• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Trail Challenge

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'll probably check out the metroid hacks... gotta get a good controller first, though... : / keyboard is fine and dandy for IWBTG, but metroid needs a controller. lol

I heard redesign has mixed reviews... I had actually heard of that one. Limit is new to me, as is cliffhanger. Just gotta rework the tricksies... been so long since I used them last. lol

I beat Ninja Gaiden 1 a long time ago, but never got around to playing the others... I mean, the games were cool, but just weren't all that fun for me.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
There are a couple of "visual" metroid hacks I am waiting for. Metroid Aegis and Metroid SR388. They arn't meant to challenge your ability (that much) but they are more of story creations with an entire graphical revamp. Check them out below:

Metroid SR388: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz-Sfw91A6A

Metroid Aegis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pjrIyhsDiA

I REALLLLLLYYYYY want SR388, but the main project site has been down for about a month (and he's been working on it for well over 2 years now; the most recent trailer that is no longer on youtube showed some AMAZING work)

Aegis actually is realistically close to being done. According to the developer, Acheron, he just needs to finish creating the final boss area/rooms/tiles, the music, and then bug testing before he finishes. He predicts it'll be out by the end of the summer.

On topic: Oregon trail can blow me LOL

vZakat

Half Genie
Yo fenrir, If you want a hard platformer you can try Super Kaizo World. It's one of the hardest super mario world hacks ever made. And has battle toads been mentioned yet. that's a pretty hard game.

Edit- SR388 isn't a super metriod hack but an entire fan gamed made with SM sprites. And I'm personally more excited about Eris than Aegis. especially since it will most likely be out before aegis.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'm not a huge fan of Mario-related hacks... I enjoy watching people repeatedly fail at them, but the slippery physics system makes it sooooooo much nmore frustrating than it has to be.

SR388 looks absolutely incredible... like wow...

and there's SO many Metroid hacks... blahhhh...
Eris looks great, though

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I'm not a huge fan of Mario-related hacks... I enjoy watching people repeatedly fail at them, but the slippery physics system makes it sooooooo much nmore frustrating than it has to be.

SR388 looks absolutely incredible... like wow...

and there's SO many Metroid hacks... blahhhh...
Eris looks great, though
I plan on making some real good Mario hacks....not any bull**** like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awtf_lKNaNw

Top Bottom