• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSU Smash Fest III {NOW WITH MORE MAPS!}

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Smash Journeyman
tourny2guud

Celestial Princessessesszzzz'z'z Z!!...s ....?
Always fun seeing you guys at a tournament, i'm glad min drove you, who gets mad props for being a nice guy. Gas monies for drivers people! Always toss a 5 their way! (or more however long the drive is) Why do you guys have cooler hair than me... stupid job and short haircuts only /shakes fist. Yea we had some good match'z's and you took my winzies!! BAAH! luls
Mints are too good, i'll never have one again though, don't tempt me!

Bart, you think your so smart! Making up that stupid word....flawjic?...lull
My favorite fourstocking friend.3

MCS Mysterious Crazy Soccerplayer?...perhapse? Mysterious Chemistry S....sack? omg I duno. Glad I finally got to play you and 'learn' something. We'll get some more matches later I guess, when BRAWL comes out ooOOOOOOOooo metaknight pwnage!!!
/sheds tear for ganny.

Hope to see you at another tourny before brawl comes out though. peace.

Sam. MAH NAME IS SAM!!!

Tudios. your pika sux lolololololol

t!mmy n t0mmy - sorry I play such a broken character, though, its still not good enough to get me atleast 2nd. /cry
That apple you gave me today was too sweet, AND WHY DOES YOUR COMPUTER NOT GET INTERNET !!!! /pulls hair out

Team Kirby nexttime we come over.

Yoshi player- forgot you name (I knew I would) but I did have a great match with you, i'm glad to see a legit yoshi player. fought against some stuff i've never really fought against. Good battles.

Kenpachi, always like your tournies, they seem very professional, course, oc needed to be there for the free foods. we had no box o cherries for our ride home -_- ver ver sad. Maybe its your voice, you have a great announcer type voice. you could probably get paid for that!

Jesse, don't spraign your ancle, omg did I spell that right? You and your friend are fun to see now at tournies, I forgot your friends name, but I like seeing him play, he's good, he will soon be VERY good.

OC-George- OMG WHERES MY FREE FOOD DANGET!!?!?!
/smashes a pineapple

@_@;'

Everyone quit WoW like me, Brawl comes out tomorrow!!

thanks for the great times, remember to keep it positive in the tournament setting. Or else you get hugz from Shin.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
OMG, now we have to call ~Shin_Ganondorf~ just plain "Shin"! How are we going to adapt?!

And... won't you have to change your avatar - and sig - when Brawl comes out? (Tomorrow)?

Pre-Edit: Shin has the best shout outs.

Binx

Smash Master
EPIC SHOUT OUTS TO MCS, BART, JESSIE, and MINH for having some amazing matches for me to watch, all of you guys are so fluid and good it isn't even funny.

Cmin - What is your smash name going to be after school?

MCS - Jesus (I know I don't have to call you that, I choose to.)

Jayce - **** man you got way way better

Jessie - Your too good man, ****ing rapsies

Timmy - Didn't get to play you singles this time :(

Tommy - intense MM, nice friendlies.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
If he had been from South Eugene, he would have been called semin. :o :o :o
(if he had a crew from south eugene they would have been semen???)

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
And... won't you have to change your avatar - and sig - when Brawl comes out? (Tomorrow)?
Change my sig, yes, i'll have to do that, but what I don't get is why I can't have a sig picture, it actually says i'm not allowed to.. do I need to..post...or something? o_o

But as for the avatar... what? This is what Metaknight looks like without his mask. I giant angry skull with glowing eyes.

/grins

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ha ha. I thought you played Kirby games. Meta Knight is just a blue Kirby with yellow eyes.

cmin

Smash Ace
wow sam i just finally noticed what your avatar was .... it was moneys lol. i never really looked it was just white stuff like cmin

cmin

Smash Ace
so i was trying to hype myself up for dota while i was studying, you know listening to basshunter and what not. it just didnt work. wow > dota. sryz

Balloon

Smash Lord
shoutouts:

MCS - Unlike the past couple tournaments, I'm going to be working on my Falcon. You're the one smasher who has given me a goal to really improve my game, and I'm seriously stepping it up now. Props to you, and thanks for being such a cool guy about friendlies. Also, good job in teams. It was funny to just stand back and let you go at both at the same time xD!

Jesse - Good tourney matches man. Glad it came down to us. Been a while since we played in tourney. 'Grats on second.

Minh - I'm so proud of you minhy minh minh! You've gotten so good!

