• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
There are no good smashers that im aware of that live on res =/, and i live 50 minutes away, but thats not really a problem, is there a t.v available that you could use for free...? like a personal one.? If so i could play you for like 2 hours and be able to bring a cube.

efex

Smash Cadet
I am trying to locate a tv right now, thats why i was trying to find someone on res that plays ( maby they would have a cube and tv ready since all i could bring was my controller =[)

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
If you find a t.v and want to play tommorow tell me , cause my exam is tommorow morning at 9:00 am , and thats the only time i would be able to play you, most likely, (around 12)

efex

Smash Cadet
i am gonn ask my girlfriend to borrow her friends tv, i'll let you know later tonight cause i'd really wanna get some practice in btw you going to the smash fest on friday?

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
50/50 depending on how much i have to study and if i have random plans. Most likely yes tho if dice / locke come.

efex

Smash Cadet
50/50 depending on how much i have to study and if i have random plans. Most likely yes tho if dice / locke come.
i wouldnt mind going with you guys to maby your house to play some smash i'm not sure if i can get a tv going here -_-;;
if you know anyone else on residence who has a tv / smash already set up that'd be better

Rimi

Smash Apprentice
If you really want to play us, try to come friday to fogels, its not to far away by bus from carleton, maybe 20 mins?

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
Ottawa guys you should look into Smashbound's tournament on the 9th of June I believe. It'd be mighty fine if you guys would show up, even if it's just you Cameron.
Is there a link to a post about it?

Also Fogel, Derek, Ian and I will be there for the smash fest on fri. I won't to be there till 7 tho. Do you need me to bring a tv or 2? or did u get a new one and your good?

efex

Smash Cadet
If you really want to play us, try to come friday to fogels, its not to far away by bus from carleton, maybe 20 mins?
yea i am definatly going to make it to fogels , i just wanted something durring the week to do

Fogel

Smash Lord
Ottawa guys you should look into Smashbound's tournament on the 9th of June I believe. It'd be mighty fine if you guys would show up, even if it's just you Cameron.
I'm probably not going to the Mississauga tourney, I'm already going to be in Toronto for Anime North, then again a month later in Mississauga for EC vs. WC.

Also Fogel, Derek, Ian and I will be there for the smash fest on fri. I won't to be there till 7 tho. Do you need me to bring a tv or 2? or did u get a new one and your good?
I've got 3 TVs here at the moment, maybe bring one other TV just in case a lot of people show up. Definitely bring your wii though!

yea i am definatly going to make it to fogels , i just wanted something durring the week to do
Are you getting a lift with someone to my house, or do you need directions?

efex

Smash Cadet
i need directions from campus to your house(if its on the way can some1 give me a lift) ? you availible befor friday to play for a bit....(why is public transportation so bad in ottawa ?)

efex

Smash Cadet
is anyone avilable befor friday to play some smash ? i wouldnt mind going to someones house for a few hours to play

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
I've got 3 TVs here at the moment, maybe bring one other TV just in case a lot of people show up. Definitely bring your wii though!
Alright I'll for sure bring my wii then, and if i get the car, which i probably will, i'll bring a tv.

The transportation system sucks because the people who paved ottawa's streets were effected by the plague and dropped out of school. So they paved crooked roads to pay for their subscriptions. While toronto has straight roads :lick: .

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
efex, yeah man I'd like to play tomorrow or the next day (wednesday or thursday) anytime after 3:30pm. I live in the west end, centrepoint. Its in between Baseline Rd and Woodroffe Ave. If you don't mind coming out here, but its not too far. I'll pm u directions now cause i'm going to sleep now.

Fogel

Smash Lord
efex: I can't play until the smashfest; I have to work a lot of overtime this week, sorry. I'll pm you directions to my place shortly.

efex

Smash Cadet
is there any chance of someone being able to drive me to fogels and back to residence ?

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Is there going to be anything happening on the 27th? I really need to start playing people again, I'm starting to think I'll be able to own people with roy >.> Stupid computers.

Jumbley

Smash Rookie
I`m also interested in attending, though I`m as new to the smash community as it gets. I`d really like to meet some local players, and I`m guessing these Smashfests are the best place for that [correct me if I`m wrong, please!]. So if anything is being organised' do post! [sorry if I`m being a huge rookie!]

Jumbley

Smash Rookie
How does one attend a 'Smashfest'? I know I'd like to go, but I never have before! If anybody is willing to inform me of the process, post or PM me.
<-- is a dirty n00b

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Entry is 5 dollars, or you bring food. Bring your own controller, if possible a TV. Bring 1 girl with you. Bonus points if she's asian. Bonus multiplier if she's asian. Win if she's not into you.

Vwins

Smash Ace
lol chet stop fooling the noobs. Jumblev when you go to a smashfest you just need to bring your own controller. Sometime If you can bring a TV or a gamecube it can be really usefull. Finally you need to find your way to the smashfest with your own transport. Normaly the host of the smashfest will give you his address.

Dice

Smash Lord
Vwins is correct but he left out a minor detail. Always always always bring $20 to give to a guy named "Dice" :)

Fogel

Smash Lord
How does one attend a 'Smashfest'? I know I'd like to go, but I never have before! If anybody is willing to inform me of the process, post or PM me.
<-- is a dirty n00b
There's not much to it; just show up and play. I don't charge an entry fee for my smashfests, but some people do. Definitely bring your own controller. Bringing a TV and/or Gamecube is encouraged; the more setups there are, the more smash people can play!

Jumbley

Smash Rookie
Terrific! This definitely sounds like a good time (and I'll probably bring food/cube as well, girls...maybe). Thanks very much!
To that end, where and/or when is the next 'fest' happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom