• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OS All-Stars: Game over! TOWN WINS!

HepAlien

Smash Rookie
Why'd you want an equal flush considering null/lean scum Ran?
What are you talking about? Ran only made two posts and was never high on my totem pole, I'd have seen him go over me if the situation demanded it. Still would, since they've just been recapping the thread and are the same level of useless, but they've moved to a town read for me since starting to post, and that's worth something.

Let's not waste mislynches on bull**** "hardbody" plays from players who apparently play mafia just to grind their ****s against my face.

HepAlien

Smash Rookie
Took Joey's advice and reread ZV, they're town. So is BM.

Meadow is scum, posting reactively rather than scumhunting. Sold should take the reins if Ryker's going to be useless, there is no excuse for that and I'm beginning to think it's intentional.

Fmarsh is town.

Xonar is a ****ing moron and town.

Vote: Meadowsizzle

My other picks and the order they should go is Sho and DH.

Bubbly Masquerain

Dooms|John2k4
If you're at #500 the you have 1000 to go. ._.

Thoughts so far, Soup? Maybe on all the Chibo crap that went on? :|

Mr. Lynch

Soup|Zen
My villager house with my loving wife and kids.
I had a pretty decent read on Chiibii just from RVS, there is literally that doesn't change my mind here and even though their slot was inherently filler half of the time, it didn't read scummy. I seen a very small updated play from there and I don't see reason not to keep them in the town pool. Do you want details on everyone who was pressuring chibo also, or did you just want my read on them further?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
mod note: my internet connection is scarce at the moment due to family and holiday related activities, just FYI

Mr. Lynch

Soup|Zen
There's something I want to clarify, and that even though I have a lot of people trusting that Krys is town based to his reaction to some gambit Bardull pulled, I still heavily have my eye on him, even in this very small re-read I've seen krys flop from so many people without any goddamn solid reasoning for it. I'd love to know why but I know how people feel about being nagged from a slot that should be caught up, so i'm going to keep it as is.

Mr. Lynch

Soup|Zen
Alright, I'm not a man who has played in past overswarm games, but I recall people saying Setzer was a town role or something and we were going to be fine with clearing Sho because of it, I'm going to call crap on that and I don't understand why he decided to use his 7-flush so sparingly like this, why not let the game progress naturally instead of pulling out the big guns early on? Sho? What have you gotten out your 7-flush thus far and why did you specifically target the people you did? You disliked Hep, I get that, but let me know why my slot suddenly became important also.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
@Poli - is it weird that I agree with everything about but your read on Meadow? I think all of your points are legit regarding Ryker and his play but I feel like the overall play is townie.

:phone:
So you
1) Realize that everything we say about Ryker is right
2) Still think he's town regardless

I'm going to be honest with you, Ryker does that to people. He's not one of those players who'll stay obvscum. He's going to have minor drops here and there but, for the most part, he'll stay true to form throughout the game. A shining example is Lost almost-Mafia. I thought he was town when I entered the game and checked in with the way he got after his teammates. The only time I actually managed to catch him was later in the game with a nebulous roleclaim and some strange activities on D1.

He's going to feel town here and there. He'll make the right pushes or do something that feels towny. They don't erase those instances of bad play though and you shouldn't take it that way.

:186:

El ZV

ChiboSempai|Xiivi
I had a pretty decent read on Chiibii just from RVS, there is literally that doesn't change my mind here and even though their slot was inherently filler half of the time, it didn't read scummy. I seen a very small updated play from there and I don't see reason not to keep them in the town pool. Do you want details on everyone who was pressuring chibo also, or did you just want my read on them further?
Do you believe there was scum on my wagon?

Mr. Lynch

Soup|Zen
Bit of a leading question, but of course. TownSho would use that ability in early Day 1, because it's a double-lynch and isn't sustainable in later days. So a scumSho would use it D1 too to emulate as much. Setzer could've been made mafia; didn't FFT have an indy with a similar power? There's nothing inherently factional about the ability to cause an extra lynch in a Day. Focus on his play.

The optimal strategy is to even out the flush votes between the two of us, as without posts I have no reason to want Ran dead, or to want two lynches rather than one.

Heading to bed to recharge my patience.
sooooooo...

Hep's a target why again?

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
ughughughughugh

I hate Sho's play. It's garbage, half-*****, and stupid. He waffled on a couple of early reads and remained completely null about some of the other ones. He played as a background force and a sheep and fully admitted that he was behind meadow because it was safer that way.