Lucius - Breakout smasher with potential. You are a cool guy. Glad I can be such an inspiration to your playing. Don't drink so much next time you ****ing loud *******.

t!mmy - w2g on fifth. Sorry we didn't really friendly, but I for sure want to get friendlies with you more often from now on.

Peach Masta - You've improved. Keep going with your **** man. Sorry it took forever to get a friendly with me; I wanted to play a ton with MCS. Yeah, I'm selfish.
Also, I think I know how to make players better, and it seems like nobody really gives advice. When I know that people look up to me in smash, I feel obligated to give advice. So, whenever we play I'm going to give you advice. You've got very obvious patterns to your game that need fixing. I'll help you more next time.

Other Celestial Princess - Sorry you couldn't enter :(.

Binx - Hey man, sorry we didn't friendly. I know you wanted to do some, so next time we will for sure. :)

Shin - <3 You did well against MCS.

Tudios - Hope your combo video comes out nicely. Maybe I'll be in it :).

Kenpachi - You're awesome for hosting the tournament. Cool guy, too, and you weren't too bad at smash either xD!

Eggz - woops

Tommy - I've got an idea. Why don't you show some respect for players and try against them? It's ridiculously rude of you to sandbag every single player and then john about it in the middle of a match. For instance, when you were playing against Lucius, after you did some sort of simple combo with Fox I heard you say "That's what happens when I try." I then imagined you slowly moving your hair back from your eye so as to be as dramatic as possible about it. Serious question: Do you want Oregon to improve? If you're as good as you constantly say you are, then you should be helping to improve all of us rather than creating a false reputation for yourself across SWF. If you have "hidden potential" (and I don't know where you got the idea that you do... maybe DBZ or something dumb?) then bring it out and show us what you're capable of for ****'s sake. It's annoying to me that you don't even mention Oregon's best players in an interview. It's sad to think that Oregon's good players are completely unknown and we are therefore kept off the map.

anyone I missed - Sorry I'm missing you. Show up to more tourneys.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Serious question: Do you want Oregon to improve? It's annoying to me that you don't even mention Oregon's best players in an interview.
Sometimes I think all this online hate is you just trying to motivate me into actually trying harder. It's making me care less. And then I wonder if it's just because of some kind of jealousy issue, because you really do try too hard with a video game that doesn't matter much.

Sorry I didn't mention the best player in Oregon in that interview, then again you have your power rankings and trolling to make up for it. The reason I mentioned the people who never get mentioned is to motivate them into playing more.

I seriously went to OSU III with the intent on trying. I've said this before, I freeze up in tournies, I get cold, I shiver, I can't pay attention to the game; in addition to this, I plain suck at this game because I don't have time to practice. The harder I try in a tournament the worse I do, so I calm myself down by not trying or I'll just forfeit the match. I hate the idea of competitive games because I see people flaming, trolling, bad-mouthing, throwing tantrums and controllers when they lose, not paying out on MM's, and things have even broken out into physical attacks. I love the people, I love community as a whole, and it really is the best video game ever made, but I really have no interest in competition. I've tried to try, and it really doesn't work, and you badmouthing me just makes it worse. I'm not some kind of glory-hog, I only ever posted two videos: Chain Lightning, and a match that was recorded at OC3 by someone else on their website that someone gave me the file to put up on Youtube. I really can't tell if you're trying to be helpful or hurtful, either way it's just making people confused as to why you're so angry and me not care even more, and that seems to bother you, so it's counterproductive. I sandbag you and James because I really can't enjoy playing a game with someone who takes it so seriously. Take some Digital Watches advice, calm down--enjoy playing the game for once and don't get worked up over what other people do. If anything, it means an easy win against me in a tournament, everyone else seems to like that. :psycho:

Balloon

Smash Lord
You've gotta be joking.

You call this a video game that doesn't matter much, but let me ask you: what DOES matter? This game means a lot to me, yeah, because it is, in my opinion, a form of expression through competition. As with any sport, it requires a lot of thinking and practice and such. The game itself is a philosophy as Russell and I talked about for quite some time. If you really don't care about this game, then you wouldn't ever play it, let alone travel 14 hours for tournaments or to play the next version of it.

I don't understand why you need time to practice now when you had plenty of time before. I'm assuming this whole job thing is a very recent undertaking of yours, and I think I have good reason to assume so.

