• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Outer Heaven - Kept You Waiting Huh?! Snake Social Thread

Who are The Patriots?

• Zero, Ocelot, Big Boss, EVA, Sigint, and Para-Medic

• La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo. La-li-lu-le-lo.

Results are only viewable after voting.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You can also get the VR missions seperately if you like MGS1 enough. Those missions also plays into MGS2's story in a cool but oddball way.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Speaking of MGS2, do you think we'll get another Patriots codec like Luigi's in Brawl?
I hope so. The La Li Lu Le Lo joke is such a deepcut for Metal Gear fans that I loved actually knowing what it was.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Well that's MGS2 does to you. It's plot was so mind-bending that it will make you think about it LONG after the game ends. And it even encourages you to play through it twice to see if you can spot anything out of the ordinary.

MGS2 has one of the best narratives in video game history in my opinion. I mean someone made a whole thesis about the game, mostly involving the ending.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I hope Snake and crew re-records the codec calls that doesn’t have the Colonel

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, I mentioned that his box victory pose was replaced. The one where he throws the box off of him and goes "Not even close". Well, I found a pretty good video that shows the new victory and he still says "not even close" so, as of now, there hasn't been any newly recorded voice clips in Smash Ultimate for Snake as of the Demo.
I don't think Sakurai would leave out the Codecs considering how much they're loved but I just thought I'd point out that, yeah, David Hayter probably didn't know he was voicing Snake in Smash until we did. So that's pretty funny.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Interesting, the ones who did the CG cutscene for Ridley were Digital Frontier. They were also the ones who did the CG cutscenes of Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal Gear Rising.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Interesting, the ones who did the CG cutscene for Ridley were Digital Frontier. They were also the ones who did the CG cutscenes of Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal Gear Rising.
Raiden trailer confirmed

For real tho, neat. I wonder if they also did Smash 4's CG trailers.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
The grenades and C4 are confirmed to be considered energy projectiles now thanks to this match (The grenade absorb occurs in the opening moments and the C4 at the end), so Ness/Lucas/G&W players aren't going to be fun to deal with.

SweetestB0i

Smash Rookie
I'd like to see an alt. for snake with the Raiden mask from mgs3. It would just be too perfect.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Welp, it took me a little bit... I got the Yoshi rank though.

Honestly, this is my favorite version of MGS3 but this is only my second time beating it. The first time I played I constantly restarted because I was going for a 0 kills, 0 alerts, 0 death run. Finally got it, and then put the game down for a long time. Feels good to go back into it.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Welp, it took me a little bit... I got the Yoshi rank though.

Honestly, this is my favorite version of MGS3 but this is only my second time beating it. The first time I played I constantly restarted because I was going for a 0 kills, 0 alerts, 0 death run. Finally got it, and then put the game down for a long time. Feels good to go back into it.
Nice! I’ve only been able to get zero kill runs, but I’m not good enough to really do zero alerts.

I found most of the Yoshi figures though.

SneakyBox

Smash Rookie
Well in other news, they did a little poll thingy in Japan for most anticipated smash character, and Raiden from MGS places in the top 20. So, at least this lets us know that is a demand for Raiden in the east at least.

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
Well in other news, they did a little poll thingy in Japan for most anticipated smash character, and Raiden from MGS places in the top 20. So, at least this lets us know that is a demand for Raiden in the east at least.
Two things to bear in mind about that poll:

1: It only sourced votes from a single site. It is about as representative of Japan's desires overall as a poll of a singular site's community would be for the West's desires.
2: It was actually for characters thought to be likely rather than specifically wanted. That said, I'm sure Raiden has his fanbase in Japan. Who else would've voted for him?

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Sometimes, I feel like i'm the only one really supportive of a Big Boss echo.

