• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oregon Power Rankings: Updated 02/04/08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow-Worm

Smash Rookie
I'm moving back to Oregon tomorrow.
Sweet, you're going to have to come up to Portland to hang out with VG and I as soon as you can. We'll call you up soon, VG's took 10 days off work to practice Brawl, but I'm sure he'd much rather spend a few reminiscing about melee with you.

-Pablo

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, you're going to have to come up to Portland to hang out with VG and I as soon as you can. We'll call you up soon, VG's took 10 days off work to practice Brawl, but I'm sure he'd much rather spend a few reminiscing about melee with you.

-Pablo
hey pablo where does venus gospel live lol im gonna be brawling tomorrow maybe at guys or something
you should come

are changing the pr next month because ive been placing higher then people ranked above me ??? i dont mind that much though

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Idk if you guys are still doing anything with this list or not, but I wanted to say something.

If you've seen the NCPR, all the panelists and most of the best players in the state don't care about the rankings currently. But yet for some reason, the fact that the panelists means that all of those people who DO want a rankings get screwed. I kind of see this happening in OR. Those of you who just say "it's just a list" should just ignore it and the opinions of those who care about it.

You can't really force someone to care about the lists. What sucks in NorCal is that lots of people who got better in the last 7 or so months (since the last REAL update) want a list that reflects that, but the rules of SWF don't allow it. I suggest that your whole community make a list of players, 1-15 in order from best to worst, of who you think are the best players. It would be better to finalize this list if it won't be updated for a while than to leave an inaccurate mess behind going into Brawl.

If you guys do this, the goal of the list should be 'at-a-glance, where do these players stand by their peers?' By that I mean you should ignore the requests of players who don't care or want to be dropped (MCS, t!mmy, t0mmy). This list isn't for any one person, it is for anyone who is a stranger and wants to know who is good and isn't. Remember that a reference is never for the people who make it - they already have their opinions. Instead teach everyone who doesn't know who OR's best are.

I don't want to see OR's rankings in the same shape as NorCal's. Players deserve recognition, whether or not they want it. Please take this as unbiased and in good faith.

Balloon

Smash Lord
the list already reflects accurately our best players in melee, and melee is very easily a way better game than brawl, so i'm pretty content with how it stands. dunno about the other panelists, but i'm pretty sure they agree.

also **** rules. norcal should update the list however much the panelists want to update it.

i don't see where people said "it's just a list" in the type of context you provided though. clearly you know nothing about how our community goes. i'll explain a couple things though, i guess.

1. Timmy and Tommy are 30 year old losers who have devoted their lives to being bad at smash. Since they are so bad, they seek to control the entire community, they seek to get to know the community, while at the same time not letting anybody know anything about themselves.

2. Oregon isn't seen for what it actually is; instead it's a huge joke to the rest of the smash community, because any respected player can recognize how bad Timmy and Tommy are at the game. This, combined with the fact that Timmy only ever uploads videos where he or Tommy wins, also combined with their complete and utter desire to black out anybody in Oregon that is actually good at the game, causes out of state smashers to hold that view. Nobody ever hears of our good players, because our good players have things to do other than spend all day playing DS and browsing SWF.

3. Brawl sucks ***.

Shadow-Worm

Smash Rookie
hey pablo where does venus gospel live lol im gonna be brawling tomorrow maybe at guys or something
you should come
Sorry, BC, you really should talk to him about that kind of stuff, if I go to anything smash related, it's only because he's already going.

You and VG should come to this. Also Aftermath if you're free :)

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=489
Thanks, I'll see what I can do. VG doesn't have a lot of money for smash this week and we both have previous engagements, but he seemed interested anyways, so he/we might find a way.

Angry rant.
I haven't seen you/walked-the-dog-to-the-mall-with-you in too long.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
quick edit: When I said some ppl didn't care about the list, I didn't mean to imply those ppl were panelists. I think it came off like I meant that though. Oops.

I agree with BC. Oregon is misrepresented. t!mmy and t0mmy do seem to think they are more skilled than they actually are (and guys, I mean BEFORE you decided to drop Melee for Brawl). But the misrepresentation of the state is not only their fault.

None of you travel, or seem to really have a competitive interest in the game besides playing in OR and WA. I know what you're probably thinking. "We have lives, blah blah, so we don't play this game that much etcetera." That doesn't change anything. There are still a few good players in your state who aren't on that list for one reason or another. I just think they should be on it where the community as a whole thinks they should be. Specifically I mean t!mmy, t0mmy, and MCS. (And I bet there are others I don't know of.)

