• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Otronicon...that's right you remember this...Jan 16-20 Orlando FL LOL

Frames

DI
welp that time of year again

Orlando science center thinks they can do tournaments for smash of course 5 years of this crap and you think they would've given up by now

but look who's hosting...gigabits *gasp this might actually not be terrible

most of us are gonna be at to4 this weekend anyway but if brawlers in cfl are bored they should get free money at this

idk if they'll do halo 3 on the big screen like they did last year but if they do then yay

Play for gaming glory. And, oh yeah, lots of prizes.
This year’s highlight – Central Florida’s biggest Super Smash Brothers Festival. Hosted by Gigibits, this competition will run all day on Saturday and feature four different competitions. Or throwdown on the stage of the Rock Band Concert Hall. All venues provide audiences an excellent view of the action.
Old-school gamers can test their skills in the Pac Man and Donkey Kong competitions in the Classic Arcade Lounge. Or join the newest craze in our Wii Fit competition.

Featured Competition Schedule
Download the official Competition Schedule & Prize List

Date

Time
Event

7:00 pm
Pac Man
Classic Arcade Lounge

8:00 pm
Guitar Hero Jam Fest
Rock Band Concert HallSaturday, Jan. 17

10:00 am
Super Smash Bros Festival
Wii Smash Competition Arena

1:00 pm
Super Smash Bros FestivalWii Smash Competition Arena

5:00 pm
Super Smash Bros FestivalWii Smash Competition Arena

Donkey Kong
Classic Arcade Lounge

Super Smash Bros FestivalWii Smash Competition ArenaSunday, Jan. 18

Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe
XBox Rocks Stage

Rock Band Jam Fest
Rock Band Concert HallMonday, Jan. 19

Stunt Racer
Simulation Universe
Tuesday, Jan. 20

Wii FitWii Smash Competition Arena

Daily Impromptu Competitions
Otronicon also features smaller-scale competitions happening throughout the day as the games heat up. Drop by these areas throughout all five days and get in on the action!

• Wii Smash Competition Arena
  • XBox Rocks Stage
  • Playstation Nation
  • PC Gaming Dungeon
  • Classic Arcade Lounge

Pre-register for a Competition
Pre-registration for the competitions is $5.00 by credit card only. You must be 18 years or older, or have a notarized parental consent form faxed to The Orlando Science Center at 407.514.2067. Call 407.514.2166 to register.

Attention Parents: Competitions are for 13 years of age and up. If you're under 18, you must have a notarized parental consent form.

• Download "T" Teen Game Play consent form - .pdf / .doc
  • Download "M" Mature Game consent form - .pdf / .doc

Check Out the Ultimate Rock Band Drum Kit modded by our Exhibits Developer for use during Otronicon V.4. This full size drum kit will be featured in the Rock Band Concert Hall for Free Play and Competition!

weeee have fun

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I dont understand the schedule. Are there 3 different rounds one day then the final round is the next day or something?

Also Frames you should start a thread to see who else wants to go to Destiny Nightclub. :)

Frames

DI
ok otronicon is the most jacked up series of tournaments in cfl history next to xtreme play

they use wack rules but the prizes are pretty good and you get to play on the big screens sometimes

every year smashers willingly go and get robbed the "fun" part is that the best players usually never win last year it was melee and colbol got out 2nd round to some noob

still though it is good for some laughs and i went last year so people can go this year or laugh at it

the only reason i would even suggest people go is because gigs is hosting so maybe they will use good rules

Gindler

Smash Champion
I'll probably have to go since my friend has paintings there or something, so might as well enter some tournies while I'm there. Hopefully find a doubles partner too since singles are moderately boring.

nevershootme

Smash Master
i'll give ya a brief experience on playing smash at a con gone bad... and one good :-p

July: Metrocon in Tampa, same weekend as FAST1. tournament ended up having gay *** rules, one was singles with smash balls on.. then one without smashballs, and then also during the 1st 2 rounds, was free for all with only 1 person advancing and winner take all (I pwned myself by mortar slide into self detonate c4, knowing that i was gonna own the tournament anyways wanting to beat this ***got *** idiot samus player manages to camp by shooting people with charged shots). the next day sunday, it was singles with 3 stocks and final d only, but single elimination (I pwned but had to return to miami). oh yea, the dude organizing it on saturday was a queerbo (screaming at people, you better not change that **** or else i reset the game, even changed the song selection...)

now here's a good one

August: Yasumicon at FIU (the following week after was my tournament), I magically ended up being in charge of the thing on such short notice and threw a normal singles tournament (double elimination). although it was like winner take all sort of deal, at least 2nd and 3rd get something... even had a few good players stopping by (mostly FIU people and NoJ who was still in Miami during the time). the pot issue was far beyond my control since they **** it hard cuz it's a con

the lesson is, if you see bad rules being enforced, stand up for your rights and change that **** fast! Because really, if you're gonna make a tournament, make it fair

But seeing that gigs will be running the event (otronicon), they will run a fair tournament. the prize issue is far beyond their control.

nevershootme

Smash Master
lol otronicon has always played dirty with the rules but ya hopefully gigs will make it good
that one time at FIU there was a free tournament runned by random people who post on destructoid.com. $200 prize btw. which was single elimination and the dude who was running it (part of the anime club over there), was adding people as the tournament was going and changing people's places in the bracket over and over. and did a coin flip during finals to decide who will be the round robin winner to try to take top 3, luckily it was foiled by FIU players where we nailed $66 each (me, chaz, and danny), only to be wasted on Dennys without explaination...

everywhere you go has dirty rules, man i can tell stories nonstop about crappy dirty rules and still managed to take the spot

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
frames is lying.

this is all items

5 stock 1 match single elimination

MK and Snake are banned

You have you play samus

Frames

DI
uh i always said the rules were bad

im not lyin tho it really is brawl+melee doubles and singles

last year the winner got 100 bucks worth of prizes so somebody is gonna get over 400 this year

JBDawg

Smash Rookie
So, I'm new to this area. Is this tournament actually gonna be not ****ty aka worth going to? Cause if they're gonna use items and such, I'd rather not waste my time...

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
75m is a doubles-only counter pick

if you go there, you can only play as DK or Mario or Peach

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'd go for melee, but bleh. I'd like for Nevershootme to tell me the bad experiences from unfair tournies, though. Smash with smashballs suck. >_>

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
not only does otronicon have smashballs, it's got plenty of assballs too!

and meta knight can summon lighting bolts from the sky.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
not only does otronicon have smashballs, it's got plenty of assballs too!

and meta knight can summon lighting bolts from the sky.
omg thats scary. D: assballs are not good.

Top Bottom