Sure, he could be a costume. But.....it looks like he's not <_< I just think it's abit weird to skip on a Big Boss alt when MGS3DS was the last Nintendo release. I also think it'd be a bit weird if he used modern-day weapons like the Nikita or Cypher.
Of course i'm still grateful for Solid Snake, but anyone else have thoughts on Big Boss?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sometimes, I feel like i'm the only one really supportive of a Big Boss echo.

Sure, he could be a costume. But.....it looks like he's not <_< I just think it's abit weird to skip on a Big Boss alt when MGS3DS was the last Nintendo release. I also think it'd be a bit weird if he used modern-day weapons like the Nikita or Cypher.
Of course i'm still grateful for Solid Snake, but anyone else have thoughts on Big Boss?
Any new Metal Gear character is a good idea to me. However, I've stated this before on the topic of the Sonic Franchise, I feel like adding another character from a third party franchise that's already represented feels like a bit of a waste. I mean I'm sure Shadow would be cool but I'd much rather see Akira Yuki or a Valkyria Chronicles character instead. I'm sure Ms. Pac-Man would be great but I'd much rather have Heihachi or Lloyd. I'm sure Noctis would be awesome but I'd be lying if I said I preferred him over Crono.

It's a double edged sword. Yeah, Big Boss would make a great echo. Change the up B to a fulton, the side B to an RPG, and boom, a great echo. However, I would just as much rather see, well, Simon. So, if all else failed and we had to choose between a new Metal Gear character or a different character from the same company, I'd always pick the latter. I like to see people happy and a new franchise usually makes more people more happy.

Now, if we're talking about Raiden as a character, welllllll I'm to biased to talk about that but I'd ****ing love it.

SneakyBox

Smash Rookie
Any new Metal Gear character is a good idea to me. However, I've stated this before on the topic of the Sonic Franchise, I feel like adding another character from a third party franchise that's already represented feels like a bit of a waste. I mean I'm sure Shadow would be cool but I'd much rather see Akira Yuki or a Valkyria Chronicles character instead. I'm sure Ms. Pac-Man would be great but I'd much rather have Heihachi or Lloyd. I'm sure Noctis would be awesome but I'd be lying if I said I preferred him over Crono.

It's a double edged sword. Yeah, Big Boss would make a great echo. Change the up B to a fulton, the side B to an RPG, and boom, a great echo. However, I would just as much rather see, well, Simon. So, if all else failed and we had to choose between a new Metal Gear character or a different character from the same company, I'd always pick the latter. I like to see people happy and a new franchise usually makes more people more happy.

Now, if we're talking about Raiden as a character, welllllll I'm to biased to talk about that but I'd ****ing love it.
I agree completely, I’m perfectly satisfied with just snake alone representing Metal Gear Solid but I wouldn’t say no to Raiden getting in. I had a lot of fun playing as him in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale (if anyone remembers that game), but I wouldn’t be devastated if someone from a new different series makes it instead.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Considering how clever the Smash site has been with references, if Raiden gets in I bet one of the website screenshots (or his reveal trailer) would have everyone drowning in water except him :p

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Raiden playable, no thanks. If Grey Fox were playable, then I'd be happy if Raiden was a skin.
Revolver Ocelot would never happen.
Liquid Snake would be interesting to make a move set for. And I kind of want to hear him say "Its not over yet Snake!"
Solidus Snake would be kind of cool since he has those Dr Octopus arms going on.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We got another playable Konami character in the Direct - two, in fact. While not the third party echo that I was expecting (I figured Ken from Street Fighter), it does open up a lot of interesting possibilities. Jeanne from Bayonetta? Ms. Pac-Man? Big Boss?!

SneakyBox

Smash Rookie
We got another playable Konami character in the Direct - two, in fact. While not the third party echo that I was expecting (I figured Ken from Street Fighter), it does open up a lot of interesting possibilities. Jeanne from Bayonetta? Ms. Pac-Man? Big Boss?!
This opens the door for more 3rd party echos, since Simon got one. Big Boss echo maybe?

