• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Our Pika-players (A quick reference for beginners)

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
To all beginner Pikachu-players - This is a quick reference to the pikachu-players on smashboards. If you want to seek advice and learn from our site's Pikachu-players, or look for videos of Pikachu-players, then these people are definitely a good start.

Use this link- http://xat.com/chat/room/37180170/ to either chat with the Pikachu-players on our forum or brawl them. There are usually at least 4-5 people online at all times.

Thread rules:

1) Take flame-wars outside of the thread (Ex: Flaming about online vs. wifi battles)
2) No spamming
3) No johns
4) If this thread gets out of control, I'm going to have it deleted.[
5) To get on this list, simply post your name and either a short description about you and your Pikachu or a video of your Pikachu playing.
6) This is not a rankings list. This means that there are no ranks. Please don't ask for ranks.

To the people who want to be on the list, or are on the list, please fill in this mini-survey:

1) Do you use Pikachu in tournaments? (Online or Wifi?)
2) Do you have videos of yourself playing? If so, please post 1 of yourself.
3) Should beginner Pikachu-players come to you for advice?
4) Where do you live?

Key for the list:

*= Uses Pikachu in Tournaments
**= Good person to go to for advice on Pikachu
***= Does both * and **

Our
Pikachu-players

Peregrinus Falconidae*** - "Fear the skies! A Falcon dives at over 200km/h!"

K 2*** - Location: Texas - http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=lRUyhFU79g8

Veng

Silver Spark***

Mister_ E

Anther

K Prime

thebadnewsbear06*** - Location: Texas

Stealth Raptor

BubbleTea

Krehz

!Boom!

Piman34

galax1117

Veng

5ive - http://www.youtube.com/user/5iveRP

Muhznit - "I'M THOR IN A PLUSH TOY, FATCHES! LIGHTNING **** SPIN!"

Neji32*** - Location: Kentucky

Scissors Sir

Blooqkazoo** - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg
5SJYRHA0

Ussi*** - Location: New Jersey (Travels to PA and big NYC tournies)

Fino

Rollerking540

ESAM

Kawaiii Bunny

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Please don't start this thread. They are doing this in some of the other boards and it is only leading to trouble.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=]

Now this is an interesting thread. I can only hope it doesn't lead to inflated egos and faltered friendships.

Let me be the intermediary between you and Bear before the argument ensues. Start this thread, but if things begin to get out of hand (in ways that I mentioned above) this thread must be destroyed. Kthnx.

Now Bear, we need to play. We have never brawled yet! O_O

Question: The order you created that top 10 list in doesn't mean anything, right?

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I said it once and I'll say it again. This thread will only lead to trouble. If you feel like stroking your ego, feel free to jump in.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
Now this is an interesting thread. I can only hope it doesn't lead to inflated egos and faltered friendships.

Let me be the intermediary between you and Bear before the argument ensues. Start this thread, but if things begin to get out of hand (in ways that I mentioned above) this thread must be destroyed. Kthnx.

Now Bear, we need to play. We have never brawled yet! O_O

Question: The order you created that top 10 list in doesn't mean anything, right?
no, it doesn't. I'll turn the list into a Top 5 list so that there won't be so much controversy.

I'll probably just change the name of this thread entirely to "QAC Tactics" or something if this thread turns into a flame war

K 2

Smash Lord
It's nice to have a list of the top pika players. You might not want to number them, except for anther as number 1. Having a general list of pika players would provide newcomers direction as to what youtube videos they should watch. I know on the G&W boards there are numerous post on "who is the best G&W player", since they want to watch videos of that player and emulate (maybe) their play style. But really, don't number them. I don't see anything wrong with providing a list of the better players and putting a few vids of them

P.S. I beat Stealth Raptor once! Best moment of my life! He owned me like 15 times, but I still beat him once! =P

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
No numbers? Alright, then. I'll just make it look a bit different.

Edit: I guess that there shouldn't be any numbers at all. Even seeing Anther ranked 1 may cause controversy.

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
This is stupid. I cant believe you guys are actually doing this.

EDIT: HOLY SHIZ. IVE BEATEN ALL OF YOU (EXCEPT ANTHER). DO I GET A COOKIE?

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mention wifi in this thread - please read the first post, first

also, if you don't want to participate in this, then you don't have to. this is more of a quick reference to beginner pikachu-players who want to see who the good pikachu-players are, so that they can look at movies of them playing or ask them for advice, so that they could get better

K 2

Smash Lord
who are you? Boom?

