• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Organizing Pit Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
Thats just, edge-camping/stalling? xD
Exactly, but I think we should mention it. It's a technique not every Character can do (especially with their projectiles) and it's very useful. Yoshi Players also take advantage of this technique - with their annoying Eggs.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
Exactly, but I think we should mention it. It's a technique not every Character can do (especially with their projectiles) and it's very useful. Yoshi Players also take advantage of this technique - with their annoying Eggs.
Edge-stalling is a name already? XD Or do you wanna give it a special name for pit?

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
Edge-stalling is a name already? XD Or do you wanna give it a special name for pit?
S/he wants to give a name to the ability to ledge-hop attack and regrab the ledge in the same motion ((ledge-)jump). I called it "auto-ledging" in my last post as it is similar to "auto-canceling" where you finish an aerial before you hit the ground so you have no lag. It was important to have a name for this with the non-transference of L-canceling from Melee to Brawl.

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
This seems like a good valiant effort to consolidate all of Pit's terminology.... definitely gonna be one heck of a post lol.

About arrow layering/building (i call it layering), I was pretty sure that the difference between it and swarming, was that with swarming you would just loop uncharged arrows. With layering though, you would charge arrows while looping.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
I mean, we don't need names for EVERYTHING we can do. What's officially considered a tech?

Also, shooting arrows from the ledge is called... ledge hopping arrows, I believe.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Unfortunately we still haven't been able to get many Matchup discussions going either, and I really lost most of the interest of looping and whatever, could have went off gimping instead of doing it, and yet, many more Pits are trying to be fancy. I don't think they realize that most of it will get them killed eventually.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Unfortunately we still haven't been able to get many Matchup discussions going either, and I really lost most of the interest of looping and whatever, could have went off gimping instead of doing it, and yet, many more Pits are trying to be fancy. I don't think they realize that most of it will get them killed eventually.
Lawl, I only use arrow loopage when the enemy is off stage and tah's only if I miss while firing arrows at him, then I'll loop it around generaly coming at them between a 30-60% angle then I fire off another arrow and aim that one, basically it provides you with another hitbox. Yes I realize I coul just let that arrow go and fire more arrows, but psh! who wants to end the fun by gimps anyways ;)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Arrow sticking is not important, and therefore should not be learned, especially when it's just a random occurrence in Brawl, like that one Rainbow Cruise glitch. We really need to stop the stupid fancy tricks.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Pit B reversal is very useful simply run in one direction and hold b and press back almost simultaniously and release b if done correctly you will get a momentum push in the opposite direction , it will look as if Pit slide farwad

this is one of my secret defensive tech LOL seriously i never seen anyone done this before:); my Instant DVD Recorder isn't working so i can show a video of a :(

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
I have to wait til Saturday to try it, I don't have my nintendo.

He slides in the opposite direction of the arrow?
I'm trying to figure out how this is useful... fix spacing issues?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
or you can use it to start ledge camping if your in a pickle. but yeah mainly to fix spacing and possibly for mind games, aka defense and situational, I'm sure there are ways to use this for attacking maybe SH backwards a bit then do it so you fly farther back, but have the opponent behind you...? heh, this'll be a fun weekend 8-)

anyways yeah there's another use for it, SH backwords then arrow reversal to get a boosted SH backwords, basically land double as far as you normally would.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
I have to wait til Saturday to try it, I don't have my nintendo.

He slides in the opposite direction of the arrow?
I'm trying to figure out how this is useful... fix spacing issues?
You run in one direction, slide farwad in the other direction then release

Afropony

Smash Lord
I've started using Breversal, Ithink Pit has an especilly useful one because instead of having to shoot in the direction Pit faces you can turn the arrow around agin.

would it be possible to use the Breversal as DI seeing as though it could push him away from the sides. I've heard that the Lucario boards save about 5% if they use Breversal instead of their fastest aerial.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If so, we may have to use a jump first towards the blast boundary that we are approaching and B reversal quickly. I never done it, and seems risky.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
If so, we may have to use a jump first towards the blast boundary that we are approaching and B reversal quickly. I never done it, and seems risky.
if mastered it'll be a great new improvement for pits DI. also it will provide cover fire while we are approaching the stage. a Pit should never be gimped guys, if your knocked off and not out, you can glide/drop glide glide attack, arrow jump (firing arrows every time you jump closer to the stage) air dodge >footstool (this works a lot with pit because of his 4 jumps, your almost always garenteed to have 1 left if they are coming in at you from a spike) there are so many options that our offstage game should be comparable to samus'

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
if mastered it'll be a great new improvement for pits DI. also it will provide cover fire while we are approaching the stage. a Pit should never be gimped guys, if your knocked off and not out, you can glide/drop glide glide attack, arrow jump (firing arrows every time you jump closer to the stage) air dodge >footstool (this works a lot with pit because of his 4 jumps, your almost always garenteed to have 1 left if they are coming in at you from a spike) there are so many options that our offstage game should be comparable to samus'
Keep in mind that we need to get out of the hitstun ASAP (I use F-air), then do the thing with the arrow, jump then reverse quickly, i gotta try it out and see how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom