• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
He tried to f-smash t0mmy, but messed up on the timing by a few frames... otherwise it would've been a tipper.

And I overheard someone saying at SCC "I don't think Mew2King would sandbag... not even against a 5 year girl." ha ha ha ha, so true.

Balloon

Smash Lord
He tried to f-smash t0mmy, but messed up on the timing by a few frames... otherwise it would've been a tipper.

And I overheard someone saying at SCC "I don't think Mew2King would sandbag... not even against a 5 year girl." ha ha ha ha, so true.
A 5 year old girl is different from a "Pichu main". He would probably sandbag against a "Pichu main".

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Especially if he thinks said main would get a kick out of boasting about the match :p

Which is to say, if I was the best player in the world and some kid I've never heard of wanted to play me with one of the ****tiest characters in the game, AND if I suspected he'd brag to all his friends if he could take a stock off me, I wouldn't give a **** and just humor him - so he could do just that.

Binx

Smash Master
Especially if he thinks said main would get a kick out of boasting about the match :p

Which is to say, if I was the best player in the world and some kid I've never heard of wanted to play me with one of the ****tiest characters in the game, AND if I suspected he'd brag to all his friends if he could take a stock off me, I wouldn't give a **** and just humor him - so he could do just that.
Umm T0mmy isnt boasting, t!mmy let us know what happened and we are teasing both t0mmy and m2k I believe.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Oh lol, I thought tommy posted that. Doesn't matter, not only is the boasting thing not the integral component to my opinion, but it is still boasting. Just not coming from tommy. =)

omfg binx, next post is 1000. make it special :>

T0MMY

Smash Master
M2k was actually really upset when I took the first stock off with Pichu. He even paused the game while I went for an edge-guard. Everyone watching had fun, and I did better against him with Pichu then everyone else did with higher tiers. I don't feel like I'm boasting, but I have all the right to feel a little proud.
Also, props to Mexican for his win against M2k with DK--rep those low-tiers.

Binx

Smash Master
LOL, yeah spelling isn't my specialty, neither is typing, and if someone is around who is kind of funny I have trouble breathing, also Im not good at smash or work, or life.

But its ok because I am fat and clumsy thus bringing joy to thousands, thousands.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
LOL, yeah spelling isn't my specialty, neither is typing, and if someone is around who is kind of funny I have trouble breathing, also Im not good at smash or work, or life.

But its ok because I am fat and clumsy thus bringing joy to thousands, thousands.
Well said Justin you do bring joy to us all.

I have noticed you have trouble breathing when your playing around Keith and I now that's funny lol

Anyway have fun people it's time for me to lay dormant for another month or so then talk again and you know what I do lol

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Helping with travel costs is really cool of you Binx, but I would waive the donation seeing as it's your birthday. lol. Unfortunately, I don't think Eugene will be able to come because something rather major has come up.

Binx

Smash Master
Helping with travel costs is really cool of you Binx, but I would waive the donation seeing as it's your birthday. lol. Unfortunately, I don't think Eugene will be able to come because something rather major has come up.
/cry

I want plenty of people to show up, I miss you guys, as some of you know my Ex Girlfriend broke up with my for no reason after 3 and a half years and I had to move, so I want to create a nice cool memory over here at my new place, someone should bring a camera and everyone can tease me about how I am 22 and suck at smash and no milestones left in life haha.

Come on guys, simpathy johns =D

happynoodleboy

Smash Apprentice
Hey,

I didn't want to start an entirely new thread for this, and as I wasn't sure where to post this, I guess this would make sense as, given my Portland location, you would be the guys I'd be Smashing with...

I'm ENTIRELY new to tourneys. That is, never been in one, teh uB3R n00b, and so on... can you guys point me to a thread that will teach me all of the SUPER basics of what I need to know and/or fill me in and/or tell me how to get started?

seriously, I know nothing--pretend I'm ********

thanks, and sorry to waste space (if that's what I'm doing)

Binx

Smash Master
Wavedashing, L-cancelling, All The Terms! Read First! Update 3/22/2007

Read all of this, then how to improve, a compilation

All 6 of these have some good information AZs Smash Tidbits

and everyone should check out Do a barrel role

Also check out the character specific section for your character. And a tip: sticking with one character will limit your flexability in tournaments but you will improve fast and learn the basics easier if you get used to one character, also brawl is coming out soon and you may or may not have time to learn more than one character by december, so if I were you I would just pick someone you really enjoy using and try and get decent with them, it will take more than 2 months to get good with anyone.

The best smash player in the world agrees with me on how to become the best smash player in the world

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Noodleboy, if you're asking for how to get into tournaments, just check the pacific northwest forum every so often for an Oregon-based one. Also here. Also, welcome.

happynoodleboy

Smash Apprentice
haha, awesome! thanks for the help guys :)

I'll check out those links and keep checking here for tourneys.

One question though--is there any sort of tourney etiquette I should know? (aside from BYOC) and I really don't know how a lot of it works... rankings, and so on... and do I need name for entry or something (beyond my actual name :p ) ?

Balloon

Smash Lord
Generally new players bring a present for each person confirmed for the tournament.

And yeah, you do need a name besides your actual. We will pick it for you, though, using a voting process that's been proven effective in the past year or so.

Ronin686

Smash Ace
haha, awesome! thanks for the help guys :)

I'll check out those links and keep checking here for tourneys.

One question though--is there any sort of tourney etiquette I should know? (aside from BYOC) and I really don't know how a lot of it works... rankings, and so on... and do I need name for entry or something (beyond my actual name :p ) ?
It's common courtesy to shake hands after a set.. I can't think of anything else. Everybody in Oregon is really friendly.

cmin

Smash Ace
shake hands... or if you get 4 stocked you are allowed to round house kick the opponent in the neck

Binx

Smash Master
Generally new players bring a present for each person confirmed for the tournament.

And yeah, you do need a name besides your actual. We will pick it for you, though, using a voting process that's been proven effective in the past year or so.
LOL @ bart - Too funny

I vote we call him Flounder (dude sorry if this sticks) he might have trouble abreviating it though so maybe Fish for short?

It's common courtesy to shake hands after a set.. I can't think of anything else. Everybody in Oregon is really friendly.
When I lose a set I throw my controller through the nearest window (unless it looks expensive) - Sorry Ronin I was in a really foul mood when you beat me at OSU II, GGs though. Prepare for the Wrath of the climbers though, no more Marthing you, you own my Marth too bad with Doc.... somehow....

shake hands... or if you get 4 stocked you are allowed to round house kick the opponent in the neck
So the 4-stocker gets to kick the 4-stockee or the other way around? Cause I would love to take my shots at your neck when you 4 stock me.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Noodleboy, you're already off to a great start etiquettewise. Don't sweat anything, just keep being cool.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Minh speaks the truth.

Also, Binx, those guides you posted, specifically the "How to improve - a compilation" was the best thing I've ever read for this game. A lot of stuff I knew and realized, but there was a lot I didn't entirely think about all the time.

Binx

Smash Master
Minh speaks the truth.

Also, Binx, those guides you posted, specifically the "How to improve - a compilation" was the best thing I've ever read for this game. A lot of stuff I knew and realized, but there was a lot I didn't entirely think about all the time.
Thanks! just make sure and post on some of them =D they can all use some bumps.

Top Bottom