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
With Rathalos in Smash as an stage boss and an assist trophy, we could have this again.:

SneakyBox

Smash Rookie
Im really hoping that the secret single player mode that was teased is subspace emissary 2. It was awesome to see all diverse characters of smash interact, even if the story was pretty much on same level as a fanfiction.

EDIT: it’d be awesome to see stuff like snake interact with people like Samus or Simon.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
You guys know what’s funny? Everyone kept telling us how Snake was “impossible” because “Konami is evil and would say no” or “Sakurai wouldn’t betray Kojima.” Well guess what? Konami currently has the most playable reps right now. Man it feels even more vindicating than it did when Snake was revealed. I just sometimes read old posts on different sites like these and laugh:

Alright, Imma give you the truth.

Snake probably isn't coming back, and Simon won't be a newcomer. Unless Nintendo quite litterally forced Sakurai to add Snake and Simon, Sakurai would probably not wish to colaborate with Konami. (Kojima was one of his friends.) Nintendo would probably not want to force Sakurai, since Sakurai is very control heavy in his games, and Nintendo might receive some bad press from woring with Konami.

If it wasn't for Simon/Snake, I could see the imgur leak being real, but those two discredit the entire leak.
Konami is not letting it happen. Goku seems more likely than Snake imo (since Goku is from Bandai)”
But anyway, **** Yeah! Snake and Simon baby, WOOHOO

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
All this direct news is kinda hilarious when you consider Big Boss's more humorous history, lol.

-Rathalos as a boss. With Chico as a fighter :ultpit:

-Dracula is in the game. Big Boss is gonna have nightmares.

-Chrom had a “Santa” name tag in tournament mode. Stop laughing Huey.

-K Rool is a crocodile. Pretty tasty.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
With Simon and Richter now officially in Smash, we can officially have these kind of battles.

Snake vs. Simon vs. Richter

Snake vs. Ryu vs. Bayonetta vs. Cloud vs. Simon vs. Richter

Snake vs. Ryu vs. Bayonetta vs. Cloud vs. Simon vs. Mega Man vs. Pac Man vs. Sonic

To celebrate their inclusion, I have decided to draw this. I also put Chrom in, since he is now playable.:

F54EE574-2747-48A9-A357-A192E693712F.jpeg

Last edited:

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
With Richter announced and Shadow looking very likely, I do have the stupid hope for a Snake echo. Big Boss is iconic, and the most likely, but I think Liquid could work well too. He's a classic villain that you can easily distinguish from Snake, and it would make sense for him to have his moveset. Cam Clarke is already the voice of Corrin too, but that doesn't really matter.

mechmaster90

Smash Rookie
With Richter announced and Shadow looking very likely, I do have the stupid hope for a Snake echo. Big Boss is iconic, and the most likely, but I think Liquid could work well too. He's a classic villain that you can easily distinguish from Snake, and it would make sense for him to have his moveset. Cam Clarke is already the voice of Corrin too, but that doesn't really matter.
On the other hand, with both Simon and Richter, we're gonna have 3 Konami characters, I really doubt we're gonna get a 4th, but I guess everything's possible at this point.

Last edited:

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
On the other hand, with both Simon and Richter, we're gonna have 3 Konami characters, I really doubt we're gonna get a 4th, but I guess everything's possible at this point.
Yeah, it's a stupid hope. Any new MG content would be refreshing really.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Look, how many third party characters we have so far in this game. Everybody is here!!! This is the best crossover game ever!!!

Found this nice picture of Snake and Simon supporting Luigi:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
With how much Konami love is present in this game it really makes me hopeful for their future. I mean I dunno about anyone else but I'd be absolutely, totally fine with Nintendo just buying them outright. If only...

SweetestB0i

Smash Rookie
I don't really see liquid and big boss would be incredible, But honestly I would want to see Raiden the most. He would just be so nice to see. and they could do an mgs2 and mg rising skin.

