Comic of Snake, Shulk, and Little Mac.:

Here is an cute little adorable and kinda sad comic of Snake and Inkling Girl.:

Another cute comic with Snake in it.:

Last edited:

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
I'm so happy Snake's back in Smash! Metal Gear is one of my favourite game series of all time, and I really missed him in Smash 4.
Also, decided to draw a little spoof about what I """"truly"""" want Kirby's Snake copy form to look like. XD

(Warning: possible nightmare fuel. and yes, the mullet does look like armpit hair. XD )

Last edited:

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
The best part about Snake to me is that he really doesn’t fit! No character will be as silly or out of place as Snake and I love it! It’s one of the reasons why I love him in smash!

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
In case, if anyone want to see how Snake's title in the Boxing Ring Stage look like in the game, since the video got removed for an unknown reason. Here is an picture of it. Somebody managed to took it, before the video got removed.

Oh, here is an cute comic of Snake reunited with the girls.:

Last edited:

SneakyBox

Smash Rookie
In case, if anyone want to see how Snake's title in the Boxing Ring Stage look like in the game, since the video got removed for an unknown reason. Here is an picture of it. Somebody managed to took it, before the video got removed.

Oh, here is an cute comic of Snake reunited with the girls.:
Could’ve been something like “ The terrible child.”

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So Snake still has only one taunt? Wish he had the codec one like in Project M.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So Snake still has only one taunt? Wish he had the codec one like in Project M.
The game IS still in development so hopefully by the time of release they’ll add some brand new ones.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping that Snake will return to Smash one day, despite people thinking that he is gone forever and never coming back. Now, here we are! That wish have come true, thanks to Sakurai! It is so satisfying to see that dream come true, and have this also come true.:

:ultmario::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultsonic: vs. :ultsnake::ultcloud::ultryu::ultbayonetta:

Here is a gameplay of Snake vs. Ness in Boxing Ring.:

Fan Art:

hermes

Smash Apprentice
I used to judge hetero guys for objectifying female characters and playing with many waifus. Now I feel that Im in the same basket. Snake is incredibly hot and now I have to main him. It feels gooood.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
It never really occurred to me until recently, but after remembering how Link's bombs became energy projectiles in Smash 4, I'm wondering if Snake's explosives may have gotten the same treatment, which would potentially make characters like G&W, Ness, and Lucas very strong counterpicks.

I haven't found any footage of a Ness attempting to PSI Magnet his explosives yet, though.

Last edited:

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
It never really occurred to me until recently, but after remembering how Link's bombs became energy projectiles in Smash 4, I'm wondering if Snake's explosives may have gotten the same treatment, which would potentially make characters like G&W, Ness, and Lucas very strong counterpicks.

I haven't found any footage of a Ness attempting to PSI Magnet his explosives yet, though.
It the video linked aboce there's one clash that seems to have Nikita go straight through the PSI Magnet.

Top Bottom