• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSU Smash Fest III {NOW WITH MORE MAPS!}

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
Hey Everyone!

This time around, registration is kicking off early! Anyone who was here for OSU I and OSU II should definitely make it the third time around. Hopefully, the third round will bring some new people!

Almost everything is TBA. I have to get everything cleared with Oregon State and OSU Gaming, and that doesn't happen until I get back to school September 14th and later.

Here is what I do know:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIME:
November 3rd, 11AM to 8PM

Friendlies and Registration - 11AM - 1PM
Team Tournament - 1PM - 3PM
Singles Tournament - 3PM to finish

REMAINING TIME - Crews and friendlies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENTRANCE FEE:
5$ for singles
5$ per team

10% will be taken to benefit OSU gaming.

of the remaining prize money, it will be split the same way as OSU II. I believe that was:
60/30/10
with repaid entrance fees to 4th and 5th.

WHAT WE'RE UP TO:
There will be a Double Elimination Team Tournament first, followed by a Double Elimination Singles Tournament.

PLACE:
For those of you who went to OSU Smash Fest II, its in the same area, I got the bigger room reserved though. I will post a link to the map later.

http://oregonstate.edu/cw_tools/campusmap/?centerX=2800&centerY=1450&pBN=&BN=West+Dining+Hall&Z=4

http://oregonstate.edu/cw_tools/campusmap/?pBN=West+Dining+Hall&BN=West+Dining+Hall&Z=1

On the big map, the new room is just above the "W".

Try not to get lost, I'm bad at directions over the phone ><...

SETUPS:
This time around it'll be bigger, better... and I need more stuff. If anyone cares to tentatively sign up for setup crew, that'd be awesome. this is a ONE DAY event, so you'd be coming early.

RULES:
The Tournament will be Double Elimination, each match is best two of three. The set random stages are as follows:

Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams (not allowed in the team tournament, due to lag)
Kirby's Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination

Counter-pick stages are as follows:

Corneria
Kongo Jungle
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Brinstar
Mute City
Poke Floats
Kongo Jungle 64

SINGLES:
Round 1: -Both players pick characters at the same time
-the stage is either agreed upon or RANDOM is chosen
Round 2: -Loser of Round 1 picks stage
-Winner of Round 1 pick character
-Loser of Round 1 picks character and starts the match
Round 3: -Loser of Round 2 picks stage
-Winner of Round 2 picks character
-Loser of Round 2 picks character and starts the match

For the final round, the person who won in the loser's bracket must beat the winner of the winner's bracket in TWO matches. That is, playing a two of three match and winning TWICE.

TEAM TOURNAMENT:
-The round structure of the Singles Tournament applies here.
-Fountain of Dreams and Mute City must be turned off of the random selection list, due to lag.
-Pause is turned OFF
-Taking teammates lives is LEGAL

GENERAL RULES:
-Stalling techniques are NOT allowed
-Character freezing glitches are NOT allowed
-Modded controllers are NOT allowed

-Anyone caught doing these things will forfeit the tournament (if you are in the winners bracket, you will forfeit TWICE, you have been warned).

WHO IS GOING?
This time around, i WILL NOT close the registration. BUT, likelihood is, the venue will not be friendly to more than 64 people. SO, if registration spills over, the first 64 there are in. Thats how I'm doing it, this part is not subject to change (unless the venue gets huge).

Remember, if you are bringing more than yourself, NAME the person that's coming with. the whole (+person) thing was annoying last time.

1. Kenpachi
2. Balloon
3. Ronin686
4. Shin
5. Om3n5150
6. T0MMY
7. T!MMY
8. Damedesu
9. Cmin
10. Rage (Pending)
11. Jankeriffic (pending work schedule)
12. DMStudios
13. MCS
14. FoosJr
15. Ryan (Pending)
16. Peach Masta (Pending)
17. OC George (Pending)
18. VenusGospel (Pending ride)
19. Binx (Pending)
20. TrueJamo
21. Sean Hanson
22. Jimmy Ihander
23. Chris Parrish
24. Alex Johnson

Advantage to getting this up so early?

We can all discuss what people want to see here. i know last time there was discussion on the price, so now there is more time to debate that.

Also, earlier registration gives me an idea of what kind of venue i need. It may quickly become apparent I need something bigger than OSU II's venue.

So, the earlier the better!

Remember everyone, NO JOHNS!

ALSO...

For any other info, here's my phone:

503-475-3125

~Kenpachi

Balloon

Smash Lord
I will almost definitely be there. I'll be living in the dorms at U of O. Count me in.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Smash Journeyman
so sometime
TIME:
about week 5 for the term. thats the week of October 22nd.
is this on a saturday a sunday a friday?
in order for me to ask for the day(s) off, I need to know.

I'm not confirmed, work is #1 priority (*******s need to give me hours)
Just give me the date as soon as possible, the exact time and date, and i'll talk to some people...

I'd love to make it.
And if I do, Andy better show up, Bart. o_O

0m3n5150

Smash Journeyman
if its just 5$ per person in singles, im totally in. and depending on how early, =P i might be able to help set up.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Smash Journeyman
well fack, wtf Andy, L2-car

wil there be FREE FOOD PROVIDED BY OC-GEEEOOOORGE-UH!!??