Here's the thing: you don't just sandbag me and James. You sandbag everybody and then if you win you brag about it. You make our players feel like ****. After eliminating you, I felt like a complete waste of a person. That's the reason I worry about what other people do; it affects everybody else. And besides that, you say you hate competition BECAUSE of other people. That's a complete contradiction. Quit worrying about other people that throw their controllers and are unsportsmanlike and take the higher road and BE sportsmanlike. If I were to take the attitude that you take then I'd hate competition as well because of you (and in fact as I already said, you made me feel like **** when I played you). Clearly it would be a very good thing for you to take up smash as more than just a game and as a philosophy: recognize your bad habits and fix them.

I keep thinking that the "The harder I try in tournament the worse I do" thing is actually you just afraid of trying and losing. You'll deny it, but I don't doubt it in the least.

Also, I want to note that I don't hate you. I don't hate anybody.

Oh also, how could this possibly be a jealousy issue? That makes absolutely no sense. Why would I be jealous of you for anything?

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
speaking of sportsmanship remember when mario kid lost to timmy, spazzed out and muttered something about poker? i giggled a bit.

Jem.

Smash Master
Good job on winning Bart.
Did MCS lose in singles, or did he not enter? Cause him not getting second atleast is sort of suprising.

MSC / all you guys, go to Finger Bang. I like teams now, and Shane and I are teaming again XD. Going to ask my brother if we can go to Finger Bang today, and if says yes (I think he will) Shane, himself, and I would be coming, and maybe Emo$.

P.S: I hate when people play Warcraft 3 just for DOTA >_> It's not even that fun. Customs aren't fun. Ladder is where it at boy. I remember this one time I almost made the top 16 back in Warcraft 3's prime before WoW came out, but I barely didnt make it, had a 5-2 solo tournament record.

cmin

Smash Ace
Shoutouts for this great tourney

Kenpachi - Eric you have definnately improved since that SFE i played you. IMO Osu tournies are the best ones. the venue is nice, comfortable, and food is all around. Great job on picking the spot and i cant wait for OSU4 since you said its gonna be in arnold!

Binx - Very close matches in our tournament. that was like the first time i really played you in a tourney. I think you kind of just phased out after i caught up when you were ahead in that marth ditto and that caused your game to play worse in the next match. I still think you should have just played IC's against me since you give me the most trouble with them anyways believe it or not. i have to think way way more when i play IC's because if i made a mistake it will cost me. good job either way

Bart - Nice match in the tournament. that was a huge mental game going on there and you played really welll. grats on 3rd

Eggz - You sing like an angel

Gage - Wow what can i say, your jiggs came out of nowhere and suprised me. I thought i was going to have an easy win against you but instead i was shaking the whole match when i realized you were keeping up with my marth with a jiggs. Nice job and yeah i think your jiggs is better than your Peach because you actually do more than just downsmash with jiggs.

Jank Jayce - Good ****, work on your game a little more i can see you are already improving. i'll see you this weekend lets go to binx's and get jesse too if he can get a ride.

MCS- grats on taking first. great as always

Jesse - Good job on 2nd. too bad i dint play you, never played you in a real match before

Lucious - You are really good, i wanna play with you more. our money match was too close i wanna do another one lol. fun talking to you in the car ride. you should get on SWF or something

Shin - why do i only play you like once everytime i see you. next time im gonna sit down and get in like 28 minutes of friendlies with you.

timmy - good matches gratz on 5th

Tudios - we'll play next time. nice video though i saw the trailer haha.

Joshissam - imo your marth is better than your doc. i'll give you more vs falco practice next time we play. and i know some tricksies with marth against falco. if you throw him up you can grab him again before he falls down to the ground.

oc george - quoting MCS... "mcfly.. no johns"

Everyone else i missed - obviously your not important enough to be on my shoutout list so you stay unknown. unless you are cool and i did just forget you, good thing there is an edit button

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
Ack! Heated debate... to throw in my two cents, sandbagging can also give confidence where it doesn't really belong. Like at OSU II, Dame Desu and I won teams against the super smash twins, who went on to talk about sandbagging the entire tournament (especially teams). Not knowing that fact, my team was ecstatic for winning that one and let down when that post was written later.

to me, sandbagging is kind of impolite in a tournament setting. For fun, its not too bad cause its just for fun, but a tournament is based of the premise of some competition (though the levels you can take it at can vary). This is not to say, however, that the methods to calm yourself down are insulting. I do the same thing. I do better at tournaments that I run as opposed to the ones i just attend because I don't have time to panic. All in all though, it just seems disrespectful to hold back in a tournament setting. It gives the impression of "your not worth my time to try". And can lead to a misleading victory on your opponents part. If i were to get amazing at the game, I would be very disappointed if I beat MCS and he just said "oh, i wasn't trying". It would ruin the result of my hard work... i hope that kinda gets the point across.