SneakyBox

Smash Rookie
With how much Konami love is present in this game it really makes me hopeful for their future. I mean I dunno about anyone else but I'd be absolutely, totally fine with Nintendo just buying them outright. If only...
If Konami is giving out this much love, I hope this means we see a lot of music in smash (unlike FF). I could go on about all the MGS songs they could add.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Konami isn't going to get bought out. The reason why they've been so terrible the past few years is because their businesses outside of gaming are much more lucrative--health clubs, pachislot machines, etc.

Some people have thought that their intellectual properties might get bought, like Metal Gear and Castlevania, but that seems like a stretch, too. Despite Konami's apathy towards AAA games and their rampant bridge-burning, they seem to have fallen in love with licensing out their IP's for whatever. Remember how they got David Hayter and Pail Eiding to reprise their roles for a freaking Ford Focus commercial? And then there's also all the guest characters in Super Bomberman R from their other franchises. While they might not be planning to make any actual games for them, they're going to get as much mileage out of them as they can with what they've got.

Hence "Sakurai wants Castlevania? Have all the Castlevania! We're not making any money off of it right now, but if you want to make us some free money off of it, we'll be more than happy to do so!" I mean, if someone came up to me and offered to pay me to license something I wasn't using and didn't care about, I wouldn't say no.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Konami isn't going to get bought out. The reason why they've been so terrible the past few years is because their businesses outside of gaming are much more lucrative--health clubs, pachislot machines, etc.

Some people have thought that their intellectual properties might get bought, like Metal Gear and Castlevania, but that seems like a stretch, too. Despite Konami's apathy towards AAA games and their rampant bridge-burning, they seem to have fallen in love with licensing out their IP's for whatever. Remember how they got David Hayter and Pail Eiding to reprise their roles for a freaking Ford Focus commercial? And then there's also all the guest characters in Super Bomberman R from their other franchises. While they might not be planning to make any actual games for them, they're going to get as much mileage out of them as they can with what they've got.

Hence "Sakurai wants Castlevania? Have all the Castlevania! We're not making any money off of it right now, but if you want to make us some free money off of it, we'll be more than happy to do so!" I mean, if someone came up to me and offered to pay me to license something I wasn't using and didn't care about, I wouldn't say no.
Hence the "if only" Nintendo has gone on record stating that they don't like buying out other companies. They feel it provides a bad image of the company. Monolithsoft being the exception because, apparently, Namco was either going to sell it or close the doors on them, and Nintendo saw potential.

Honestly, I know Konami will never get bought, and I know Konami will never worry abou public perception, but I'd they could just license out more IP's to developers, even Exclusive Deals if need be, I'd be way more happy with the company. I dunno. Maybe they do care about public perception and those Castlevania games Verg leaked are real. Tine will tell I guess.

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
Konami really isn't as unreasonable as some think. I know the Kojima affair is touchy, but I can look at it both ways. His game's were getting increasingly more expensive, and Konami was seeing less and less returns off of them. Personally, I'd like to see more compilation releases of their older titles. It's been ages since I've played Sons of Liberty.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Konami really isn't as unreasonable as some think. I know the Kojima affair is touchy, but I can look at it both ways. His game's were getting increasingly more expensive, and Konami was seeing less and less returns off of them. Personally, I'd like to see more compilation releases of their older titles. It's been ages since I've played Sons of Liberty.
I kinda of agree. Kojima is a visionary, no doubt about it, but he too made some mistakes that costed a lot of money to Konami, like casting an Hollywood star like Sutherland (with his enourmous paycheck ) for the mostly silent MGSV Snake. They would have been probably in a loss if it wasn't for the sales of mobile games and pachinkos.

Konami surely should have been a little more respectful towards Kojima, but the man isn't without faults.

And I too would love a collcetion of Metal Gear games (also one for Castlevania please). Particularly on the Switch so that I can play them on the go.

Last edited:
Top Bottom