• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ottawa Ontario Canada HD Remix

arsenic41

Smash Ace
But everyone is forgetting tha the best fighting game EVAARRR is Scarlet Weather Rhapsody....7 year Old girls claiming to be 20 fighting each other to the death with Kameamea Ha's turn me on result in a great fighitng game

PND

Smash Champion
I could borrow my brother's GGXX:AC for PS2 if you want to play sometime. I don't play it too seriously though. Who do you play as? I'm best with Millia.

Also, I didn't know there was a new GG out. If it isn't a fighter, then what kind of game is it? /too-lazy-to-google-it
I usually play Testament, Dizzy, and Chipp, but I'm super casual still, aka not good with anyone but play with everyone. The new GG, after researching it, is pretty much Devil May Cry meets Dynasty Warriors meets Battlefield. Large scale battles with a Devil May Cry combat system revolving around capturing set points on the map. It doesn't sound BAD, by any means, so if it get good reviews I may pick it up anyway.

I may be interested in hosting Thursday as well as Friday. I don't really like that I got last place this week so I may see if playing more often actually helps me. Who would be down for Thursday night?
I might be interested. I usually smash with Tyler (LivewiresXe) and watch survivor, so maybe he could come? I haven't asked him so I don't know if he can make it or anything, I'm just throwing the idea out there. I've been slowly training him up, perhaps some practice with others would be good for him. I know I want way more practice before Niagara. Missing this week was a huge blow, as I wasn't the one to dethrone SAUS for the first time. . . :( I won't know if I'm able to make it until the day of, it depends on my work schedule.

Would we get to watch survivor? :chuckle:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Sure, I'd be up for coming down Thursday night (can always tape Survivor and watch it when I get back), since I work well....the Friday, Saturday, Monday, and Wednesday events. Dang hockey season. :laugh:

However, I'm not as good as Mike is, but hey, more different people I can play against, the better I can get.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Since there's already a decent amount of interest, I'll say Thursday Brawl at my place is officially on for this week.

I usually play Testament, Dizzy, and Chipp, but I'm super casual still, aka not good with anyone but play with everyone. The new GG, after researching it, is pretty much Devil May Cry meets Dynasty Warriors meets Battlefield. Large scale battles with a Devil May Cry combat system revolving around capturing set points on the map. It doesn't sound BAD, by any means, so if it get good reviews I may pick it up anyway.

I might be interested. I usually smash with Tyler (LivewiresXe) and watch survivor, so maybe he could come? I haven't asked him so I don't know if he can make it or anything, I'm just throwing the idea out there. I've been slowly training him up, perhaps some practice with others would be good for him. I know I want way more practice before Niagara. Missing this week was a huge blow, as I wasn't the one to dethrone SAUS for the first time. . . :( I won't know if I'm able to make it until the day of, it depends on my work schedule.

Would we get to watch survivor? :chuckle:
The new GG game sounds interesting, but I don't know if I'm interested enough to actually get it :)

I don't mind if you bring Tyler on Thursday. FYI though, I don't have cable, so you wouldn't be able to watch Survivor (unless they stream it live on the Internet somewhere...).

flash7

Smash Journeyman
Im not sure about thursday yet, depends on work.

Also there are some sites that stream it live but I dont know any off the top of my head.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
-Thursday brawling sounds good to me, if I can go would you mind if I just showed up Cam?a

-Sirlin is making his own card game, called Yomi. It's basically a fighting-game in card-game form and it looks pretty cool. I've downloaded the card sets stuff and I'm going to look over the rules and learn to play it. It's also cool because it can be used as a standard playing card deck. He originally wanted it to be SF based, but Capcom went gay and played Counterspell. So now he's basing the card game 100% on something of his own creation, something he calls "Fantasy-Strike".

IvanEva

Smash Ace
I probably won't be able to make it but so long as somebody picks Lucas at least once (and loses to a Marth) we can say that I'll be there in spirit.

By the way guys, I gave in to my craving (well, again. I just finished Megaman 1 - 8 and am going to be playing 9 in a week or so...) and bought up Mortal Kombat 5.3 (Armageddon) for the Wii since I'll probably never get a 360/PS2 and thus never play MK vs DC. We needs us some Mortal Kombat fests! Just to make them special though, if you have a fatality done on your character, you yourself have to die. It'll make every match feel like the most intense money match of your life.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ah don't worry about it, Fogel. I mean, I look at it this way, Survivor's on Global and well....if I can get Global at my cottage on an antenna, figure you probably will. :bee:

Fogel

Smash Lord
edit: Someone please tell Derek about Thursday, since I know he never uses the Internets.

-Thursday brawling sounds good to me, if I can go would you mind if I just showed up Cam?a

-Sirlin is making his own card game, called Yomi. It's basically a fighting-game in card-game form and it looks pretty cool. I've downloaded the card sets stuff and I'm going to look over the rules and learn to play it. It's also cool because it can be used as a standard playing card deck. He originally wanted it to be SF based, but Capcom went gay and played Counterspell. So now he's basing the card game 100% on something of his own creation, something he calls "Fantasy-Strike".
Yeah, just show up, that was kind of how I expected it to be.