Cus that was so cool. We bought like, a crate of cherry's and ate them. so cool.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I know t1mmy and I will be there. I don't know who we'll be bringing with us, so he'll probably post later and say who's going.
Also, we'll try to bring at least one setup.
A good rule is one setup per two people... that doesn't always happen, but it's a good goal.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Smash Journeyman
Pssst, T0mmy, I need one of those trashcans back.
lets go swimming tomorrow, and i'll pick it up, along with you n stuff.

Damedesu

Smash Rookie
I will be there. I will probably be setting up for it too. So yeah, not driving all over campus with a billion TVs if I'm not going to this thing xD. Oh, and Kenpachi, I am laying claim to your Sheik for the team tournament. Unless, of course, you can get Fates to do it with you, 'cause I would hate to stand in the way of the Sheikachu's mighty return :D.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You should just have it the weekend of Halloween and we can eat lots of candy and play smash.

cmin

Smash Ace
might as well put MCS down cuz you know he is going since he lives there. lol

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Is the day still October 22nd for this event? That's a Monday, or does that mean that weekend?

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I'll see if I can make it. The only thing i'll need is a ride which is where rage comes in lol. But yea i'll probably end up going to this event even if that means I have to get a pair of roller blades and skate there.

T0MMY

Smash Master
The time is comin' up soon. Determine a date so people who work can take that day off or else nobody will show up except Foos because he's the only one willing to skate there. :^O

Riot6777

Smash Ace
I would go but I have to work 6 days a week and the days I do have off I am full time boyfriend for my girlfriend. <3 ^.^

Foos is a trooper if he wants to skate there.....

Also if MCS and Jesse are going to be there here is your final barcket stats
1st.MCS
2nd.Jesse
3rd.Dman/Cmin

If I went top 5 lol

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
I can't get a date until i go back to school. and then there is still issues with the venue, i need to get a place big enough. For the OSU people on the boards, I'm looking into the McAlexander Fieldhouse. Which, so I've heard, is free to rent. OSU Gaming would cover tables and some of the setups. When the days get closer, if people on the boards start chipping in setups, we'll have a very gigantic tournament on our hands.

All in due time everyone.

Also, I thank all that is holy that my last day of work is tomorrow ><...

~Kenpachi

Riot6777

Smash Ace
That's right put masta of peach down muhahahahahah!

And if there is a good date on when this will happen I might be able to request it off not a high chance more like 35%

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Update the list. :(
OC George, MCS, and now Peach Masta, to name a few.

And I'm pretty sure the brackets would go like this:
1. Fox
2. Falco
3. Marth
4. Sheik
5. Peach
5. Falcon

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
ill most likely be able to drive people down to this, just depends on when this is and whether or not a pass my license test haha

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
I would totally be up for going to this, If I can get a ride from someone xD, perhaps cmin could let me tag along with him? That'd be awesome and it'd give me more tournament practice.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
haha Jayce Ryan and I would be more than glad to hit up a ride from you haha and I will make sure you pass your liscence test don't you worry about that, don't you worry about that

cmin

Smash Ace
dude venus, im going to be going to school down at OSU so like... im probably not gonna drive all the way to porltand, then all the way back, then drop you guys off again... and then come back. thats alot of gas dollars!

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
oh don't worry about it if that's the case, I forgot you were going to be attending school down there, so there's no reason to pick me up, if i can't go then oh wells, it's not a big deal

T0MMY

Smash Master
bracket prediction

You guys are way off. This is how it always is:

-Tudios will be taken out by someone from Eugene or decide to play a random low-tier and get gimped, but most likely both.
-I will sandbag until I have to face t!mmy then SD my last two stock on purpose so there's no arguing who will advance.
-t!mmy will SD 4 times against Rage
-Minh might pull off a win aganist Mystery Chris, or come close to winning.
-Chris/Bart will face each other early and send the other to losers bracket where he will go through to winners bracket finals.
-Juce will be eliminated by some noob because he hasn't played in forever.
-Rage will somehow win.

1)Rage
2)Dirt
3)MCS
4)Minh
5)t!mmy
6)t0mmy
7)Tudios
8)Ronin
9)H8ST
10)PC Chris
11)Mew2king

T0MMY

Smash Master
I don't know...
It's a toss-up, maybe Mew2king will take out PC? Probably putting in practice against him since OC3.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Another OSU event yay...... I thought MCS stopped playing? Is OC Gorge going? Is there going to be a ring of ******* fighting for our amusement? Will the rabbit ever get the trix? Will Timmy and Tommy ever find the treasure of (insert old creepy place here)

?????

T0MMY

Smash Master
If OC George goes we might as well just give him our entrance fees, because he'll win everything.
Mystery Chris was at Dodu, so, unless he quit playing after that event, I'd say he's still active. I'm expecting to see him there.

(the treasure was an old shoe in a locked trunk)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
And the old, creepy place was Jesse's downstairs closet - a.k.a. The Door of Disappointment.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
so... i still want to go to this, but i need a date soon in order to get it off for work. i can most likely drive to this, 3 people will probably be binx, peach masta and ryan. venus gospel, i could probably pick you up on the way. the only thing is, i want to spend a few days down there, so if tournament is saturday, i want to be there fri-sun.

Top Bottom