Generally, thats why I never sandbag... though that makes it so some of my friends here at OSU never like playing me anymore... i need to play better people on a regular basis.

-------------------------------

On a less serious note.

Smash Fest IV, for those who are interested, looks best to be placed during the first weekend of March. Thats Post-Brawl, and Post-Midterms. Good on both accounts. It'll be two days long in a venue 2.5 times bigger than Smash Fest III. I want advertisement to be wider for this one too, its going to be my biggest event of the year.

Also!

Thanks for the shoutouts. Any tweaks or suggestions for better tournaments are welcome. Suggestions for my playstyle is welcome too, heh. (i.e.... get a secondary? eh, brawl is so close!). I'm pretty happy with my smash development so I probably will stay where I am, skill wise, in melee. Mostly cause Thermodynamics and Fluid Dynamics own my soul now, heh.

Anyways, thats about all I've got,

Keep well all!

~Kenpachi

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Impossible. I have tried. Falco is a bird. He flies. Up throw just gives him the opportunity.

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice
Thats not why you keep losing, its be-CAUSE YOUR NAM IS SAM!!

Shin - why do i only play you like once everytime i see you. next time im gonna sit down and get in like 28 minutes of friendlies with you.
Bring it on!!! /flex /growl /diet-coke
@_@;'

Believe it or not guys, BART, TOMMY.... I read both of your arguments and I'd just like to say, the posts you guys had are an interesting type of flame (bromine? Green? Knee-sex?) Usually in flames I see a lot of hate, but it seems kinda like you guys have beef but aren't really bitterly fighting. I'm glad you guys arent becoming enemies I guess is what i'm saying. Work things out, you guys are friends, we are all friends in Oregon (stupid tudios, PIKA SUX LOLOLOLOLOLOL)
In a sense, its good to bring this on the boards to gather attention and get feedback on issues and find out what the popular thing to do is (yay for popularsies).
I duno, Another side of me thinks, get on the phone and figure each other out.

In the end. Sandbagging causes the other person to feel bad. Appologise, work out your problem, if you want to play the game you will play it again. If you don't like the game, but keep playing it, find out what you like or liked about the game, and do that. If going to tournies is hard, better preperation could be done, or, perhapse, finding a routine in a tournament setting for the hours you have to play that makes it more comfortable(Ie, breaks, snacks, talking-not-playing, footbag(jesse and shin for the win), even martial arts, a walk?.,
Mentally prepare and try hard to not sink into depressions helps me actually. I'm low on the power rankings, and I place low in tournaments, and its my own fault for scrubily playing a character that gets eaten by top tiers. Sometimes its not all smiles and happiness. Just gotta keep your head intact.

both of you freaks get hugs next time I see you as punishment for emo.

And Bart, your post made me turn on my TV and practice smash >_< Jerk! I was playing pokemanz!!

Balloon

Smash Lord
Shin, you mean the PR list I posted made you actually want to improve?

Amazing. It seems to already be working. Now if only the thread could remain open for editing and such.

:| Imagine that. I do something that makes Oregon want to improve, and Timmy and Tommy get the thread locked. Way to be counterproductive toward Oregon's improving.

Maybe they really don't want us to improve...

Balloon

Smash Lord
Today huh...

If Todd gives me a ride then I could a bit later.

nm, prolly shouldn't.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
That sucks that the thread for the PR is locked. It made me want to improve also. Seriously the first thing I said when I saw that was "Next tournament I am getting on the that power ranking" It shouldn't be locked just because bart and the others were ones to take a step out and actually get it set up. If they didn't do that then it would never have got done. Why can't we just keep this one EVERYONE agrees on it except tommy and maybe timmy.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Believe it or not guys, BART, TOMMY.... I read both of your arguments and I'd just like to say, the posts you guys had are an interesting type of flame (bromine? Green? Knee-sex?) Usually in flames I see a lot of hate, but it seems kinda like you guys have beef but aren't really bitterly fighting. I'm glad you guys arent becoming enemies I guess is what i'm saying. Work things out, you guys are friends, we are all friends in Oregon (stupid tudios, PIKA SUX LOLOLOLOLOLOL)
I'm sure when this all blows over things will stop being so dramatic.
But that will be when Bart stops trolling me :lick:

Top Bottom