I hate the way Hep treated his slot though (hep is scum by the way). I hate the way Meadow treated his slot. At first he was okay with Sho. When he vanished, the only ****ing thing Sho did was throw down his 7-Flush. Now he suddenly believes Sho is scum for reasons I don't understand. I could ask him until I'm blue in the face but he probably won't pull them out until he gets to a computer.

So, I think he could be town simply through the way my top two scumpicks are handling that slot.

I'm not ruling out a bus though.

FroMar's a crapshoot for me. Vets have this strange habit of saying and doing **** without saying why, even when you try to get reasons out of them. They're something you have to analyze the long way, so unless an investigative gets thrown at them, that's not a slot I'll have a definitive "town or scum" read on for awhile. Chances are, I probably won't need to analyze them too much. townMarshy puts himself out there enough as the game progresses anyway.

But that's not good enough. Right now, I find them kinda frustrating. Their inferno push...eh, I see why. It made sense, given the way Inferno acted. Since then, they've kinda sat around and *****ed about how people pushed things and tried to direct people. I really wish they'd join us on Meadowsizzle rather than dally about on ****ing Sho.

El ZV

ChiboSempai|Xiivi
On the topic of Sho, and Mr. Lynch reminding me about his claim post, Setzer was indeed town. I've read everything OS has had to say about the roles being in past games and this one, and I think there's a very strong chance that no alignments have been changed.

Not technically a 100% clear, but enough to make me not want him to be the play.

Mr. Lynch

Soup|Zen
ughughughughugh

I hate Sho's play. It's garbage, half-*****, and stupid. He waffled on a couple of early reads and remained completely null about some of the other ones. He played as a background force and a sheep and fully admitted that he was behind meadow because it was safer that way.

I hate the way Hep treated his slot though (hep is scum by the way). I hate the way Meadow treated his slot. At first he was okay with Sho. When he vanished, the only ****ing thing Sho did was throw down his 7-Flush. Now he suddenly believes Sho is scum for reasons I don't understand. I could ask him until I'm blue in the face but he probably won't pull them out until he gets to a computer.

So, I think he could be town simply through the way my top two scumpicks are handling that slot.

I'm not ruling out a bus though.

FroMar's a crapshoot for me. Vets have this strange habit of saying and doing **** without saying why, even when you try to get reasons out of them. They're something you have to analyze the long way, so unless an investigative gets thrown at them, that's not a slot I'll have a definitive "town or scum" read on for awhile. Chances are, I probably won't need to analyze them too much. townMarshy puts himself out there enough as the game progresses anyway.

But that's not good enough. Right now, I find them kinda frustrating. Their inferno push...eh, I see why. It made sense, given the way Inferno acted. Since then, they've kinda sat around and *****ed about how people pushed things and tried to direct people. I really wish they'd join us on Meadowsizzle rather than dally about on ****ing Sho.
I feel your frustration in this post and I can safely that I am here for you. This game has been a monstrosity to read and slots like these make me want to pull my ****ing hair.

Yeah, that's reasonable logic, but he's playing around with the Sho read so far like it's fodder, he switched to scum on him suddenly? Seemed to be leading towards even in the post I quoted towards Hep, tell me what the connection would be if Hep flipped scum here?

Agreed, Someone should cop him before this game ends up like hearts.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
On the topic of Sho, and Mr. Lynch reminding me about his claim post, Setzer was indeed town. I've read everything OS has had to say about the roles being in past games and this one, and I think there's a very strong chance that no alignments have been changed.

Not technically a 100% clear, but enough to make me not want him to be the play.
Some bad guys may be Town. Get this idea out of your head.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
sooooooo...

Hep's a target why again?
Because despite saying Sho's a bigger target than his other scum read twice, he pushed onto the other scumread both times.

Because the way he handled Sho's role and his reaction to the role was disgusting.

Put those things together. He puts Sho on his scumlist twice but never fully dives at them. He keeps taking shot after shot after shot at Sho but the reaction to Sho's role was not "SHO IS SCUM GUYS" but rather "You used this **** wrong wtf I'm not scummy." His immediate reaction was not to dig in at Sho (one of his top scumreads, mind) but rather to dig into the mechanics of it. That makes me question the sincerity of his scumSho read.

:186:

Top Bottom