• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Otakon Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vist

Smash Champion
ss4ricky is a effin legend in ffas, namely the otakon ones

Anyway otakon does bring in some good smashers, but not everyone actually enters the tournaments. I know some people don't really care to enter but it's also pretty hard to get a ticket into one. Last year the tournaments had first 64/128 players in line as the entrants but the other years it was a random lottery.

Last year I tried to enter the 1v1s and I was the 65th person in line so I was the first to miss out lol. Maybe I should've tried bribing for tickets repeatedly even after getting eliminated once like Yuna did LMFAO.

Shinku

Smash Champion
wow Vist, i didint realize anime smash was such gayness. meaning they only accept like 64 people and you were 65 and you missed out. lmao. thats sucks dude.

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
Yeah, i was there also, i was the FIRST to get a ticket because i refused to miss out. i waited in line an hour early and as soon as they called out for the tourny the line was full in about 15 seconds.
i dident join the FFA, i think FFA tournys are pointless, but i did manage to pull 3rd in singles (i lost to Yuna on Y-story ~.~) its also kinda hard to play on 64" gigantor lag screens. all in all it was pretty fun.

hopefully someone will have a few setups in there room and perhaps we can sandbag our way into some M$M.

Shinku

Smash Champion
This yuna person sounds good. i havent seen or met that person, it sounds intresting. but yeah thats a good idea, do some m$m's, i know my room is probly gonna have a set up. (hopefully)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Anime tournies are teh gayness. People should post what hotel they are gonna stay at and what room. Smashfests all day when we are bored. Or have our own high level play tournies.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
I'm going, I went to the last Katsucon and lost to Shinku and Korn (got fourth?) in a round robin of sorts. IF I'm even able to enter the SSBM tournament at Otakon, I want to bust ***.

If anyone's doing something in their hotel room post up. =D

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'll be there :DDD I'll most likely be at the artist alley all day and night seeing how I have a table to sell my art. But when I have some free time I'd like to go own some ppl in the gameroom.

Repryx

Smash Champion
It sucks being young If I go could anyone offer a ride? I live in silver spring

~rh

Smash Lord
What day of Otakon?

Cause I got some matches with some SF buddies on Gaia at Otakon on Saturday, I don't want this to interfere or rush meh. :(

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
lol.. i had been otakon , a-usa , katsucon many years :3
3 best smashers there are always SS4Ricky, Shinku and me
i played w/ ricky all the time there..

if ricky not going i win tournament (like a-usa 04), if he there i get second or third

=]

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
**** i've been playin with vist lately so you all better watch out...

****, I've been playing with..... OH WAIT. I'm Redd!!!!!!!!!!! =P

Anyway if I go, I WILL WIN. Also, I'll take MMs at pokemon Diamond/Pearl, just ask EEvisu! (5 stock son!)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I was thinking about attending otakon, but i dunno like I guess I still have time to decide but im probly not. Yuna and Inui got 1st and 2nd and had like some 60 game streak in team friendlies because everyone else there f**kin blowed. I spent an half hour trying to find a team mate but wtf everyone there sucked or either left. I believe SS4ricky, Rei, PC, Wes and lil were there but im not sure if they entered.

I dont goto anime conventions to play smash but to buy overly expensive items and look at/ take pics/stalk the cosplay girls @_@

Im still thinking bout going and if I go I'll probly enter for kicks because i actually know pplz now.(super newb a year ago)

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
****, i should've entered an AMV in the convention. Ya'll look out for Koopiskeva's vid called "Skittles" . It will win, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya btw.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, I was the guy who beat ss4ricky last year with yoshi. ^^; come to think of that otakon tourny was what made me get so into competive smash and stuff. :p I might be going to otakon again who knows.

From what i remember the tv's all lagged, so any type of competitive smash should be done in hotel rooms like emblem said.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I think I'll be coming to this if I have a ride that is.

Smash torny would be fun but picking up hot asian girls w/ low self-esteem is my goal!

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Remember EEharmony; fifty bucks for the three days. You're gonna wanna pre-register online as well. You can buy passes at the door, but you don't wanna do that. Me and my sister tried that last year and the line went around the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom