• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Smash Community [OSC] - Oregon's official Smash Community est. 2005

Riot6777

Smash Ace
This summer I'll be able to go to some tournaments. I am going to be in Portland with my dad! ;D Get ready to kick my ***!
You said your going to be in Portland?

The Oregon Empire Games tournaments are held in Portland you can always come to my tournaments they will be close to you.

And I think I will be getting my butt kicked........... (Riot)=:psycho: Noob! :psycho:

Remember everyone the tournament is on the 19th $10 to enter and I am hoping to see Washington down there.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Wow, Gimpy, I don't think you're ever going to get a girlfriend. :chuckle:
I'm pretty sure Bowser players kidnap their dates...

And for John Nielson, notice that the J in "Joshes" was capitalized and the one in "johns" was not.

Snoodude

Smash Cadet
Nobody ever gets it right!

And for John Nielson, notice that the J in "Joshes" was capitalized and the one in "johns" was not.

:laugh: Yeah, and I know what a 'john' is; I still wish it were some other name though. :ohwell:

And it's spelled N-I-E-L-S-E-N. No 'O's. (Just like Leslie Nielsen, and no. I'm not related, cool as that would be.)
Betta' re-con-ize!

artifice

Smash Ace
Hey thanks to the orgegon smashers who came down to spo-rly.

and I like the buttom one, but they both could use a little revamping

T0MMY

Smash Master
About the SF:E & EVO situation:

The problem with SF:E vs EVO is everyone in OR seems to be able to attend SF:E but wants to go to EVO. Unless we can inform and work out a reschedule for SF:E and get transportation needs taken care of to EVO, I think SF:E would be best seen as a Pac NW alternative to a So WC event.

At any rate, 0C3 should be 100% affirmitive in attendence because it is just that awesome.

Balloon

Smash Lord
Hey t0mmy, if you sandbag every tourney then why do you always act like "Oh man that was close" right after you lose? Yes, I lost against you at TANG 19 way back when, but that's the only instance. Quit johnning and actually win a ****ing tournament if you're so godly.

But yeah, I had, IMO, good reason to be upset, as I ****ing have to drive four hours and spend my god **** money that I work for in order to play in TANG tournaments. That's 60 dollars in gas money as well as entrance fees, plus any money I have to spend on food. I'm sorry, do you work? I don't recall.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Why the **** would you sandbag in every tourney you go to? I don't think I've ever sandbagged in a tourney match - what would be the point? I spent 5 or 10 dollars to enter just to not try?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Due to circumstances beyond my control (illness) Big City Gamin' is closed today, Sunday the 3rd of June. Everyone is meeting at my apartment instead. If anyone is interested in coming over, you can call 687-6883 to get ahold of me (all the info is located at the SF:E thread, first page too).

Eggz

Smash Hero
Tommy has a certain problem that prevents him from playing seriously atm. Timmy told me aboot it. (If I remember right, thats why he 'sandbags'.) and he probably says it was close to be a good sport.

Balloon

Smash Lord
So.. he says it was close to be a good sport, but then later does the exact opposite by attacking me? I don't think so. I don't believe this bull**** for one second.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Sure sandbagging in tournament is a ******** john. I don't think hes conciously sandbagging, but he could be subconciously playing poorly. Regardless, I doubt hes intentionally not trying.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Why can't Helen Keller drive? Get it? Get it?

Anyways, just posting to add this thread to my thread subscriptions.
Woah. Thats not even clever lol. Try this one on for size.

Why can't Stevie Wonder read? CUZ HES A NIGG3R!

Get it? Inferior by nature?

If your gonna be offensive, do it right.

And you can't just say "Get it?!" and have it be funny. You have to explain the joke. Otherwise it doesn't even mock actual use of 'Get it?'.

Riot6777

Smash Ace
Woah. Thats not even clever lol. Try this one on for size.

Why can't Stevie Wonder read? CUZ HES A NIGG3R!

Get it? Inferior by nature?

If your gonna be offensive, do it right.

