• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OSU Smash Fest III {NOW WITH MORE MAPS!}

T0MMY

Smash Master
I think SF:E should just take the October slot so we can get things going already. OSU III can take the next month. Then Brawl comes out tomorrow.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind holding a November tournament. It'd probably be mid-november. anyways. there is alot of planning when you have to do this through the university... so please be patient with me. this will take time.

~Kenpachi

T0MMY

Smash Master
Bump this page when you've got a november confirmation.
I hope to see an SF:E topic with the information soon >:^o

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, it looks like we're going to go for the first weekend in November, so thats the 3rd. The location is pending, but its probably going to be the same place as OSU II. So, thats the update. For those of you looking for free food via George... I haven't seen him around yet! Hopefully he doesn't have johns.

Also, there are huge plans in for OSU IV. Its venue and time will likely be confirmed before OSU III actually happens. It will be the first 2-day OSU event too.

Anyways, I hope the people that need time off work have enough warning time now. thanks for your patience.

~Kenpachi

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Awesome, confirm me for sure. And wowz @ a two-day OSU event. Will it be Brawl related? :)

Edit:
Put this bad boy up on Tia. I can do it if you don't wanna, but you really should since you're the host.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
I know how to use Tio, the offline version, but I haven't really done anything with the online version before. I do my own tournament stuff. Its hard sometimes, but its good for everyone to have things well organized. Though i will admit... going to SF:E knowing i didn't have to do anything but play smash, was nice, heh.

Anyways, if you want to give me some tips on using it online or lead me to a guide... that would help alot!

~Kenpachi

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Tia is not an online version of Tio. The reason I offered to do it is because I love Tia. Go to nealpro.com and it will explain itself.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody!

Mark your calendars, the date and venue for Smash Fest III is confirmed! I am currently working on getting a map up for the on-campus directions. Please be sure to review (or bring) your own maps when getting to OSU. Some got lost last time, and I suck at phone directions. Speaking of which... Here is my number and other contacts. These will be good for you guys cause I have school to do so I come to the boards a bit less.

E-mail: DDR-Nefcy@comcast.net
Phone: 503-475-3125

These will be taken off after the tournament is over.

Anyways, the venue is in the same building as Smash Fest II's venue, but I got the larger conference room. Its the Northwest conference rooms in West Dining center. Not confusing at all, is it?

I also included a time break-down of what happens when. Also, I need setups. Those time frames will break without more than 10 setups (OSU II had 8 setups).

If you guys have any questions, shoot them now so things can be considered before the tournament.

Regards,

Kenpachi

TrueJamo

Smash Apprentice
confirm me atleast for this, which prolly means Eggz, emo$, and aftermath too, but just confirm me for now @.@ i'll update when i talk to more about it.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Wow, is WA coming to every OR event now? Makes us look bad never going up north and all. Except for James, of course.

T0MMY

Smash Master
November 3rd @ 11am?
Does that mean registration starts at 11a, friendlies until registration @ 11a, or we are actually playing in an event @ 11a?
And you said it's a two day event, but it says nov 3rd, not something like nov. 3rd & 4th or 2nd & 3rd or 3rd & 12th.

And tia is awesome.

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
I mentioned Smash Fest IV being two days long. Its already being planned now. 11AM is when friendlies and registration starts, 1PM is when the first tournament (teams) starts.

Hope that clears things up. And i will look into Tia, this is the part of the week where Thermodynamics homework and Fluid dynamics homework is due... so when thats all over with, I'll keep up with the OSU III work.

Thanks,

~Kenpachi

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys!

We've got a few more attending, AND, there are maps up now. No one get lost!

http://oregonstate.edu/cw_tools/campusmap/?centerX=2800&centerY=1450&pBN=&BN=West+Dining+Hall&Z=4

http://oregonstate.edu/cw_tools/campusmap/?pBN=West+Dining+Hall&BN=West+Dining+Hall&Z=1

If you were at Smash Fest II, its in the same building, in a bigger room. Further down the dining hall (past the deli where George gave free food) to the right. On the big map, its above where the W is.

And there still is a need for setups... setups anyone?

~Kenpachi

Balloon

Smash Lord
Um, I forgot to mention before but I will prooooobably need a ride to this xD

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
"Eugenemobile". Lol.
Sam, do you know if your brother is going?
Tudios, do you know if Shin is going?
I want to make sure everyone has a ride.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I call dibs on his seat so I can put my feet up.

Just kidding. We actually have more Eugene smashers now than seats. o_o

T0MMY

Smash Master
Shin said something about taking the days off as needed to go to this when he was at the Eugene Weekly.
But that doesn't mean he'll be getting the days off. But he really enjoyed the last one, so chances are he'll try to make it.
And, yeah, Eugene needs two cars in addition to the CaraVan now... depends on how many of the Newgene players are going.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Am I guaranteed a spot if I need it? I'm not sure if Andy is going yet, but if he is he can just stop by and pick me up here. If not though, I definitely want a ride over...

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Seat info:
1. DMStudios
2. Ronin686
3. Balloon
4. t0mmy
5. t!mmy
6. (Shin?)
7. --------

Kenpachi

Smash Apprentice
I almost feel like we need to get an OSUmobile going over here, heh. Team up and go to out of state tournaments as a group of Oregonians. If i could, I'd volunteer my dad's 14 seater van. but thats back at home ><.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yeah, Eugene and Corvallis should get together and invade a NorCal tournament. That would be schweet.

Okay, I guess Jrad gets the last RSVP on the seat.

Damedesu

Smash Rookie
I almost feel like we need to get an OSUmobile going over here, heh. Team up and go to out of state tournaments as a group of Oregonians. If i could, I'd volunteer my dad's 14 seater van. but thats back at home ><.
...road trip, anyone?

cmin

Smash Ace
andy from grants pass, i dont know how you got out of that place, but come to this tournament and do a 5$mm with me. good bye gay boy

myck

Smash Rookie
<<<<<<<<<<v4p (andy)

I like balls !!!! and I am thinkin about it. I want to, but if I went, that would mean three weekends in a row I have been out of town. my paychecks = balls.

ps i luv men

Top Bottom