Ah don't worry about it, Fogel. I mean, I look at it this way, Survivor's on Global and well....if I can get Global at my cottage on an antenna, figure you probably will. :bee:
I don't even have a coax cable from my TV to the jack :/ Also, I haven't tried but I think the coax connector on my TV might be broken anyways. If you really want to see it, I suggest setting up a VCR to record it.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Dude, it really doesn't matter whether you get it or not. I was going to set the VCR up to tape it regardless of what was going on, since I've been taping the season so far. :laugh:

In other words, yeah, Survivor being on's not too much of an issue, if any issue at all in this case.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
You failed D: I had the worst Thanksgiving ever.

I was forced to go out of town against my will, and in the process of the battle with my parents, my stuff was secretly packed.
My mom, for no reason at all, leaves my good controller out on the living room table in Marlbank.
Over the night, their cat is restless, wants outside, and decides to break my controller (to a slight extent; the padding on the joystick is cracked and liable to peel off).

So, I'm placing all johns on my mother from now on for the most horrible vacation of my life. And I might not show up at a lot of SmashFests from now on because I need to see if I can still use my yellow controller regardless of the tear (and possible other unchecked problems) or to see if I can properly adjust to my purple controller. And I'm also scared about my Wii because it seems like it's getting louder (might be my imagination).

If the yellow controller doesn't work, RIP ;-; It was my favourite, and I'm sure this weekend was just for the luls of the fates >.> <.<

SmashFest is Thursday this week? o.O I'll...see what I can do. Might not have the morale to come.

So, sorry guys. Just had to spread the word to those it could affect.

Matt07

Smash Master
Sorry to here about your controller, Linkshot. At least your...sympathetic to your controller.

Me? I throw it around from time to time, made the Wii fall twice because it wasn't a wireless controller :(.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Alan, have you seen Retlaf's controller? It's the most brutalized thing I've seen outside of Mortal Kombat! If he can play and win with it, you have no excuse. If it was your only controller, just post before you go to smash gatherings that you'll be needing an extra controller. I'd imagine that most people have at least one extra. Besides, how badly can a cat damage a controller? As for your Wii, at its very loudest it's still quieter than a 360. I've dropped mine several times and sometimes it doesn't start but so long as it can still run games it's fine.

Matt07, are you in Ottawa?

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I'll make it out either Thurs or Fri this week.

Harold if you're free earlier in the week we should smash at my house or somewhere.

Man, played Rockband 2 at my Cousin's house yesterday, I was blown away, drums and singing are amaaazing.

It was also really fun to rock their worlds in Brawl, I became 'that guy' from the no punctuation review hahaha. Interestingly enough, even casual players-my cousins, don't like the randomness that the items bring, and turn them off.

RANDY SEND ME YOUR CELL # YOU MOFO :)

PND

Smash Champion
My controllers and Wii have survived a 7 year old ADHD brother. I think yours can survive a cat. :rolleyes:

Also: I'm picking up the Rock Band 2 bundle on Thursday before I come over ( i have a preorder) I'll probably have my 360 with me, so rock band after? (or during? :p) Also: I can bring Soul Calibur 4, if anyone wants to test their might against me.

arsenic41

Smash Ace
I'll make it out either Thurs or Fri this week.

Harold if you're free earlier in the week we should smash at my house or somewhere.

Man, played Rockband 2 at my Cousin's house yesterday, I was blown away, drums and singing are amaaazing.

It was also really fun to rock their worlds in Brawl, I became 'that guy' from the no punctuation review hahaha. Interestingly enough, even casual players-my cousins, don't like the randomness that the items bring, and turn them off.

RANDY SEND ME YOUR CELL # YOU MOFO :)
Sorry for the late response, mine is 262-8846

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh, and also, anyone got a Saturn? I've got a bunch of Saturn games (like Virtua fighter 2, Fighters Megamix, and X-Men COTA) , but the guy who was supposed to send me a Saturn bailed after I bought it, and now I've currently got no system to play 'em on.

PND

Smash Champion
I'll have to talk to EB, 'cuz Rasheet definitely says it's the 16th. Delay, perchance?

To anyone who is confused by how Riley addressed me, Bosak is my last name.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
News Update: Controller works and feels perfect ^.^ I was beating the crap out of a Level 9 Training Samus. Pseudo 0-deaths with combos to the edge, a cape to prevent tether, then a dousing to give her that extra shove away from the ledge.

Also. My cousin and I downloaded and beat Castle Crashers all in a night/afternoon \o/ Onto collecting everything, heh. It feels so satisfying to go up to a late-game chunky enemy and fry them for 5 seconds with a single magic attack.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well, I remember playing against a level 9 cpu Samus that telegraphed EVERYTHING, but I didn't play against it enough to find out if that was a common thing, and it obviously doesn't reflect what actual people do. Just uh...saying cpu Samus isn't the hardest to beat in the game I don't think.

flash7

Smash Journeyman
CPUs in general are pretty bad to play, they can put you into some bad habits. They say you should play a lower level cpu like 3 and just work on spacing and such.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh, really? Well, I just figured that y'know, going against a harder level cpu would be most beneficial when practicing without anyone around to practice with. But I think I can sorta see where you're coming from.

PND

Smash Champion
Nah, CPUs are terrible. I have a replay somewhere on my Wii where I aerial laser locked a CPU Lucas. That shouldn't be possible. I'll warm up with level 8s, but I have to remain focused on my habits while doing it.

Top Bottom