And you can't just say "Get it?!" and have it be funny. You have to explain the joke. Otherwise it doesn't even mock actual use of 'Get it?'.
EGGZ I have never agreed more with anyone this much on the smash boards as I agree with you now.......

Wow..... :laugh:

T0MMY

Smash Master
It's not that I "sandbag" in tournements, but that's the generic term for not trying in the Smash community.
Just yesterday I think I might have figured something out. I get really nervous or something during a tournement and I combat it by not caring about it. That and I don't like how competitive feelings get in the way of people actually having fun. If someone gets upset at losing to me, more than likely they will win. Duke nearly won against me at Salem, some new player who couldn't short-hop nearly beat me at OSU, etc. Combined with all my personal problems that usually fluctuate during a tournement, I'm not all that concerned about playing my best.
Anyone can just say all those are johns, but sometimes proclaiming a john is the worst john. I'm actually recognizing why I don't do well in tournements and doing something about it.

But lately I have been sandbagging less and currently ranked 1st in Eugene's Smash league.

I singled you out, Bart, because you're the only one who cares when someone questions your abilities. I really don't think you're a bad player at all, remember, I voted you breakout player in OR, but consider it payback for all your comments posted about me X^D

Snoodude

Smash Cadet
i hate you t0mmy. you know i only main ff6
lol "Run, run, or you'll be well done!" Best line evar. :laugh:

Just yesterday I think I might have figured something out. I get really nervous or something during a tournament and I combat it by not caring about it.
It's funny, I have the opposite problem; I get nervous when playing [more experienced players] and I start caring more, which unfortunately makes me play sloppy.

That and I don't like how competitive feelings get in the way of people actually having fun.
I agree completely about how having fun should be first and foremost, with competition secondary in nature to fun.

If someone gets upset at losing to me, more than likely they will win.
And lastly, I again have the opposite problem: If someone gets upset at losing to me, that usually just makes me play better and them worse. :chuckle:

OMG Eugene!!! I had the best time of my life yesterday! I am looking forward to SF:E even more than before, a feat I had not thought physically possible. (Oh and btw, I could probably make it the following weekend if the date was moved, though I don't know much about the EVO thing.)

Thank you T0MMY, t!MmY, Ronin686, DMStudios, ~Shin_Ganondorf~, Kefka, Kupa, and the other Josh (mwerp?), as well as any others who I didn't get contact info for. You showed me what good Smashing is REALLY like.

And one last thing, T0MMY? My infos for OSM, Southern Oregon is here:
Snoodude: Peach/Samus [/Marth/Sheik :rolleyes:] - Salem. Thanks.

Binx

Smash Master
I went to OSU 2 and Empire does that Q me for a spot on the front page? As far as you having fun when you play thats fine, I have more fun playing low tiers and mid tiers too. I really wanted to learn ICs even though they are kind of high just cause they are so cool, I played them this weekend though and can honestly say that I would get so mad at Nana if I played them competetively that I would probably have an aneurism and die during any major tournament. However during actuall tournaments its more fun for me to win and do my best, so I play my best character which is Marth, and sometimes peach, I dunno I think im alright with her, I usually dont use her in tournaments though cause I dont have as much confidence as I do in my Marth. On a side note, my three mains kinda all get pwnt by shiek...

Q: Why can't Hellen Keller drive
A: Cause she's blind?
A: No, cause shes a woman.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I wouldn't normally list you as a competitive player until you've played in an actually tournement; we just had a weekly. But considering you're most likely going to be at SF:E then I might as well add you now.
And it was great having you, the more the merrier. Try setting something up with Exodia/Zapdos in Salem.

Binx: I'll add you too. Usually I only add people who attend SF:E or TANG, OSU is a rare event, but it doesn't matter, as long as I see you around enough I'll add you.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
eggz i'll MM you at GC most likely, I don't know what amount WA does for MM but I know that I won't have to much money so I guess I'll talk to you there and we'll figure it out.

Top Bottom