I'm ranked as one of the top pika players!!!! *tears stream from my eyes* I love you silverspark, you are my hero!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ok....silver spark....this list will cause nothing but controversy (As it already is). This will do nothing but cause crap loads of trouble, worthless arguing, and too much ego showing. I have my own personal opinion of this list (different from yours i might add) which is what this all boils down to, is opinion. this is partly what my tourney thread is for, to rank the pikas in the clan. also, online =/= offline. we would all need to meet somewhere to play irl. as an example, at hobo 11, me and bear got to play each other, and were pretty even. this thread should really be locked. i havent had a chance to read the olimar thread, but i have a feeling it is a pile of **** right now.

K 2

Smash Lord
I agree with Bear. I think this list is more for who to ask for advice/who to watch on youtube rather than who is the best. That's my impression of this thread.

SilverSpark

Smash Journeyman
please read the first post. (again)

-there are no ranks
-no one needs to play anyone: they can submit videos, if they can, or show that they have extensive knowledge of pikachu. They're only going to get their name on the list, for beginner players to look at.
-I can change the name to (Our Pikachu-players, and have a small description of each person's Pikachu, or something similar to that) I want to keep the main purpose of this thread intact.

Edit: If no one agrees, then I'll just ask for the thread to be deleted, or let it die.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Just so you know it never mentions no ranks in the OP. if that is so it is fine. listing anther first, then me second, then ESAM third is VERY telling of perhaps there is a ranking system involved. even i thought so when i saw it. This is the reason why i never talk about my own personal opinions of who is better then each other. if it is a non ranked list this doesnt bug me too much. other then you are missing some people. who i am not going to say cause others might say "what about me?"

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
This is a random n00b telling you to chill out
Thank you
Edit:MY FIRST POST EVER!!!excluding the one in meet n' greet
HOORAY
OMGWTFBBQ

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Wow that was an intelligent post. If you're going to do this write a biography like the one in ROB boards

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
It's funny, really. The only problems the thread is causing are the posts that are predicting problems. All of them say "It's going to erupt into a flame war" and such. Really now, can't we be optimistic?

WE MAIN A YELLOW RABBIT-THING, FOR GOD'S SAKES!

Perhaps a short one-liner description for each Pika player, maybe a quote from them about Pikachu?

Muhznit: "I'M THOR IN A PLUSH TOY, FATCHES! LIGHTNING **** SPIN!"

Peregrinus Falconidae

Smash Journeyman
Silver, a nice idea, but I think you should add descriptions to each player such as whether they play in tourneys, have videos or are people to ask for help from, where they live etc. This would keep people from thinking that it is a rankings list and also end the pessimistic "there's gonna be a flame war" posts or some of the really unintelligent posts which have contributed nothing to this guide above. Not naming any specifics, you can guess which post(s) I'm talking about. If people found it a reliable resource to find other Pikas to talk to and learn from and not a rankings thread, I'd love it.

On a side note, when I first saw the list and hadn't read that it wasn't a rankings list I was thinking OMGWTF HOW AM I ABOVE ANTHER!!! I SHOULD BE BOTTOM LOL!!! But then, no harm in reading the above paragraph.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I like how you left me out : (
Make the man happy. >_>

This thread will no longer lead to controversy as ranks have been taken out. Good idea.
List all the Pikachu users here who are actually somewhat active. Also a link to our clan chat should be provided in here somewhere.

neji32

Smash Lord
Wow this is gay. I wish sombody like stealth would of made this if any. This guy doesnt even know all the pika players. Im not on the list >_>
I dont understand the point of this anyway.........we usually just got every newcomber caught up at our clan. This is pointless and I WANT MY NAME UP THERE. then just let this die because i see no use to this. Doesnt tell or list techs its not about clans and its not asking or giving useful information

Veng

Smash Ace
Ive beaten everyone here except anther too... but that doesnt me an im better... i just... won once out of a while...

at least its a general list now >.>

Veng

Smash Ace
Wow this is gay. I wish sombody like stealth would of made this if any. This guy doesnt even know all the pika players. Im not on the list >_>
I dont understand the point of this anyway.........we usually just got every newcomber caught up at our clan. This is pointless and I WANT MY NAME UP THERE. then just let this die because i see no use to this. Doesnt tell or list techs its not about clans and its not asking or giving useful information
if its so pointless why are you so worried that your name isnt up there?

Peregrinus Falconidae

Smash Journeyman
Excuse me Veng and Boom, you have not beaten EVERYONE on that list. The only people who have beaten me are Stealth, Krehz, Neji and ESAM. I haven't really played anyone else. So Silver, try doing what I listed in my post on page 2. It would help stop flame wars.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
lol at bloo. ok this is getting to the point where i am not likeing the direction of this thread. this could turn into the ego fest like the olimar thread. WHICH WAS STARTED BY VENG i might add :p

Top Bottom