And you're right - I am misinformed about OR's community. If you don't like that, do something to change it. It seems to me like the representation of your state comes from a few Oregonians who disagree and argue, attempting to change the opinions of others (those people are Balloon and t0mmy especially) while the large majority seems to have fun and be a good community, who are too busy enjoying themselves to listen to all of your bickering. Also it seems that others, like Peach Masta and (to a less extent) t!mmy are interested in remedying problems and compromising. But nobody really, attempts to produce a cohesive, unbiased picture of OR smash.

On a personal note - slander does not affect me so save our time and keep it out of your posts. I have my own eyes, you don't need to give me information that I can see for myself. Also I think the top 3 spots are accurate.

Another quick thing I'd like to point out. Some players tend to do much better against the people they play most often, whereas others do exceptionally well against strangers. Have you guys considered this in the rankings? Just curious.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
"But nobody really, attempts to produce a cohesive, unbiased picture of OR smash."

It is impossible to produce a cohesive, unbiased picture of anything.

Balloon

Smash Lord
pretty sure we do attempt to provide an unbiased picture of everything.

you can accuse me of trying to change people's opinions, but i'll guarantee you right now that i do not do it purposefully. i only ever express my opinion on a matter very openly, and it just so happens that my logic and reasoning skillz r top tiER

anyway, i don't like it that Oregon is misrepresented, but i'm not about to go and put a ****load of effort into tons of things to get everybody to know that timmy and tommy aren't our best players at melee, especially since melee is dead.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Idk if you guys are still doing anything with this list or not, but I wanted to say something.

I don't want to see OR's rankings in the same shape as NorCal's. Players deserve recognition, whether or not they want it. Please take this as unbiased and in good faith.
There's plenty of reasons why the list has become in the same shape as NorCal, and it's not going to change until the panelists address these situations, but they tend to ignore the suggestions and just bicker instead.
The reason why me n' t1mmy wanted off the list is because we don't play Melee anymore. The baby arguments of "I'm better than you" really didn't matter to me because 1)I play for fun; 2)I don't really care how good I am; 3)I know I am good based on my accomplishments.
You can't say Oregon doesn't travel considering me & t1mmy have been to all the recent CA tournaments plus Washington tournaments (OC3, SCC, E for All, Play N' Trade, NUB, and two Brawl events in CA). You should know, we gave you a ride to the last one, lol.
I would comment on why this PRL doesn't go anywhere, but I think the posts speak for themselves:

i'll explain a couple things though, i guess.

1. Timmy and Tommy are 30 year old losers who have devoted their lives to being bad at smash. Since they are so bad, they seek to control the entire community, they seek to get to know the community, while at the same time not letting anybody know anything about themselves.

2. Oregon isn't seen for what it actually is; instead it's a huge joke to the rest of the smash community, because any respected player can recognize how bad Timmy and Tommy are at the game. This, combined with the fact that Timmy only ever uploads videos where he or Tommy wins, also combined with their complete and utter desire to black out anybody in Oregon that is actually good at the game, causes out of state smashers to hold that view. Nobody ever hears of our good players, because our good players have things to do other than spend all day playing DS and browsing SWF.

3. Brawl sucks ***.
2 out of his 3 points were directed at me & t1mmy to somehow make a point about his PRL. Now he has to make out an age for us? Better than the 119 years old he was saying last time? I didn't take his posts seriously for the longest time until I realized he was being serious. But now I'm back to not caring, flaming isn't going anywhere and I'm not a part of not going anywhere.

Balloon

Smash Lord
pretty sure you're 30, live with your dad, don't have a job that you work more than once per month at, and hardly go to school. i'd say you are a part of not going anywhere xD!

but you're right, i should definitely stop flaming you. i'm sorry. i finally realize that you and your brother really aren't worth my time in the least.

now, give me my gloves back.

T0MMY

Smash Master
pretty sure you're 30, live with your dad, don't have a job that you work more than once per month at, and hardly go to school. i'd say you are a part of not going anywhere xD!

but you're right, i should definitely stop flaming you. i'm sorry. i finally realize that you and your brother really aren't worth my time in the least.

now, give me my gloves back.
You're way off on your presumptions, as usual, but it sounds like I have a lot more in life than you do if you're wasting it flaming someone who isn't worth your time.

You want us to find your gloves, save them for you, store them, AND deliver them to you? We probably would do that, but it is asking a lot. I'm not going to be so mean as to say you're not worth our time, because I do care a lot about you, my friend.

Balloon

Smash Lord
my bad, i didn't ask you to deliver them to me. i'll come by and get them. i'm terribly sorry that they are so difficult to store in your apartment!

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
updates will be provided stay tuned

Breaking News !!!

please update the glove status, its the whole reason i still log on this thing.
Hey Brdy, let's play brawl.

It seem *** if ***** *** ness is in our community!

This is SWF and Stay classy oregon:laugh:

cmin

Smash Ace
BC did you ever get that job that lets you eat chicken and watermelon all day??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom